Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sherman is so classless

RockThatBlue

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class does not exist in a game centered around violence. Keep that in mind. 

I agree. Both Luck and Sherman are GREAT people off the field, but in a VIOLENT SPORT, people will see different personalities, some more vocal than others.

That's how you get N'Domican Suh; engineering degree graduate, great philanthropist, but CRAZY MEAN STREAK BAD * on the football field.

Did you see what Sherman did after the game? After seeing this, you might change your mind a bit:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richard-sherman--tom-brady-combine-for-the-defining-photo-of-super-bowl-xlix-040118313.html

Pretty cool. Still, him showing up Revis was just ridiculous. But love those photos of him shaking Brady's hand.

Thats the thing about Sherman that makes him so unlikable.. He shows he's the best CB in the game every Sunday and everyone knows how good he is, but he's so arrogant and has such a huge ego & cocky attitude when he doesn't need to.

Can you imagine how Sherman would have behaved if he were in Butler's shoes? Talk about polar opposite personalities.. Butler was overcome with emotion, joy and humility after making one of the most incredible and unforgettable plays in SB history to win the game, and was embraced by his teammates on the sideline in what was pure joy and happiness for one another..... Sherman would have been running for the nearest camera saying how he's the best CB in the league and would have belittled and taunted whichever WR he was covering in the play.

So happy for Butler, what an unbelievable moment for that kid that will be remembered and talked about for the next 50+ years

Did you see what Sherman did after the game? After seeing this, you might change your mind a bit:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richard-sherman--tom-brady-combine-for-the-defining-photo-of-super-bowl-xlix-040118313.html

Well, if you say as many offensive things to a person and then don't bother to even cap it off with a "no offense", and then turn around and do a few good things, does that mean the person on the other side has to ignore all the crap you dished out to acknowledge those few good things?

I don't think so. Sherman is not all bad, but that is not the true point. It is the point that he has to rub it in everyone's face how good he is even if people know how good he is, and one up every other CB in his profession via twitter or other means every chance he gets. That is as juvenile as it gets to me.

I try to remind myself...

Sherman is one of those guys who, if he's on your team, you love him, and if he's not, you probably don't. There's not a lot of gray area there. It got under my skin when he called out Revis (some choice words were said to my TV) but seeing this morning what he did at the end of the game, especially with the melee that broke out on the previous play, well... respect. 

He's a smart guy and will be around for a long, long time to come. 

Football is entertainment. He is playing the heel...no more than that. There has to be the white hat and the black hat...no phun intended. Last night the classy guy came out on top.

Off the field I'm sure he is a great person. Seems very intelligent....I think he would get farther by being that guy on the field but maybe I'm wrong. Just makes me respect the Charles Tillmans that much more.

I refused to watch the Super Bowl.  First one I've missed since I was a kid.  Patriots cheat and are classless just like Pete Carroll at USC and Richard Sherman now.  I have absolutely no respect for their franchises and Goodell.  They promote no bullying/violence and integrity on TV commercials but not in real life!  Sorry, that's being a hypocrit.  Perhaps I overreact about certain things, but I'm not gonna sit here and be quiet, because the whole world should be reminded about their negatives, if the media wants to praise and be positive about either franchise!

I refused to watch the Super Bowl.  First one I've missed since I was a kid.  Patriots cheat and are classless just like Pete Carroll at USC and Richard Sherman now.  I have absolutely no respect for their franchises and Goodell.  They promote no bullying/violence and integrity on TV commercials but not in real life!  Sorry, that's being a hypocrit.  Perhaps I overreact about certain things, but I'm not gonna sit here and be quiet, because the whole world should be reminded about their negatives, if the media wants to praise and be positive about either franchise!

That's too bad, you missed a classic game that will go down as a top 3 SB of all time!

It's worth pointing out that his income depends in part on the perception of who is the best CB in the league.  Not just his football income but also income from marketing opportunities. 

Doesn't bother me that much.

I did fall asleep for a few minutes in the game but aren't we talking about Sherman cheering when his team scored??? That's openly calling out another player on national television?

He made 24 with his hands to point out that they had just scored on Revis.

His reaction to revis getting burned was pathetic. I wanted Seattle to win but he looked like a clown during that.

Its hard to believe he and Luck were once teammates, they are two totally different people.

He carries himself with a cocky swagger..as long as he keeps backing up his talk I see no problem with it. Nothing wrong with a confident player. Not everyone is the same.

It's worth pointing out that his income depends in part on the perception of who is the best CB in the league.  Not just his football income but also income from marketing opportunities. 

Doesn't bother me that much.

He made 24 with his hands to point out that they had just scored on Revis.

Yeah...reaching

That's too bad, you missed a classic game that will go down as a top 3 SB of all time!

