Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quarterly surprises & disappointments.

SubZero

Richardson was the 3rd overall pick, he rushed for 1,000+ yards with 11+ TDs his rookie season while partially injured, and he's had the best team of his 3 year career. He should be putting up number one running back numbers. I should not expect a player we used a 1st round pick on to keep the back up running back fresh.

You understand there are 11 players on offense right? Trent has looked better this year anyone who has watched the games can see that. His ypc typically goes down hill on a few plays he still gets first contact in the backfield about 15-20% of the time I would guess but rarely doesn't at least get back to the line.

Our O Line is young and improving and Trent will improve with it. Our OC doesn't do him a lot a favors at times IMO.

If you think he is ever going make a 3rd overall pick impact then you will be disappointed for his time in Indy. It was ridiculous to take him at 3rd overall unless the plan was to build the team around him. That means blocking schemes play calling etc that is not the case. 

We are building a team around the 1st overall pick Trent is a piece. He still needs to improve in my opinion but I think people need to get past the 3rd overall pick We were not the fools that made that move. Grig's traded a late first for him. Could we have done better in this years draft with that pick maybe look at Werner. It is hit or miss.  

We have played 4 games this year and he leads the team in yards from scrimmage. It isn't nearly as bad a you make it out to be. IMO it will continue to improve. Time will tell.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You understand there are 11 players on offense right? Trent has looked better this year anyone who has watched the games can see that. His ypc typically goes down hill on a few plays he still gets first contact in the backfield about 15-20% of the time I would guess but rarely doesn't at least get back to the line.

Our O Line is young and improving and Trent will improve with it. Our OC doesn't do him a lot a favors at times IMO.

If you think he is ever going make a 3rd overall pick impact then you will be disappointed for his time in Indy. It was ridiculous to take him at 3rd overall unless the plan was to build the team around him. That means blocking schemes play calling etc that is not the case.

We are building a team around the 1st overall pick Trent is a piece. He still needs to improve in my opinion but I think people need to get past the 3rd overall pick We were not the fools that made that move. Grig's traded a late first for him. Could we have done better in this years draft with that pick maybe look at Werner. It is hit or miss.

We have played 4 games this year and he leads the team in yards from scrimmage. It isn't nearly as bad a you make it out to be. IMO it will continue to improve. Time will tell.

You are making good points and I can see what you are talking about. I am not trying to say he is horrible or a piece of garbage he just has disappointed. If you take away the 3rd overall pick status he still is basically our 26th overall pick. He hasn't really lived up to that either.

My whole thing with Richardson is I feel like some people are lying to themselves in the fact that they aren't disappointed with his out put. I think he has improved and who knows maybe he could turn it up even more later this season. Who knows. But with what the most of the media, players, and fans expected he hasn't lived up to it. For people to say they are not disappointed for in him whatsoever for his out put in indy, either means they are lying or they really thought he wasn't that good.

I will say he has potential and i really am rooting for him to succeed! If he does play as hard as he has been and improves even more this season I will gladly eat my words and admit I was wrong.

I think the exact opposite is true.  First, yes Luck is throwing the ball more, but it's not at the expense of the running game.  They're both getting more opportunities because they've been dominating time of possession the past couple of weeks.  They still ran the ball 34 times against Philly, 25 times vs. Jax and 37 times against Tenn, and I'm not including runs by the QBs.  The running game is still definitely a big and important part of the offense, just like it should be.

Second, airing the ball out more and running less is what the Colts have done for the past decade.  How many SB trophies did that get them?  None..because the one SB win in '06 came when the Colts were able to have a successful running game that they stuck with throughout the playoffs.  

I think that had more to do with the watered down gameplans in the playoffs by the coaching staff and I hate to say it but Peyton seems to come up small in the postseason with poor play. Yes football is a team sport BUT when your BEST player is suspect in the playoffs well... One title for the goat (at ANY level) who by the way played subpar throughout that playoff run with the exception being the second half of the AFC championship game against the Pats. I think the RETURN of Bob Sanders and the defense stepping up against the one dimensional run oriented teams they faced (minus the Pats) in the playoffs that year had MORE to do with the title run. Despite all the success they had running the ball in the SB the Bears STILL had a chance to win that game if not for Rex's very poor play. Hayden's pick six sealed the deal. I'm ALL for the run game just DON'T make it the focal point of THIS team with Luck and the many weapons onboard. MIX IT UP ON 1ST DOWN instead of Trent up the middle because that LEADS to 3rd and LONG against the GOOD teams!

