Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

Me too.

I've been trying to not comment on this....I was one of the optimistic ones hoping that this season he would turn it around. He's had a few good runs, and I believe he is still a great receiving back and blocker. Boom has outplayed him yardage wise so far, that's a fact. Boom is a slasher that makes something out of nothing with his speed, by nothing I mean the horrible job our O-line does at run blocking. T-Rich is not a slasher, and needs to have a good Blocking O line to do his thing, like in Alabama. Maybe someday our line will provide that, maybe not? If he does go to another team maybe he will succeed with a better line IDK. I'm not like a lot of people on this thread who seem to get off on bashing him and seem to enjoy watching him fail, saying haha I told you so, or he sucks, or I wish I could pull up old conversations, bla blah blah.....I'm still pulling for this young man to turn it around and maybe start producing more, hopefully it's not too late.

At this point it is the coaching staff that's being bashed for letting him start and get the most carries, fans don't hate Trent but it's obvious that he just can't cut it and should be benched.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not talented?  Go to YouTube and watch his highlights from his days at Alabama.  Ask Crimson Tide fans, if you still think your eyes are fooling you!  Why was he heavily recruited and apart of one of the most dominating dynasties to in CFB history?

What he did at Alabama, high school, midget ball or pee wees, has nothing to do with what he can do in the NFL. Watch what he has done in two years as a Colt. It's obvious he's not very good at al,l and I doubt he has a future once he's no longer a Colt. How can you or anyone else not see it?

Yeah, that's not good.  This is pure speculation on my part, but I can't help but think maybe Pagano's very loving, father-like approach is partly to blame.  I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, so I can't say anything for sure.  But in media conferences and interviews, he's always raving about how Richardson (and all the guys, really) are such great warriors and such incredible athletes and everything.  Maybe that gets to their head and leads to Richardson thinking he's not playing poorly.

But again, that's purely unsubstantiated speculation

That kind of approach don't work for all the players, Some players prefer a hard*** coach...That's not to say Pagano isn't behind closed doors or cant be....I actually think he can be and is when he has to be...I however think he is still learning on the job quite a bit and really leaning on his staff for a lot.....moreso then for example a Bill B would have to or a Jeff Fisher...At least on the offensive side of the ball and sometimes I think game management to

You can't convince him(Jackcolt), he is a Trent hater..

No I'm not a Tent hater, I'm not a Hatt Hassleback hate eitherr, because I don't want him to start over Andrew Luck. I'm a true fan and want what's best for the team and it's obvious that Trent, is not what's best for the team. You are Trent lovers and that's fine, but it doesn't make fans who no longer want a guy that's holding back the team, as the starter a hater, it makes us want what's best for the team. 

Point taken.  I also think a lot of good QB's fail because they get drafted to a terrible team.  The truly great players can overcome that hurdle (ie Luck& Manning), but even for them it's no easy task.  The difference of being a great player in college and translating it to the NFL can be the franchise you're in though.  If the best QB gets picked first and the 4th best QB gets drafted 28th to a very good team and sits a year to mature and learn, then they have just as good of a chance to succeed (if not better) than the best QB in that draft.  Not saying he is better but if Russell Wilson went to say the Redskins and RG3 went to Seattle you think maybe their career paths would've been (maybe a little) different?  You think Wilson could lead those Redskins to a SB last season?  Meanwhile (IF) RG3 doesn't get injured again and is just a game manager like he was his rookie season, perhaps RG3 could've lead Seattle deep into the playoffs, backed by Lynch, their good WR's and stellar defense!

You do realize Trent was traded to a playoff team, with a great QB that puts so much pressure on a defense that the defense has to focus on the QB, not the RB. You can't be put in a more favorable situation for a RB than Trent fell into, is the O-line great no, but He is the only back since he got here, that hasn't succeeded. Don't you think it has something to do with Trent.

Yeah, that's not good.  This is pure speculation on my part, but I can't help but think maybe Pagano's very loving, father-like approach is partly to blame.  I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, so I can't say anything for sure.  But in media conferences and interviews, he's always raving about how Richardson (and all the guys, really) are such great warriors and such incredible athletes and everything.  Maybe that gets to their head and leads to Richardson thinking he's not playing poorly.

