Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

Are line is so bad that if luck didn't have scrambling ability .. He'd be the most sacked qb probable ever maybe the second most David Carr holds that record .. Being said that how do you expect an rb to run behind this line .. Trent was a bust pic get some kinda line help an he'll flourish .. When you look at are line it isn't that bad there's just a lot of guys not playing up to there skills level .. I noticed one game they would run Trent to the left and he did great he was avg 5 yards a clip .. Then they over loaded the left side and he couldn't get a yard .. From center to right tackle need to be addressed

Everyone else runs better then Trent behind the same line

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you post on any other topic in this forum?

He never shuts up about Trent, that's for sure.  It'd be one thing if people were still making a case for him.  But it's pretty much subsided now and nearly all of us have moved on.  Boom's the guy and he's gettin the job done for the most part.

He never shuts up about Trent, that's for sure. It'd be one thing if people were still making a case for him. But it's pretty much subsided now and nearly all of us have moved on. Boom's the guy and he's gettin the job done for the most part.

I replied to someone making a case for Trent. Dry those eyes little camper

Sometimes, but since I was banished here and turned out to be 100% correct about Trent, I will always have a soft spot for this thread

Nice to see you don't care to post about the positive. What ever will you post about when Trent is no longer here for you to complain about?

thats the point. You scour these forums looking for any posts that mention Trent that you hadn't responded to yet and restate the same opinion in different words. Ergo, you never shut up about trent

Yet here you are talking about him also.

Sometimes, but since I was banished here and turned out to be 100% correct about Trent, I will always have a soft spot for this thread

It's funny because all you care about is saying that you were right on a message board.

There's really a lot of other topics to talk about. :)

Okay, I finally break down (until next season).  I give up defending Trent..  The forum WINS!!  Unless the Colts decide to draft or bring in at least 2 GOOD interior OL via FA during the offseason, I do want the Colts to finally get rid of Trent.  Only because I can't wait to give some people hell, if he gets picked up by a team with a good OL, and turns his career around.  It's useless playing the what if game, or trying to explain things to know it all fans that if Trent doesn't have a good interior line he won't be successful.  It is what it is, and it's not going to change unless Colts front office quits talking and starts acting.  In order for most players to succeed they need to be a product of a good environment.

You think JackColt and Modern are annoying?  IF this happens I will be the biggest arrogant person on this forum!  If the Colts do make changes up the middle and he still sucks next year, or if he does get picked up by a team with a good OL, and still doesn't do anything, I promise I will apologize to everybody! 

Something tells me though the Colts are committed to our young guys with the theory they will be better once they mature.  Next year Trent will still perform sub par while these inexperienced players only get a little better.  Perfect timing for the Colts to not resign Trent when his contract is up and after 3-4 seasons in the league Harrison, Holmes, and Thornton, will finally be somewhat good because they're not so young. 

COLTSTRONG?  POWER RUNNING motto is a joke!

Okay, I finally break down (until next season).  I give up defending Trent..  The forum WINS!!  Unless the Colts decide to draft or bring in at least 2 GOOD interior OL via FA during the offseason, I do want the Colts to finally get rid of Trent.  Only because I can't wait to give some people hell, if he gets picked up by a team with a good OL, and turns his career around.  It's useless playing the what if game, or trying to explain things to know it all fans that if Trent doesn't have a good interior line he won't be successful.  It is what it is, and it's not going to change unless Colts front office quits talking and starts acting.  In order for most players to succeed they need to be a product of a good environment.

I don't think you will have to worry about future "I told you so"'s, Trent will be working for H&R Block doing people's taxes before long.  Hopefully he is better at avoiding audits than he is tacklers.

Personally, I believe Trent's problems run deep, otherwise, why is it that EVERY other RB going back to Donald Brown has out-performed him drastically?  It is not coincidence.  IMHO, his days in the NFL are numbered, but if I am wrong, you can give me an "I told you so" when it happens......in the far far far far far far far far distant future.

It's funny because all you care about is saying that you were right on a message board.

