Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To all the Complainers...

COLTSFAN12to13

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you're not a fan of the 28 teams that placed worse than the Indianapolis Colts this season. 

Perspective, guys... 

No offense to you but how many years do we Colts fans have to have someone like you post this nonsense after we get the snot beat out of us? I for one am sick of this garbage and to me their is no more "awe well it could be worse guys".. I  have had it

What is so maddening about this organization is we have had the hardest pieces to find - the freakishly talented QBs and pass rushers.  The all pro/hall of fame WRs.  Yet, we cannot build reasonably balanced teams around them.  For practically every other organization, it's just the opposite.  The Texans, Jets and Bills, think, god, if we just had the QB.  If you put Luck on the Texans, Bills, Chiefs, etc., etc., etc.,  they might win the Super Bowl next year.  Other teams think, god, if we just had Freeney and Mathis, it would push our defense over the top.  If we had Harrison, Wayne or Hilton, for our offense, they would be game changers.

I would like people to think back to the low point of 2011 the beat down by the Saints. If I told you right then that they were going to release Peyton Manning there was no way around it but the next three years they would make the playoffs win two divison titles, three playoff games and be in the AFC championship in year three how much I would have been laughed at for saying it, or if it was offered to you how quickly you would have signed up for it.

Tonight stings. There is no doubt about that and clearly something has to change because if we want to take the next step at some point you have to beat New England and right now we can't even make a game out of it let a lone beat them but let's not toss the baby out with the bath water and lose sight how far this team has come and frankly they have come further in three years than even the biggest homer of Colts fans thought they could come three years ago.

That was not a beat down by NO, Im sorry but it was a much closer game than the score suggests.

Which brings up the point, I don't want to be a team carried to the playoffs by a couple great players, but rarely strong enough to make a real push ... see the Manning years. 

Exactly,  thats why I get mad when they say Manning chokes.  It takes a team to win.  He's the only QB I know that when his team loses, he has to take credit for the loss.  He didnt blow that coverage against Baltimore 2 years ago but everyone adds that game on to one of his 1 and done stats.

And, over the past 17 years, there are two reasons we are not those teams - we lucked into two once in a generation QBs. Unfortunately, to save our lives, we cannot build any sort of reasonably balanced teams around them.  We wasted Manning's career - on our way to wasting Luck's.  It's a good thing I am a selfish Colts fan, because if I were only thinking of their well being, I would be wishing they had been drafted by other teams. 

The coaching is huge.  Im convinced if Peyton had played for Billiceck he would have 5 SB rings.  Terrible coaching has been Peytons achillis heal

But to their credit they took away our passing game for the most part. Ninkovich always plays well against us and is a game wrecker.

They knew we couldn't run on them and they got pressure on Luck by exploiting our RT

We're getting there! We need to shore up a couple positions and I feel we're golden

If Reitz is getting beat on a consistent basis, why would we not give him help? Even a TE chipping him would help before they go out for a pass. Or try rolling plays away from Ninkovich? 

Is Pep allergic to calling slants? 

When Revis went out, why did we not try to test his replacement immediately?? 

Browner is not that good in pass coverage, and a holding machine. Why did we not try to exploit him consistently? 

Since we had (I think) 2 WR catches the entire first half, why didn't we use Fleener and Allen more? Or even 3 TE sets? 

Why were our coaches not keying in on these things? 

If Reitz is getting beat on a consistent basis, why would we not give him help? Even a TE chipping him would help before they go out for a pass. Or try rolling plays away from Ninkovich? 

When Revis went out, why did we not try to test his replacement immediately?? 

I was screaming this at the television.

It's almost easier being the fan of a bad team ( Like my Buffalo Sabers) because the year just ends.

When you have a good team the odds are that the season is going to end in a huge disappointment.

Right now all the teams who didn't make the playoffs are scrambling to make the changes they need.

Meanwhile the fans of the Colts, Cowboys, Packers, Ravens etc.  are  in a frenzy because they were exposed as not being good enough. Next week fans in NE or Seattle are going to be calling for some ones head as well.

So what's my point?  Not sure............. But,, there are only so many elite coaches and players to go around.  We need upgrades in a lot of places, as do most teams, and our coaches need to be better.

But most of the improvement is going to come internally.

What I would like to do is find one "difference maker". Someone besides Luck and possibley Vonte, who the other team really needs to account for, I don't feel that we have that at the moment which makes us a fairly easy team to scheme for. Who that is, I don't know.

What I would like to do is find one "difference maker". Someone besides Luck and possibley Vonte, who the other team really needs to account for, I don't feel that we have that at the moment which makes us a fairly easy team to scheme for. Who that is, I don't know.

Yes, let's be honest about this.  Outside of T.Y., the Pats might be better than the Colts at every position on the field.  Yes, I think they are.  Even with Vontae, they trump us with Revis.  Plus, they have the experience.  But we haven't even gotten to the main problem yet - their coaching is in a different galaxy. 