But again, that's purely unsubstantiated speculation

Wonder how the oline feels getting basically thrown under the bus every time Pagano answers questions about Richardson. "The blocks weren't there", "he's getting hit in the backfield a lot" "he's playing well" (if you consider 3.0 YPC good then you're basically saying the oline is to blame).

Trent just needs giant holes right up the middle and he will be in the HOF. Why didn't anyone tell me this before ?

Except when the defense sees Trent is in and no exactly where he is gonna run because he can't run anywhere else. Seems to me that would be pretty easy to defend against.

"Hey look its Trent behind Luck, he's gonna run up the middle again. Send the linebackers and the safeties to the middle. "

That's if he doesn't dance until his giant hole he needs closes.

No I'm not a Tent hater, I'm not a Hatt Hassleback hate eitherr, because I don't want him to start over Andrew Luck. I'm a true fan and want what's best for the team and it's obvious that Trent, is not what's best for the team. You are Trent lovers and that's fine, but it doesn't make fans who no longer want a guy that's holding back the team, as the starter a hater, it makes us want what's best for the team. 

If you want whats best for the team then you would be up for changes on the interior O Line so we could actually have a power run game.  Sure Boom and Bradshaw are decent backs but they can't ever be a workhorse and carry us through bad weather games during playoffs.  They wouldn't be able to be utilized at all really.  That's why teams like the Patriots Steelers Packers and Giants have been so successful in the past decade, and ultimately a big reason why the Colts only have 1 SB during that time period.  That's what Alabama had w/ Trent and other backs.  What made this work so well you ask?  A dominant interior line!  Which we have 2 rookies and a underwhelming 2 year player in Thornton in that spot.

Im sure I cant change your mind, but until we have that I don't see Luck winning a SB solely on his shoulders.

Trent just needs giant holes right up the middle and he will be in the HOF. Why didn't anyone tell me this before ?

Except when the defense sees Trent is in and no exactly where he is gonna run because he can't run anywhere else. Seems to me that would be pretty easy to defend against.

"Hey look its Trent behind Luck, he's gonna run up the middle again. Send the linebackers and the safeties to the middle. "

That's if he doesn't dance until his giant hole he needs closes.

Right but if executed properly it doesn't matter who knows it's coming, some teams will still run that football down your throat.  How many runs did we know was coming straight up the middle by Jonas Grey and LaGarrett Blount in the last 2 games against the Pats?  Answer: Many!!  Could we stop it?  Answer:  No!!  Then when we commited 8-9 guys to the run we got burnt with the pass!

What he did at Alabama, high school, midget ball or pee wees, has nothing to do with what he can do in the NFL. Watch what he has done in two years as a Colt. It's obvious he's not very good at al,l and I doubt he has a future once he's no longer a Colt. How can you or anyone else not see it?

Well it's a good thing you're not a GM or scout because sometimes you take a swing and miss, but if you think you're always going to hit a home run youre wrong.  It's more than just seeing talent also.  If a player doesn't fit a certain scheme or doesn't work well w/ other types of personalities, among other things, it doesn't matter how talented a player is, if the glove doesn't fit you can't wear it!

You do realize Trent was traded to a playoff team, with a great QB that puts so much pressure on a defense that the defense has to focus on the QB, not the RB. You can't be put in a more favorable situation for a RB than Trent fell into, is the O-line great no, but He is the only back since he got here, that hasn't succeeded. Don't you think it has something to do with Trent.

Im not saying nothing is Trent's fault.  He has apparent issues with committing to a certain hole and hitting the hole fast, but those are the 2 main problems.  I believe are very fixable.

Cleveland Browns had good reason to give up on Trent Richardson -- Terry Pluto

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Trent Richardson told Cleveland area reporters that the Browns "gave up on me."

He's right, they did.

And thank goodness, they did.

Give former Browns CEO Joe Banner credit for having the guts to trade Richardson after two games into the 2013 season.

Banner knew something was wrong with Richardson. He no longer had the quickness and burst of speed that made him a great running back at Alabama. In his first 31 carriers with the Browns in 2013, Richardson's longest run was for 10 yards. He averaged 3.4 yards per attempt.

