Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

Nothing you post make any since at all!   Once again you reply with some off the wall crap that has nothing to do with my post. I wasn't comparing O-lines in any way at all.  I stated that Bradshaw or Boom had never played in the playoffs or bad weather playoffs for us, but Bradshaw had done it for the Giants.   That in no way shape or form is comparing O-lines, so what in gods sake are you talking about, when you say?      "  you attribute success with them under a different line to the Colts, but refuse to give Trent credit for a different line than when he was at Alabama"     could you please tell me how that  is related to what I said in any way at all?    I'll try to help you understand a little better

1- I didn't compare lines- but,  Brown, Bradshaw and Boom all excel behind the same line, that Trent sucks running behind.  Maybe Trent's the problem.

2- If someone were comparing lines you need to realize that the Giants and Colts are in the NFL and Alabama is a college team. So that wouldn't work.

3- When replying to a post- You actually need to say something that is remotely associated with that  post.

Once again you take something I say and run with it.  I was simply making an addition to a single statement about the lines.  It only takes a little bit of brain capacity to see that.  It seems like it's hard for you to interpret my thoughts.  Im not about to comment or respond directly to YOUR points, so if you can't understand my thought process I'm not gonna explain myself.  I like how you have all of your points numbered like I can't follow you.  I get what your saying, but I need to be the one fragmenting your phrases with bolded and italic text, so you can follow me.  Like I said before, I'd rather not waste my time talking to somebody who has the IQ of dirt.  You reiterate your points to so much it would make a mime scream STHU.  Please quit commenting, well go ahead, because I am done and I don't have read your nonsense.  It's my fault if I keep this going so HAVE A GOOD DAY SIR :thmup:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am now convinced that Richardson is gonna turn it around these last 4 games. Forget the 12 games he sucked in this season, he was saving it all for these last 4. He wants revenge for the Browns being the first to realize he sucks.

I do find it funny that Trent has very few fans left in Indy, but thinks he's still loved in Cleveland. The only thing they love about him in Cleveland is the fact that they managed to unload him before he was completely exposed as a bust.

What the fudge are you talking about, guy? We're talking about Richardson, not Cribbs....

The page must not have refreshed properly.  Happens a bunch on my work cpu.  I apologize!!  When I originally saw your comment from what you were responding to the only text that showed on my screen was the link to an article (that I didn't read) and then on the next line. 

was wondering how Josh Cribbs is doing?  (The other few paragraphs didn't appear)

So I automatically assumed your comment "There may be some merit to this. Watched some of his rookie highlights and he was definitely a little more explosive at the start of his runs. He just doesn't look like the same player anymore" was about Josh Cribbs.  Now that I can see the whole post and comment I can clearly see it was directed to Richardson.

I apologize for being so sarcastic lol

Once again you take something I say and run with it.  I was simply making an addition to a single statement about the lines.  It only takes a little bit of brain capacity to see that.  It seems like it's hard for you to interpret my thoughts.  Im not about to comment or respond directly to YOUR points, so if you can't understand my thought process I'm not gonna explain myself.  I like how you have all of your points numbered like I can't follow you.  I get what your saying, but I need to be the one fragmenting your phrases with bolded and italic text, so you can follow me.  Like I said before, I'd rather not waste my time talking to somebody who has the IQ of dirt.  You reiterate your points to so much it would make a mime scream STHU.  Please quit commenting, well go ahead, because I am done and I don't have read your nonsense.  It's my fault if I keep this going so HAVE A GOOD DAY SIR :thmup:

And what a freaking pathetic addition to a single statement it was, comparing NFL O-lines to a college O-line.  Wonder how low the IQ level has to go, to get to that kind of thinking, Your darn right it's hard to interpret your thoughts, your so all over the place nobody knows what the heck your trying to say, and as far as  "I'm not about to comment or respond directly to YOUR points"  I have to call BULLCRAP on that one, you just did it again   an then you give us the classic  "Please quit commenting, well go ahead, because I am done and I don't have read your nonsense"  yeah it sounds like you have a real high IQ.    Never have I ever seen someone post so much scrambled up nonsense in my life, and you have not made a valid point yet, to back up any of that hair brained nonsense.       You've made so many excuses for Trent, your in total desperation mode now, your about to blow a fuse, chill out, accept it  "Trent sucks"  it's okay to say it, give in to the truth, it will set you free.      

