Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lesean McCoy Traded to Bills for LB Kiko Alonso (Merge)

Nobody

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares where the two guys are in three years? What if the Eagles bomb this year and next, and Kelly gets fired?

I think it's an equitable trade, with the major risk being on the Eagles due to Alonso's injury. But I'm pretty sure they didn't make this trade because they think McCoy will be done in three years.

Chip would also prefer a back that makes a cut and goes downhill instead of dancing. Philly will still be top ten in rushing next year.

ACLs aren't a big deal anymore. They picked up one of the best young LBs in football.

Only thing I don't get is how is Philly supposed to go after Mariota now? McCoy was probably the one commodity they had that could help them move up to get him.

Besides that its really a win for both teams. Bills are missing their first rounder and Manuel isn't any good so this helps them immediately. Plus this confirms that Spiller and Jackson really are on their way out. If they can get a decent QB in FA, they can win 10 games.

Any RB can succeed in a Kelly system so they save money and don't lose much.

Chip would also prefer a back that makes a cut and goes downhill instead of dancing. Philly will still be top ten in rushing next year.

ACLs aren't a big deal anymore. They picked up one of the best young LBs in football.

Ehh, there's this belief that everybody just bounces back from an ACL, and it's really not true. No, it's not the devastating injury it used to be, but it's not something that's just shrugged off. I'm sure this deal will be subject to a physical, come March 10, and if Alonso doesn't pass, look out. Things will get really messy.

I like Alonso. Just saying, he's not a sure thing. The motivation is primarily to dump salary. I don't think it's because there's something wrong with McCoy.

Only thing I don't get is how is Philly supposed to go after Mariota now? McCoy was probably the one commodity they had that could help them move up to get him.

Besides that its really a win for both teams. Bills are missing their first rounder and Manuel isn't any good so this helps them immediately. Plus this confirms that Spiller and Jackson really are on their way out. If they can get a decent QB in FA, they can win 10 games.

Any RB can succeed in a Kelly system so they save money and don't lose much.

I really think only the Browns would keep the Eagles from getting Mariota, if they really want him.

my brother who's an eagles fan locked himself in his room

He clearly does not know how much of a beast Kiko is. Getting a cheap stud linebacker that could be one of the best in the league for years vs. having an expensive runningback who will be out of his prime within five years, who also just had a bad year in what should be his prime... I'd love to be the Eagles.

This was my big takeaway.....and I think Chip thinks he can get value at RB for much much cheaper...heck Sproles wasn't bad when he was on the field. Rex must thought he could cover the issues at LB with other players but he certainly wants to pound the rock. Mccoy is going to be out of the league after this contract though....Rex will give him more carries than he can handle.

When you don't have a QB, you have to pound. Same old Rex.

I think it also depends on how the Jets feel about him. I mean a blind man probably knows Geno Smtih is garbage.

I don't think Mariota is a surefire franchise QB, though. The Jets obviously might feel differently, but the two teams that really seem to have a motivation to get him -- and the means -- are the Eagles and reportedly the Browns. There could be other teams in the mix, but those are the only two I know of.

Besides, I don't think any of the teams ahead of Cleveland or NYJ are interested in a $10m/year RB. Maybe the Raiders, and I could be totally off, seeing as how the Bills just traded a defensive playmaker for him.

I think both teams wins with this trade.

The Eagles needed a good linebacker, and the Bills needed a good back to be there a full season.

The Bills are still a young team, they got some good pieces, and that defense is going to be more scary next year, especially with Rex.

Wow, the Eagles are crazier than I thought they were last year when they canned DeSean Jackson.

Good luck next year having no running game when Foles plays mediocre and/or gets injured and the offense goes down the drain again. 

The Bills will have a power running game next year for sure. Rex already making moves. 

Eagles doubled their spending money today.

This trade was a steal for Philly. McCoy danced more than Kelly wants and they get rid of his cap. In three years Kiko will be in Hawaii for pro bowls while McCoy is way over the hill, and they're equal players today.

McCoy rushed over 1,300 yards last year.

Sproles is old and aged, we figured this out back in 2012 (or at least the Saints did) 

They will have a lot of trouble next year running the ball without McCoy. 

McCoy rushed over 1,300 yards last year.

Sproles is old and aged, we figured this out back in 2012 (or at least the Saints did)

They will have a lot of trouble next year running the ball without McCoy.

If they struggle to run the ball, I'll eat my hat. They'll get CJ, Bush, or someone else and have one of the best running games in the NFL unless their o line gets devastated by injuries again. Their system is like the Broncos used to be; plug and play. I remember they traded Portis for Champ. I'm not saying Kiko will be Champ, but the trade reminds me of it on several levels.

I think both teams wins with this trade.

The Eagles needed a good linebacker, and the Bills needed a good back to be there a full season.

The Bills are still a young team, they got some good pieces, and that defense is going to be more scary next year, especially with Rex.

This trade is a case of dumb and dumber IMO. Chip Kelly just got rid of it his best offensive weapon which leaves him with none as he cut Jackson last year. He has Foles as his QB who was not very good in the limited amount of games he played. So when Foles struggles, who is there to pick up the slack? Not to mention this high octane offense gases his offense as much as any defense he plays. Again, this has shades of McDaniels when he went to Denver and got rid of Cutler and Marshall. I am sure Kelly has a plan but right now it is only apparent to him.

In terms of the Bills, you never trade a top defensive player for a RB. This is similar to the Colts giving the number one for Trent although at least McCoy is a proven solid back. I get it more on Rex's end though as he needs to run given he has no QB and he has to be able to ball control to keep the Pats from hanging 30+ on him every game. But he could have had a quality back in the draft for nothing and he also has Spiller and Jackson on the roster who are very good/stud backs. RB was NOT a need for him.

Mark Schlerf just made an interesting point on the trade. He said McCoy has been a back that ran out of a spread offense. He was not a guy that pounds it right between the tackles so he sees it as a bit of a mismatch for the Bills in terms of how they will use McCoy versus McCoy's strengths. This could be like Reggie Bush going from the Saints to the Fins. We will see if McCoy is durable enough and strong enough to pound the ball in more of a traditional offense.