Indianapolis was desperate for a running back, and the Browns were stacking up picks for the 2014 draft. The Browns believed Richardson was destined to be a so-so back, and a chance to secure a first-round pick for him was an incredible opportunity. I wrote that I liked the deal when it was made, but I never thought Richardson would be this bad.

Consider the following:

After being traded to there Colts, he averaged a mere 2.9 yards per carry in 2013. His longest run was 22 yards.

This season, he is averaging 3.3 yards. His longest run is 27 yards. He has been bothered by a hamstring problem.

He's trending down, as Richardson has only 87 yards in 34 carries (2.6 average) in his last four games.

One of the strangest things said by Richardson (and there were a few) was this: "People have been stacking the box, I haven't been getting the same look that I was earlier in the season."

Richardson is speaking football jargon, but his claim is that the teams facing the Colts are piling up defenders on the line to stop him and the running game.

Question: Who is the quarterback for the Colts?

Answer: Andrew Luck.

Question: Why would any defense "stack the box" against one of the top passing quarterbacks in the league?

Answer: They're not.

Question: Really?

Answer: Luck leads the NFL in passing yardage. He has thrown 34 touchdown passes, No. 2 in the league. Why would any defensive coordinator say, "Let Luck throw the ball, let's shut down Richardson and the running game"?

WHAT HAPPENED TO RICHARDSON?

The Browns made Richardson the No. 3 pick in the 2012 NFL draft -- adding fourth-, fifth- and seventh-round picks in a deal with Minnesota to move one spot. They longed for Richardson so much, they didn't want to risk waiting to take him. They feared Minnesota (which had Adrian Peterson in the backfield) would trade the No. 3 pick to another team craving Richardson.

Richardson had what was supposed to be a "minor" knee surgery in the spring of 2013. He has a second surgery on the same knee late in the summer. He played the 2013 opener exactly four weeks and one day after that second operation.

My theory is the two operations robbed Richardson of the speed that made him an elite back. He has since dealt with rib injuries, leg injuries and other physical problems.

He's only 24, but performs like a very old NFL back.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_had_good_reas.html

was wondering how josh cribs is doing?

Im not saying nothing is Trent's fault.  He has apparent issues with committing to a certain hole and hitting the hole fast, but those are the 2 main problems.  I believe are very fixable.

e1736f4b-f46c-4be7-a8e4-442fb0b7a031_zps

Not at all.  I just think he is a little indecisive because the line gets blown up right off the snap and isn't sure if its going to happen again.  Also IF there is a hole normally it's the size of TY Hilton, and he can't squeeze through, so he will then do a studder step and try to bounce it outside, but by then there is 2 defenders ready to tackle him in the backfield.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Trent Richardson told Cleveland area reporters that the Browns "gave up on me."

He's right, they did.

Give former Browns CEO Joe Banner credit for having the guts to trade Richardson after two games into the 2013 season.

Banner knew something was wrong with Richardson. He no longer had the quickness and burst of speed that made him a great running back at Alabama. In his first 31 carriers with the Browns in 2013, Richardson's longest run was for 10 yards. He averaged 3.4 yards per attempt.

Indianapolis was desperate for a running back, and the Browns were stacking up picks for the 2014 draft. The Browns believed Richardson was destined to be a so-so back, and a chance to secure a first-round pick for him was an incredible opportunity. I wrote that I liked the deal when it was made, but I never thought Richardson would be this bad.

Consider the following:

After being traded to there Colts, he averaged a mere 2.9 yards per carry in 2013. His longest run was 22 yards.

This season, he is averaging 3.3 yards. His longest run is 27 yards. He has been bothered by a hamstring problem.

He's trending down, as Richardson has only 87 yards in 34 carries (2.6 average) in his last four games.

One of the strangest things said by Richardson (and there were a few) was this: "People have been stacking the box, I haven't been getting the same look that I was earlier in the season."

Richardson is speaking football jargon, but his claim is that the teams facing the Colts are piling up defenders on the line to stop him and the running game.

Question: Why would any defense "stack the box" against one of the top passing quarterbacks in the league?