There's really a lot of other topics to talk about. :)

Ah but so many other claimed I was wrong ....they said I knew nothing and to watch out because I would be eating crow this season. I enjoy being right

Ah but so many other claimed I was wrong ....they said I knew nothing and to watch out because I would be eating crow this season. I enjoy being right

What kind of cookies would you like?

A lot of people didn't say you were wrong, but wanted to give him more time to see if with the right o-line(still not right) and more time that he would turn it around. With the very little time he is being given per game, I really don't think he is being given a fair shot at improving...his own fault? Maybe. His time seems to have run out with the Colts, so be it. I am hoping he will turn it around somewhere once the right tools are in place. Still not going to take great joy in seeing a person fail, this was his profession, how he feeds his family, and I'm sure it's crushing to not be able to succeed at this level.

Lol oh darn. Their reputations on this board must be shattered. /s

Btw, I thought you were wrong. All this goes to show how "easy" it is to predict what will happen in football.

What kind of cookies would you like?

A lot of people didn't say you were wrong, but wanted to give him more time to see if with the right o-line(still not right) and more time that he would turn it around. With the very little time he is being given per game, I really don't think he is being given a fair shot at improving...his own fault? Maybe. His time seems to have run out with the Colts, so be it. I am hoping he will turn it around somewhere once the right tools are in place. Still not going to take great joy in seeing a person fail, this was his profession, how he feeds his family, and I'm sure it's crushing to not be able to succeed at this level.

Chocolate chip would be fine

You think JackColt and Modern are annoying?  IF this happens I will be the biggest arrogant person on this forum!  If the Colts do make changes up the middle and he still sucks next year, or if he does get picked up by a team with a good OL, and still doesn't do anything, I promise I will apologize to everybody! 

Something tells me though the Colts are committed to our young guys with the theory they will be better once they mature.  Next year Trent will still perform sub par while these inexperienced players only get a little better.  Perfect timing for the Colts to not resign Trent when his contract is up and after 3-4 seasons in the league Harrison, Holmes, and Thornton, will finally be somewhat good because they're not so young. 

Being able to run behind a good OL won't be anything to gloat about. Most half way decent RBs (even back ups) floating around the NFL can perform behind a good OL (look at Forsett). So all that would prove is trent is mediocre. If he goes somewhere and becomes M Lynch than you can gloat.

How Dumb!!

It took them til THE PLAYOFFS to drop him to 3rd string.Lagarrete Blount was on the waiver wire and Griggs didn't claim him and now we have a rb who is a fumbler and was benched in the 4th qtr caus he fumbled twice last week and a undrafted rookie with just a handful of carries.

I was ok with missing out on Blount, but when Ben Tate hit waivers the SECOND time I couldn't believe we didn't jump all over that.

I don't think you will have to worry about future "I told you so"'s, Trent will be working for H&R Block doing people's taxes before long. Hopefully he is better at avoiding audits than he is tacklers.

Personally, I believe Trent's problems run deep, otherwise, why is it that EVERY other RB going back to Donald Brown has out-performed him drastically? It is not coincidence. IMHO, his days in the NFL are numbered, but if I am wrong, you can give me an "I told you so" when it happens......in the far far far far far far far far distant future.

Drastically? That's a joke. The ONLY back that has performed good behind this line is Bradshaw and he has the ability to bounce/wiggle in and out of blocks like no other.

1- You have already taken your level of annoying, to record heights, no way you could take it any higher.

2- "unless the Colts decide to bring in two good interior linemen"   Still playing the" WHAT IF GAME" that you like to accuse others of. Still can't admit he sucks, maybe he will be the best special teams player ever!

3- "I can't wait to give some people hell, IF he gets picked up by another team with a good Oline and turns his career around"    Still playing that WHAT IF GAME  I see a pattern forming.   I wouldn't waste much time hoping this happens. but, WHAT IF

4- "it's useless playing the WHAT IF GAME or trying to explain things to know it all fans, that if Trent doesn't have a good interior line, he wont be successful.   Now that is a classic. I don't even know where to start.  I think that pattern has formed.  Hold all calls, we have a winner.  The true king of the "WHAT IF GAME"   It can't be half as useless as trying to explain something to the know nothing fan, that just doesn't get it, and tries to accuse others of the very things they do themselves"

5- I really don't see any way you could become even more annoying, I think you have reached the top.