You are making good points and I can see what you are talking about. I am not trying to say he is horrible or a piece of garbage he just has disappointed. If you take away the 3rd overall pick status he still is basically our 26th overall pick. He hasn't really lived up to that either.

My whole thing with Richardson is I feel like some people are lying to themselves in the fact that they aren't disappointed with his out put. I think he has improved and who knows maybe he could turn it up even more later this season. Who knows. But with what the most of the media, players, and fans expected he hasn't lived up to it. For people to say they are not disappointed for in him whatsoever for his out put in indy, either means they are lying or they really thought he wasn't that good.

I will say he has potential and i really am rooting for him to succeed! If he does play as hard as he has been and improves even more this season I will gladly eat my words and admit I was wrong.

I think we all understand your point but then we do see improvement. To keep rehashing the same old thing over and over is what gets old and tiresome.

Now that a quarter of the season is in the books we have a pretty decent gauge of the 2014-2015 Colts! With just 4 games which 3 players have surprised you in these 4 games? Also which 3 players disappointed you? Not staying these players will always suck but in these 4 games they have just not performed to your initial thought.

1. My number one has to be Ahmad Bradshaw. Not only has he stayed healthy he has shown he is the best runner on the roster. He has been a great reciever snagging 4 TDs, which is already more than his career total before the season. He also is the 10th best running back and ranked 1st in receiving backs (according to football outsiders). http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb

2. My number 2 is Andrew Luck. The only reason why he is a surprise because I didn't think he would outperform Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees in the first 4 games. Not only is he out performing, is he is on pace for MVP numbers.

3. My third one is Cory Redding. I picked Redding because he filled Mathis spot as a defensive leader and he has been playing great. He has been good in run defense and also has been a good pass rusher for a 3-4 DE. He also has been rushing standing up and been really versatile. 

1. For my first disappointment it has to be Bjorn Werner. His pass rushing is the reason why. He hasn't logged in one sack in any of the games. To put it in perspective Kelcy Quarles already has a sack and he's only played 2 games. 

2. For my second It has to be Josh McNary. I didn't expect him to be an elite ILB but he hasn't even been decent. He has gotten torched in the pass game and has missed some tackles. He had a lot of promise at the end of last year but looks totally different this year.

3. My third has to be Trent Richardson. I didn't expect him to be Marshawn Lynch but I thought his rushing would improve, especially since he has a whole offseason with the Colts. Have not been impressed at all.

Thoughts??

seriously...go back to the tape and re write this..

Richardson was the 3rd overall pick, he rushed for 1,000+ yards with 11+ TDs his rookie season while partially injured, and he's had the best team of his 3 year career. He should be putting up number one running back numbers. I should not expect a player we used a 1st round pick on to keep the back up running back fresh.

I believe he only rushed for 900 something yards his rookie year

I could be wrong

I don't want to get into the player bashing -- I'll leave all that to the armchair GMs. But here are three pleasant surprises so far:

1.  AQ Shipley.  They pick up another "castoff", plug him in to the starting Center position, and he plays it like he's been there for years.  If you squint your eyes just a bit you can almost see the reincarnation of Jeff Saturday in there.

2.  Jack Mewhort.  Yeah, he was a beast in college, but many a college beast has turned out to be a show poodle when they make it to the big time game. You don't expect a kid to step right in and handle the job like he has.  Shoulder to shoulder with Castonzo, and the left side of that line should be solid for years to come.

3.  Jack Doyle.  Hometown kid from a little school, and you kinda root for a guy like that just on general principles.  But we're starting to see him in there a lot, doing a lot of the little things -- a key block here, a five yard reception there -- that turn a three-and-out into a first and 10, keeping a drive alive. We'll probably never see Jack in the Pro Bowl, but he's doing the things that help get the other guys get there.

Bonus surprise:  Zach Kerr.  The kid comes in with no pedigree, no royal trumpets announcing his arrival, but an attitude that a 335-lb. ball of energy from the little Colonial Athletic Association (and with a blue female chicken for a school mascot, fer gawdsakes!) can make it in the NFL.  He just works his *** off, and has a blast doing it. Hope to see more of that Zach Sack Belly Dance this season. Priceless!