Answer: Luck leads the NFL in passing yardage. He has thrown 34 touchdown passes, No. 2 in the league. Why would any defensive coordinator say, "Let Luck throw the ball, let's shut down Richardson and the running game"?

The Browns made Richardson the No. 3 pick in the 2012 NFL draft -- adding fourth-, fifth- and seventh-round picks in a deal with Minnesota to move one spot. They longed for Richardson so much, they didn't want to risk waiting to take him. They feared Minnesota (which had Adrian Peterson in the backfield) would trade the No. 3 pick to another team craving Richardson.

Richardson had what was supposed to be a "minor" knee surgery in the spring of 2013. He has a second surgery on the same knee late in the summer. He played the 2013 opener exactly four weeks and one day after that second operation.

My theory is the two operations robbed Richardson of the speed that made him an elite back. He has since dealt with rib injuries, leg injuries and other physical problems.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_had_good_reas.html

Besides your sig, I can tell you're a Browns fan!  I don't think you fully realize what is going on like most Colts fans on here, but you had part of it right.  The reason Cleveland shipped him out of town is because "he didn't fit their system"  and they wanted to stack picks for the draft.  I'm not making fun, but I truly feel sorry for that organization and fanbase, because they just can't get right.  It appears that they are making progress this year (surprisingly) but their scounts GM and Owner couldn't see talent a(at the QB position) if it smacked them in the face.  How many have they went through.  Then to make things worse, the got Johnny Football and still hasn't started in the regular season.  You honestly think he is the answer?  He is no better than RG3.  Yes, he is talented, but between his immaturity and irratic decision making he won't be an elite QB.  I'm not rooting against him but I can see him flop just like the rest of the 30+ QB's the Browns have had the last decade.  While the Colts have been pretty consistent with Peyton and now Luck.

You want to say the Browns made the right decision getting rid of Trent but then you use that pick + another to move up to get Johnny Clipboard?  GRRRRREAT MOVE!!

PS Cribbs is doing awesome!

If you want whats best for the team then you would be up for changes on the interior O Line so we could actually have a power run game.  Sure Boom and Bradshaw are decent backs but they can't ever be a workhorse and carry us through bad weather games during playoffs.  They wouldn't be able to be utilized at all really.  That's why teams like the Patriots Steelers Packers and Giants have been so successful in the past decade, and ultimately a big reason why the Colts only have 1 SB during that time period.  That's what Alabama had w/ Trent and other backs.  What made this work so well you ask?  A dominant interior line!  Which we have 2 rookies and a underwhelming 2 year player in Thornton in that spot.

Im sure I cant change your mind, but until we have that I don't see Luck winning a SB solely on his shoulders.

Why do you bring up things that have nothing to do with what I said in your response to my post. It makes no sense at all

1- Did I say I didn't want a better O line? or that a better O-line wouldn't be better for the team-  NO I DIDN'T   I would love a better O-line. I just pointed out that Trent runs behind  the same O-line as Ballard, Brown, Bradshaw, and Herron, and they all run behind that same line just fine.

2- You said Boom and Bradshaw can't ever be a workhorse and carry us through bad weather during the playoffs,   Since neither has ever played for us in the playoffs, how the hell would you know that?  Bradshaw played in the bad weather for the Giants and won two Super Bowls.   So are you saying that Richardson would all of a sudden start playing good a lead us through the playoffs?    BaaaHaaa  BaaaHaaa

3- Yes we have two rookies and a underwhelming 2nd year player on the interior of our line.   But that doesn't change the fact that all the other backs that run behind that line do just fine, only Richardson can't produce behind that line.  Do you think if the line was better that Richardson would get better and all the other guys would regress and play at a lower level.

4- Are you a relative of Richardson's, I can't think of any other reason that you just can't except the fact that he sucks and every other back that runs behind the same line doesn't.

5- They don't run different plays for Richardson, they run the exact same plays as everyone else, just unsuccessfully when Richardson runs them. I guess the O-line blocks for the other backs, and all get together and decide not to block foe Trent.  BaaaHaaaaaaa  give me a break.