In the near future, our only hope of beating them is to play some sort of crazy game.  Go up tempo, no huddle for 4 quarters.  Let Luck improvise.  Try to get a lead.  Try to turn it into a shootout.  If the game is any sort of a chess match - a battle of talent, experience and, most importantly, coaching, forget it. 

If Peyton was capable of throwing past 10yrds, we lose last wk. This is not a legitimate afccg team.

How many blowouts have there been undder Pagano?

Too many.  I think that this is a very disturbing trend.  The Colts just looked unprepared - dropped passes, muffed punts, missed tackles, over pursuing and bad angles on defense.  I don't like how when its bad, they look like the worst team in the league and get destroyed

Sure but there is a progression especially when you have a good FO like the Ravens and Colts. And both are young teams. I agree you take your chances when you have them  but you can't win every year.

In terms of the Pats, I am happy right now they got to the Super Bowl. They were the best team in the AFC from mid-season on. I would have been upset if they did not make the SB. That being said, I will not feel it is a failure if they lose to Seattle. They will be underdogs and will have to play the game of their lives to win much like 2001 vs the Rams. I think they can, but I will be fine if they lose. Season is already a success especially given how bad things looked the first month of the season.

Pats won't be more than a 1 point underdog and could even be the favorite .

I'm very proud of this Colts team for making it too the AFCC game. But the road was paved with a lot of luck.

Obviously our strength in schedule wasn't the best. I know teams have injuries it's all part of the game but boy did it help us along the way for a change especially in the playoffs beating a very depleted Bengals team. And a (torn quad) horrible Manning in Denver.

Duriing the regular season we beat up on our sorry division and got embarrassed by the good teams we played Dallas, Pitt, and NE. We also lose at home against Philly and away against Denver.

The only good team we beat in the regular season was Baltimore. I know we beat Cincinnati easily and that was the best game we played all year. But again without Green they are not good. We played well against the NYG but they are mediocre at best.

Pats won't be more than a 1 point underdog and could even be the favorite .

I think they end up 2 and a half point dogs. Don't think Vegas will put a lot of stock in them looking great against the Colts. Now, IF the secondary for the Hawks is really injured - Sherman and the safety  - then the line will swing toward Pats.

I think they end up 2 and a half point dogs. Don't think Vegas will put a lot of stock in them looking great against the Colts. Now, IF the secondary for the Hawks is really injured - Sherman and the safety  - then the line will swing toward Pats.

I can't imagine why the Seahawks would be favored .. we'll see.

This is what I haven't understood about playing the Pats the last few years. Not so much that they have put up points on our sorry D which lacks talent, but that our offense just cannot move the ball. Sure, it was a monsoon yesterday, but you didn't see the Pats struggling to score (understatement of the year). That Pats D is nothing special, but they have continually made the Colts offense look silly the last few years. The fact that no receivers were open last night sounds more like a schematic problem vs. the Pats than it does talent to me, because we know that between Hilton and our TEs there is considerable talent. The offense needs to diversify and needs a lot of new wrinkles to deal with NE it would appear. They have the O's number.

Good point! The Pats used the same defensive approach to cover our receivers in week 11, yet we made no creative adjustment for this game or even at half time. No TY in the slot. No TY in motion. No anything to keep the Pats from doing what they wanted to do. Certainly, Pep let the team down.

Meanwhile the fans of the Colts, Cowboys, Packers, Ravens etc.  are  in a frenzy because they were exposed as not being good enough.

I agree with your post but will nit pick the first paragraph. I think the Cowboys, Packers, and Ravens are all good enough...they just didn't win. I don't think the Colts are good enough. They would lose to the Pats 9 out of 10 times, and if Manning was healthy, would lose to Denver 7 out of 10.

Which leads to the second paragraph (which maybe belongs in the NFL Draft section). Yes, a playmaker, especially on offense. Going back years, I can't think of one player on offense the Colts have had that defenses are concerned will score a touchdown whenever he has the ball, wherever on the field. The last guys that I can think of are a young Edgerrin James, and even Terrance Wilkins, back in the day. Marvin Harrison was a threat, but that was beating the D over the top. He was no threat to score on 10 yard slants, and nobody else has been a threat to score on slants or handoffs for over a decade.

Part of it is fans get spoiled. I mean you guys have a 15 + year franchise QB who reached the AFCCG in his 3rd season. That's incredible. 

We do get spoiled ..... but I don't want to waste having a great QB with no O-Line and no defense. So tired of not being able to stop the run. So many years with Manning wasted away with no defense. Peyton should have more than 1 SB ring.

No offense to you but how many years do we Colts fans have to have someone like you post this nonsense after we get the snot beat out of us? I for one am sick of this garbage and to me their is no more "awe well it could be worse guys".. I have had it

No offense to you, but there is a built-in solution for anyone so frustrated with being a Colts fan: go root for someone else. Just be sure to realize there is only one club that has been as consistent and has won more big games, so your only real answer is the Pats.

I love my Colts. I stuck with them through all the lousy seasons here in Indy in the 80's and 90's. I desperately want them to win, all the time, and want to puke when they lose (especially to the Pats). I think I will stick it out, though, despite how terrible the team is.

