Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it bother you so much?  A few members are taking it way too personally; like everyone is attacking their relative or something. If you look at all the stories on NFL websites that aren't even specific to just the Colts you see that Richardson's failure is still a topic for discussion and debate.  If NFL fans in general are interested in discussing and debating Trent's failure why would you think that the fan's directly affected by him would not want to discuss it.

No, because its pointless to argue about a player that doesn't even play now.

I agree, he would be very good at the way we are using our rbs now, pitch outs and passes out of the backfield, just don't run any of them up the gut unless it is very short yardage

what pitch outs, we are hitting the check downs more often, but other than that we're not using our backs any different at all. Trent is not near the receiver Boom is, he would still be just as horrible as he has always been. He want be in the NFL next year. He is so bad the Colts will eat the final year of his contract, and maybe then you guys can finally realize just how horrible he has been. He will go down as one of the biggest bust in NFL history.

Honestly activating Trent at this point just makes you lose a special teams player. The other backs can block and catch just as good as Trent, and they can actually move the ball on the ground when called on to do it. They are hungry and want a shot at starting somewhere next season, or at least a chance to play, Trent isn't hungry, in fact he may have ate too much.

Trent isn't going to be the slightest bit of help against the Pats.

This is the time of the year when you go for broke not go with what's broke. Trent did a great job last week. And I am hoping he does another similar great job this week. If they bench him it will only be 2 less yards then he got the last time he played the Pats in the playoffs, and he won't even fumble

No rb has been able to run behind this line .. We just expect a lot out of Trent and he has nt delivered . Is it all his fault no it's not .. I think the left side of the line Is good but the center and right side is sad .. Teams know this an overload the left side .. I do think we will fix this next year .. Trent and cj spiller would be nice

No rb has been able to run behind this line .. We just expect a lot out of Trent and he has nt delivered . Is it all his fault no it's not .. I think the left side of the line Is good but the center and right side is sad .. Teams know this an overload the left side .. I do think we will fix this next year .. Trent and cj spiller would be nice

Trent who? Surely you're not talking about Richardson?

Dont think he is fat, hell look at the pic, he is to bulked up.  Which probably explains his lack burst and makes him stiff, which hurts his cutting, wiggle through holes, and vision because he cant do what he thinks he sees he needs to. Which forces him to hit the whole as directed. 

He has the ability to turn it all around, but he has to start over with everything he knows about being a rb. Going to be darn near impossible. 

One of the last passengers on the Trent Richardson excuse boat .... time to jump on a life boat that ship has sunk..

I don't like to argue, but you must check the other RBs  ypc on the same Cleveland team when TR was there and the RBs both years in Indy while TR's been here. There is a huge difference on both teams' RBs ypc vs. TR's. His ypc of 3.3 vs. all other RBs with the same O line is much less. In most cases the other RBs are at 4.5 to 5.1 ypc vs. his 3.0-3.6. Profootball reference is a good source for facts. They have no opinions, just facts of all players in the history of the NFL.

I'm not sure why people keep bringing up the 2.7 YPC Boom had against the Broncos. Do people not realize that the Broncos have a top 5 run defense? Not to mention he only got a few carries. 2.7 is a fine average. It's fine if you're going to use stats, but make sure you put those stats into perspective.

Trent would have been lucky to average 1 YPC against the Broncos.

I'm not sure why people keep bringing up the 2.7 YPC Boom had against the Broncos. Do people not realize that the Broncos have a top 5 run defense? Not to mention he only got a few carries. 2.7 is a fine average. It's fine if you're going to use stats, but make sure you put those stats into perspective.

Im' much less inclined to care about the 2.7 YPC when we basically rammed the ball down their throats for 10 minutes in the 4th quarter to milk the clock and the Broncos had no answer except to watch it happen.

Herron had 23 attempts rushing vs the Broncos......That's not a few attempts...That's basically the load of the carries. Our run blocking execution has been has been horrific and many of the run blocking designs quite honestly look like they came from a guy that's never designed plays before nor knows his O Linemans capabilities,

Case in point: very first run play of the game, It was a run to the left....The Broncos had a 3 on 2 man advantage to that side, They had there RE a DT and a LB to our LT and LG....3 on 2 advantage Broncos....Knighton was lined up on Holmes right side in the 1 Tech, If Holmes comes off Knighton and shoots straight up to the ILB he probably gets him(meaning 3 on 2 advantage becomes even to 3 on 3).....Castonzo and Mewhort could have pinned there man down leaving Herron just to follow Holmes up to the Linebacker....easy yards......