6- It easy to tell when someone can't make a valid point, they get desperate and start saying things that have nothing to do with the post they are responding to, reaching for anything to back up their desperate, baseless points.

Right but if executed properly it doesn't matter who knows it's coming, some teams will still run that football down your throat.  How many runs did we know was coming straight up the middle by Jonas Grey and LaGarrett Blount in the last 2 games against the Pats?  Answer: Many!!  Could we stop it?  Answer:  No!!  Then when we commited 8-9 guys to the run we got burnt with the pass!

We could have stopped it, if it had been Trent Richardson running at us BaaaHaaa

Besides your sig, I can tell you're a Browns fan!  I don't think you fully realize what is going on like most Colts fans on here, but you had part of it right.  The reason Cleveland shipped him out of town is because "he didn't fit their system"  and they wanted to stack picks for the draft.  I'm not making fun, but I truly feel sorry for that organization and fanbase, because they just can't get right. 

PS Cribbs is doing awesome!

glad cribbs is doing good.  as for trich. well he didn't live up to expectations in Cleveland or from what I read on this board here? and we are 7 and 5. maybe we are starting to get it right. :goodluck:

Guy is all over the place with his Trent excuses. GM's take the best player that fits there scheme, then goes on to tell us Trent doesn't fit out scheme.

Browns can't draft, Browns drafted Trent who will be the greatest of all time once he gets the right line blocking for him.

Wouldn't it just be easier to admit that Trent sucks and the Browns pulled a fast one on Grigson ?

How is it that everyone in the free world agrees that Trent's a bust but you know differently ?

Trent is the only player I have ever seen dance around a defensive player who has been blocked to the ground until that defense player can grab his ankle and pull him down.

Trent is not elusive, even when he finds a hole up the middle he gets very minimum gain. He doesn't make players miss often and on the rare occasion he does it slows his already sluggish stride down so much that he is tackled by someone else right away.

Bradshaw was far from a speed back and he managed to get yards with this line.

Most the members of this forum could probably match Trent's average if the giant holes he needs to go up the middle were there every time.

I have never in my life heard people try to make excuse after excuse for someone who obviously isn't any good.

I understand that many members here had hopes last season that Trent would improve, but he hasn't, he still plays the game just like he did last season. He is slow, indecisive, has no vision, and dances behind the line when he should be running for any crack available.

Who in their right mind would build a run game around someone who has shown the lack of ability that Trent has shown since joining the NFL.

He just isn't good, accept it and hope we draft a good back next year.

Well it's a good thing you're not a GM or scout because sometimes you take a swing and miss, but if you think you're always going to hit a home run youre wrong.  It's more than just seeing talent also.  If a player doesn't fit a certain scheme or doesn't work well w/ other types of personalities, among other things, it doesn't matter how talented a player is, if the glove doesn't fit you can't wear it!

What does any of this have to do with the post you are responding to..Here you go again making no point at all

1- did I say your always going to hit a home run, or anything that has anything to do with your response at all  NO!!-  I don't know what this has to do with anything, but it sounds like you realize that Richardson was a huge mistake, hence you can't hit a home run everytime.

2- If a player doesn't fit a certain scheme (don't know where this came from) you don't bring him in, especially when he doesn't fit any scheme.

3- If a player is so mentally fragile, that he doesn't fit with certain personalities, then he is so soft and fragile that he's not going to make it in the NFL anyway.

4- Do you really believe that when teams prepare for us that they go back and look at college film of a particular player?  answer NO  they don't give a crap what he did in college, high school midget or pee wees.  Because on those levels, that is the level of competition he is playing against. Like I said there are many great college players that just can't cut it in the NFL.   Who he was four years ago at Alabama is not who he is now in the NFL.    At Alabama he had holes big enough to drive a tractor trailer through, he didn't have to have vision, just run through the open acre. In the NFL you have to have vision and see the hole developing.

1- He has no vision at all-  He chooses the wrong hole way more often than he chooses the correct one. His vision is so bad, I have many times, seen him run past the correct hole to get to the wrong one, and get stopped for no gain or for a loss. Vision is the most important asset for a back to have, Trent's vision is as bad as any I have ever seen.

