Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Crazy stat: Since 2012, the Colts have allowed 40+ points in 10 games. 3 more than the next worse.

Dustin

I've said in another thread that the Colts are good because we have Andrew Luck.

If the Titans had Luck, they would be in the playoffs every year and the Colts would be in a complete rebuild choosing at the top of the draft every year, looking for a QB.

Andrew Luck is the king of the AFC South regardless of which team he would play on. Imagine if he ended up in Houston? We are not a good TEAM, we are a team with a special player.

In the Grigson/Pagano era, the Colts have allowed 40+ points in 19% of their games. 

To put it in persepctive, we had 9 games like that in 227 games during Manning's career here (4%). Polian knocked it out of the park with the 1st rounders drafted back then aside from Peyton (Edgerrin, Freeney, Wayne, Clark) whereas Grigson followed up with Werner and Richardson.

That's the Draft priorities sorted then....

You would think so, but then again we NEED a RB in the first round.  I really hope we go Linebacker/DT in the first round, if we go offensive besides o-line before the 3rd round(but even the 4th) I won't be happy. 

I'm sorry, but this team isn't close to anything. Outside of facing an injured Manning, they were terrible against top competition all season. 

But, as it was with Manning, Luck will keep everyone employed, keep everyone believing this is a near championship caliber team. 

It's embarrassing to lose that way, the coaching staff has to do a better job of getting the players prepared. It also means that we just don't have the talent to compete. Trading for Richardson and drafting Werner, Thornton has really hurt this team. We have to draft better if we're going to have any chance at being consistent.

You would think so, but then again we NEED a RB in the first round. I really hope we go Linebacker/DT in the first round, if we go offensive besides o-line before the 3rd round(but even the 4th) I won't be happy.

Please help me understand why we need a RB in the first round. Yeah, we need a RB, but why would you spend a first on one?

If we draft a RB in the first, I'm immediately off the Grigson Express.

Please help me understand why we need a RB in the first round. Yeah, we need a RB, but why would you spend a first on one?

If we draft a RB in the first, I'm immediately off the Grigson Express.

Sorry didn't come across on the internet, it was extreme sarcasm.  I will be very upset if they draft a RB as well in the first round.  It was knock both on people wanting to go RB in the first round and having failed with drafting RBs in the first round in recent years. 

Sorry didn't come across on the internet, it was extreme sarcasm.  I will be very upset if they draft a RB as well in the first round.  It was knock both on people wanting to go RB in the first round and having failed with drafting RBs in the first round in recent years. 

I could have read your post more carefully, then I probably would have picked up on it.

My bad.

I'm curious to see how we did the games before the blowout losses. I remember seeing some posts that suggested the team felt complacent and that led to the blowout.  Before the Pats game this year (42-20 loss), we had just dominated the Giants.  Just before the Steelers game (51-34 loss), we shut out the Bengals and were on a 5 game winning streak.  Before the Cowboys game, we were on a 4 game winning streak.  We had just come off a victory over the Texans that, if I recall correctly, clinched the division for us.  Perhaps the coaching staff gets complacent and doesn't take the strong teams as seriously as they should?

I'm curious to see how we did the games before the blowout losses. I remember seeing some posts that suggested the team felt complacent and that led to the blowout.  Before the Pats game this year (42-20 loss), we had just dominated the Giants.  Just before the Steelers game (51-34 loss), we shut out the Bengals and were on a 5 game winning streak.  Before the Cowboys game, we were on a 4 game winning streak.  We had just come off a victory over the Texans that, if I recall correctly, clinched the division for us.  Perhaps the coaching staff gets complacent and doesn't take the strong teams as seriously as they should?

That could be regarding the first three games you mentioned. I don't think it has anything to do with the Cowboys game. I don't think they really cared about the outcome of that game.

Actually there is a trend going on here...

Arizona, St Louis, Cincy in 13..   BLOWOUTS...     Ya Indy beat SF, Denver, and Seattle that year also...     BUT still gave up a lot of points to all but SF...

This season.. every GOOD team Indy played with the exception of Balt ...  INDY got DRILLED.

It was the exact opposite in 2013. Don't be so quick to declare that something is a trend.

Actually there is a trend going on here...

Arizona, St Louis, Cincy in 13..   BLOWOUTS...     Ya Indy beat SF, Denver, and Seattle that year also...     BUT still gave up a lot of points to all but SF...

This season.. every GOOD team Indy played with the exception of Balt ...  INDY got DRILLED.

I don't see a trend. It's like figuring out which word you're going to put in caps lock.

That could be regarding the first three games you mentioned. I don't think it has anything to do with the Cowboys game. I don't think they really cared about the outcome of that game.

I'm not sure.  I do remember everything going wrong in that game though.  Seeing McAfee aim for the jumbotron and little things like that do make you wonder how much they cared.  I don't want to question the integrity of the players or coaches, but they could have been distracted or just didn't care; I'm not sure

I'm not sure.  I do remember everything going wrong in that game though.  Seeing McAfee aim for the jumbotron and little things like that do make you wonder how much they cared.  I don't want to question the integrity of the players or coaches, but they could have been distracted or just didn't care; I'm not sure

The offensive gameplan seemed like a first half preseason gameplan. That's after rewatching it a few times. And the defense seemed unfocused on the back end. Then we pulled Luck and some other guys for the second half. We had clinched, we really had only a small chance at getting the 3rd seed, it was all pretty irrelevant in terms of standings.

There's a couple of reasons for this. When you play a more aggressive defense you are more prone to having this happen. When we played the Tampa 2 with Dungy we kept the ball in front of us and it actually took time for the other team to score. Now when we have a bad defensive game, the other team can score within seconds. Couple that with the fact that some of the games where we gave up that many points the offense couldn't do anything or sustain a drive which leaves the defense out there. Andrew Luck being in Mark Sanchez's level with turnovers doesn't help the cause either.

I'm sorry, but this team isn't close to anything. Outside of facing an injured Manning, they were terrible against top competition all season. 

But, as it was with Manning, Luck will keep everyone employed, keep everyone believing this is a near championship caliber team. 

YES YES YES....without Luck this is a 5-11 squad. Colts were pitiful vs the top tier teams this season but making it this far ( minus a Bengals team who had no AJ Green or starting TE and vs a beat up manning) only gives ownership the false hope that this team is close and it's really not

It is so annoying when people say the Colts dont beat good teams.

They are 1-0 vs Green Bay, 1-0 vs Seattle, 1-0 vs San Fran, 5-1 vs Houston (were good), 3-0 vs Chiefs, 2-1 vs Broncos. 2-1 vs Bengals, 1-1 vs Ravens.  All were playoff teams in the last three seasons.  

They have been owned by the Pats but so has pretty much everyone since 2001.  

It is so annoying when people say the Colts dont beat good teams.

They are 1-0 vs Green Bay, 1-0 vs Seattle, 1-0 vs San Fran, 5-1 vs Houston (were good), 3-0 vs Chiefs, 2-1 vs Broncos. 2-1 vs Bengals, 1-1 vs Ravens. All were playoff teams in the last three seasons.

They have been owned by the Pats but so has pretty much everyone since 2001.

The colts were awful against the best teams they played this year and there's no disputing that. The only good team they beat was Baltimore, and that was a home game before they got rolling. Denver doesn't count because Manning was hurt.