Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict the Colts first big FA signing

Actually going to predict someone interesting. I thought about this and I'm going to pick someone that seems like he could be a Grigson guy. Orlando Franklin. He allowed 1 sack last year, very solid player, relatively young at 27, he seems like the type of guy who could fit well on the Colts. I think we lock him up early.

Let go of Nicks and Wayne, and we sign Jeremy Maclin to a 3 year deal.

Dan Williams of Arizona Cardinals and Brandon Graham of the Philadelphia Eagles could be very good acquisitions for us, IMO.

If we let Dqwell Jackson and Laron Landry go, I'd like us to go after David Harris and Dawan Landry of New York Jets for the ILB and SS position.

Just those moves and re-signing some of our own players will bolster our D a lot, IMO.

Actually going to predict someone interesting. I thought about this and I'm going to pick someone that seems like he could be a Grigson guy. Orlando Franklin. He allowed 1 sack last year, very solid player, relatively young at 27, he seems like the type of guy who could fit well on the Colts. I think we lock him up early.

That would be an excellent signing for the Colts and sure up the interior of that offensive line.

I love the offseason, there is still so much important stuff going on that affect each team.

It's fun to see how my team and other teams in the league add new pieces to their roster as part of a plan to attack the next season.

We have free agency in march and the draft in april.. then 3 months later the players are back in training camp and we do it all over again!

I love this sport!

Its going to be NO-ONE any one is thinking of... so I am going to say Da'Quan Bowers, or jabaal Sheard as the possible pick ups. And trade Richardson to the Pats for 2nd or third pick this year and draft a RB to replace him.

Not a single NFL team would even trade for Richardson with a 7th Round pick. The guy is literally the worst player at any position in the NFL.

Not a single NFL team would even trade for Richardson with a 7th Round pick. The guy is literally the worst player at any position in the NFL.

Agreed. I'm guessing if Grigson got drunk and offered the Browns Richardson back for Manziel (to back up Luck at qb), they still wouldn't do it. Richardson is absolutely worthless.

I don't know if there will be any "big" signings this year. On paper we have a lot of cap space but when you figure in the extensions that are coming for Costanzo, Luck, Hilton, Allen and Fleener I'm not sure how much is left. Grigson will probably just sign a bunch of average - above average players, even though that's what he has done anyways.

I actually was hoping we would snag Franklin in the draft. He went a few spots higher than our own pick which was Ben Ijalana....

Its going to be NO-ONE any one is thinking of...  so I am going to say Da'Quan Bowers, or jabaal Sheard as the possible pick ups.  And trade Richardson to the Pats for 2nd or third pick this year and draft a RB to replace him.

I doubt Patriots would want Richardson.

I doubt Patriots would want Richardson.

ok so 2nd or a third would be too to high...  A man has to dream.

I only think the pats cause they could lose Vereen.  While there were a lot of things that Richardson could not do, he can catch passes out of the backfield and was pretty good at blocking.  if you could some how turn him around I could see the Pats doing it in that kind of role.  

First off I am cutting all the jack *'s who cannot stay out of trouble ...

PERIOD...      Chuck STRONG is a CHUCK SOFT coach...    in EVERY WAY..    

TEAM    undisciplined, high TOs, penalties, NO ACCOUNTABILITY.  ...    NOT any.. 

Dungy was Mr. Nice... but players knew...   This staff...    oh well...    Chuck and Grigs will look the other way.???

This nonsense has to stop now. . 

Drop the hammer and lets get a little PRIDE BACK in this ORGANIZATION.    . ..

Rant over..

I love me some McPhee but I seriously wonder how much longer our Balt guy will last?  I just am.  

Nothing about Chuck screams "exceptionable" .. Not anything..    BB has shined a very bright light on this staff.

4th time to get it close?   Really?      If that is truly the case EVERY staff member and player not named Luck, Davis, or Hilton need to be closely evaluated.  .     And that includes GRIGS. 

Really embarrassing..    Same gameplan 3x in a row.. same result...    hmmm.

Going to go with Maclin or McPhee based on the the familiarity with the GM/Coach

I agree with another poster upstream:  Pernell Macphee.

He's more of a fit for the D than is Freeman, so money will be spent on him rather than Freeman, IMO.  Then draft DQ's replacement and if the draft pick doesn't start by mid-year, he'll at least be a backup along with AJax. 

Macphee and the 2nd/3rd round pick will improve the LB core without spending much more than the incremental difference in salary between Macphee and Freeman. 

Next year: Macphee, DQ, 2nd rounder, and AJax; .....compared to this year: Freeman, DQ, McNary, and whoever it was.  Much better lineup, IMO.

Let go of Nicks and Wayne, and we sign Jeremy Maclin to a 3 year deal.

Dan Williams of Arizona Cardinals and Brandon Graham of the Philadelphia Eagles could be very good acquisitions for us, IMO.

If we let Dqwell Jackson and Laron Landry go, I'd like us to go after David Harris and Dawan Landry of New York Jets for the ILB and SS position.

Just those moves and re-signing some of our own players will bolster our D a lot, IMO.

If we're going WR I still say Eddie Royal.  Not as explosive but doesn't have Maclin's injury history.  Won't cost that much either because he's never been regarded as a "star"