2- He has no burst at all- once you have the vision to see the hole you must have the burst ,to get through the hole. On most of Trent's carries he looks like he is jogging at half speed when he hits the hole. I don't know if it's because he isn't sure he's hitting the right hole or not, but whatever it is a lot of the time the hole closes before he can get through it and it's because he is so slow hitting the hole. Again one of the slowest I have ever seen.

3- He has no ability to move laterally.- when the hole is not where it is designed, a back can move laterally (slide) left or right to hit another hole, or bounce it outside. He is the absolute worst at this, of any back I have ever seen. He doesn't seem to be able to move laterally without coming to a complete stop first, this is a huge problem, because if there is another hole and you have to stop before you can move laterally then there will be no hole when you get there. This is why he only gets positive yards when there is a big open hole for him to run through.

4- He is slow, you don't have to be fast if you have the other three, but if you don't have the other three and your slow too, you have nothing.

I don't see Luck winning a Super Bowl on his own either, that's why we need someone that can carry the ball instead of Trent that has proven he's not going to take any pressure off of Andrew.

You can't fix vision and you can't teach it, because of the totally dominate O-lines he had at Alabama, he never really had to have vision, just run through the open acre, at the NFL level, he will never see that much open space no matter who he plays for.  All the defensive players are a lot faster in the NFL, the biggest open hole he will see in the NFL will be a lot smaller and close a lot quicker than anything he has ever seen before. I think it's pretty obvious that he's not an NFL quality back.

Well it's a good thing you're not a GM or scout because sometimes you take a swing and miss, but if you think you're always going to hit a home run youre wrong.  It's more than just seeing talent also.  If a player doesn't fit a certain scheme or doesn't work well w/ other types of personalities, among other things, it doesn't matter how talented a player is, if the glove doesn't fit you c

And when you swing and miss you have to move on, you can't keep playing an unproductive head case who's fragile physic and lack of skills don't match the scheme your running, or any teams scheme as far as that goes. It doesn't matter if it's a bad scheme fit, a fragile physic or if "the glove doesn't fit".  whatever it is don't keep playing the unproductive player.   

He's right, they did.

Consider the following:

I was pulling for Trent hard when he became a Colt. I wanted for him to succeed as much as anyone and I made excuses for him like everyone else did. I decided to wait and see if after a full off season he could become the back we all wanted him to be.  I waited till  the half way point of the season and at that point it was obvious that we got fleeced. He no longer had speed or a burst, I don't think he ever had vision, because the Alabama O-line was so dominant he didn't have to have vision.

I have never been a Trent hater, it's not his fault he's playing, he's done more than enough to be benched or cut, but when I hear him say things like, teams are stacking the box against him and that he thinks he's playing good, and before the season, that his not going for just 1,000 yards but more, and that we need to just watch the next four games and that he will play against Cleveland like it's the last game he will ever play,   all of this just makes me sick.  Don't try to talk smack, and don't celebrate if you score a touchdown, show some remorse for how fricking horrible you have been as a Colt, and how you have let your team and teammates down after they gave up a 1st round pick for you. You have to earn the right to talk smack,, by playing your butt off on the field. Does he really think anybody fears what he might do to their offense.  Come on man.

He's right, they did.

Consider the following:

There may be some merit to this. Watched some of his rookie highlights and he was definitely a little more explosive at the start of his runs. He just doesn't look like the same player anymore

Sorry PA..  i am just over the T Rich debate.. which is not even close to a debate at this point.. 

and when Chuck states as to why T is Indy's starting RB he responds..  "because he is our starting RB" ..  LOL ok  Chucky.. 

the more I watch this current staff the more I really ......       kinda don't care for it.    I thought Polian left a few years ago...    Nothing has changed.    Still double secret info being passed by only authorized personnel only.

IDK...    

Why do you bring up things that have nothing to do with what I said in your response to my post. It makes no sense at all

1- Did I say I didn't want a better O line? or that a better O-line wouldn't be better for the team-  NO I DIDN'T   I would love a better O-line. I just pointed out that Trent runs behind  the same O-line as Ballard, Brown, Bradshaw, and Herron, and they all run behind that same line just fine.