I think I'm going to take a break from this thread for awhile, because some people are just giving me a headache!  Hopefully Trent has a great game against his former team and follows through with his words.  My last few words(for now)...  Some of you better hope Trent continues to fail because I plan on harassing a few "fans" if he comes back strong and makes you look like a fool :)

Yes, we have been getting that warning for almost two seasons now

Next week it will be " these next three games Trent's gonna turn it around". Then "these next two..... ". Then " this last game"

Then once the playoffs are over it will be, "this off season ...".

Sometimes you gotta throw in the towel, man.

Maybe Trent is like Santa's sleigh in Elf and if we all believe enough the magic will happen .... But probably not.

Richardson was solid today with the opportunities he had.  30 yards, 4.3 ypc.  We just didn't run much.

which was a mistake, I understand being down you throw but the strength of the Browns D is their pass D, their weakness is their run D and the Colts didn't really challenge it much. They went right into the teeth of the Browns D from the word go. It worked out but I thought they should have ran more.

No matter where you stand on the Richardson spectrum, one thing everyone can agree on is that he most certainly wasn't worth the 1st rounder.... I dont care if you are related to the guy, we could've had someone like Dominique Easley(DE - Cardinals) or Bradley Roby (CB - Broncos) who would've been so much more helpful to our team than Trent.... RB's are a dime a dozen these days.... Boom came from the practice squad for gods sake and compared to Trent he is tearing it up....

I doubt we'll see anyone use a 1st rounder on a RB again unless there is an exceptional circumstance. 

I agree with this.  He hasn't lived up to that billing.  Part of it is on him.  Part is on a horrid offensive line.  I know a lot is said that other players produce.  But good run blocking has a way of making RBs look good.  Remember the 1995 Colts?  They were so good at run blocking that whether you put in Faulk, Warren, Crocket, or whoever, they did well.  Sure, Faulk was a good RB, but they others weren't much.  If Trent Richardson was running behind that line, we would look at him much differently.  I have watched much Coaches Film on NFL.com to see different angles.  Their simply is rarely a hole for our RBs.  Sure, we hit some once in awhile, but mostly the gabs are controlled.  Harrison is a poor run blocker and Thornton often is as well.

If this is being accepted as a solid game for him, will the standards cannot get much lower I guess.

In some ways, yeah, that is true.  But I think also I was pointing out he was running hard.  He was moving the pile.  If he doesn't get the carries, he can't be blamed for that. Not to make excuses for the guy, but I think the injury was bothering him more than was talked about.  I would imagine why the coaching staff gives him break.  He looked quicker earlier in the year.  Also, it does help when someone blocks once in awhile.  Boom was less effective running yesterday so it is not just Richardson.

In some ways, yeah, that is true. But I think also I was pointing out he was running hard. He was moving the pile. If he doesn't get the carries, he can't be blamed for that. Not to make excuses for the guy, but I think the injury was bothering him more than was talked about. I would imagine why the coaching staff gives him break. He looked quicker earlier in the year. Also, it does help when someone blocks once in awhile. Boom was less effective running yesterday so it is not just Richardson.

We never even committed to running at any point after the opening drive where Trent was stuffed on consecutive runs. You can't get into a rhythm with the sporadic play calling we saw yesterday. Trent is still a worthless back in my opinion, but I wouldn't blame yesterday's struggles running the ball squarely on him or the o line

No matter where you stand on the Richardson spectrum, one thing everyone can agree on is that he most certainly wasn't worth the 1st rounder.... I dont care if you are related to the guy, we could've had someone like Dominique Easley(DE - Cardinals) or Bradley Roby (CB - Broncos) who would've been so much more helpful to our team than Trent.... RB's are a dime a dozen these days.... Boom came from the practice squad for gods sake and compared to Trent he is tearing it up....