You really think so? That super bowl will always go down as the one the Seahawks gave away with the dumbest call in super bowl history.. You being a Patriots fan is not going to change the perception of that.

You really think so? That super bowl will always go down as the one the Seahawks gave away with the dumbest call in super bowl history.. You being a Patriots fan is not going to change the perception of that.

There are plenty of people talking about how this was an amazing Super Bowl.. it had people on the edge of their seats for 4 straight quarters, all the way until the final seconds ticked off the click.

I could care less what other people's perception or opinions are, the Patriots took that game from the Seahawks and EARNED that Super Bowl.

That's fair.....good for you for standing on your principles. 

I've lost quite a bit of excitement for the sport and fully expect a wrist slap and a white-washing of the recent Deflate-gate matter.....whether is was cheating, flawed procedures or referee incompetence.....and will drive me even further towards the exit.

The continual off-field thuggery is disturbing enough....but not being able to trust what I see on the field would be the final straw.

At that point....it's Air Force, Navy and Army football only for me....and Roger Goodell and the NFL owners can go :cuss:themselves.

There are plenty of people talking about how this was an amazing Super Bowl.. it had people on the edge of their seats for 4 straight quarters, all the way until the final seconds ticked off the click.

I could care less what other people's perception or opinions are, the Patriots took that game from the Seahawks and EARNED that Super Bowl.

If you really believe that that's OK. As a Patriots fan you wouldn't see it any other way. It's funny you needed to put earned in capital letters why? Could it be deep down inside your not too sure about it? Besides since when does the Patriots or their fans care about what is thought of them? That's been obvious for a long time.  Facts are the Patriots won the super bowl. Another fact is the Seahawks didn't want another ring by calling maybe the dumbest call in super bowl history. It is what it is.

If you really believe that that's OK. As a Patriots fan you wouldn't see it any other way. It's funny you needed to put earned in capital letters why? Could it be deep down inside your not too sure about it? Besides since when does the Patriots or their fans care about what is thought of them? That's been obvious for a long time.  Facts are the Patriots won the super bowl. Another fact is the Seahawks didn't want another ring by calling maybe the dumbest call in super bowl history. It is what it is.

I'm very sure about it, I just watched the entire game less than 24 hours ago.  It was an exceptional game that went back and forth between two heavy weights, and the Patriots had the final knockout blow.

If you want to summarize that entire game over 1 play with less than 30 seconds left that is your right to do so, but there was 60 minutes of slugging each other in the face and the better team won.

I'm very sure about it, I just watched the entire game less than 24 hours ago.  It was an exceptional game that went back and forth between two heavy weights, and the Patriots had the final knockout blow.

If you want to summarize that entire game over 1 play with less than 30 seconds left that is your right to do so, but there was 60 minutes of slugging each other in the face and the better team won.

Just keep telling yourself that. That one play cost the Seahawks the win. So yes, it does come down to that one play. 2nd down on the one. A timeout on the board. Lynch and Wilson in the backfield who had already ran for 141 yards between them. If you, yourself didn't think the Seahawks were going to win that game with the facts already mentioned you are lying to yourself.

Well class....momma's wrong again....

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls

Your team cheated to get into the SB then your team was literally gift wrapped a superbowl win with the worst call in the history of any sport at any level. You can definitely be happy and proud of it but by no means did your team "EARN" it.

Well class....momma's wrong again....

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls

Your team cheated to get into the SB then your team was literally gift wrapped a superbowl win with the worst call in the history of any sport at any level. You can definitely be happy and proud of it but by no means did your team "EARN" it.

lol whatever you say, you won't succeed in ruining the enjoyment I have from the Patriots becoming Super Bowl champions again for the 4th time.

Believe whatever you want to believe, the Lombardi is back in Foxboro where it belongs.

Just keep telling yourself that. That one play cost the Seahawks the win. So yes, it does come down to that one play. 2nd down on the one. A timeout on the board. Lynch and Wilson in the backfield who had already ran for 141 yards between them. If you, yourself didn't think the Seahawks were going to win that game with the facts already mentioned you are lying to yourself.

7 up I thought we win.....tied up I still thought we win... then I didn'tt...then I did....... then I didn't.......then we did.

That's why they play 60 minutes. It ALL counts.

lol whatever you say, you won't succeed in ruining the enjoyment I have from the Patriots becoming Super Bowl champions again for the 4th time.

Believe whatever you want to believe, the Lombardi is back in Foxboro where it belongs.

I obviously won't ruin your enjoyment, you won the superbowl. The rest of the country knows it's their 4th asterisk. Seriously when Brady goes into the HoF he better thank the tuck rule, vinateiri, video tapes, lee evans, billy cundiff, his equipment manager, and russel wilson/pete carroll in that order.