Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts have agreed to terms with FA guard Todd Herremans

Dustin

Just like I want our free agency to go.

Sign an OL. Next, sign the DL and safety, those 2 are more important than anything else, IMO. Next, find bargains on the ILB, WR and RB front. If you don't find bargains, draft some hungry ones.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an "OK" signing.  Thornton and Heenan are the "young guys capable of manning the spot"?  Thornton hasn't shown me much of anything that says he is capable of manning the spot and Heenan hasn't even played in the NFL.  Grigson has had plenty of time to "sort it out", he just needs to step up and spend the money to fix it. "Band-Aid Herreman" isn't the answer. 

On a side note I never said anything about Iupati, and not necessarily in favor of going after him .... you are assuming too much; both about Thornton and Heenan and about what I wanted. 

Harrison and Holmes are both capable of playing on the interior of the line... if Holmes could stay healthy. We have a lot of interior line players Grig's has said he isn't ready to give up on these guys, It upgrades the OL before FA even starts not sure what you want.

I would like Wiz stabilize the C position and work from there. I think relying on Holmes again is a huge mistake.

Harrison and Holmes are both capable of playing on the interior of the line... if Holmes could stay healthy. We have a lot of interior line players Grig's has said he isn't ready to give up on these guys, It upgrades the OL before FA even starts not sure what you want.

I would like Wiz stabilize the C position and work from there. I think relying on Holmes again is a huge mistake.

That's why I prefaced my original statements with "IF <-(capitalized) Herreman is the extent....", than I will be very disappointed.  I will withhold my final judgement of how Grigson did addressing the OL until after FA ... until then I will stay with "It was an ok yet unimpressive signing", for the price he looks at least like good depth. 

Harrison and Holmes being "capable of playing the interior line" doesn't mean they should.  I am "ehhh/undecided" about Holmes at C, I think he might be decent if the rest of the line was solid;  definitely not a fan of Harrison.  I could get onboard with getting Wisniewski at C if he had a reasonable price. 

That's why I prefaced my original statements with "IF <-(capitalized) Herreman is the extent....", than I will be very disappointed.  I will withhold my final judgement of how Grigson did addressing the OL until after FA ... until then I will stay with "It was an ok yet unimpressive signing", for the price he looks at least like good depth. 

Harrison and Holmes being "capable of playing the interior line" doesn't mean they should.  I am "ehhh/undecided" about Holmes at C, I think he might be decent if the rest of the line was solid;  definitely not a fan of Harrison.  I could get onboard with getting Wisniewski at C if he had a reasonable price. 

It doesn't mean they shouldn't either that Is what camp is for that being said Holmes at C will be a nightmare if he makes it to week 1 IMO the kid is soft plain and simple. I will be more than happy to eat those words but I don't see it. 

We will see what Grig's does him saying he isn't ready to give up on the O Line leaves me with the feeling don't expect a lot in FA when it comes to the O Line. I would be happy with Wiz and a T in the draft.

It doesn't mean they shouldn't either that Is what camp is for that being said Holmes at C will be a nightmare if he makes it to week 1 IMO the kid is soft plain and simple. I will be more than happy to eat those words but I don't see it. 

We will see what Grig's does him saying he isn't ready to give up on the O Line leaves me with the feeling don't expect a lot in FA when it comes to the O Line. I would be happy with Wiz and a T in the draft.

The problem with that is by then (after camp) it's usually too late to get better players, and you are stuck with what you have; unless you get really lucky and another team has to cut one during cutdowns. And OL is not like some positions like RB etc ... where a lot of times you can find good ones that can come in and play on the street, practice squad, etc ... 

If he doesn't address the OL in FA and we don't see significant improvement I look for his job to be on the line.  He has had enough time, not having a solid OL (top half the league across the board minimum) in both pass and run blocking this season is unacceptable. 

Not too sure if we are even going to pick up a tackle in FA.  My gut says Grigs is okay with having Reitz and Heremans as back up tackle options to Cherilus and Costanzo.  I'm betting he'll draft a tackle early or late.

Like the signing, didn't break the bank! Seems like a very good run blocker, has movement skills, Ok pass blocker, speed guys seem to be an issue at times. Looking forward to the battle at the guard positions this year. If RT is an issue I wouldn't be surprised they move Mewhort out there if Retiz isn't signed!

I'm not entirely sure that the Colts intend on cutting Donald Thomas. With the signing of Herremans, there is no rush for Donald Thomas to return back so soon from injury. The Colts can let him fully heal and have depth later in the season. Even without cutting Thomas, the Colts have 40+ million to spend which is plenty.

You can't count on Thomas for depth. If he ever has to step in you are just holding your breath that gets up after every snap. Thomas has to have the worst starts to season ending injury ratio of all time.

You can't count on Thomas for depth. If he ever has to step in you are just holding your breath that gets up after every snap. Thomas has to have the worst starts to season ending injury ratio of all time.

Ah Bob Sanders only started 48 of a possible 128 games in his career that went by(37.5 percent games played).......He only played in 52 in 8 seasons...an average of 6.5 per season....7...Thomas has played in 45 career games but spent most f his career as a back up, Had he been the starter he would have easily passed Sanders games played

Ok I'm watching the Eagles vs 49ers game and noticed Todd Herremans is playing RT. For those who know, Did he play RT all year or was it just this game?

week 1 vs Jax at RG

week 2 vs Indy at RG

week 3 vs Redskins at RG

week 4 vs 49ers RT

week 5 vs Rams RG

week 6 vs Giants RG

week 7 vs Cardinals RG

week 8 vs Texans RG

Watching the games one at a time, Don't know if he switched to other O Line spots yet during the course of games

-He can get to the second level easily but sometimes lunges when he gets there

-Not a very good drive blocker, not going to blow many D Linemen off the ball

-struggles with double moves, Once a defender crosses his face and suddenly heads back in the other direction Herremans struggles to recover quick enough

-Very slow to shoot his hands out into defenders chest off the snap often when pass blocking, Quick savvy D Linemen can take advantage of this

My take overall is he is an upgrade over anyone we had at RG last year but I don't think he is the missing link that the O Line needs or the savior of the O Line if that's what some are expecting in the short term that will drastically improve our run game. Fairly solid upgrade on a 1 year deal while we continue to search for a long term RG answer