Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be real. The Trent chapter was a bust. I wanted it to work badly, too. I hoped I was wrong after the first 6 games of seeing that TR was not even average, but unfortunately it is true. You don't give up a first round pick for a solid pass blocker whom averages 3.4 ypc for his time as a Colt and his career. But hey, first round picks only come through 50% of the time anyway. Not much lost, but now we have to cut the losses and move on. Any objective observer can see it, but we just need to move past wasting touches on Trent.

Let's be real. The Trent chapter was a bust. I wanted it to work badly, too. I hoped I was wrong after the first 6 games of seeing that TR was not even average, but unfortunately it is true. You don't give up a first round pick for a solid pass blocker whom averages 3.4 ypc for his time as a Colt and his career. But hey, first round picks only come through 50% of the time anyway. Not much lost, but now we have to cut the losses and move on. Any objective observer can see it, but we just need to move past wasting touches on Trent.

He was ruled out for today's game. Doctors are saying it's a severe ego contusion

The most ironic thing of all is somehow, despite all of our disappointment with Trent and the trade, we still won it. We still won this trade.

Sure, we got a player who hasn't even approached living up to the expectations. Sure, we paid a good price for a bad player.

But the Browns turned around and used the bounty they got from us on a player far worse than Trent.

We still won this trade. 

With that said, seems to me this thread should just be closed with the final judgement being that WE STILL WON THIS TRADE.

borat_great_success.jpg

The most ironic thing of all is somehow, despite all of our disappointment with Trent and the trade, we still won it. We still won this trade.

Sure, we got a player who hasn't even approached living up to the expectations. Sure, we paid a good price for a bad player.

But the Browns turned around and used the bounty they got from us on a player far worse than Trent.

We still won this trade. 

With that said, seems to me this thread should just be closed with the final judgement being that WE STILL WON THIS TRADE.

borat_great_success.jpg

What the Browns or whoever else did with that pick means nothing at all, What we could have done with that pick is the point

Marcus Smith

Jimmie Ward

Jordan Matthews

Kyle Van Noy

Jeremiah Attaochu

for example

What the Browns or whoever else did with that pick means nothing at all, What we could have done with that pick is the point

Marcus Smith

Jimmie Ward

Jordan Matthews

Kyle Van Noy

Jeremiah Attaochu

for example

But we didn't. 

We got Richardson. They got manziel.

We won. 

In a landslide.

As Gavin said, who they chose with our pick is irrelevant. We got a useless RB in return for a valuable first round pick. We lose. We lose big time.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

We could have done whatever. Doesn't matter. We didn't. No use dealing in suppositions. That's all fantasy.

Meanwhile, here in the real world, the Browns ended up with a worse player for the deal than we did.

We won.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

We could have done whatever. Doesn't matter. We didn't. No use dealing in suppositions. That's all fantasy.

Meanwhile, here in the real world, the Browns ended up with a worse player for the deal than we did.

We won.

Sorry John but your logic here is horrible . The pick was 1.26 and it has a set amount of value. That value far exceeds the perceived value for TR.  Besides that , there is no way we would have used that pick and another (trade up) on J Manziel.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

We won.

Who gives a flying # what they got out of the pick. We traded our valuable first round pick for a turd. Just because they lost as well (assuming Johnny Football busts) does not mean we won. I was hoping you were joking but clearly you are not. Your logic is pretty awful.

Sorry John but your logic here is horrible . The pick was 1.26 and it has a set amount of value. That value far exceeds the perceived value for TR. Besides that , there is no way we would have used that pick and another (trade up) on J Manziel.

Did I say we would have taken manziel?

No.

Did I say we would have taken anyone?

No.

It's all supposition. There's no way of knowing anything.

With that draft pick we got Richardson, they got manziel. The value of the pick is irrelevant. It's the price that was paid. And with the price that was paid for the two players, we got the better player.

This whole draft hindsight thing is nonesense. If we're gonna play that, then someone start up a "Fire Everyone" thread because we didn't draft any of the other great players that we don't currently have.

For that first round pick that was spent between Richardson and manziel, Richardson wins. End of story.

No.

No.

With that draft pick we got Richardson, they got manziel. The value of the pick is irrelevant. It's the price that was paid. And with the price that was paid for the two players, we got the better player.

This whole draft hindsight thing is nonesense. If we're gonna play that, then someone start up a "Fire Everyone" thread because we didn't draft any of the other great players that we don't currently have.

For that first round pick that was spent between Richardson and manziel, Richardson wins. End of story.

John.. everything has a value put to it. Richardson has a value of maybe a 7th round draft pick. We gave up a first to get him. Sad you can't understand that and you can say "end of story"  all you want. Your logic is hideous.

It's like saying you paid $100,000 for a 2013 Ford pickup but that person you sold it to bought a rabbit with it. So you won the deal...

No.

No.

You must be really good with money.

