Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khaled Holmes leg injury.

Dustin

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you're giving up on the season after the 1st pre-season game??????   lmao    I wondered how long it would take the panic to set in, guess I wasn't too far off   :facepalm:

So you think this can still be a successful season if the Colts lose two of the best starters on an already sub-par offensive line?

haha give up on the season, forums never let me down on a laugh wow........

Yes, it's absolutely hilarious that the Colts might lose two of their best offensive linemen before the season even begins. It's hilarious that people on this forum think that the Colts have a shot at a successful season with an even more horrid offensive line than last year. And it's hilarious that even after two seasons this franchise can't seem to fix the glaring issue with its offensive line.  It's all so absolutely hilarious ha ha ha

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 9, 2014 - personal response to edited post
Hidden by Nadine, August 9, 2014 - personal response to edited post

The answer to your question - yes, they can still have a successful season.

Ranting that they cannot after one freaking preseason game is just ridiculous in its ignorance. Your first post about giving up on the season is mindless nonsense.

I don't care for the personal insults sir.  I would suggest not doing it again unless you would like a mod contacted.  It is my opinion that the Colts cannot have a successful season or that success needs to be redefined if Holmes and Thomas are injured for an extended period of time.  If you have a differing opinion I can respect that and I suppose we will see in a few months who is correct.

Yeah, "back at some point" and "doesn't appear season ending" doesn't inspire much confidence. I still wonder why the C position wasn't properly addressed. Phil Costa does NOT count. Terrible signing. 

If we can arbitrarily dismiss things then I dismiss the injury to Holmes. We have our starting center back, everyone should be happy!

Seriously though, I thought we could have signed someone better than Costa too, but I kind of like that he had the confidence in Holmes not to bring a bigger name in. My only question is why didn't we give Holmes mop up duty last year for some much needed experience? "Properly" addressing a need can be many things to many people, I'd say with the Costa signing he did the minimum to meet that. Of course that all went to hell when he retired.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 9, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, August 9, 2014 - personal shot

So you think this can still be a successful season if the Colts lose two of the best starters on an already sub-par offensive line?

What????

You mean we lost both Anthony Castonzo and Gosder Cherilus? Are you kidding me.

Please note..... Before you are allowed to post do research, know a little something about the colts roster, buy madden if you have too.... Idk. I feel like you've just become a colts fan within the last few days. You should just go root for the 49ers or something. They have a really good offensive line, it seems like that's pretty important to you.

I don't care for the personal insults sir.  I would suggest not doing it again unless you would like a mod contacted.  It is my opinion that the Colts cannot have a successful season or that success needs to be redefined if Holmes and Thomas are injured for an extended period of time.  If you have a differing opinion I can respect that and I suppose we will see in a few months who is correct.

Can you possibly see how off base it is to suggest giving up on the season after one preseason game?

Can you possibly see how off base it is to suggest giving up on the season after one preseason game?

I am not giving up after one preseason game.  I am saying that it will be extremely difficult to have a successful season if Holmes and Thomas are both injured.  You keep bringing up the preseason game as if I am judging the team on it.  You cannot tell anything from one preseason game.  You can tell something from two of a team's starting offensive linemen getting injured. I hope that I am wrong but just because I have a differing opinion than you do does not justify making personal attacks.  Attack the argument all you wish, explain how I am incorrect but the personal insults are unnecessary.

Why yes I do !!!  Look at last season, the Colts were one of the MOST injured teams in the league.  How did we fare??  We went 11-5, and won a playoff game, with the 2nd largest comeback in playoff history !!!  To suggest that we throw in the towel after ONE pre-season game is ludicrous !!!

Harrison actually played well... Atleast he held his own...

Had bad snaps but his blocking was decent for the most part!

Harrison looked surprised and unprepared to go into the game on the first series, but other then the bad snaps he seemed to settle down as a blocker. He could still be an upgrade over Satele.

Someone was springing holes for Boom against the Jets starters.

Harrison looked surprised and unprepared to go into the game on the first series, but other then the bad snaps he seemed to settle down as a blocker. He could still be an upgrade over Satele.

Someone was springing holes for Boom against the Jets starters.

@HolderStephen: Spent some time in #Colts locker room... backup center Jonotthan Harrison admitted nerves got the best of him on the bad snap. First NFL gm

So if this is serious I think we can all give up on this season. I had my doubts about this season after Thomas went down but if Holmes is seriously hurt I don't see how anyone can have much hope.