That did not happen.......Instead Castonzo pinned down on the play leaving the DE to come free into the backfield and for Lance Louis at RG to Pull from his RG spot all the way out around the LT spot to come get the DE and then for Allen to pull from the H Back spot behind Louis's pull to get the ILB.....To me that's more complicated then it needs to be....Not close to the worst I have seen however

I can say one thing about Trent you going from bama to Cleveland Then end up in Indy that's a huge difference .. We don't have a line .. The left side is good but from center to rt is probably the worst in the league .. To be honest I don't think Trent got a fair shake in Indy .. They put so much pressure on him . The playbook was complex for him . And the line isn't any good .. Oh yea an his ave you can't go by that you give him the ball 10 times a game .. Boom had 23 car for 60 something yards lol but he's good that's joke I don't think boom had a 100 game this season ? Did any of are rbs have 1 ? That's wat I thought ..

Herron had 23 attempts rushing vs the Broncos......That's not a few attempts...That's basically the load of the carries. Our run blocking execution has been has been horrific and many of the run blocking designs quite honestly look like they came from a guy that's never designed plays before nor knows his O Linemans capabilities,

Case in point: very first run play of the game, It was a run to the left....The Broncos had a 3 on 2 man advantage to that side, They had there RE a DT and a LB to our LT and LG....3 on 2 advantage Broncos....Knighton was lined up on Holmes right side in the 1 Tech, If Holmes comes off Knighton and shoots straight up to the ILB he probably gets him(meaning 3 on 2 advantage becomes even to 3 on 3).....Castonzo and Mewhort could have pinned there man down leaving Herron just to follow Holmes up to the Linebacker....easy yards......

That did not happen.......Instead Castonzo pinned down on the play leaving the DE to come free into the backfield and for Lance Louis at RG to Pull from his RG spot all the way out around the LT spot to come get the DE and then for Allen to pull from the H Back spot behind Louis's pull to get the ILB.....To me that's more complicated then it needs to be....Not close to the worst I have seen however

And that just adds to my point. Run blocking isn't great either. So you take bad run blocking and a top 5 run D, and 2.7 yards looks very good IMO. But that being said, all of the other RBs have had higher YPC with the same O-Line; Brown did it with a worse line.

Bottom line is the stats don't tell the story when it comes to Boom. He is a way more effective player than Richardson, whether it's running the ball or catching it, he does what Richardson couldn't which is contribute. The best thing Trent did was pass block.

Been a supporter of his ever since the trade. From the eye test he just lacks the burst and wiggle needed to succeed. This sis t college were he can just doze people. They're just as fast, big and strong in the nfl if not faster, bigger and stronger. I wonder if he just put on to much size? Who knows? I do k ow he's NOT cutting it and may be time to move on.

I can say one thing about Trent you going from bama to Cleveland Then end up in Indy that's a huge difference .. We don't have a line .. The left side is good but from center to rt is probably the worst in the league .. To be honest I don't think Trent got a fair shake in Indy .. They put so much pressure on him . The playbook was complex for him . And the line isn't any good .. Oh yea an his ave you can't go by that you give him the ball 10 times a game .. Boom had 23 car for 60 something yards lol but he's good that's joke I don't think boom had a 100 game this season ? Did any of are rbs have 1 ? That's wat I thought ..

If Trent can't learn a playbook in 2 years that everyone else seems to be able to learn then he is dumb.

The playbook excuse is gone, should have not even made it to the end of last season. Of he goes to another team will they need to sign him to a 6 year deal so that he will have 2 years to play and 4 to learn the playbook ?

Trent never managed to get a league average ypc behind the Browns line. Ballard had a better ypc his rookie season then Trent.

Trent puts up numbers that any 7th round player could match.

He doesn't even have enough good plays in the NFL to make a 1 minute highlight reel.

Trent is a bust. Cleveland knew it and unloaded him as fast as they could. Imagine how bad he must have looked in camp and practice for them to deal him away after just a couple weeks into the season.

