Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

What about when he does find a hole, why can't he pick up yards then ?

Trent needs giant holes right up the middle ..... Yeah that's not hard for a defense to game plan against.

I've seen numerous carries this year Trent has gained 5-10 yards while blocking was satisfactory.  NOT GREAT, but good!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First .. why this thread AGAIN.     .. ??

Second...    Cleveland payed nearly all of T Rich's salary.         Indy got a deal.   and took it..   

How about Dawkins, Addai, JEFF GEORGE....    Gonzo?   Hughes?   WERNER?    Heck i can go back into the 80's with Colt players who were no shows as ONES. 

Dang it is not like this team lost something of irreplaceable value.   First round picks ARE NOT LOCKS.

Get over it folks...   TRich is average as the day is long..        It won't change the fact Indy will not "ACCEPT" AND CUT BAIT.

ok, so you quoted the OP's post, but did you actually read it?  

First .. why this thread AGAIN.     .. ??

Second...    Cleveland payed nearly all of T Rich's salary.         Indy got a deal.   and took it..   

How about Dawkins, Addai, JEFF GEORGE....    Gonzo?   Hughes?   WERNER?    Heck i can go back into the 80's with Colt players who were no shows as ONES. 

Dang it is not like this team lost something of irreplaceable value.   First round picks ARE NOT LOCKS.

Get over it folks...   TRich is average as the day is long..        It won't change the fact Indy will not "ACCEPT" AND CUT BAIT.

I'm just curious as to who folks would've selected, John.....lighten up, man.

I thought I worded it to avoid having someone auger thru the ceiling.

Thanks for posting!  Now lets sit back and see the numerous of better choices that were a lock to be something great.  It's the same players people are mentioning.  I'm not so sure we would've drafted a safety anyway.  Afterall we didn't patch that in the draft through any other pick.  I think people just love to hate, because all these average Joes have such an eye for talent :)  What if we drafted Trent or RG3 instead of Luck and they panned out the same way?  Would most of you even be here claiming you're a Colts fan?

Everyone talks about how the Browns won easily, but honestly the Browns got Manziel, who doesn't seem to have an NFl future to me. It's a lose/lose.

Why do people not get that how the Browns used the pick has no bearing on the pick's value.  The picks value is based on who was available at #26 (or who besides Trent we could have traded it for).

Search YouTube for his NFL highlights ....

Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell both have highlight videos from their college days too.

I wouldn't say either of those players fell out of the league because of a 'lack of talent' like Richardson is accused of. Both of those players suffered from other issues, namely a lack of commitment to improving their craft but they both, like Richardson, have/had talent. Whether Richardson is struggling due to his newfound bulk and therefore diminished speed (my belief), a bad scheme match or blocking, the point is that he has talent. As much as I think he could improve with a better run blocking line, I think he could make significant progress if he lost some of his muscle and regained some of the speed he looks like he's lost. I also think as the Colts change culturally to become more of a running team that the team will gain confidence and find it easier to run. Certain teams, namely the teams in the NFC west and AFC north, have established themselves as running teams and can seemingly plug anyone in at running back and excel. Other teams, such as us, appear to struggle to run to the point I could see us have a hard time even if we had Adrian Peterson from his MVP season.

This past years draft was deep- I don't have a specific answer to the OP's question, but Moncrief, Mewhort and Newsome look like solid picks.

Jimmy Ward

Done Buccanon

Kelvin Benjamin

All were on the board at our pick just to name a few

So if you feel any of them are better than Trent..... You could say them

Thanks for posting!  Now lets sit back and see the numerous of better choices that were a lock to be something great.  It's the same players people are mentioning.  I'm not so sure we would've drafted a safety anyway.  Afterall we didn't patch that in the draft through any other pick.  I think people just love to hate, because all these average Joes have such an eye for talent :)  What if we drafted Trent or RG3 instead of Luck and they panned out the same way?  Would most of you even be here claiming you're a Colts fan?

Any team that would have passed on Luck deserves to lose all of their fans. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that was never even considered.

Why do people not get that how the Browns used the pick has no bearing on the pick's value.  The picks value is based on who was available at #26 (or who besides Trent we could have traded it for).

This. The fact that the Browns may or may not have blown the pick doesn't have anything to do with the value of the pick itself. Especially when you consider the fact that the Colts most certainly would NOT have picked Manziel. The Eagles wound up with that pick, and took Marcus Smith. That would have been a great pick for us, but one that I doubt we would have made at #26.

I'll just name the next 15 non-QB/TEs taken: Buchanon, Benjamin, Easley, Ward, Roby, Su'a-Filo, Lawrence, Bitonio, Hageman, Lee, Van Noy, Joyner, Matthews, Richburg, Kouandjio. Some of those guys look like bad picks, but virtually any of them would have been able to produce more for us than Richardson or Manziel, setting aside injuries.

