Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

trent is a slow power runner. this type of rb is usually ran up the gut behind a run blocking trio of guard, guard, center of which ours have little or no run blocking ability.  need I say more? I will. we don't have an o-line for trents style of running, get an o-line or get a different style rb

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheer up. What would the Colts have done with that first round pick anyway?

22 Johnny Manziel QB Browns 23 Dee Ford DE Chiefs 24 Darqueze Dennard CB Bengals 25 Jason Verrett CB Chargers 26 Marcus Smith DE Eagles 27 Deone Bucannon S Cardinals 28 Kelvin Benjamin WR Panthers 29 Dominique Easley DT Patriots 30 Jimmie Ward S 49ers

Foam finger and a half eaten hot dog would have been an improvement

The Elway trade was the equivalent of giving up Luck for Chance Warmack and a first round pick.

Ugoh being bad was exactly my point. He was as bad at his position as Trent, but he cost 2 high picks (a 1st and high 2nd).

Hughes is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, and we got a terrible LB who isn't on the roster anymore.

Wrong, Ugoh picked in 2nd round cost the next year's #1 only. You Trenties will not stop at anything to try to minimize what a crap acquisition he was.

Wrong, Ugoh picked in 2nd round cost the next year's #1 only. You Trenties will not stop at anything to try to minimize what a crap acquisition he was.

Ugoh cost a first and a 2nd. The first pick that was traded and the 2nd pick he was actually drafted with (that we got from the trade). And I am far from a "Trentie" and have said multiple times he's the worst runner in the NFL by far.

The Elway trade was the equivalent of giving up Luck for Chance Warmack and a first round pick.

Ugoh being bad was exactly my point. He was as bad at his position as Trent, but he cost 2 high picks (a 1st and high 2nd).

Hughes is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, and we got a terrible LB who isn't on the roster anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Ugoh

we gave up a 1st round pick in 2008 to move up and draft Ugoh in the 2nd round in 2007

Big difference playing against collage players than pro players.

While that's obviously true, Richardson was much faster, much more explosive, much more decisive, and a smart and confident runner in college. Look at the highlights, even if it is against lower competition, that is not the same player that plays for the Colts.

While that's obviously true, Richardson was much faster, much more explosive, much more decisive, and a smart and confident runner in college. Look at the highlights, even if it is against lower competition, that is not the same player that plays for the Colts.

Maybe that player could return to form if he had a line in front of him as good as he did at Alabama? I don't know but he doesn't get much room from the Colts line. On a different note I think Trent needs to be used like the Colts used Addai. Keep him in for blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield. Those are the two things he does do well. Just a thought.

Why is it that Bradshaw or anyone else who touches the ball look better than Trent? Same exact offense, same exact bum oline ...and why is that Everything Trent thread still around?

And just how good are those numbers? The Colts are rated #22 in the league per espn. So it seems the Colts really don't have a running game no matter who carries the ball.

Why is it that Bradshaw or anyone else who touches the ball look better than Trent? Same exact offense, same exact bum oline ...and why is that Everything Trent thread still around?

What are you talking about? They don't look much better than him!

Bradshaw had almost the same rushing stats as Trent halfway through the season. Bradshaw did all his work catching passes our of the backfield.

Boom has had a couple big runs to boost his stats. Very inconsistent. Not his fault really.

Not really any of our backs fault! If Trent lost some weight and GAINED SOME TRUST in his O Line he could be a good back. Same for any other running back.

LOOK AT THAT BAMA O LINE OPEN HOLES LIKE OFFENSIVE LINES ARE SUPPOSE TO DO!!!!

Trent Richardson needs open space in order to get decent yardage. That works in college not the pros. Reggie Bush had the same exact weakness when he was drafted in 2006 by the Saints until he figured out how to run between the tackles & make cuts in Miami. Bush figured it out; TR never will. 

I'm done with TR period. We better not resign him. I used to make fun of Donald Brown falling down a lot & getting minimal yardage. Trent is even worse. Donald Brown looks like a HOF back next to Richardson. 

I still say he has no peripheral vision which is a fundamental weakness of his game that cannot be overlooked or dismissed. 

I bet it's the hair. He's also much heavier than in college....I'd ask him to return for OTAs at a lower weight to try and salvage his career one last time. Hopefully we have an offensive line for our backs next year as well..

He's had long enough to prove himself & he hasn't shown me enough. We threw away a draft pick on him & got burned. That's fine as long as Grigs learned his lesson & won't repeat the same mistake. 

I'm not wasting a roster spot on a guy who can't run. He's a solid blocker in pass protection, but I refuse to keep a back who makes Luck job harder not easier because his YPC are god awful. 

This is the NFL not the Red Cross; You prove your value or get cut...Time to drop the dead weight. He can finish out the season then sayonara son. Good luck with your future endeavors outside of INDY.