6-" Something tells me though the Colts are committed to the young guys, with the theory they will be better once they mature"  YA THINK   wonder if Trent taking sucking to a new level had anything to do with that?

7-" next year Trent will still perform sub par, while these inexperienced players only get a little better".  They can't all regress the way Trent has, some will actually get better, either way, they have both shown so much more in a very short time, than Trent has shown in two years.  I guess with a better line they would get worse and Trent would get better. Makes sense.  WHAT IF, WHAT IF

8-" Perfect timing for the Colts not to resign Trent when his contract is up and after 3 - 4 seasons in the league Harrison, Holmes, and Thornton, will finally be somewhat good because they're not so young".   Taken the pathetic level to new heights too.  Waa Waa Waa, poor Trent, why don't the Colts let him suck for a couple more years, till his lineman are not young. This is the most pathetic WHAT IF GAME, of all time,  never cease to amaze,   So it's just a matter of bad timing?   Once he is cut, it will be very hard to take anyone serious, who has so desperately tried to blame anyone but Trent, for his pathetic play, even after the team bent over backwards to try to help him succeed. Sad. so sad that some people can't see the trees, for the forest. Can't have any validity in any future post.

1- You have already taken your level of annoying, to record heights, no way you could take it any higher.

2- "unless the Colts decide to bring in two good interior linemen"   Still playing the" WHAT IF GAME" that you like to accuse others of. Still can't admit he sucks, maybe he will be the best special teams player ever!

3- "I can't wait to give some people hell, IF he gets picked up by another team with a good Oline and turns his career around"    Still playing that WHAT IF GAME  I see a pattern forming.   I wouldn't waste much time hoping this happens. but, WHAT IF

4- "it's useless playing the WHAT IF GAME or trying to explain things to know it all fans, that if Trent doesn't have a good interior line, he wont be successful.   Now that is a classic. I don't even know where to start.  I think that pattern has formed.  Hold all calls, we have a winner.  The true king of the "WHAT IF GAME"   It can't be half as useless as trying to explain something to the know nothing fan, that just doesn't get it, and tries to accuse others of the very things they do themselves"

5- I really don't see any way you could become even more annoying, I think you have reached the top.

6-" Something tells me though the Colts are committed to the young guys, with the theory they will be better once they mature"  YA THINK   wonder if Trent taking sucking to a new level had anything to do with that?

7-" next year Trent will still perform sub par, while these inexperienced players only get a little better".  They can't all regress the way Trent has, some will actually get better, either way, they have both shown so much more in a very short time, than Trent has shown in two years.  I guess with a better line they would get worse and Trent would get better. Makes sense.  WHAT IF, WHAT IF

8-" Perfect timing for the Colts not to resign Trent when his contract is up and after 3 - 4 seasons in the league Harrison, Holmes, and Thornton, will finally be somewhat good because they're not so young".   Taken the pathetic level to new heights too.  Waa Waa Waa, poor Trent, why don't the Colts let him suck for a couple more years, till his lineman are not young. This is the most pathetic WHAT IF GAME, of all time,  never cease to amaze,   So it's just a matter of bad timing?   Once he is cut, it will be very hard to take anyone serious, who has so desperately tried to blame anyone but Trent, for his pathetic play, even after the team bent over backwards to try to help him succeed. Sad. so sad that some people can't see the trees, for the forest. Can't have any validity in any future post.

The foundation of a franchise starts with a QB.  Next, it should be OL.  If you want to be ignorant and think you know it all, go ahead.  Andrew Luck doesn't NEED 3 great WR's.  A great QB makes average WR's look good.  ANY RB NEEDS a good OL to perform well.  IF you think I'm wrong what great RB has been a pro bowler w a horrible OL?  I'm the annoying one who, likes too irritate you, because you know very little about football, but you think you know everything!