I would absolutely love to see Trent w/ 100+ yards and a TD or 2, while jumping into the pound, like he promised he would. Im sure all these haters would disappear... until his next unsatisfactory game, then they would want his head again!

I would love to see that happen, but its super unlikely. He's just simply not good. There's still time for him to turn things around, but its not looking very good.

The only obvious thing to me is that Trent can't display his running abilities because the interior line. Please tell me you do see the middle of the offensive line get blown up ALL THE TIME! I have never said, Trent was great or his YPC isn't his fault. I like to point out to those who only look at that stat, he isn't the only problem with our run game.

Yes the interior of the line isn't good, but funny that Brown last year, Bradshaw and Herron this year, seem to be able to run behind it.

Hmmm. Why's that? I used to be excited about T Rich coming, but these last few weeks have shown me that he's just not good. He's also really slow.

Nice post. Some fans react like we are the the Redskins and traded three #1s and a #2 to pick RGIII. Richardson hasn't lived up to his draft status. But at that slot, a RB or any other position is a hit/miss proposition anyways.

giving up a 1st round pick for a player who has done almost nothing is certainly a big deal.

To those saying bitonio, doubt u Woulda said that b4 the draft. It's easy to say now that he's performed well. Back to the OP I would have probably taken ward.

There actually was a few of us pretty high on Bitonio, you probably shouldn't lump everyone into "To those saying Bitonio"

Everyone talks about how the Browns won easily, but honestly the Browns got Manziel, who doesn't seem to have an NFl future to me. It's a lose/lose.

Or the fact that Cleveland traded up to the 22nd pick to get him. No one mentions the fact the Browns also gave up a lot to move up the 3rd in 2012 for Trent and paid something like 18 million of his contract for a year and a few games. Indy gets Trent for 3 years - 6 million if I remember correctly.People only focus on that draft pick. The Colts are still doing better than the Browns while their 1st round pick sits on the bench.

One of the safties or Bitonio..

This thread makes me feel so much worse about that trade.... I'll never understand why we gave up a first for any RB much less one with a so-so first season under his belt.  Looking at the draft its easy (in hindsight) to see all the RB talent sitting there in the 2nd and 3rd...why Grigs, why!?!? :Gaah:

Hopefully the team has learned from this one and never makes the same mistake again

Another WR or Offensive Lineman to help that awful O-Line

But then again, coaches might've benched that draft pick like they did Shipley

Or a CB, or another Pass Rushed

Anyone really would've been better than Richardson

Why don't you just put your hatred of the Shipley benching into your signature, it would save time having to post it into every topic, related or not. 

Remember Cleveland gave up 3 later picks to move up to get Trent. I don't see how Grig's can really be killed for the trade Trent had a pretty good rookie season on terrible Browns team. He was marked the next AP. Grig's went for it and it didn't work sometimes things don't work the way you want. I don't think anyone thought Trent could be this bad. Hind sight is 20/20.

Yes the interior of the line isn't good, but funny that Brown last year, Bradshaw and Herron this year, seem to be able to run behind it.

Hmmm. Why's that? I used to be excited about T Rich coming, but these last few weeks have shown me that he's just not good. He's also really slow.

Brown Bradshaw and Herron ARE NOT power backs!  That's why it's so important for the interior to play well, for Trent to succeed.  I think Brown was only lucky.  After teams started to take notice of his early work on the season, they were shutting him down at the end of the season.  I mean how many D coordinators were worried about a 3rd string back?  He hasn't had ANY good seasons besides that one last year.  Bradshaw and Boom have speed aka they don't go up the middle much like Trent.  Boom also very rarely sees a stacked box.  BTW these are not excuses why Trent doesn't put up numbers, it's my point of view of what I recognize while watching games.  I think you would agree if we only ran Boom up the middle!!  But we wont, we shouldn't, and I'm glad we don't.  That's not his style.  I just wished our inexperienced line would perform better, and get better at run blocking.  That wont happen for a few years though, because that is asking alot of 3 individuals who lack experience w/o leadership.  It's plain and simple.  That's why I defend Trent, because most people are just to naieve to notice alot of what is going on.  Of course Trent doesn't help his cause any being slower and hesitating, but I kind of trace that back to last year when he was criticized for being too impatient and running into the back of defenders, where there was STILL no holes!

Why don't you just put your hatred of the Shipley benching into your signature, it would save time having to post it into every topic, related or not. 

That's a very good idea!  That's what I should probably do because I get on here everday to defend Trent...  But I like my sig now! :)

No accountability. 