I feel like the nonstop whine is justifiable to a degree. I mean Richardson was a 3rd overall pick, had 1,000+ yards, 11+ TDs, with a crap team, and he was injured while doing it. He was also heralded as the next Adrian Peterson. Then he comes here and has played like a back up RB at best. So for fans to be let down its understandable. Like look at Darren McFadden he isn't a bad RB but he was drafted 9th, he was injury prone all the time, and under performed his whole career. For Raiders fans to be mad about him makes sense.

Saying he is horrible and a piece of garbage is too much and i don't agree with people who say that. Cause he isn't bad he just under performs. I will say there is 12 games left and if he amps it up then I will 100% eat my words about him.

should be eating your words now as he has been playing well.

Surprises: 

Mewhort: he's not good at pulling (yet) but he has been way more solid than I ever thought he would be especially as a rookie. 

Toler: He still gets burnt, and pulls PI calls, but has been playing much better that I anticipated. Adams also saved a TD that was throw to the Titans receiver Toler was covering as well. Stay healthy Greg! 

Kerr: Total beast. How the heck did we get him as an UFDA!?? The Kerricane! 

Disappointments: 

Werner: No sack in 4 games with two of those teams being the Jags and Titans. Wow dude. Wow. Walden is playing better than you. 

Landry: His propensity for scud missile tackling and whiffing is legendary and sad all at the same time. Please stop working on your biceps and PEDS, and work on tackling.

McNary: He hasn't really been playing at the level he did last year. Maybe it's because he's playing the entire game and needs better conditioning? I'd like to see Muamba in there.

I really think we need to try McNary at OLB instead of ILB also. 

On the fence: 

DQ Jackson: He's been pretty good at run defense (had a few whiffs though), but is horrendous in pass coverage. Manusky needs to figure this out, yesterday. 

I don't think Richardson is a disappointment at all. He's looked considerably better this season. Let's keep in mind that this is not the 1973 Bills offensive line that blocked for 3,000 rushing yards. This is still an average at best line. Trent (as well as the other backs) are still being hit by one or two guys behind the line a few times a game.

Even with that, I'd say Trent is having a pretty good season. I know, people will still talk about what a bust he is and how awful he is unless he picks up 10 yards a carry, every single carry.

Everyone talking about how we wasted a first round pick on trich is crazy.. the dude is leading team in yards. He has had a way bigger impact on this team than our previous 1st round pick which was werner. Which has just been awful.. no body should be knockin trich. Hes makin a impact .. if anything people need to knock on werner

I think we all understand your point but then we do see improvement. To keep rehashing the same old thing over and over is what gets old and tiresome.

What gets old are fans saying he is playing great when in fact he is playing very decent right now.

should be eating your words now as he has been playing well.

He has not, he has been playing decent. I have no idea what games everyone else is watching. His only good rushing performance was against Philly and yet he had 2 fumbles.

What gets old are fans saying he is playing great when in fact he is playing very decent right now.

Must you insist on carrying on and on about TRich? He is one of the least problems the Colts face. The Colts use multiple RBs and none are super stars but they are all good enough to get the job done. That is what is ask of them by the team. That is all we can ask as fans also. It's not the end of the world as we know it because TRich is not playing to your expectations. There are a lot of other things to dwell on.

The Good

1. Vontae Davis is arguably the best player we've had for the first 4 weeks of the season.  Teams are literally not throwing at him anymore.

2. Greg Toler is not getting picked on even though they are avoiding Vontae.  And Toler played 4 games straight.

3. The OLine thus far has seen major improvements over last year.

The Bad

1. Andrew Luck has had more than a few alarming throws.  Not all have been intercepted but he's just made some really questionable throws outside of playing otherwise terrific ball.  I mean right at defenders numbers throws.

2. Trent Richardsons acceleration is just not there.  His downhill running is fine.  But when he has to dance in the backfield he's not going anywhere after the initial juke or stutter step.

3. The safeties (Landry and Adams) always seem late getting to deep throws.  Adams was in the right place at the right time twice this past week but he was not in position to break up the play if the WR had caught the ball like he should have.

The Ugly

1. The coverage of the ILBs.  Jackson and McNary have gotten torched by TE's and Darren Sproles all season.  Right now it's this teams biggest weakness.

2. The pass rush.  Even sending blitzing LBs vs the Titans we still diddn't rush the QB enough to have a backup make mistakes.  We cannot always count on the coverage to be stellar.

