Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts have agreed to terms with FA guard Todd Herremans

Dustin

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said I know we can't get most of the FAs yet, and while I don't hate the signing it's a typical Grigson "bargain bin", "ehhh" signing.

Name one player we can sign before Tuesday that is a top free agent.

You wouldn't mind Suh for 12 million. Lol

I wouldn't mind Suh for the vet minimum,

You're ridiculous and the type of poster on here that drives me nuts. If it was up to you we'd only spend about 20 million are year on players

Somebody get this man some coffee......

I think 1 million if he is cut. Anyway we are pretty loaded at RG now

Herremans

Thornton

Heenan

They can get a replacement for cheaper.

$731 k is the cap hit. Only way to get someone cheaper is a lower round pick in the draft.

You're an *. So you would rather spend starting QB Money for one defensive player? Thank god you aren't our GM..

I'll be surprised if you know anything about the Colts organization, or that we have our entire 2012 draft class coming up with their rookie contracts expiring. But yeah, let's spend 20 million on one guy not named Andrew Luck. Get real man.. The Colts need a heck of a lot more than Suh to win a SB. You make it seem like this team needs one player to take them over the top.

Wouldn't it be great if we could sign Suh, McCourty, Murray, and Iupati all for the vet minimum. Man we would be loaded

Name one player we can sign before Tuesday that is a top free agent.

I clearly stated I understood who we can sign right now and I don't have a problem with the signing per se, but it doesn't impress me either; and IF Herreman is the extent of Grigson addressing the RG spot (instead of someone like Boling,Franklin, etc...) than I will be very disappointed.

I clearly stated I understood who we can sign right now and I don't have a problem with the signing per se, but it doesn't impress me either; and IF Herreman is the extent of Grigson addressing the RG spot (instead of someone like Boling,Franklin, etc...) than I will be very disappointed.

$731k cap hit, his signing doesn't make it an impossibility to sign Boling, Franklin, etc. This wasn't supposed to be an impressive or flashy signing.

So far, Grigson is batting 1.000 (a thousand) this offseason. Every move has been correct.

Waived Landry, AJax, and Nixon. Let Shipley go. Re-signed Hasslebeck. Tendered Freeman at a nice level. Unfortunately let Wayne go ( but it was the right move).

And now a starting RG (or insurance in case Reitz leaves)...and cutting Thomas will probably get a starter for $0.

And I like the fact that the Colts have been solidly linked to Branch and Searcy (at least inquiring).

$731k cap hit, his signing doesn't make it an impossibility to sign Boling, Franklin, etc. This wasn't supposed to be an impressive or flashy signing.

I agree, that's why I emphasized "IF" in my post ... but, would it really surprise you if Grigson's plan was to let Herreman compete with who we already had for the RG spot, and really didn't address the position any further? It wouldn't surprise me, and I would be disappointed IF that turns out to be the case.

I agree, that's why I emphasized "IF" in my post ... but, would it really surprise you if Grigson's plan was to let Herreman compete with who we already had for the RG spot, and really didn't address the position any further? It wouldn't surprise me, and I would be disappointed IF that turns out to be the case.

No I wouldn't be surprised. I would be disappointed either because I think he is a solid upgrade, my biggest issue would be the fact that we would be in the same position next year if he walks.

Here's a Nick Foles video from '13-'14 that shows Herremans (#79) in pass pro. 1 thing I like about this video is that you will see Foles routinely escape right behind Todd and buy a ton of time or pick up yards on the run. Andrew is light years ahead of Foles athletically so im pretty pumped about the possibilities of Andrew on the run. He's pretty good in blitz pick up and anchoring against the bull rush too. Good signing Grigs!

Spoiler! The music gets pretty annoying after a while.

No I wouldn't be surprised. I would be disappointed either because I think he is a solid upgrade, my biggest issue would be the fact that we would be in the same position next year if he walks.

I would be very disappointed, we need to just step up and make sure the line is fixed. Not only is this not a sure fire fix, it's also a short term band aid at best. There are much better options, I just hope they are still in play.

I would be very disappointed, we need to just step up and make sure the line is fixed. Not only is this not a sure fire fix, it's also a short term band aid at best. There are much better options, I just hope they are still in play.

I agree the line needs a long term fix.

I guess I don't understand complaining about something that hasn't happened.

I guess I don't understand complaining about something that hasn't happened.

Not complaining... my original comments was basically that it was an OK but unimpressive signing. During the course of discussion of this comment I expanded on the offensive line issuE and discussing my concern for the possible implications given some of Grogson's prior decisions.

And even if I were complaining it wouldn'the be baseless. And a thread without any discussion about the possible future impact of the signing would basically just be a long thread talking about how great of move Grigson made, and those threads are always super interesting.

These forums would be pretty slow if we didn't discuss things that have not happened yet. By your logic why bother discussing the draft... I mean it hasn't happened yet; what's the point.

Well you people on here complain about every signing like the money is coming out of your pocket.

Take a deep breath.....

People complain about the money because any money badly spent (talking generically now)  is money that can't be spent elsewhere and the Colts have a lot of needs.

This is not about coming out of anyone's pocket.    It's about how it helps or hurts the team.