Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 18, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, December 18, 2014 - quoting removed post

I doubt anybody feels as safe behind the CPU, as you two whiney guys. I guess you two analytical guys with your vast knowledge of football, really know what your looking at when you watch a game, and the  Whole rest of the football world from every network,  announcer,  analyst, scout, ex-player, ex-coach, present coach, present player, writer and %99.999 of the entire NFL fan base have it wrong.  Thank god we've got you two guys to tell us how good T-twitch is, or else we might just believe all those others, or what we see when we watch him play.   Thanks guys.

I hope you feel better now.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A personal argument has been removed from this thread.  A few of you crossed the line with your posts.  If you don't like someones posts it is fine to say so but don't start insulting people.  It just derails the thread with more of the same.

I agree with your warning and I hope you keep an eye on everybody involved.  I know what I said was a bit overboard, and I started it, but there are several posters and 2 inparticular that should get warnings also.  If they continue to talk then hopefully they can get banned :)

I agree with your warning and I hope you keep an eye on everybody involved. I know what I said was a bit overboard, and I started it, but there are several posters and 2 inparticular that should get warnings also. If they continue to talk then hopefully they can get banned :)

Dude, stop.

Trent has already had a "history breaking day". Worst back with 500 carries in Colts history and second worst in NFL history. Worst trade in Colts History. Most excuses ever made for someone in all of recorded history. The guy makes history every time he touches the ball.

you don't know much about colts history if you think that was the worst trade

The thing that makes the Trent deal seem the worst to me is they ignored the red flags and season worth of tape on him.

Trading for Ugoh was a gamble, but he was a draft pick and not a player with NFL film on him.

Hughes was good his last year with the Colts once you consider snap count and he fit the scheme

Elway refused to play, Ugoh was bad, Hughes was not good for the Colts.

The Elway trade was the equivalent of giving up Luck for Chance Warmack and a first round pick.

Ugoh being bad was exactly my point. He was as bad at his position as Trent, but he cost 2 high picks (a 1st and high 2nd).

Hughes is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, and we got a terrible LB who isn't on the roster anymore.

This thread is so redundant.  :deadhorse:

Its been that way for 4 months to the day now, ya just gotta learn to accept that its going to keep going....and going....and going...and going...Until the end of next year when we likely move on from Trent (end of his contract)

Its been that way for 4 months to the day now, ya just gotta learn to accept that its going to keep going....and going....and going...and going...Until the end of next year when we likely move on from Trent (end of his contract)

Yup, I'm pretty indifferent about Trent right now. If he kicks it into gear, cool. If Boom outperforms him, cool. I just want to see a good rushing attack.

I think its one of those things. People need to realise this is a forum. It's deigned to talk things about the Colts. We will either brag about what's good or moan about what's terrible in our opinions. I do agree that bashing Trent is becoming out-dated but the coaching staff seriously need to give Boom a solid amount of carries through-out a game to see where we are at. Maybe they are secretly holding off till the play-offs? I'm not sure but that would certainly be cool with me.

Bottom line is we gave up wayyyy to much for him and that's easy to say in hindsight. It's time the coaching staff stopped giving him more and more chances.

Yup, I'm pretty indifferent about Trent right now. If he kicks it into gear, cool. If Boom outperforms him, cool. I just want to see a good rushing attack.

Well said. I've defended Trent up until this point, honestly expecting (and hoping) for him to finally breakout. I thought the full offseason and full year of knowing the playbook would show results, which at times he has looked good. Overall however, it's looking more and more like he will never be a good NFL running back.

But as you said Jhaze, if Boom continues to play well and actually find the hole like he has done in every game he has played, then more power to him and great for us.

I would hope that Colts Nation will get behind Trent.  Make him feel welcome and cheer him on to NFL greatness!  Let's show him some love folks.

Trent doesn't need love. He needs to lose the stutter-step and find some explosiveness at the LOS. Once he gets beyond the LOS, he's good.

I really think you can't blame Trent he doesn't have a line.. There's threads on here abt how bad the colts O-line is .. There's also ppl threading mocks saying the colts should draft 3 O- lineman .. Yet .. It's Trent fault for playing behind a bad line.. He's not Barry sanders .. He's 5'9 230lbs he needs a hole to get going .. The year with Donald brown he didn't know the play book and he had a nagging injury .. I can't wait for him to go to another team an crush it .. No body this year ran good behind this awful line.. Bradshaw caught the ball when he scored or he punched it in from the 1 ... Herron has a fumble a game and one big run an can't block so please .. Watch the games I watch every game.. Luck is running for his life every play I actually feel sorry for him ..

I really think you can't blame Trent he doesn't have a line.. There's threads on here abt how bad the colts O-line is .. There's also ppl threading mocks saying the colts should draft 3 O- lineman .. Yet .. It's Trent fault for playing behind a bad line.. He's not Barry sanders .. He's 5'9 230lbs he needs a hole to get going .. The year with Donald brown he didn't know the play book and he had a nagging injury .. I can't wait for him to go to another team an crush it .. No body this year ran good behind this awful line.. Bradshaw caught the ball when he scored or he punched it in from the 1 ... Herron has a fumble a game and one big run an can't block so please .. Watch the games I watch every game.. Luck is running for his life every play I actually feel sorry for him ..

Realistically Trent should occasionally have a great run even with horrible blocking. His great runs though are usually less then 10 yards. He is slow, has no vision or improvisational skills, he just slowly plods in one direction. If he wants the hole to be somewhere then that's where he runs to, he will run past a good hole to get to where he wants a hole to be, even when nothing is there.

The Elway trade was the equivalent of giving up Luck for Chance Warmack and a first round pick.

Ugoh being bad was exactly my point. He was as bad at his position as Trent, but he cost 2 high picks (a 1st and high 2nd).

Hughes is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, and we got a terrible LB who isn't on the roster anymore.

The TRich trade might not be the worst, but it's only 2nd to the Elway trade as the dumbest.