Easley is with the Patriots, Snap numbers have not been updated yet for this past week added onto the rest of the season BUT prior to this week he had played a total of 252 snaps for the season, I don't know why but he has played more then well enough to get more playing time, My fear for the kid is they are trying to have him gain plenty of weight...20llbs or so...Pure speculation on my part but its common for teams to do that......I like Easley a lot and if that's the case I just hope it don't ruin his acceleration off the ball

Easley is with the Patriots, Snap numbers have not been updated yet for this past week added onto the rest of the season BUT prior to this week he had played a total of 252 snaps for the season, I don't know why but he has played more then well enough to get more playing time, My fear for the kid is they are trying to have him gain plenty of weight...20llbs or so...Pure speculation on my part but its common for teams to do that......I like Easley a lot and if that's the case I just hope it don't ruin his acceleration off the ball

I dont know why I wrote Cardinals back there... I definitely meant Patriots..

Richardson was solid today with the opportunities he had.  30 yards, 4.3 ypc.  We just didn't run much.

Let me jump the gun like every other Trent hater on here and over exaggerate a little bit.  Trent had 7 carries for 30 yards= 4.3 YPC  Boom had 8 Rushes for 26 yards= 3.25 YPC.  Herron sucked it up today.  That performance is unacceptable.  We need to get rid of him immediately.  Trent ran behind the same line as Boom, why did he do better?  We need to give Trent more carries because he is obviously doing better, the stats don't lie.........,........       .................   ..................   On and on and on and on we go lol

1. If Rice doesn't cost us a draft pick or a lot of money, then I like the idea of bringing him in and have him on track for the playoffs. There was an article on CBS sports yesterday and I agree with the points said. Coach knows and likes the kid and I trust Pagano on that. Luck needs a runing game, he's doing too much and making mistakes because of that.

If this is being accepted as a solid game for him, will the standards cannot get much lower I guess.

Is 8 carries 26 Yards with a 3.25 YPC avg accpetable?  That is what Boom had against the Browns!  Everyone lets him off the hook because of one big run against a crap defense.  49 yards for a TD really skews data.  Take that away and his avg, is around where Bradshaw's is.  You will start to see the more carries Boom gets his average will go down...

Is 8 carries 26 Yards with a 3.25 YPC avg accpetable?  That is what Boom had against the Browns!  Everyone lets him off the hook because of one big run against a crap defense.  49 yards for a TD really skews data.  Take that away and his avg, is around where Bradshaw's is.  You will start to see the more carries Boom gets his average will go down...

That's how it works with most backs. They will get carries for 2 yards, 3 yards, -2 yards, and then break a big run. That's how they keep their YPC average up. Trent does not have the ability or speed to break a big run and that's why his numbers have been so low. 

Also, you can't take away Boom's big run, because that's his playing style. He's an explosive back capable of hitting a home run at any time. Not comparing the two, but Barry Sanders would run for 20 yards in a half and then break an 80-yard run and finish the game with over 100 yards rushing, with a YPC of over 5. 

That's how it works with most backs. They will get carries for 2 yards, 3 yards, -2 yards, and then break a big run. That's how they keep their YPC average up. Trent does not have the ability or speed to break a big run and that's why his numbers have been so low. 

Also, you can't take away Boom's big run, because that's his playing style. He's an explosive back capable of hitting a home run at any time. Not comparing the two, but Barry Sanders would run for 20 yards in a half and then break an 80-yard run and finish the game with over 100 yards rushing, with a YPC of over 5. 

I get your point, but Trent isn't that type of back so you cant really compare him to Boom.  Trent is a power back that depends on blocking up the middle, which he never receives, so you kind of got to discount the negative yards he does get.  Either way YPC isn't everything that defines a good RB.  Trent blocks much better than Dan (except against the Browns), but I never hear how great Trent is at recognizing and picking up blitzes, and how bad Herron is at doing the same task.