2- You said Boom and Bradshaw can't ever be a workhorse and carry us through bad weather during the playoffs,   Since neither has ever played for us in the playoffs, how the hell would you know that?  Bradshaw played in the bad weather for the Giants and won two Super Bowls.   So are you saying that Richardson would all of a sudden start playing good a lead us through the playoffs?    BaaaHaaa  BaaaHaaa

3- Yes we have two rookies and a underwhelming 2nd year player on the interior of our line.   But that doesn't change the fact that all the other backs that run behind that line do just fine, only Richardson can't produce behind that line.  Do you think if the line was better that Richardson would get better and all the other guys would regress and play at a lower level.

4- Are you a relative of Richardson's, I can't think of any other reason that you just can't except the fact that he sucks and every other back that runs behind the same line doesn't.

5- They don't run different plays for Richardson, they run the exact same plays as everyone else, just unsuccessfully when Richardson runs them. I guess the O-line blocks for the other backs, and all get together and decide not to block foe Trent.  BaaaHaaaaaaa  give me a break.

6- It easy to tell when someone can't make a valid point, they get desperate and start saying things that have nothing to do with the post they are responding to, reaching for anything to back up their desperate, baseless points.

Yes Ahmad played with NYG in bad weather during the playoffs.  I like how you attribute success with them under a different line to the Colts, but refuse to give Trent credit for a different line than when he was with Alabama!  Nope, not related.  Just sick of people like you who "know it all" trying to put sole blame on somebody who is only part of the problem.  Yes, it is easy to tell when someone who cant make a valid point!  Take your own advice!  Wise one :)

What does any of this have to do with the post you are responding to..Here you go again making no point at all

1- did I say your always going to hit a home run, or anything that has anything to do with your response at all  NO!!-  I don't know what this has to do with anything, but it sounds like you realize that Richardson was a huge mistake, hence you can't hit a home run everytime.

2- If a player doesn't fit a certain scheme (don't know where this came from) you don't bring him in, especially when he doesn't fit any scheme.

3- If a player is so mentally fragile, that he doesn't fit with certain personalities, then he is so soft and fragile that he's not going to make it in the NFL anyway.

4- Do you really believe that when teams prepare for us that they go back and look at college film of a particular player?  answer NO  they don't give a crap what he did in college, high school midget or pee wees.  Because on those levels, that is the level of competition he is playing against. Like I said there are many great college players that just can't cut it in the NFL.   Who he was four years ago at Alabama is not who he is now in the NFL.    At Alabama he had holes big enough to drive a tractor trailer through, he didn't have to have vision, just run through the open acre. In the NFL you have to have vision and see the hole developing.

1- He has no vision at all-  He chooses the wrong hole way more often than he chooses the correct one. His vision is so bad, I have many times, seen him run past the correct hole to get to the wrong one, and get stopped for no gain or for a loss. Vision is the most important asset for a back to have, Trent's vision is as bad as any I have ever seen.

2- He has no burst at all- once you have the vision to see the hole you must have the burst ,to get through the hole. On most of Trent's carries he looks like he is jogging at half speed when he hits the hole. I don't know if it's because he isn't sure he's hitting the right hole or not, but whatever it is a lot of the time the hole closes before he can get through it and it's because he is so slow hitting the hole. Again one of the slowest I have ever seen.

3- He has no ability to move laterally.- when the hole is not where it is designed, a back can move laterally (slide) left or right to hit another hole, or bounce it outside. He is the absolute worst at this, of any back I have ever seen. He doesn't seem to be able to move laterally without coming to a complete stop first, this is a huge problem, because if there is another hole and you have to stop before you can move laterally then there will be no hole when you get there. This is why he only gets positive yards when there is a big open hole for him to run through.

4- He is slow, you don't have to be fast if you have the other three, but if you don't have the other three and your slow too, you have nothing.

