Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

It's actually Grigson mandating that he plays, according to Brad Wells' sources. 

Gosh it's nice to be able to read Stampedeblue again, and I should probably stop following him on Twitter but I can't bring myself to do it!

Some of the stuff he says on there is just cimical.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Grigson better smarten up then..

It is FAR worse to cling to bad decisions, hoping for a turn-around, than to cut your losses and move on.

Wells says Grigson mandates who plays (according to his sources) and has specifically pointed at TRich and the center and guard positions, and Landry as examples.

Just to be clear, I don't believe that to be true. 

It's actually Grigson mandating that he plays, according to Brad Wells' sources. 

Gosh it's nice to be able to read Stampedeblue again, and I should probably stop following him on Twitter but I can't bring myself to do it!

To be fair, Rick Venturi says it does happen

Well, Grigson better smarten up then..

It is FAR worse to cling to bad decisions, hoping for a turn-around, than to cut your losses and move on.

Well, um, has Trent been playing?  Trent had 1 snap last week and is now practicing on punt coverage.  So um, try to keep up. ;)

I hope Trent is humbled by this situation, comes to came next year at about 215 and a step more explosive, and does what Mark Clayton has done with the Ingram.  It would be one thing if Trent were a Johnny Football annoying type.  But everything I have heard and read about him, he works his butt off and tries to do whatever they ask him to do.  He has tremendous physical talent.  I doubt they cut him next year.  I just think he needs to become a different type of back.  Faster and more decisive.

That can't be.  This has to be a mistake.  We all know that Trent is untouchable because the coaching staff is trying to help Grigson save face for that trade.

:ninja:

Well, to be fair, if the Colts hadn't given up what they did for him, I highly doubt he would have clung to the major role he had for nearly 2 full seasons.

I hope Trent is humbled by this situation, comes to came next year at about 215 and a step more explosive, and does what Mark Clayton has done with the Ingram.  It would be one thing if Trent were a Johnny Football annoying type.  But everything I have heard and read about him, he works his butt off and tries to do whatever they ask him to do.  He has tremendous physical talent.  I doubt they cut him next year.  I just think he needs to become a different type of back.  Faster and more decisive.

Like you said yourself, he doesn't seem to be someone with an ego. So I don't know if he really needs to be humbled.

Honestly, I'm not too disappointed we lost a 1st rounder with TR's trade, only about 40% of the 1st round picks live up to expectations. We took a chance and it didn't happen for us. The thing is that many people had such a hard time seeing TR was not more than below average. I was hoping he would turn it around and prove the one's wrong, (me being one) that were saying he just doesn't have it. Sadly, he did not disprove what we saw in Cleveland and last season with us. But it's time to cut the losses and move on. Glad the coaching staff is seeing this. (2.9 ypc last year and 3.3 ypc this year with the Colts after 3.5 ypc with Cleveland-running behind Joe Thomas and Alex Mack). But I still wish TR well next season with whomever.

To be fair, Rick Venturi says it does happen

So perhaps it is true. I respect Rick. Based on Pep's comments today re: TRich, Chuck is who decides who plays and who doesn't. Is the assumption then that Chuck does whatever Grigs says and there's no open dialogue/discourse to make collaborative decisions? If that's the case, why would Grigs all of a sudden give up on TRich and Harrison, because the assumption has to be he is playing him to be stubborn and save face, not based on production? 

You should tell Brad that voices in his head do not count as "sources".

Well, to be fair, if the Colts hadn't given up what they did for him, I highly doubt he would have clung to the major role he had for nearly 2 full seasons.

that's possible but at the same time, with as much turmoil as there has been on the OL I personally still don't think they'd have given up on him that quickly.

So perhaps it is true. I respect Rick. Based on Pep's comments today re: TRich, Chuck is who decides who plays and who doesn't. Is the assumption then that Chuck does whatever Grigs says and there's no open dialogue/discourse to make collaborative decisions? If that's the case, why would Grigs all of a sudden give up on TRich and Harrison, because the assumption has to be he is playing him to be stubborn and save face, not based on production?

I don't know what the assumption is, but I wouldn't be surprised that Grigson and Pagano had a discussion about giving TRich a lot of rope. If Ballard had stayed healthy the RB rotation would have been very interesting.

Well, moves like this bode well for the future of this organization. Grigson has shown a penchant for being obstinate when it comes to trying to force the square peg in the round hole. We saw it with McGlynn, Satele, DHB, and now Richardson. Grigs and Pags need to be quicker to cut bait when a player isn't working out. It may preserve their careers as GM and HC.

