Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: D'Qwell Jackson arrested

Exodus

I hope the people complaining about lack of discipline aren't the same ones who complain about how when guys mess up, we're so quick to release them. Now you see why, and it still doesn't work.

I wish the FO was more diligent in cutting guys who are just as bad on the field as they are off of it. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tired of professional athletes acting this way.  I'm tired of the media and fans saying things like "everyone makes mistakes".  Sure I've made mistakes, but I've never done drugs, I've never punched anyone in the face, I've never sexually assaulted anyone.  Between all the cheating, screwing over of the fans, athletes acting like *, I'm about done with it all.    

Breaking Down Colts Contract Structures:

http://coltsauthority.com/2014-articles/breaking-down-the-colts-free-agent-contract-structures.html

D'Qwell Jackson

$22 million over four years, $11 million guaranteed (2014 base salary, $1 million signing bonus, 2015 roster bonus and base salary)

The 2015 base guarantees on the fifth league day of 2015 (which likely will begin in late February), while the roster bonus guarantees in March of 2015. By making that a roster bonus and not a signing bonus, the Colts essentially made it a one-year, $4.75 million deal with a potential three-year extension. If they cut Jackson by early February next season, they'll only have $750k dead money. 

i keep saying the one thing I don't like about Pagano is that his guys are a little too undisciplined. The days that Colts fans could play the holier than thou because our team is such class is over. That started and ended with Dungy. With that said they are no different than most teams in the league where guys will do something stupid now and then and have a bad apple or two.

So much for "Horse Shoe" guys, huh?  Guess that went out the window when the owner got arrested for DUI.  So with that said...let's go get Suh! 

Am I the only one who just doesn't think that this is that big of deal?? Who knows the real circumstances and what the pizza guy did to aggravate the situation ... I am pretty sure Jackson did not just get of his car and walk over and hit the pizza guy with no instigation.

http://coltsauthority.com/2014-articles/breaking-down-the-colts-free-agent-contract-structures.html

D'Qwell Jackson

$22 million over four years, $11 million guaranteed (2014 base salary, $1 million signing bonus, 2015 roster bonus and base salary)

The 2015 base guarantees on the fifth league day of 2015 (which likely will begin in late February), while the roster bonus guarantees in March of 2015. By making that a roster bonus and not a signing bonus, the Colts essentially made it a one-year, $4.75 million deal with a potential three-year extension. If they cut Jackson by early February next season, they'll only have $750k dead money. 

This has been reported several different ways by different people. Most outlets say that the roster bonus is guaranteed as of March 2014. I think it makes more sense that the roster bonus would be guaranteed in March 2015, and some outlets say that it's the fifth day of the league year, with their dates coinciding with LY 2015, not LY 2014.

So, there's conflicting information. I'm not sure it matters. I don't think the team is going to cut him either way, unless this arrest story gets really ugly. But it would be nice to know that they didn't guarantee a roster bonus in a year in which the roster bonus is not due to be paid. That would be silly, and entirely contrary to the very idea of a roster bonus in the first place. 

D'Qwell Jackson

Also from that article, all of the contracts the Colts did in 2014 feature reduced cap hits in 2016, just in time for the 2012 draft class to get a big pay increase. Further evidence that they've been thinking about the future for a long time.

I tell ya what....I hate getting short changed my extra cheese to! When I say I want extra cheese I want EXTRA cheese damn it

"You have forgot my dipping sauce for the last time, sir. I'm sorry to inform you that it must come to fisticuffs."