3. Drug use.  It's one thing to be injured.  But guys missing games for substance or conduct is killer.  This team isn't deep enough to absorb injuries and self inflicted suspensions.

I know the Richardson stuff gets really old.  But I would invite anyone to go back and look at his runs where he gets nowhere and look how often he is met the line by 1 or 2 defenders.  RBs need holes.  When he gets holes, he makes things happen.   This is where I think Holmes might add a bit more then Shipley. Shipley is a good pass blocker but I think he lacks in run blocking.  He doesn't move the pile.  I think Mewhort, Holmes, and Thornton inside could potentially move some bodies because of their size and strength.  But I am sure it will work itself out. One of these weeks, Shipley will look bad and be put back on bench.

You got it. These guys kept playing Satele and brought back McGlynn, so they could stick with a very average Shipley just out of hard headedness.

Everyone talking about how we wasted a first round pick on trich is crazy.. the dude is leading team in yards. He has had a way bigger impact on this team than our previous 1st round pick which was werner. Which has just been awful.. no body should be knockin trich. Hes makin a impact .. if anything people need to knock on werner

TRich has had about 8-10 good runs on some Superiorly blocked plays and is too slow to read and hit those small creases that a smarter, quicker back could take advantage of. He leaves Many yards on the table because he is, TRich.

He is a grinder and Pep is getting what he can out of his modest running ability.

Dont agree with Werner  or Richardson as disappointments, Werner has been playing great granted he has been credited with a sack i believe he was robbed of at least 2 one being a strip sack safety. Also McNary i dont believe he is playing in the right position i feel he is better suited as an OLB he is naturally a better pass rusher.  

Richardson has been playing good, he isn't racking up 100 yards a game but he is doing all the essentials and is leading in all purposes yards.

IMO 

Surprises for me are 

Thorton - he has showed improvement and looks to be a staple in the run game

Kerr- UDFA did not expect him to play as well as he has kid is a monster

AQ Shipley- He has played great in Holmes absence i like the kid he is tough and gets the job done with grit.

Disappointments 

Landry - granted he has played decent the past two games but he is not playing lights out. For his hype his performance does not match it or for what he is being paid.

Chapman - He's showed flash's but i need to see more consistency from him 

Walden - With Mathis out i expected him to set up and fill the void. he has played OK but we need more than just ok from him.

Surprises:

1) Shipley.  He's played so well that the coaches' favorite Holmes has been benched.

2) Mike Adams.  He's been pretty solid, in general.

3) Mewhort.  He's really looked solid, with very few growing pains.

4) Moncrief.  Really thought he'd see no playing time this year, but they're getting him ready to play a major role later this season.

5) Kerr.  He's a keeper.

HM: Redding & D'Quell.

Disappointments:

1) Landry.  Possibly worse in coverage than last year, and now he's suspended.

2) Holmes.  The newest ankle injury was on a freak play, but we're left wondering if we have a long-term role.  I would have hoped to see a healthy Holmes get the call this week at LG with Mewhort's injury.

3) Nicks.  Pretty invisible as the teams 3rd "#1" receiver.  Moncrief should relegate him to the bench in the 2nd half of the season.

4) McNary.  Not terrible, but I would have hoped for more from him.

5) Chapman.  He's been fine, but I was hoping for more of an impact performance from him...

Dont agree with Werner  or Richardson as disappointments, Werner has been playing great granted he has been credited with a sack i believe he was robbed of at least 2 one being a strip sack safety. Also McNary i dont believe he is playing in the right position i feel he is better suited as an OLB he is naturally a better pass rusher.  

Richardson has been playing good, he isn't racking up 100 yards a game but he is doing all the essentials and is leading in all purposes yards.

IMO 

Surprises for me are 

Thorton - he has showed improvement and looks to be a staple in the run game

Kerr- UDFA did not expect him to play as well as he has kid is a monster

AQ Shipley- He has played great in Holmes absence i like the kid he is tough and gets the job done with grit.

Disappointments 

Landry - granted he has played decent the past two games but he is not playing lights out. For his hype his performance does not match it or for what he is being paid.

Chapman - He's showed flash's but i need to see more consistency from him 

Walden - With Mathis out i expected him to set up and fill the void. he has played OK but we need more than just ok from him.

Let me get this straight......Werner is playing great and Walden is a disappointment??????????????

