Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Top 10 Influential People

ViriLudant

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip Kelly is a glorified Steve Spurrier whose going to be a little more successful because of today's rules. The list is solid otherwise, including #1. I know the thing is setup so that the commissioner doesn't singlehandedly run things but so is our democracy...that the president still runs no matter how you spin it.

Wow, that list is bad lol.......

How so?

I could see disagreeing with Chip Kelly, but all of the rest are very, very important in different aspects of the NFL.

Seems like an accurate list, and Kirwen has been in the NFL as a coach and management, and is respected.

How so?

I could see disagreeing with Chip Kelly, but all of the rest are very, very important in different aspects of the NFL.

Seems like an accurate list, and Kirwen has been in the NFL as a coach and management, and is respected.

For starters.....I am tough on the guy but you don't include the cash cow of the league known as Peyton Manning who has pretty much dominated half of football conversations since like 1998?

Looks like almost a veiled attempt to me to make a pro Pats thread.

For starters.....I am tough on the guy but you don't include the cash cow of the league known as Peyton Manning who has pretty much dominated half of football conversations since like 1998?

Looks like almost a veiled attempt to me to make a pro Pats thread.

Just how is Peyton a cash cow for the league? The league does phenomenal without him, as seen in the year without him.

And Kirwen isn't even a Patriots guy.

And who said this isn't a pro Patriots thread? Best owner in the league, etc.

Just how is Peyton a cash cow for the league? The league does phenomenal without him, as seen in the year without him.

Peyton Manning plays in a game,  the game gets much higher ratings.

That's why the Broncos are on Monday Night, Sunday Night, Thursday Night and every other night of the week football games.

The NFL has petitioned God to create an 8th day so the NFL can put Peyton Manning games there too.

He makes the NFL some serious money.

Seriouisly?

Here are the Top-15 rated NFL regular season TV games..

Take away the Thanskgiving games and ask again why Peyton Manning makes money for the NFL..

1.CBS Thanksgiving Day Game (Raiders-Cowboys), 11/28

31.7 million

2.FOX Sunday National (mostly Packers-49ers), 9/8

28.5 million

3.FOX Thanksgiving Day Game (Packers-Lions), 11/28

28.3 million

4.CBS Sunday National (mostly Broncos-Cowboys), 10/6

28.3 million

5.CBS Sunday National (mostly Broncos-Chiefs), 12/1

28.1 million

6.FOX Sunday National (Cowboys-Giants), 11/24

27.9 million

7.FOX Sunday National (Packers-Cowboys), 12/15

27.8 million

8.FOX Sunday National (Seahawks-49ers), 12/8

27.6 million

9.FOX Sunday National (mostly Eagles-Broncos), 9/29

27.0 million

10.NBC Sunday Night Football (Chiefs-Broncos), 11/17

26.9 million

11.NBC Sunday Night Football (Broncos-Colts), 10/20

26.9 million

12.FOX Sunday National (mostly 49ers-Saints), 11/17

26.9 million

13.FOX Sunday National (mostly Saints-Patriots), 10/13

26.7 million

14.NBC Sunday Night Football (Broncos-Patriots), 11/24

26.5 million

15.CBS Sunday National (mostly Broncos-Giants), 9/15

26.4 million

Chip-Kelly-3_zps94ebd0a1.jpg

"Innovative ways for training and utilizing nutrition" ??

For what....Sumo wrestling?? :lol:

I know, I know....Kerwin is talking about the Eagles players, but Chip Kelly, like his predecessor Andy Reid, looks like a pitchman for Tastykake.

Maybe.

Judge Anita has very limited meaning to the NFL today because this wont be the last concussion lawsuit no matter what rulings and stipulations she lays down...//The NFL can pay the injured players. They have the money.

Its not about the money..its about what to do about concussions.

Did I miss Bill Belichik on this list.

His style of coaching and management of his team seeps through other NFL cities..He is more significant than Mr. Kraft..

The 'Patriot Way' is mimicked or mocked throughout the NFL...because they win with it

....and if Andrew Luck is the standard by which new QBs are judged...Peyton Manning is obviously the standard by which old ones are rated...Even Tom Brady, who has had more post-season success, cites Manning as the guy he looks at...

But the list is indeed interesting..

I know, I know....Kerwin is talking about the Eagles players, but Chip Kelly, like his predecessor Andy Reid, looks like a pitchman for Tastykake.

Atleast Andy Reid had the "tough fat guy coach" look (Abe Gibron, Bum Phillips). Chip Kelly is just fat (Rob Ryan, all those fat college coaches).

How so?

Three reasons.

1. I'm not sure the judge, or anyone else has done enough for the current/former players who have suffered because of concussions.  

2. Chip Kelly has done nothing.

3. Pete Carroll is a scumball, and a liar over what he said about not leaving USC if he knew there would be sanctions. No Pete you left to avoid them... and it is only a matter of time before another scandal pops up involving him.

I disagree with #5 " Eagles coach Chip Kelly." There is no way he deserves to be in this top 10 list. Coach Kelly had a very impressive debut in the NFL I will admit, but I need to see his squad win the division consistently before I place him in such esteemed company 1st.

I have nothing but profound respect for Robert Kraft & Tom Brady too. Nice to see you posting topics on the Colts forum VL. You're a sharp guy & despite being a rival NE fan; I value your perspective on things.  

It's nice to see QB Andrew Luck get some recognition too. Skip Bayless can kiss my caboose when it comes always slamming Chewbacca. LOL! 

Yeah I know. The Eagles limped into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth on a weak schedule and then what happened? Oops!

But it's the Eagles, and they are an east coast team. The sports media loves their teams on that side.

