Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Props to the Defense,

tfunky14

Really good defense. Some sloppy run fits and weak tackling at times, but overall, a really good game. Texans didn't have their veteran receiver (Hopkins is more dangerous than AJ, but still), and they had a bad-to-worse QB situation, but the defense still did their job and really carried the team for most of the game. Two thumbs up.

Hats off to them, they deserved it! They carved this win.

I wonder why our O is so sloppy recently? Are they out of fuel? Luck had to do a lot by himself during this season.

Luck has half the turnovers over this past month, including two pick-sixes. He's absolutely our best and most important player, and he has been the difference in most of our games, but he's not without fault.

I'm glad the team is finding ways to win even when not playing their best football, at home and away. But I'd like to see a clean performance for a change, especially by the offense.

Posted · Hidden by Blackhawk4, December 15, 2014 - Inappropriate
Hidden by Blackhawk4, December 15, 2014 - Inappropriate

Great defense. Really did a great job stopping our blistering offensive attack featuring a third string QB, dropped handoffs, and a couple of big missed calls. Practice biting the pillow Indy because Brady's going in dry.

I think Houston offense had a lot to do with our defense stopping them. Savage is green and was not much of a threat to Colts once Fitzpatrick was injured.. Foster had good game and he was largely  Texans offense. Colt offense had a hard time finding a rhythm. Last drive that Colts had to put up FG was about the extent of the Colts offense in 2nd half. In terms of performance: Nicks made a few good plays. TRichardson had a few runs where he put decent yardage. He also made a nice catch and run for 16 yards. Boom looked good on last key drive. Werner put up a good game. Luck was off most of the game although a few of his misses could have easily been yellow flags against Texans.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, December 15, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, December 15, 2014 - response to hidden post

Great defense. Really did a great job stopping our blistering offensive attack featuring a third string QB, dropped handoffs, and a couple of big missed calls. Practice biting the pillow Indy because Brady's going in dry.

Awww Dont worry. Someday your team will have a real QB too. Don't be all butthurt because you don't have a HOF QB like Brady to....as you say...go in dry..........

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, December 15, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, December 15, 2014 - response to hidden post

This guy... I like. :)

Didn't give up a TD the whole game..Great job D...

Defense has played great last 2 games, only reason Colts won.  Colts offense has scored the bulk of the points for the opposition , literally, the last 2 weeks.  Unless something changes dramatically they are set up fpr a New England or Pittsburgh style blowout loss next week vs Dallas.  Who would have thought the defense would have to carry Colts....  hope they fix it soon....

Hats off to them, they deserved it! They carved this win.

I wonder why our O is so sloppy recently? Are they out of fuel? Luck had to do a lot by himself during this season.

We've played 2 really good defenses the last two weeks. Expect a turnaround next week at Dallas.

I expect a good performance from the Defense next week as well.  We should be able to play good complimentary football. Offensively I think we'll be able to sustain some long clock eating drives against that defense, which should rest our D.  I think we can slow that Dallas running attack down enough, and we can shut down the passing game by doubling Dez, or Witten. Butler and Toler will take care of Beasley and Williams.

@MyColtsAccount: Worth noting another decent performance by D'Qwell. Over the past 4 weeks, he is PFF's 2nd-highest graded ILB, & has the best Run D grade.

@MyColtsAccount: Over the past 4 weeks, Jerrell Freeman has also been PFF's top-graded ILB in coverage (+6.9). ILB play is improving, in their proper roles.

@MyColtsAccount: Worth noting another decent performance by D'Qwell. Over the past 4 weeks, he is PFF's 2nd-highest graded ILB, & has the best Run D grade.

@MyColtsAccount: Over the past 4 weeks, Jerrell Freeman has also been PFF's top-graded ILB in coverage (+6.9). ILB play is improving, in their proper roles.

Freeman was bad in coverage against Washington. PFF gave him a +2.4. I don't know what they were watching.