This is your first post. Let the beauty and sheer panic of the thought soak over you. Maybe 12 hours after Holmes' injury when you have had more time to digest it and be less emotional or panicky, or whatever you were, you might have put in a more reasonable thought. Doubtful though because you have kept defending this position.

I am not giving up after one preseason game.  I am saying that it will be extremely difficult to have a successful season if Holmes and Thomas are both injured.  You keep bringing up the preseason game as if I am judging the team on it.  You cannot tell anything from one preseason game.  You can tell something from two of a team's starting offensive linemen getting injured. I hope that I am wrong but just because I have a differing opinion than you do does not justify making personal attacks.  Attack the argument all you wish, explain how I am incorrect but the personal insults are unnecessary.

Ahem, I point you back to your original thought, you know where we should give up on the season.

I keep bringinp up the first preseason game, well... because that was the game in which you declared season over. I know you said "if" Holmes is seriously hurt but regardless, it is still a funny sentiment. For the love of God, they had a good year last year with McGlynn and Satele playing key roles.

I have a differing opinion than you - a more thoughtful and reasonable one. So I guess I would tell you to expect to hear about it if you post something so over the top.

This is your first post. Let the beauty and sheer panic of the thought soak over you. Maybe 12 hours after Holmes' injury when you have had more time to digest it and be less emotional or panicky, or whatever you were, you might have put in a more reasonable thought. Doubtful though because you have kept defending this position.

Ahem, I point you back to your original thought, you know where we should give up on the season.

I keep bringinp up the first preseason game, well... because that was the game in which you declared season over. I know you said "if" Holmes is seriously hurt but regardless, it is still a funny sentiment. For the love of God, they had a good year last year with McGlynn and Satele playing key roles.

I have a differing opinion than you - a more thoughtful and reasonable one. So I guess I would tell you to expect to hear about it if you post something so over the top.

Good to know that you feel anyone that posts anything that you deem over the top can look forward to receiving personal attacks from you and name calling.  If that's how you wish to discuss how serious an issue it is if the Colts lose two starting offensive linemen I am done here.  I have better things to do with my time than spending it attempting to have a conversation with someone that is only interested in resorting to name calling and personal attacks on anyone that disagrees with him and instead of using evidence only states that his opinion is more "thoughtful and reasonable" for no other reason than it came from you,  If that's the way you wish to conduct yourself that's fine but I have more meaningful things to do with my time.

Good to know that you feel anyone that posts anything that you deem over the top can look forward to receiving personal attacks from you and name calling.  If that's how you wish to discuss how serious an issue it is if the Colts lose two starting offensive linemen I am done here.  I have better things to do with my time than spending it attempting to have a conversation with someone that is only interested in resorting to name calling and personal attacks on anyone that disagrees with him and instead of using evidence only states that his opinion is more "thoughtful and reasonable" for no other reason than it came from you,  If that's the way you wish to conduct yourself that's fine but I have more meaningful things to do with my time.

I used your own words. Do you think you have made reasonable posts in this thread?

And by the way, I am not the only one who has questioned you in this thread.

If this is a long term deal for Holmes...(and obviously nobody knows just yet until confirmation of the injury comes back today) Then if Andre Gurode is healthy I'd be giving him a call or Kyle Cook, Though Thomas Austin seems like the obvious choice since there is familiarity there and he should know some of the playbook though I don't think he is a fit like the other two in our primarily Man scheme

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 9, 2014 - not helping
Hidden by Nadine, August 9, 2014 - not helping

I used your own words. Do you think you have made reasonable posts in this thread?And by the way, I am not the only one who has questioned you in this thread.

Skinnz, why are you feeding him?

Feed Moncrief instead!

Yeah, "back at some point" and "doesn't appear season ending" doesn't inspire much confidence. I still wonder why the C position wasn't properly addressed. Phil Costa does NOT count. Terrible signing.

Exactly. I don't understand playing aroumd with important positions on the oline. Costa sucked. Probably because his heart wasn't into it. There were proven commodities that could've been had. Their were reports that Holmes was hurt last yr and he rarely even saw gm action. Its scary when a linemen gets hurt in practice. Either he has horrible luck or he's injury prone, either way, we can't depend on him.

