Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So after giving up over 600 total yards

needanoline63

I don't think that we are giving the Steelers enough credit here. They played an incredible game on offense. They were nearly flawless and it was just "one of those days" where everything went wrong for us and everything went right for them. They played outstanding.

Let's not overreact. Every team has had a "stinker" here and there. We will be fine and Kudos to Grigson for not overreacting.

I don't think that we are giving the Steelers enough credit here. They played an incredible game on offense. They were nearly flawless and it was just "one of those days" where everything went wrong for us and everything went right for them. They played outstanding.

Let's not overreact. Every team has had a "stinker" here and there. We will be fine and Kudos to Grigson for not overreacting.

Well if you give any QB 5+ sec every drop back he is gonna burn you it wasn't only because we couldn't pass rush Ben with 4 man but when we blitz we just crashed on the OLine every play. They played good but 600yrds was most our fault. 

Well if you give any QB 5+ sec every drop back he is gonna burn you it wasn't only because we couldn't pass rush Ben with 4 man but when we blitz we just crashed on the OLine every play. They played good but 600yrds was most our fault. 

"It's never as bad as you thought and it's never as good as you thought"

I went back and watched the game several times already. On MOST plays, Ben got rid of the ball extremely fast. He knew exactly where he was going with the ball, and he was spot on accurate. Too accurate...abnormally accurate. He just had one of those days where he was in the zone. Good for him.  Only on a few plays did he really hold the ball for a long period of time. Watching the game, it just felt like forever.

We'll be fine. We got beat by a better team THAT day. They played outstanding, just like we did the week before against Cincy.

I went back and watched the game several times already. On MOST plays, Ben got rid of the ball extremely fast. He knew exactly where he was going with the ball, and he was spot on accurate. Too accurate...abnormally accurate. He just had one of those days where he was in the zone. Good for him.  Only on a few plays did he really hold the ball for a long period of time. Watching the game, it just felt like forever.

We'll be fine. We got beat by a better team THAT day. They played outstanding, just like we did the week before against Cincy.

Yep Ben got rid of the ball quickly but many play 3rd and long he got much time, and against Cincy was just the Defense on the Zone i hope the offense and the defense can get into the zone in the playoffs, the offense was in the zone against Texans in the first quarter.

Grigson couldn't find anyone to help out our defense?!? Wow

No.     This is not correct.

He couldn't find a trading partner for whom a deal would make sense for both sides.

That's completely different than couldn't find anyone.

Grigson might have found 10 guys that he liked.     But it doesn't mean the team was willing to trade that player at a price that Grigson was willing to pay.      it takes two.

Pagano is saying his team is currently banged up.    Let's see what happens when some of the bodies get healthy.

One other point......

There are 32 NFL teams.    As best I can see,  there were only 2 trades made.    3 teams involved.    Tampa Bay (twice)  NE and Stl.

So,  the fans of the other 29 teams are sitting at home saying the same thing.....

Wow...   the GM of my favorite team couldn't find a player to help.....

That's the way it is.....  trades don't happen very often in the NFL.

Honestly, trading for someone after one bad defensive game makes you look desperate.

Agree. The knee-jerk reactions are the worst to make.

I can see the concern if we're trending down, but one stinker of a game does not "expose our weaknesses" as some have said. It shows that we were beaten by a team that played better than we did that day.

Now, if the Giants roll up 40+ on us I'll be more concerned.

1. It was one game

2. If someone was available at a reasonable price and would be of use, Grigson would have probably made a move.  We can safely assume this given how aggressive Grigson has been in building this team

3. How do you know he did nothing to improve the defense?  It's very possible he inquired about trades, but no one wanted to trade a player Grigson wanted or they were asking for too much

I went back and watched the game several times already. On MOST plays, Ben got rid of the ball extremely fast. He knew exactly where he was going with the ball, and he was spot on accurate. Too accurate...abnormally accurate. He just had one of those days where he was in the zone. Good for him. Only on a few plays did he really hold the ball for a long period of time. Watching the game, it just felt like forever.

+1

Well said!

Grigson couldn't find anyone to help out our defense?!? Wow

The way people want the team run always boggles my mind. This knee jerk reaction to things is just simply not the way successful teams do things. They were bad on Sunday but to panic after all the good leading up to it is silly.

Yip, their style and Big Ben was a perfect match to attack us. They made our ILB`s look pathetic. Studebaker was Abused badly.

And no pass rush of course was a killer for our DB`s.