Yeah, that's not good.  This is pure speculation on my part, but I can't help but think maybe Pagano's very loving, father-like approach is partly to blame.  I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, so I can't say anything for sure.  But in media conferences and interviews, he's always raving about how Richardson (and all the guys, really) are such great warriors and such incredible athletes and everything.  Maybe that gets to their head and leads to Richardson thinking he's not playing poorly.

But again, that's purely unsubstantiated speculation

It's a love hate relationship w/ me on this thread.  I hate repeating myself, but I will keep defending him because I'm a loyal fan!  Trent NEEDS a good interior line to perform well.  If other fans think our line is fine then they would realize all of Herron's and Bradshaw's good runs never came in between the guards and center.  Trent simply isn't fast enough to turn on the jets and get to the outside.  He needs a good line up the middle to do their jobs.  Ironically enough that is where our young guys are.  Im not bashing them either.  They do a decent job, for how young they are.  Although I think we need to replace Thornton, but Harrison and Mewhort will be very good in a few years.  I forgot who posted it, but if Trent ran behind NE's line he would look like good.  He is still very young also, and I'm really afraid if he gets let go, he will go to a team with a good line and show people what's up, but that wont matter to any1 then...  I just don't understand the people who enjoy watching him fail either.  Is it a satisfaction seeing somebody not do good or because his current stats back up their hypothesis?  If so become a sports writer or a scientist!!  If you're a fan of the Colts you should want to see anybody who puts that horseshoe on succeed.  It's all just a little bizarre to me.

But to tell you how much I am rooting for him.  I bought his jersey towards the end of last year during his struggles.  It was like a $120 jersey.  On Black Friday this past week I went to the same store (MC Sports), they had the last 3 Richardson jersey's on clearance (same jersey).  From the same order they had when I first bought mine last year.  The jersey's were on sale for $9.95 a piece.  I just about had a stroke in the middle of the store.  I said to myself that is disrespectful!! I grabbed the remaining jerseys and waited in line for 45 mins so I can give them out for Christmas presents. 

The only jersey left in the store is #12, and I asked the cashier why?  He replied because that's the only jersey that sells.  Which leads me to my final thought.  If you call yourself a fan, but only like Andrew Luck, or like him because he is popular, then are you a true fan?  This same store had former Colts jerseys merely a few months ago of Austin Collie, Dallas Clark, and Pierre Garcon, that were in stock since these players left.  It's not like nobody ever shops there.  For sakes, the store is in the Glenbrook Mall in Ft. Wayne (which is the 2nd biggest city in Indiana), and that mall is the main shopping center in the heart of the city.  That just goes to show you how some of our fan base is filled with sorry individuals.  Sad to say but it reminds me of a lot of people on this forum...

What a total load of bullcrap, I wanted him to succeed as much as anybody on this board, I pulled for him all the way. I'm not a Trent hater, but I'm not a Trent lover either, I am a true fan and want what's best for the team, at this point it's obvious to everyone but you Trent lovers and I mean everyone, that Trent is not a good football player, and not helping the team, your questioning someone as a fan because they don't want Trent  playing is a joke.

I'm sure there are Matt Hassleback fans that want him, to start over Andrew Luck too, but that is not the best thing for the team. Trent's terrible play is hurting the Colts, and what you were in college, high school or midget ball has nothing to do with what you are, or are not in the pro's. Look at the tape of what he has done as a pro, that's all that matters, why would me or anyone else go back and look at the tape of him at Alabama and think that is what he can do in the NFL. There are literally hundreds of great college players that just weren't good enough or talented enough to make it in the NFL. it is a higher level than college ball, a level that Trent obviously doesn't have the talent for. Why would you want an inferior player playing for your team if you are a true fan. Wanting someone to do good is one thing, wanting them to keep getting carries after it's been proven they can't cut it doesn't make you a true Colts fan, it makes you a Trent lover, who in spite of his horrible play and lack of contribution to the team, wants him to continue to get carries, if you don't want what's best for the team then your not much of a Colt fan.

Where you were drafted will effect how your career starts out, but if your good enough you will show your talent and in the long run you will succeed. It has been handed to Trent on a gold platter, he was traded to a playoff team, not a bottom feeder, and the Colts have bent over backwards to try to make him successful. They gave him the job, he hasn't had to earn anything, because you earn by your play. Trent would have been benched or cut if he played for any other team. I have never seen a team make it so easy for a guy to succeed and he still can't do it. He was brought in to the most perfect situation any player could ask for, a great QB that puts so much pressure on the defense that they can't worry about the RB and every single back that has carried the ball in this offense Brown. Bradshaw and now Herron has succeeded but one, just face it people, this guy sucks. You don't have to be a Trent hater to realize this guy is hurting the team, but you have to be a Trent lover to want him to continue to get carries and hurt this team.