Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Henoc Muamba!

Smonroe

He looked so much like Freeman it was crazy.

he looked like a slightly bigger/stronger but slightly slower version of Freeman.  I liked what i saw from him today too minus the one time he got steamrolled for an additional few yards by one of the Jets' RBs.  I'm excited to get a look at Andrew Jackson too.  Studebaker played well as an ILB too.

he looked like a slightly bigger/stronger but slightly slower version of Freeman.  I liked what i saw from him today too minus the one time he got steamrolled for an additional few yards by one of the Jets' RBs.  I'm excited to get a look at Andrew Jackson too.  Studebaker played well as an ILB too.

Studabaker played very well. I wonder how many LBs we'll carry? Going to be some tough decisions.

Studebaker stepped it up today made a lot of good plays Muamba played excellent as well, a really nice surprise.

Our linebacker depth was looking pretty good!

That's what I'm thinking, and we get to keep an extra guy until Mathis comes back.

Way too early to say this but I will anyway - we may be able to trade one of these guys. We can't keep them all.

• The defensive MVP of the night, though, was the guy who was all over the field making plays - inside linebacker Henoc Muamba.  He's a guy I really liked entering camp and tonight he showed that.  With not much depth at the position Muamba was forced to play a lot, and he took advantage of it.  He racked up 12 tackles (10 solo).  He was moving around going all over the field making tackles and not missing many plays he should have made.  It was a very good night from someone who I think could be an underrated guy for the Colts.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/8/7/5981353/colts-game-notes-colts-10-jets-13

That's what I'm thinking, and we get to keep an extra guy until Mathis comes back.

Way too early to say this but I will anyway - we may be able to trade one of these guys. We can't keep them all.

I don't think anyone we'd want to trade would garner a draft pick, however I do think swapping a couple guys at positions of depth such as LB for some depth at thinner positions would be a very smart and Grigson-like thing, and very likely too.

I was looking forward to watching Muamba play in the preseason and I'm glad he had a good game today.

Muamba is going to be a diamond in the rough. I look forward to seeing what he can do, and why he ended up going from the first pick in the CFL in 2011 to the NFL. 

He looked like Ray Lewis out there.

Months ago when I was watching film on Muamba he did have some things about his game that reminded me of Ray Lewis.

Obviously I say that with a big grain of salt at this point.  Hey we'll see!

he looked like a slightly bigger/stronger but slightly slower version of Freeman. I liked what i saw from him today too minus the one time he got steamrolled for an additional few yards by one of the Jets' RBs. I'm excited to get a look at Andrew Jackson too. Studebaker played well as an ILB too.

Andy played inside?? I made a thread last year saying how he looks like he has good build to be an inside backer. Wierd haha

Was muamba playing outside backer as well?

I never saw him line up as an OLB. 

Andy played inside?? I made a thread last year saying how he looks like he has good build to be an inside backer. Wierd haha

Yep. D'Qwell and Freeman only played the first couple of drives.  McNary, Sheppard and Andrew Jackson didn't play so they were kinda thin at ILB.  Studebaker and Muamba played the 2 ILB roles for a large chunk of the game and played very well together.  Andy played the thumper role and I liked him there a lot. He did also play a little bit of OLB towards the end of the game.

i know he wasn't out there for long, but D'Qwell Jackson appeared to be a great pickup.  That play he shed the blocker, cut through the hole, and tackled the RB for a loss looked like he was on a different level than what we are used to seeing.

I never saw him line up as an OLB.

Yep. D'Qwell and Freeman only played the first couple of drives. McNary, Sheppard and Andrew Jackson didn't play so they were kinda thin at ILB. Studebaker and Muamba played the 2 ILB roles for a large chunk of the game and played very well together. Andy played the thumper role and I liked him there a lot. He did also play a little bit of OLB towards the end of the game.

Nice. I didnt get the game live so I recorded it and watching it now actually