:facepalm:

Trent had games where he's had 1 car and 1 yard and that all goes against his average . How does he go from close to 1000 yards 17.8 touches a game 50 catches for close to 400 yards 11 rushing Tds to this he's being misused . Think abt it .. If your intentions were to spend a first rounder on him why wouldn't you give him the ball more then 10-12 touches a game 20 catches a season .. I'm not saying richerson is a beast or a probowler .. All I'm saying is he's a starter . And he should get the ball 20-25 times a game .

Trent had games where he's had 1 car and 1 yard and that all goes against his average . How does he go from close to 1000 yards 17.8 touches a game 50 catches for close to 400 yards 11 rushing Tds to this he's being misused . Think abt it .. If your intentions were to spend a first rounder on him why wouldn't you give him the ball more then 10-12 touches a game 20 catches a season .. I'm not saying richerson is a beast or a probowler .. All I'm saying is he's a starter . And he should get the ball 20-25 times a game .

Never once did Trent have 1 carry in a game. Never once did Trent run for 1 yard in a game.

Yes.  His first year he average 0.0 ypc.

Not sure what you mean by his "previous games" but he averaged, 5.4, 11.0, 3.3, 5.5, 0.3, 3.4, 4.7, 2.7.

That's why it's a double standard.

Trent has consistently gained 3 YPC for 2 years and has no burst to break open a big run. Boom has shown he can gain 4+ YPC on a regular basis and has the burst to hit the home run if there's a crease. It's not a double standard. Trent Richardson just sucks.

If Trent would show us the big play ability that Boom does and consistently get 4 YPC we'd give him a pass on a 2.7 YPC game as well. Especially if he ran effectively on an 8 minute clock killing drive at the end of the game and caught 8 passes.

You can't honestly tell me you think Richardson should still be the starter, right? So why are you still defending him?

Trent has consistently gained 3 YPC for 2 years and has no burst to break open a big run. Boom has shown he can gain 4+ YPC on a regular basis and has the burst to hit the home run if there's a crease. It's not a double standard. Trent Richardson just sucks.

If Trent would show us the big play ability that Boom does and consistently get 4 YPC we'd give him a pass on a 2.7 YPC game as well. Especially if he ran effectively on an 8 minute clock killing drive at the end of the game and caught 8 passes.

You can't honestly tell me you think Richardson should still be the starter, right? So why are you still defending him?

ok I agree but if you were a gm an spent a 1st rd pick on an rb wouldn't you run him 20-25 times a game . Or would you only run him 10-15 .. What was the point ?

ok I agree but if you were a gm an spent a 1st rd pick on an rb wouldn't you run him 20-25 times a game . Or would you only run him 10-15 .. What was the point ?

Are you kidding? That's what they would have liked to have been able to do but with the ineptitude of the oline and Richardson's lack of ability to create anything, they couldn't.

They blew a first round pick but they're not going to run Richardson into the line 25 times a game for 3 yards a pop just to try justify the trade. That's insanity.

Trent has had plenty of time to show what he's got. Grigson and Pagano have gave him every possible opportunity to succeed. Should they both jeopardize their own careers for a running back who can't play ?

The trade makes Grigson look bad, but putting Trent back on the field would make him look worse. His job isn't to risk it all on a player who so far stinks, his job is to help fins the pieces that will make the team win and tight now Boom is a better piece.

I mean by your rationality Luck should have never been drafter because we had Painter and he wasn't given the time to develop into a starting role.

Some guys are better then others and some guys who were great college players stink when they get to the NFL. You gonna waste seasons, millions of dollars, and years off of other players careers while you try to develop a running back who is outperformed by everyone his shares carries with ?

Boom ain't the GOAT, but he is better then Trent which means that's who you go with at this point.

You gonna tell all the other players, " I know you guys worked hard to get to this point, but we are way more interested in giving Trent 30 carries this week then we are in winning the game and making the Superbowl "

I think the big thing as well here is the fact that Trent maybe a decent back, he is just not a decent back for our system.  With the way our O-line blocks we need a quick decisive  back who can hit the hole hard an improvise if the hole isn't there.  Trent as weird as it sounds is more of a finesse back than he is a power back.  I hope he moves on a succeeds somewhere else.

Take a look at Tim Jennings.  He was awful, awful, AWFUL when he was here, then he went to Chicago even though it was still the Tampa 2, it was more aggressive he was actually a decent cornerback.

The player needs to fit the situation and I just don't think this is the right situation for him or for us.