John.. everything has a value put to it. Richardson has a value of maybe a 7th round draft pick. We gave up a first to get him. Sad you can't understand that and you can say "end of story" all you want. Your logic is hideous.

Right.

So then we overpaid.

Fine.

I agree.

Still doesn't change the fact that a first round pick resulted in two players.

We got the better of the two players.

Value is entirely useless.

The trade which brought one player to each team brought the better player to this team.

Is it really that difficult?

Yes, for fornication's sake we got fleeced.

We still got the better player of the two involved in this deal.

Yes. We got rolled over and raped dry on value. Do you feel better?

It still does not (and nor will it ever, since we're on the matter) change the fact that the better player came to Indy.

Did I say "best" player? (Get your reading skills out)

No.

Could there have been a better resolution to the whole ordeal?

Yes. Obviously.

But that doesn't matter because THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED.

Richardson is better than manziel.

Sit there and + and whine and * and moan till you use up all the oxygen left in our atmosphere.

We have been better off with Richardson than they have with manziel.

THERE is your touted value.

We've gotten more VALUE out of the pick that changed hands than they have.

Right.

So then we overpaid.

Fine.

I agree.

The trade which brought one player to each team brought the better player to this team.

First of all the Colts will probably eat the 3.4 mill they owe TR and cut him. He's pretty much proved to be a bust. Manziel only has played two games and you are writing him off. Secondly .. if we traded Manziel for TR , then your argument would have at leaf a glimmer of something that makes sense.

If it helps you , here's the value placed on draft picks. Pick 1.26 is valued at 700 points while a comparable 7th is values at about 5 points.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Right.

So then we overpaid.

Fine.

I agree.

Why in the name of Jesus h Christ is it so hard to understand that value is not the issue here?

Yes. We got rolled over and raped dry on value. Do you feel better?

It still does not (and nor will it ever, since we're on the matter) change the fact that the better player came to Indy.

Did I say "best" player? (Get your reading skills out)

No.

Could there have been a better resolution to the whole ordeal?

Yes. Obviously.

But that doesn't matter because THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED.

Sit there and + and whine and * and moan till you use up all the oxygen left in our atmosphere.

We have been better off with Richardson than they have with manziel.

THERE is your touted value.

We've gotten more VALUE out of the pick that changed hands than they have.

We broke him.

It doesn't matter what the value is in relation to the rest of the league.

I already said (go on and read it again) WE GOT FLEECED. WE OVERPAID. WE SCREWED UP. IT WAS WRONG. IT WAS BAD. IT WAS A NO-NO.

I hope that makes you feel better.

We still ended up with a better player than the browns did as a result of this deal THAT WE OVERPAID FOR.

I already said (go on and read it again) WE GOT FLEECED. WE OVERPAID. WE SCREWED UP. IT WAS WRONG. IT WAS BAD. IT WAS A NO-NO.

We still ended up with a better player than the browns did as a result of this deal THAT WE OVERPAID FOR.

So what you're trying to say is we lost the trade?

What you said was this..."The most ironic thing of all is somehow, despite all of our disappointment with Trent and the trade, we still won itWe still won this trade.."

We didn't win the trade . We received a player that's maybe worth a 7th round pick (at best ) for pick 1.26. It's irrelevant what Cleveland did with the pick. What if they traded it for a 2015 1st and 4th ? Are you saying we would hav ego wait to see who won the trade? The fact that Cleveland may have used the pick on a bust does not mean we "won" the trade. Funny that you're the only one that can't see this.

Before you continue to try to tell me the browns are better off with manziel than we are with Richardson, however that works, I'll kindly direct you to Merrill hodge's recent comments on manziel.

Which drops his all important draft value significantly.

Especially since he is an insider and you guys are not coaches or scouts. (Now there's the show on the other foot for a change)

I'll spend no further time with the two of you. We got the better player on every level. Argue draft value and all that till you can no longer breathe.

It was a bad deal, and we got the better end of that bad deal.

Richardson>manziel.

LOL... I would go hide if I were you too. If the deal was Manziel for TR , you would be correct. But the deal was pick 1.26 for Trent Richardson , so your argument is hilarious.

I'll spend no further time with the two of you. We got the better player on every level. Argue draft value and all that till you can no longer breathe.

It was a bad deal, and we got the better end of that bad deal.

Richardson>manziel.

:wall:  .... Do you really not get it or are you just being difficult???  Who the Browns picked does not effect the value of the pick.  If you bought broken widget for $100 off someone, and that person turned around and bought a "more broken" widget ... Does the value of $100 change?  Its still worth $100; spending it stupidly does not change its value.

With that being said I bet the Browns could still trade JM for a higher pick than we could get for TR.

I was still on board with being patient with Trent at the start of this season.... But I think that we are all beyond doubt now that the Colts should just admit it was a bad trade, eat the lost value and just cut him loose...

It's a shame because I truly did want him to do well with us, but he just never got out of his own way.