The Pats have been drafting toward the bottom of each round for roughly the last 12-14 years and somehow they've managed to stay among the league's best teams.

Well run franchise's find a way to acquire the talent they need.

That's all due in part to Kraft and Belichick's genius. They often trade away first round picks and stockpile second and third rounders, where the players are typically just as good, but the cost is drastically lower than first round talent. I see some of that in Grigson from time to time. His 2nd and 3rd round picks have been very good, IMO.

No offense to you, but there is a built-in solution for anyone so frustrated with being a Colts fan: go root for someone else. Just be sure to realize there is only one club that has been as consistent and has won more big games, so your only real answer is the Pats.

I love my Colts. I stuck with them through all the lousy seasons here in Indy in the 80's and 90's. I desperately want them to win, all the time, and want to puke when they lose (especially to the Pats). I think I will stick it out, though, despite how terrible the team is.

I live in CT but my dad's side is Colts fans dating back to my great grandpa living in Baltimore and knowing Gino Marchetti. That being said, as much as I love the Colts and hate the Pats, I might let my girlfriend raise our kids Giants fans when the time comes...

That's all due in part to Kraft and Belichick's genius. They often trade away first round picks and stockpile second and third rounders, where the players are typically just as good, but the cost is drastically lower than first round talent. I see some of that in Grigson from time to time. His 2nd and 3rd round picks have been very good, IMO.

Grigson gets crap for Werner and Richardson but look at all the guys from 2012, look at Mewhort, Moncrief, and Newsome this year (Jackson also helped out) vs a team like the Jets w 12 picks and most of them not on the roster halfway through the season. I read somewhere that the drop in potential from the 1st to 2nd pick, then down to the 3rd, all the way down to middle of the first round is so wide, it makes sense the Pats crush their drafts. Seriously there isn't much difference in 3rd and 4th rounders anyway. The only difference = they actually can get them to produce and make them look like superstars due to spectacular scouting on picking great players and great coaching on developing them.

I'm not angry at all, but a realist . Like the Colts we got farther than I thought, but once you are in the playoffs, you have to get it done when you have the chance. Each year and team is different, so you can't assume you will be back in the same position next year based on some kind of progression. We all know it can be one and done for any of us any year . Would you be happy going to the SB and losing ? I think I know the answer and it would be a failure. That's all I'm saying.

This is very true. 

Just be thankful it happened only once. Some fan bases have to endure it on a weekly basis, then just to make it worse, their franchise will select a RG3 or Jameis Winston or Blaine Gabbert just to insure that said bending over will continue for the foreseeable future.

Winston isn't even in the NFL yet. Can you see into the future now and know he won't succeed?

Seems like we say that every year, then the same thing happens again.

Uhhhh?

He said "They will learn from this and get better". 

We have advanced 1 step further each year (Luck era). By that metric, we have in fact gotten better each year. We went into Mile High and beat the Broncos in a second round playoff game. That's progress. 

I live in CT but my dad's side is Colts fans dating back to my great grandpa living in Baltimore and knowing Gino Marchetti. That being said, as much as I love the Colts and hate the Pats, I might let my girlfriend raise our kids Giants fans when the time comes...

Well, that ought to be much less frustrating because they win so many more games...

Oh wait...

In the last 20 years, we have been to the playoffs 16 times.....with one ring. And that one time was against the Bears during a typhoon. 2006 really appears to be an anomaly to me.

Each year we end up saying we need to tweek this or that and we will win it all next year. But we haven't proven we can do that.

We aren't a threat in the league. No one is afraid of us and I doubt most of them respect us (lip service given if we win).

I'm proud of the Colts making it to the AFC Championship game. I could also be alright with the loss. What I'm not alright with is that the Colts constantly lose to the Pats. It's like they're under hypnosis. I'm not taking into account any former rivalry (Manning years). I'm talking about Luck years. It's interesting to hear the opinion of anyone who makes decisions in the organization. What do they think it will take to actually beat powerhouse teams? I heard Ricky Jean saying they need to pay more attention to details. I thought all details should have been brought to the teams attention prior to the game. What makes me want to pull my hair out is the pregame locker talks here on Colts.com where they talk about how they've dotted all of the i's and crossed all the t's. How they know what the Patriots have been doing to them and how they had a great week of preparation but in the game look totally unprepared. If the Colts would have been competitive I don't think as many people would be complaining. 

On a side note... While Steeler fans keep running their big mouths about 6 rings, the 49ers, the Pats, the Cowboys all reflecting on their team legacy, not one fan on earth of any team is saying "hey do you remember that fantastic year the Colts got 4th place?"

Well, that ought to be much less frustrating because they win so many more games...

Oh wait...

They win more superbowls and wouldn't be a lone fan out here, I would do my best but it's not just up to me. Plus who knows what happens years from now. I don't want my kid to be the little ahole with the "6 Years I've been Alive, 6 Superbowls Tom Brady has played in" sign. I wish nothing but bad things for that kid.