Trent's is under contract for next season. Our Oline needs fixed to fit our scheme. I'm not giving up on Trent because our OLine isnt't made for him. We have zone blocking personnel trying to run a power scheme. They zone block for Herron when he runs.

I feel bad for trent, its possible that he's dealing with a personal issue OR that he has no interest in playing...even though he produced alot more than trich, its seems like richardson is going down the path of ricky williams.

Not quite but still...

grigson should be fired for still thinking we are dumb enough to believe that he doesnt regret that trade. if he doesnt regret that trade he has no position working in the nfl

um, no...perhaps YOU should be fired for thinking that Grigson would be dumb enough to publicly admit to regretting the trade at any point in time while Trent is still on the Colts roster.  When was the last time any GM or Coach has publicly admitted to regretting signing or trading for a player while that player was still part of that team?

:thinking:

um, no...perhaps YOU should be fired for thinking that Grigson would be dumb enough to publicly admit to regretting the trade at any point in time while Trent is still on the Colts roster.  When was the last time any GM or Coach has publicly admitted to regretting signing or trading for a player while that player was still part of that team?

i dont see what it could hurt. he doesnt necessarily have to use the word regret he could definitely paraphrase

You mean GMs don't call out their players publicly and humiliate them as motivation to play better and show that they have a very unattractive team to play for?!?!?  What is this nonsense that you speak? common sense? What is that?...

:thmup:

I feel bad for Trent...I wish he was good enough to be our 3rd-down/goal-line back, but he is just sooooooooooo slow at making a decision after he gets the handoff....it must be that he processes information too slowly.

I don't see that as his problem, he makes decisions but his decisions are often something outside of his capability or he should have waited for the cutback or 1 more second. I see his problem as he needs to change his style of back.  Someone I don't know who but someone or maybe himself has convinced him he needs to be this power back with speed.  And I think he would be so much better if he would just be patient and explode through a hole and be more elusive.  He needs to cut about 25lbs and wait on blocks to the outside instead of just running into lineman and/or squeezing into a hole he just can't fit through.  If he could get a bit more patience and anticipate with a bit more acceleration he could be gashing defenses for 20 yards a pop.    Watch Leveon Bell if you'd like a fair comparison.  He may not hit home runs but he is by far the best back in the league because there will be drives that you can't stop him from gaining 10 yards because of how patient and explosive he is.  Top end speed isn't necessarily all that important for a running back just that start off needs to be quick and agile.

My only concern would then be could he still block if he cuts 25?  I'd like to think yes but less weight is a problem against LBers in the NFL.  At his current physique he should be utilized more as a 3rd down scat back.  Pass it to him in space and underneath crosses, but then again what do I know I'm sitting on the computer chair at the house :-)

I feel bad for trent, its possible that he's dealing with a personal issue OR that he has no interest in playing...even though he produced alot more than trich, its seems like richardson is going down the path of ricky williams.

Not quite but still...

trent needs a good run blocking middle o-line and he will be fine

You mean GMs don't call out their players publicly and humiliate them as motivation to play better and show that they have a very unattractive team to play for?!?!? What is this nonsense that you speak? common sense? What is that?...

:thmup:

Common sense???? I recognize both words but this particle combination of the 2 makes no sense to me

Lol

i dont see what it could hurt. he doesnt necessarily have to use the word regret he could definitely paraphrase

Um yeah, like I said, when has that ever happened? What would be the point of him doing that? All it would do is satiate the bloodlust that a few people are still holding onto.

I don't know what the assumption is, but I wouldn't be surprised that Grigson and Pagano had a discussion about giving TRich a lot of rope. If Ballard had stayed healthy the RB rotation would have been very interesting.

Well sure, but that's totally different than Grigson mandating Pagano play TRich. 

assumptions based on assumptions founded on assumptions. Sorry, but why waste the effort? He's not playing because he hasn't earned it. The rest doesn't matter.

Are line is so bad that if luck didn't have scrambling ability .. He'd be the most sacked qb probable ever maybe the second most David Carr holds that record .. Being said that how do you expect an rb to run behind this line .. Trent was a bust pic get some kinda line help an he'll flourish .. When you look at are line it isn't that bad there's just a lot of guys not playing up to there skills level .. I noticed one game they would run Trent to the left and he did great he was avg 5 yards a clip .. Then they over loaded the left side and he couldn't get a yard .. From center to right tackle need to be addressed