Trent has not had "games where he's had 1 car and 1 yard".   Why would you post false stuff?

Facts:

Trent had a game where he rushed 21 times for only 79 yards

Trent had a game where he rushed 20 times for only 47 yards

Trent had a game where he rushed 17 times for only 41 yards

Those were this year.   Why would you continue doing that?  

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Boom Herrons highest attempt games this season:

Boom had a game where he rushed 12 times for 65 yards

Boom had a game where he rushed 11 times for 60 yards

Trent has not had "games where he's had 1 car and 1 yard". Why would you post false stuff?

Facts:

Trent had a game where he rushed 21 times for only 79 yards

Trent had a game where he rushed 20 times for only 47 yards

Trent had a game where he rushed 17 times for only 41 yards

Those were this year. Why would you continue doing that?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Boom Herrons highest attempt games this season:

Boom had a game where he rushed 12 times for 65 yards

Boom had a game where he rushed 11 times for 60 yards

he had 2 carries for 1 yard against Dallas

You are assuming that I'm a Richardson fan.  I'm not, I think he is better than most on this forum think but I don't think he's the future for the Colts.  I just don't think Boom is all that good either.  He has not shown he can consistently get 4 ypc.  Just the opposite in fact, he's all over the place.  Because of his burst Boom is a better rb for te way the Colts use the running game but he's not a very good running back.

I just find it funny because I can guarantee you that had Trich carried the ball 23 times in the Denver game he would have had at least a 2.7 ypc average.  In limited action, I like the way Tipton runs better than I like Boom or Trich.  The only thing I don't like about Tipton is he turns is shoulders perpendicular to the ground at times when he's about to be hit that will lead to fumbles and injuries if he doesn't get that straightened out.

People are reacting to Boom the same way they reacted when Harrison got the start at center.  

You are assuming that I'm a Richardson fan. I'm not, I think he is better than most on this forum think but I don't think he's the future for the Colts. I just don't think Boom is all that good either. He has not shown he can consistently get 4 ypc. Just the opposite in fact, he's all over the place. Because of his burst Boom is a better rb for te way the Colts use the running game but he's not a very good running back.

I just find it funny because I can guarantee you that had Trich carried the ball 23 times in the Denver game he would have had at least a 2.7 ypc average. In limited action, I like the way Tipton runs better than I like Boom or Trich. The only thing I don't like about Tipton is he turns is shoulders perpendicular to the ground at times when he's about to be hit that will lead to fumbles and injuries if he doesn't get that straightened out.

People are reacting to Boom the same way they reacted when Harrison got the start at center.

And I can guarantee in the Bengals game Richardson would not have ran and caught the ball as effectively as Boom. I don't think Boom is great either and Tipton may even be better, but they're both clearly a better choice for us than Richardson. If Boom breaks one tackle here or there vs. the Broncos he could have broke a big gain. We know by now Richardson won't give us that. He's a big slow, hesitant back who likes to dance and lacks power.

And the fact that Boom is still averaging over 4 yards a carry over 100 carries shows consistency to me. Boom only has about 40 less carries than Richardson on the season now, yet he's averaging nearly 1 yard more per rush.

And I can guarantee in the Bengals game Richardson would not have ran and caught the ball as effectively as Boom. I don't think Boom is great either and Tipton may even be better, but they're both clearly a better choice for us than Richardson. If Boom breaks one tackle here or there vs. the Broncos he could have broke a big gain. We know by now Richardson won't give us that. He's a big slow, hesitant back who likes to dance and lacks power.

And the fact that Boom is still averaging over 4 yards a carry over 100 carries shows consistency to me. Boom only has about 40 less carries than Richardson on the season now, yet he's averaging nearly 1 yard more per rush.

really because this year week 7 or 8 the colts played cincy t rich had 14 touches for 77 yards an 4 catches for 41 yards ? Ppl that stick up for t rich aren't saying he's a superstar . It's just to put some light that he is who we thought he was .. Think of it this way had t rich gotten all the reps and caught those Bradshaw Tds .. We wouldn't have this forum right now . We took away his goal line Tds catching Tds .. He clearly doesn't fit are system . He's not bright he's gained weight to much I think . But he's are starter and we should have stuck with him run him to the ground .. Booms are savior? . Another stat when we ran the ball with trich an brad lucks had great games .