My disappointments are the following:

1.  Robert Mathis!  Not only should he have known to have those drugs tested or approved, he then hurts himself while suspended.  This is HUGE for the team.  I have really felt he let us down on this. 

2.  LaRon Landry!  Not for the reason's other have mentioned, I am actually a fan of what he does.  Yes, he makes mistakes, show me a player that doesn't, but he isn't that bad.  But he should not be using anything illegal like Mathis.  Very disappointing.

3.  Da'Rick Rodgers!  Once again, given a great chance to play for our team.  So disappointing.  You knew you had a problem, yet you didn't care.  And now you see the door. 

So yes, my disappointments come from the ones that have gotten suspended.

My disappointments are the following:

1.  Robert Mathis!  Not only should he have known to have those drugs tested or approved, he then hurts himself while suspended.  This is HUGE for the team.  I have really felt he let us down on this. 

2.  LaRon Landry!  Not for the reason's other have mentioned, I am actually a fan of what he does.  Yes, he makes mistakes, show me a player that doesn't, but he isn't that bad.  But he should not be using anything illegal like Mathis.  Very disappointing.

3.  Da'Rick Rodgers!  Once again, given a great chance to play for our team.  So disappointing.  You knew you had a problem, yet you didn't care.  And now you see the door. 

So yes, my disappointments come from the ones that have gotten suspended.

I definitely agree with you on Mathis he has let us down. 

The Good

1. Vontae Davis is arguably the best player we've had for the first 4 weeks of the season.  Teams are literally not throwing at him anymore.

2. Greg Toler is not getting picked on even though they are avoiding Vontae.  And Toler played 4 games straight.

3. The OLine thus far has seen major improvements over last year.

The Bad

1. Andrew Luck has had more than a few alarming throws.  Not all have been intercepted but he's just made some really questionable throws outside of playing otherwise terrific ball.  I mean right at defenders numbers throws.

2. Trent Richardsons acceleration is just not there.  His downhill running is fine.  But when he has to dance in the backfield he's not going anywhere after the initial juke or stutter step.

3. The safeties (Landry and Adams) always seem late getting to deep throws.  Adams was in the right place at the right time twice this past week but he was not in position to break up the play if the WR had caught the ball like he should have.

The Ugly

1. The coverage of the ILBs.  Jackson and McNary have gotten torched by TE's and Darren Sproles all season.  Right now it's this teams biggest weakness.

2. The pass rush.  Even sending blitzing LBs vs the Titans we still diddn't rush the QB enough to have a backup make mistakes.  We cannot always count on the coverage to be stellar.

3. Drug use.  It's one thing to be injured.  But guys missing games for substance or conduct is killer.  This team isn't deep enough to absorb injuries and self inflicted suspensions.

You put Andrew's play as Bad?? Are you crazy??

I agree with you on Werner he has sucked. 

Richardson has never had a 1000 yard year in the nfl.

surprise
1- Zach Kerr- a real find, this guy plays all out on every play and shows good pass rush abilities for a man his size. Great first step and follows it up with good strength and power. I can see him being a Colt for a long time.

2- Jack Mewhort- Plays like he's been in the league for years. Like his nasty streak, and a real competitor that doesn't back down from anybody. I thought he would be good, but not this good this fast. Great pick another long time Colt.

3- Erik Walden-  Walden has been a beast, which has been even more important with Mathis not playing. Playing at a level that I didn't think he could reach. I would have to say he and Vontae have been our top defensive players up to this point.

RJF- I know some have said he has been a disappointment, but I think he has looked really good, and has made quite a few plays on the other side of the line. The best I've ever seen him play.

Disappointments

1- Landry, for all the ability he has, he just doesn't seem to be able put it all together. Now the suspension just makes him an even bigger disappointment. I was hoping maybe he just had some type of nagging injury last season, but it's been more of the same. He should dominate in the running game, but still takes the wrong angles and just keeps missing tackles. Unless something changes I don't see him being a Colt next season.

2- Werner- He has been close a bunch of times, but still looking for that first sack. I didn't want to put him on here, because I think he's playing a lot better and other than lack of sacks, he's playing pretty good football. I do think the sacks will come and he will continue to get better. I put him on here only because he hasn't got a sack yet. I still expect good things from Werner, and think he will only get better as the season goes on.