I get your point, but Trent isn't that type of back so you cant really compare him to Boom.  Trent is a power back that depends on blocking up the middle, which he never receives, so you kind of got to discount the negative yards he does get.  Either way YPC isn't everything that defines a good RB.  Trent blocks much better than Dan (except against the Browns), but I never hear how great Trent is at recognizing and picking up blitzes, and how bad Herron is at doing the same task.

This may be a "chicken or the egg' type of argument -- do we get a better O-line to block for Trent or do we get a better RB that can run behind our O-line? All of the other backs seem to do fine behind our O-line.

Also, the only praise that Trent receives consistently on this board is his ability to block and catch passes out of the backfield. It get's mentioned plenty.

Trent averaged over 4 ypc in a game !!!!!! He beat out a guy who realistically wasn't supposed to play this season in a game !!!!

Trent is amazing !!!!!

Whoever thought that a 3rd overall pick could beat a 3rd string running back in a game ?

Trent isn't a bust at all, 3 or 4 years he could beat a 2nd string back in a game .... That would be so awesome.

Nobody every proclaimed Boom great, but he has been performing at a higher level then Trent. Plus Boom was catching some balls, which is something the Trent loyalist like to proclaim Trent does exceptionally well and try to add into his stats because his ground game always sucks.

Where was the big game Trent promised ? He hit average .... That was him unleashing the beast on Cleveland.

Trent averaged over 4 ypc in a game !!!!!! He beat out a guy who realistically wasn't supposed to play this season in a game !!!!

Trent is amazing !!!!!

Whoever thought that a 3rd overall pick could beat a 3rd string running back in a game ?

Trent isn't a bust at all, 3 or 4 years he could beat a 2nd string back in a game .... That would be so awesome.

Nobody every proclaimed Boom great, but he has been performing at a higher level then Trent. Plus Boom was catching some balls, which is something the Trent loyalist like to proclaim Trent does exceptionally well and try to add into his stats because his ground game always sucks.

Where was the big game Trent promised ? He hit average .... That was him unleashing the beast on Cleveland.

Richardson averaged 4.3 yards a game and had 30 yards, which mind you is an entire ypc better with one less attempt than Herron. Is it Richardson's fault that he was given the ball a mere seven times? What'd you expect was going to happen with so few carries? With 23 carries (not uncommon for a "feature back") he would have had 100 yards. You can be upset and sarcastic all you want but Richardson did the job he was asked to do quite well. I expect Grigson to put a few more resources into the offensive line plus with the added experience, they should open up better running lanes for Trent. Once Richardson hits the second level, he can pick up chunks of yardage. He has problems accelerating to get past the first level but if the line opened up holes to get Richardson into the open field then he'll look much better. 

Ridiculous!

Richardson averaged 4.3 yards a game and had 30 yards, which mind you is an entire ypc better with one less attempt than Herron. Is it Richardson's fault that he was given the ball a mere seven times? What'd you expect was going to happen with so few carries? With 23 carries (not uncommon for a "feature back") he would have had 100 yards. You can be upset and sarcastic all you want but Richardson did the job he was asked to do quite well. I expect Grigson to put a few more resources into the offensive line plus with the added experience, they should open up better running lanes for Trent. Once Richardson hits the second level, he can pick up chunks of yardage. He has problems accelerating to get past the first level but if the line opened up holes to get Richardson into the open field then he'll look much better.

You sure he would have churned out the yardage ? I have seen Trent break off 2 good runs to start a game then get stuffed the rest of the game. There is no guarantee Trent would have gained 6 yards with 30 more carries.

He hit average numbers, its a rare thing, celebrate it of you like, but don't pretend to know that a certain amount of carries was going to guarantee him anything.

If you wanna play that game then realistically you should take Trent's last 25 to 30 carries and see what average that brings you. You don't wanna do that though because those runs happened and they prove my point that he stinks, you hypothetical imaginary runs that never happened are much more appealing to support your argument.

You sure he would have churned out the yardage ? I have seen Trent break off 2 good runs to start a game then get stuffed the rest of the game. There is no guarantee Trent would have gained 6 yards with 30 more carries.