Its really not hard to figure out in my opinion, He runs without confidence because of our O Lines inability to open up consistent holes for one reason or another whether it be inept fundamentals or blocking design, He should drop some weight to I think to help with his acceleration but he can accelerate....evident a few times this season....specifically on a twelve yard run vs Jax week 12 at 6:46 of the 3rd Quarter ....which set up a beautiful PA pass to Hilton that went for 73 yards on the following play....The Corner bit hard.......When we ran our best whether it be Richardson or Bradshaw it was mainly running AWAY from the strength of the defense...specifically in unbalanced lines.....Run AWAY from the side of the defense with the most numbers.

He certainly has missed some holes though, No denying that

This is the NFL not the Red Cross; You prove your value or get cut...Time to drop the dead weight. He can finish out the season then sayonara son. Good luck with your future endeavors outside of INDY.

There's no guarantee of course,  but I think the odds are much better than 50-50 that TR is back next year.

Why?     Because his salary of nearly $3.2 Mill is guaranteed and we pay it.     So, if the Colts cut him,  he'll be picked up after clearing waivers and that team will pay him the NFL veteran minimum and the Colts will have to pay the rest which is the vast majority.

Why pay Trent to play for someone else?    I think he can still be a serviceable back for the Colts,  even if he doesn't start, which he won't next year.

My hunch is Trent returns.....

After next year, his contract runs out,  unless he produces next year,  he'll be gonzo.....

There's no guarantee of course,  but I think the odds are much better than 50-50 that TR is back next year.

Why?     Because his salary of nearly $3.2 Mill is guaranteed and we pay it.     So, if the Colts cut him,  he'll be picked up after clearing waivers and that team will pay him the NFL veteran minimum and the Colts will have to pay the rest which is the vast majority.

Why pay Trent to play for someone else?    I think he can still be a serviceable back for the Colts,  even if he doesn't start, which he won't next year.

My hunch is Trent returns.....

After next year, his contract runs out,  unless he produces next year,  he'll be gonzo.....

I'm not a fiscal numbers crunchers guy NCF. I'm just saying that TR's production is grossly lacking &, unless you can furnish him with a space big enough to drive a car through, he's gonna continue to disappoint you. 

I would be curious to see what other teams would pick him up on waivers. INDY's got plenty of tape on him & I highly doubt that many GMs would grab him. Why did Browns fans love him so much? I just don't get it? What are they seeing that I don't see? HOF Back Jim Brown wasn't too impressed when Mike Holmgren drafted him either. 

Look, he tries really hard to succeed & he's a good kid, but manners & passion for the game just aren't enough sometimes. I enjoy playing percussion. Does that mean I will be a famous rock-n-roll drummer someday? Unfortunately no. I just don't see the point on wasting money on a running back who depresses you everytime you watch him run & over $3 dollars is too much to pay a guy for pass protection alone. If we bring TR back, we are burning money in a barrel that we cannot afford to be wasting. JMO. 

I get what you're saying but it's like saying to a Bears fan who is disgusted with Cutler that the team must bring him back & not take the cap hit. Money wise you are correct NCF, but to a fan who is through with Jay leading the Bears on offense they just want him gone ASAP because they have seen enough & they know nothing is going to change while he is still here on the roster. 

The line will not he vastly improved next season, it takes years to make a great O line and so far Grigson has yet to find any gems.

So realistically if Trent needs a great line to put up average numbers then its not gonna happen here whether he comes back next season or not.

I can't see any teams foaming at the mouth wanting to snatch up Trent, they might bring him in for a minute to see what he can do, but unless the team was hard up or insane, he would never make a 53 man roster.

There are maybe 3 teams with a line good enough for Trent to be average running behind, they aren't gonna want him.

The market for a slow, indecisive, blind, power back with no power is pretty much not there.

What are you talking about? They don't look much better than him!

Bradshaw had almost the same rushing stats as Trent halfway through the season. Bradshaw did all his work catching passes our of the backfield.

Yeah they have nearly the same rushing stats and Bradshaw has 1/3 of the carries Trich does.

Maybe that player could return to form if he had a line in front of him as good as he did at Alabama? I don't know but he doesn't get much room from the Colts line. On a different note I think Trent needs to be used like the Colts used Addai. Keep him in for blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield. Those are the two things he does do well. Just a thought.

As I said; he was faster, more explosive, and more decisive in college. The oline is irrelevant to those attributes. Boom Herron has shown the type of explosion and decisiveness behind this line that Richardson displayed at Alabama.

I'm done blaming the line.

As I said; he was faster, more explosive, and more decisive in college. The oline is irrelevant to those attributes. Boom Herron has shown the type of explosion and decisiveness behind this line that Richardson displayed at Alabama.

I'm done blaming the line.

So the line is not to blame for the Colts running game being rated 22nd in the league even with Herron? OK, if you say so.