3- Fleener- He still drops to many passes and hasn't improved as a blocker at all. I thought coming into his third season he would become a little better blocker and really take a big step as a receiver, especially in the red zone and catching the ball down the seem. He seems to be very soft and lacks the toughness to be a big time TE. He's a big liability blocking and I have seen many run plays blown-up by his lack of blocking, shouldn't be counted on in those situations.

I see what you mean. With Richardson he is a physical beast. He can break tackles, is a good recieving back, is a monster in pass blocking, and is actually faster than people think. My biggest knock on Richardson is his vision. He only can run when the holes are as big as they were against the Eagles. For example if they call a power play Richardson will just run in the pile if there is a hole or not. He doesnt use his natural RB ability and find other running lanes.

Vision is what separates good from great.  He will always be runner who needs volume carries. But as long as there is a complimentary RB with him, it can work.  Seems like Pep has figured it out by splitting carries with Bradshaw

Vision is what separates good from great. He will always be runner who needs volume carries. But as long as there is a complimentary RB with him, it can work. Seems like Pep has figured it out by splitting carries with Bradshaw

I do like that Richardson gets the bulk of the carries and doesnt get injured. It keeps Bradshaw fresh and ready to go. I really want to see Boom Herron work in there more also. I remember when the Giants has Bradshaw, Jacobs, and Derrick Ward as their three head attack. I feel like the Colts should get Herron in there and make there own!

I do like that Richardson gets the bulk of the carries and doesnt get injured. It keeps Bradshaw fresh and ready to go. I really want to see Boom Herron work in there more also. I remember when the Giants has Bradshaw, Jacobs, and Derrick Ward as their three head attack. I feel like the Colts should get Herron in there and make there own!

I would be ok with seeing Boom get a series and some spot duty.  I guess the question is does he know his assignments because mistakes won't be tolerated by the coaches.

I would be ok with seeing Boom get a series and some spot duty. I guess the question is does he know his assignments because mistakes won't be tolerated by the coaches.

I wouldnt nessesarity trust Boom with pass protecting duties like Bradshaw or Richardson. I feel like Boom is powerful and shifty enough to get in between the tackles with power runs to the right and left.

Let me get this straight......Werner is playing great and Walden is a disappointment??????????????

No i never said he is playing "Great" i just said i don't agree with him being a disappointment as the OP has stated. I tagged Walden as a disappointment because IMO he is supposed to step up his game in Mathis's absence. He and Werner are essentially playing equivalent right now okay but not great. also the reason i don't think Werner should have been tagged as a disappointment is because he has mad a huge jump since last season he shows awareness has adjusted to the game speed. no longer looks lost on the field. 

No i never said he is playing "Great" i just said i don't agree with him being a disappointment as the OP has stated. I tagged Walden as a disappointment because IMO he is supposed to step up his game in Mathis's absence. He and Werner are essentially playing equivalent right now okay but not great. also the reason i don't think Werner should have been tagged as a disappointment is because he has mad a huge jump since last season he shows awareness has adjusted to the game speed. no longer looks lost on the field. 

Walden has been a monster so far this year, and has been setting the edge against the run quite well (Darren Sproles notwithstanding, but he's ALWAYS gashed the Colts). I just find that Werner is non-existent in the pass rush world. He has great pursuit, and can run down backs from the backfield, but what he needs to be doing is giving us at least 30% of what Robert Mathis does, and so far that's not been the case. 

Walden isn't supposed to be pressuring the QB. Sometimes he does, and that's great (He's had a few sacks already, IIRC), but I would really like to see him and Werner switch. Place Walden at ROLB (Rush) and Werner at LOLB (Sam?)

Walden has been a monster so far this year, and has been setting the edge against the run quite well (Darren Sproles notwithstanding, but he's ALWAYS gashed the Colts). I just find that Werner is non-existent in the pass rush world. He has great pursuit, and can run down backs from the backfield, but what he needs to be doing is giving us at least 30% of what Robert Mathis does, and so far that's not been the case. 

Walden isn't supposed to be pressuring the QB. Sometimes he does, and that's great (He's had a few sacks already, IIRC), but I would really like to see him and Werner switch. Place Walden at ROLB (Rush) and Werner at LOLB (Sam?)

From what ive witnessed they swap pretty often, but i agree with you Werner does look non existent at times in pass rush then there are times where he shows flashes. Overall he looks much more improved from last year which im happy with. its his second season im not expecting him to put up Mathis number's.