If this is a long term deal for Holmes...(and obviously nobody knows just yet until confirmation of the injury comes back today) Then if Andre Gurode is healthy I'd be giving him a call or Kyle Cook, Though Thomas Austin seems like the obvious choice since there is familiarity there and he should know some of the playbook though I don't think he is a fit like the other two in our primarily Man scheme

Harrison should get all the first team snaps, and others will get snaps with the twos. If Harrison holds his own, and Holmes really isn't seriously injured, we may stand pat.

But I agree with you, I think Grigs will pick up a veteran backup before the season starts. Some team will cut an older guy in order to keep a cheaper backup.

UPDATE:Indy Star

He left the game with a pronounced limp and looked for all the world as if his would be the latest in a series of season-ending injuries the Colts already have endured.

But a team source indicated Holmes, while at risk of missing some time in the lineup, is expected to return from the injury and his season does not appear to be in jeopardy. Further evaluation was pending as the team headed home to Indianapolis, and a specific diagnosis was not provided.

Despite the cautious optimism, Holmes' injury is not insignificant. An MRI is planned for Friday.

Well, considering that last year we had Satele and Mcglynn in two of those spots, I don't see how we can be worse off....

JM2C

If we can arbitrarily dismiss things then I dismiss the injury to Holmes. We have our starting center back, everyone should be happy!

Seriously though, I thought we could have signed someone better than Costa too, but I kind of like that he had the confidence in Holmes not to bring a bigger name in. My only question is why didn't we give Holmes mop up duty last year for some much needed experience? "Properly" addressing a need can be many things to many people, I'd say with the Costa signing he did the minimum to meet that. Of course that all went to hell when he retired.

Because unfortunately, the team can only dress 46 players on game day.  That's why teams seldom have two designated Centers active on game day.  Plus there was talk pretty much all year long about him not being quite strong enough to go and not ready physically.  That's one of the reasons I don't care for the 46 player limit on game day, or really even the 53 man limit on the active roster.  I'd like to see both of those numbers bumped up just a little bit, by at least 3-5. 

Because unfortunately, the team can only dress 46 players on game day.  That's why teams seldom have two designated Centers active on game day.  Plus there was talk pretty much all year long about him not being quite strong enough to go and not ready physically.  That's one of the reasons I don't care for the 46 player limit on game day, or really even the 53 man limit on the active roster.  I'd like to see both of those numbers bumped up just a little bit, by at least 3-5. 

Also not to mention there wasn't much "mop up duty" to be had, Most games the Colts were in last year were either real close close in our favor or we were on the receiving end of a thrashing  with a couple exceptions (San Fran, Jax...twice)

So if this is serious I think we can all give up on this season. I had my doubts about this season after Thomas went down but if Holmes is seriously hurt I don't see how anyone can have much hope.

What does #Coltstrong mean to you? Fight leukemia, rehab an ACL when you could easily retire, give up all hope on a season because a guy rolled his ankle? I got circumstances.

What does #Coltstrong mean to you? Fight leukemia, rehab an ACL when you could easily retire, give up all hope on a season because a guy rolled his ankle? I got circumstances.

HEY YO DREW,

WE ARE A TEAM, A FAMILY, NOT ONE MAN!!!  I hope Holmes is ok but if not, NEXT MAN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We hoistin that Lombardi several times together, and this year is gonna be the first!!!

Is this a joke?  

Unless Luck is injured the team will play through any injury.  They shook off every injury and didn't miss a beat last yr until Reggie got hurt.  The main reason Reggie's injury was such a big deal was the Colts insistence  on making Heyward-Bey the #1 receiver.  Not to say losing Wayne wasn't a huge blow but it could have been a much smoother transition if the Colts brought Rogers up a lot sooner.

Injuries happen nearly every game to both sides u just hope its not serious and not to a player like Luck or Reggie. Bodies were not made to be getting slammed together like that.    

Because unfortunately, the team can only dress 46 players on game day. That's why teams seldom have two designated Centers active on game day. Plus there was talk pretty much all year long about him not being quite strong enough to go and not ready physically. That's one of the reasons I don't care for the 46 player limit on game day, or really even the 53 man limit on the active roster. I'd like to see both of those numbers bumped up just a little bit, by at least 3-5.

Been thinking the same thing..

I'd round it at 55 men roster and 50 actoves for games..

According to Mike Chappel its a left sprained ankle on Holmes if its just that he will be ready for the opener and its good news because they dodge a bullet.

Lets hope it's just that then.  

I wasn't able to watch the opening drive I was in the car, but I was listening on the radio and I was somewhat relieved it was his ankle and not his knee.