He hit average numbers, its a rare thing, celebrate it of you like, but don't pretend to know that a certain amount of carries was going to guarantee him anything.

If you wanna play that game then realistically you should take Trent's last 25 to 30 carries and see what average that brings you. You don't wanna do that though because those runs happened and they prove my point that he stinks, you hypothetical imaginary runs that never happened are much more appealing to support your argument.

If I take his last 25-30 carries (not including Cleveland) then it combines three games. The past three games have/had nothing to do with how Richardson ran against the Browns. If you look at his season then he's been amazingly inconsistent, further derailing your assessment that he's always below average. He had an extremely poor game against the Patriots, 6 carries for 0 yards, and he had a great (on the number of carries) game against the Bengals, 14 carries for 77 yards. He also had a good game against the Giants and decent games against Philadelphia, Baltimore and Jacksonville in addition to the Browns game. Its not as if this is the first time that Richardson has shown potential as a runner. The fact of the matter is that there are frequently defenders in the backfield and that the Colt's have a subpar offensive line. Has Richardson played as well as I would've liked thus far? No. Has he proven his worth as a first round pick? No. That being said, Trent is a young guy with potential and the Colts are going to try their best to get him to show his talent and get the most out of him that they possibly can.

He has potential ? Is that the same as he needed time to learn the playbook argument that was used last season.

What potential are you seeing ? He hit average ypc a couple of times in a season, and that means he has potential ?

Where was that potential against Washington ? That wasn't a tough defense, Boom got yards on them.

3.3 ypc is his current average, .4 ypc better then last season. At this rate in 2 years Trent will break into being average. Such potential.

If I take his last 25-30 carries (not including Cleveland) then it combines three games. The past three games have/had nothing to do with how Richardson ran against the Browns. If you look at his season then he's been amazingly inconsistent, further derailing your assessment that he's always below average. He had an extremely poor game against the Patriots, 6 carries for 0 yards, and he had a great (on the number of carries) game against the Bengals, 14 carries for 77 yards. He also had a good game against the Giants and decent games against Philadelphia, Baltimore and Jacksonville in addition to the Browns game. Its not as if this is the first time that Richardson has shown potential as a runner. The fact of the matter is that there are frequently defenders in the backfield and that the Colt's have a subpar offensive line. Has Richardson played as well as I would've liked thus far? No. Has he proven his worth as a first round pick? No. That being said, Trent is a young guy with potential and the Colts are going to try their best to get him to show his talent and get the most out of him that they possibly can.

End of story, but someone will start a new chapter lol.  Youre exactly right, but people do whatever it takes to prove their point.  You can look at the glass half empty or half full in any situation, but there sure are alot of pessimistic fans out there!

He has potential ? Is that the same as he needed time to learn the playbook argument that was used last season.

What potential are you seeing ? He hit average ypc a couple of times in a season, and that means he has potential ?

Where was that potential against Washington ? That wasn't a tough defense, Boom got yards on them.

3.3 ypc is his current average, .4 ypc better then last season. At this rate in 2 years Trent will break into being average. Such potential.

Where was Boom against the Browns?  3.4 YPC sound familiar?

I take this to mean you couldn't find a legitimate point. Coming into the league, not that long ago by the way, he was viewed as a Ladianian Tomlinson/Adrian Peterson type of prospect so yes he has potential. Unfortunately people have no patience these days and if a prospect struggles on day one then he's forever labeled a bust. Rolando McClain, our own Jerry Hughes, etc. have proven that sometimes you have to have patience with these prospects, I mean Trent is only 24 years old.

End of story, but someone will start a new chapter lol.  Youre exactly right, but people do whatever it takes to prove their point.  You can look at the glass half empty or half full in any situation, but there sure are alot of pessimistic fans out there!

Agreed. I wish the Colts had a more successful run blocking line and that Richardson would lose some bulk to regain some of the speed he's lost. I hope he succeeds because he's a Colt and it'd be nice to see him play extremely well on a consistent basis.