After reading the article and seeing the comments it is obvious this was started by a New England fan who likes to push his team at all cost. Why this is even discussed on a Colt forum is beyond me.

Pat Kirwen? You don't know who he is?

Interesting.

And no, he's not a Patriots' fan.

Of course what else you expect. It has Pats owner and Brady.

I am shocked this thread was posted.Lol.

Name one NFL owner who is more influential. Heck, we know that Irsay was an obstacle, not a help, in the lockout. Saturday and other NFL players point to Kraft as being the most important person who got it resolved. But let's not let facts get in the way of your NE hatred.

I really don't have much of an issue with the list except for Kelly. One year in the league with a hurry up offense seems ridiculous to call him influential.

No question with Kraft and Brady. Surprised not to see Manning but when you read the reasoning behind Brady, I can see why they consider him more influential.

I like Luck on the list as he is the future even if it is a bit premature to call him influential at this stage. He will be the benchmark I think in terms of contracts and potentially success.

Name one NFL owner who is more influential. Heck, we know that Irsay was an obstacle, not a help, in the lockout. Saturday and other NFL players point to Kraft as being the most important person who got it resolved. But let's not let facts get in the way of your NE hatred.

The Rooney family is way more influential, and has changed how the NFL does business as a whole. Then you have the Green Bay Packers ownership that is made up of their fanbase. Oh, and those two teams alone have something like 19 championships. As far as the lockout goes there were a lot of people involved on both sides with owner, players, etc... so try not to take too much credit. Hugs all around. http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2011/07/28/Steelers-Rooney-II-had-large-role-in-resolving-NFL-lockout/stories/201107280393

nfl-lockout-over-gi.jpg

Do you expect me to love NE?.

Point is not about my love or hate, point is how YOU are the person who created this thread. Ironic isn't it.

Can you explain what's influential in NFL?. That would change this list drastic.

Seriouisly?

Here are the Top-15 rated NFL regular season TV games..

Take away the Thanskgiving games and ask again why Peyton Manning makes money for the NFL..

1.CBS Thanksgiving Day Game (Raiders-Cowboys), 11/28

31.7 million

2.FOX Sunday National (mostly Packers-49ers), 9/8

28.5 million

3.FOX Thanksgiving Day Game (Packers-Lions), 11/28

28.3 million

4.CBS Sunday National (mostly Broncos-Cowboys), 10/6

28.3 million

5.CBS Sunday National (mostly Broncos-Chiefs), 12/1

28.1 million

6.FOX Sunday National (Cowboys-Giants), 11/24

27.9 million

7.FOX Sunday National (Packers-Cowboys), 12/15

27.8 million

8.FOX Sunday National (Seahawks-49ers), 12/8

27.6 million

9.FOX Sunday National (mostly Eagles-Broncos), 9/29

27.0 million

10.NBC Sunday Night Football (Chiefs-Broncos), 11/17

26.9 million

11.NBC Sunday Night Football (Broncos-Colts), 10/20

26.9 million

12.FOX Sunday National (mostly 49ers-Saints), 11/17

26.9 million

13.FOX Sunday National (mostly Saints-Patriots), 10/13

26.7 million

14.NBC Sunday Night Football (Broncos-Patriots), 11/24

26.5 million

15.CBS Sunday National (mostly Broncos-Giants), 9/15

26.4 million

Manning makes $$$ for himself.

:spit:  :funny:  :lol:  haha  lmao  rotflmao

Yea, okay!

I really don't have much of an issue with the list except for Kelly. One year in the league with a hurry up offense seems ridiculous to call him influential.

No question with Kraft and Brady. Surprised not to see Manning but when you read the reasoning behind Brady, I can see why they consider him more influential.

I like Luck on the list as he is the future even if it is a bit premature to call him influential at this stage. He will be the benchmark I think in terms of contracts and potentially success.

Not having anything to do with Manning...

I disagree with the bolded. I think the reasoning he used is flawed, if not downright inaccurate. Especially the bit about his contract.

Since Brady signed his most recent deal, seven other QBs have done multi-year deals that exceed Brady's yearly average. So how is it that "whatever contract he signs becomes the benchmark"? Then his comment about a GM saying that if it's good enough for Brady... the best thing I can say is that it's taken out of context. Of course, Brady's deal is, for the time being, team friendly, so I'm not arguing that his yearly average being less means he's not more influential. I'm simply saying that Kirwan's remarks are false.

What he says about Brady's on-field success is true, for the most part. But I don't know if that translates to him being the face of the league. And comparing him to Roger Goodell in that respect also strains credibility; no commissioner is the face of the sport, ever.

:spit::funny::lol:hahalmao:lol:

Yea, okay!

Emoticons... The tool of people who can't debate.

From his own CBS page:

"Pat Kirwan has been around the league since 1972, serving in a variety of roles. He was a scout for the Cardinals and Buccaneers, a coach for the Jets as well as the team's Director of Player Administration where he negotiated contracts and managed the team's salary cap. He is the author of Take Your Eye Off the Ball: How to Watch Football by Knowing Where to Look, and the host of Sirius NFL Radio's Moving the Chains."

Yeah, nice try .

Emoticons... The tool of people who can't debate.

From his own CBS page:

"Pat Kirwan has been around the league since 1972, serving in a variety of roles. He was a scout for the Cardinals and Buccaneers, a coach for the Jets as well as the team's Director of Player Administration where he negotiated contracts and managed the team's salary cap. He is the author of Take Your Eye Off the Ball: How to Watch Football by Knowing Where to Look, and the host of Sirius NFL Radio's Moving the Chains."

Yeah, nice try .

How does that prove your point he isn't a Patriot fan?