I love how you put words in my mouth and take certain things I say and run with it or apply it to something else.  Im done speaking with you now, and will not comment on any of the other garbage that spews out of your mouth...  I like talking Colts football, but not with somebody who "knows it all", because in reality you don't know JACKCOLT lol pun inteded

I was pulling for Trent hard when he became a Colt. I wanted for him to succeed as much as anyone and I made excuses for him like everyone else did. I decided to wait and see if after a full off season he could become the back we all wanted him to be.  I waited till  the half way point of the season and at that point it was obvious that we got fleeced. He no longer had speed or a burst, I don't think he ever had vision, because the Alabama O-line was so dominant he didn't have to have vision.

I have never been a Trent hater, it's not his fault he's playing, he's done more than enough to be benched or cut, but when I hear him say things like, teams are stacking the box against him and that he thinks he's playing good, and before the season, that his not going for just 1,000 yards but more, and that we need to just watch the next four games and that he will play against Cleveland like it's the last game he will ever play,   all of this just makes me sick.  Don't try to talk smack, and don't celebrate if you score a touchdown, show some remorse for how fricking horrible you have been as a Colt, and how you have let your team and teammates down after they gave up a 1st round pick for you. You have to earn the right to talk smack,, by playing your butt off on the field. Does he really think anybody fears what he might do to their offense.  Come on man.

Couldn't have stated this better. I wanted him to succeed very much, but the first year in Indy was eye-opening (in the bad way). And honestly, if anyone stacks the box because TR's in the backfield is not thinking straight that particular day. Here's hoping TR has an unreal last 4 games this season and an even more productive run in the playoffs, but honestly, I hope Herron gets 80% of the carries.

I think I'm going to take a break from this thread for awhile, because some people are just giving me a headache!  Hopefully Trent has a great game against his former team and follows through with his words.  My last few words(for now)...  Some of you better hope Trent continues to fail because I plan on harassing a few "fans" if he comes back strong and makes you look like a fool :)

There may be some merit to this. Watched some of his rookie highlights and he was definitely a little more explosive at the start of his runs. He just doesn't look like the same player anymore

Some people you just cant please!!  You're really going to say something negative about the guy, when he is a major addition to our ST?  Who do you think would do a better job MR GM?

Some people you just cant please!! You're really going to say something negative about the guy, when he is a major addition to our ST? Who do you think would do a better job MR GM?

What the fudge are you talking about, guy? We're talking about Richardson, not Cribbs....

Yes Ahmad played with NYG in bad weather during the playoffs.  I like how you attribute success with them under a different line to the Colts, but refuse to give Trent credit for a different line than when he was with Alabama!  Nope, not related.  Just sick of people like you who "know it all" trying to put sole blame on somebody who is only part of the problem.  Yes, it is easy to tell when someone who cant make a valid point!  Take your own advice!  Wise one :)

Nothing you post make any since at all!   Once again you reply with some off the wall crap that has nothing to do with my post. I wasn't comparing O-lines in any way at all.  I stated that Bradshaw or Boom had never played in the playoffs or bad weather playoffs for us, but Bradshaw had done it for the Giants.   That in no way shape or form is comparing O-lines, so what in gods sake are you talking about, when you say?      "  you attribute success with them under a different line to the Colts, but refuse to give Trent credit for a different line than when he was at Alabama"     could you please tell me how that  is related to what I said in any way at all?    I'll try to help you understand a little better

1- I didn't compare lines- but,  Brown, Bradshaw and Boom all excel behind the same line, that Trent sucks running behind.  Maybe Trent's the problem.

2- If someone were comparing lines you need to realize that the Giants and Colts are in the NFL and Alabama is a college team. So that wouldn't work.

3- When replying to a post- You actually need to say something that is remotely associated with that  post.

I love how you put words in my mouth and take certain things I say and run with it or apply it to something else.  Im done speaking with you now, and will not comment on any of the other garbage that spews out of your mouth...  I like talking Colts football, but not with somebody who "knows it all", because in reality you don't know JACKCOLT lol pun intended

It's got to be better than talking to someone who knows "nothing"     I too enjoy talking Colts football, but with someone that can make a valid point, I can't say I love how you reply to a post, with some outrageous bull crap that has nothing to do with the post you are replying too, or the desperate outer space comments where no one knows what the heck you are talking about.  At least you want be alone, cause Trent and you think he's good, just not anyone else on this planet. Oh and Don't forget Colts and Giants NFL  Alabama college