Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Top 10 Influential People

ViriLudant

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having anything to do with Manning...

I disagree with the bolded. I think the reasoning he used is flawed, if not downright inaccurate. Especially the bit about his contract.

Since Brady signed his most recent deal, seven other QBs have done multi-year deals that exceed Brady's yearly average. So how is it that "whatever contract he signs becomes the benchmark"? Then his comment about a GM saying that if it's good enough for Brady... the best thing I can say is that it's taken out of context. Of course, Brady's deal is, for the time being, team friendly, so I'm not arguing that his yearly average being less means he's not more influential. I'm simply saying that Kirwan's remarks are false.

What he says about Brady's on-field success is true, for the most part. But I don't know if that translates to him being the face of the league. And comparing him to Roger Goodell in that respect also strains credibility; no commissioner is the face of the sport, ever.

I think Brady transcends the sport in the same way Namath did. His off-field persona is just as big as his on-field given his success so his influence is huge. I agree about the contract stuff. Not sure where he was going with that as I am not sure that others players have taken less because Brady chose to.

I really don't have much of an issue with the list except for Kelly. One year in the league with a hurry up offense seems ridiculous to call him influential.

No question with Kraft and Brady. Surprised not to see Manning but when you read the reasoning behind Brady, I can see why they consider him more influential.

I like Luck on the list as he is the future even if it is a bit premature to call him influential at this stage. He will be the benchmark I think in terms of contracts and potentially success.

2 very points AMF. I would never dream of putting Kelly on this elite list after only 1 season either. That is beyond pathetic IMO. I will acknowledge to my friend BOTT that he proved me wrong & that Coach Kelly belongs in the NFL because I thought this game would chew him up & spit him out. It didn't. SW1 was wrong & BOTT deserves credit for showing me the light.

Because I don't believe in sugarcoating anything, I'm gonna say this: AMF is exactly right. I was very surprised to see Andrew Luck on this exclusive list so early in his career because to me you need to get to the conference championship game to put yourself in that rare company. Luck is a comeback kid mastermind who is well on his way to potential greatness but he isn't there yet right now.

Garbage.   

Whether you like him or not

Whether you respect him or not

To have a list like this, without acknowledging Peyton Manning is Ludicrous.

Period.

Does Peyton Manning always have to be in every premier NFL list though? He won't be playing forever & someday another elite QB will slide into his spot. That's just life.

Is he the best cerebral QB to ever play this game? Yes. Did the Seattle Seahawks defense crush him in the SB? Yes. Why is he never held accountable for that? Because he is NFL royalty & deemed untouchable. Where I come from, that just isn't right. JMO.  

Does Peyton Manning always have to be in every premier NFL list though? He won't be playing forever & someday another elite QB will slide into his spot. That's just life.

Is he the best cerebral QB to ever play this game? Yes. Did the Seattle Seahawks defense crush him in the SB? Yes. Why is he never held accountable for that? Because he is NFL royalty & deemed untouchable. Where I come from, that just isn't right. JMO.  

We're not talking about "Someday"  We're talking about the Here and Now.  Like it or not,  like him or Not,  He is one of the top 10 Most Influential in the industry  RIGHT NOW.

2 very points AMF. I would never dream of putting Kelly on this elite list after only 1 season either. That is beyond pathetic IMO. I will acknowledge to my friend BOTT that he proved me wrong & that Coach Kelly belongs in the NFL because I thought this game would chew him up & spit him out. It didn't. SW1 was wrong & BOTT deserves credit for showing me the light.

Because I don't believe in sugarcoating anything, I'm gonna say this: AMF is exactly right. I was very surprised to see Andrew Luck on this exclusive list so early in his career because to me you need to get to the conference championship game to put yourself in that rare company. Luck is a comeback kid mastermind who is well on his way to potential greatness but he isn't there yet right now.

This list has nothing to do with someday, it has to do with today. Manning just came off the most statistically great season in the history of the league. He is and has been the poster boy for the NFL. The titans were willing to give him a part ownership of the team to play there. He and Brady are on anyones mount Rushmore of qbs. I love Andrew, but he is no where near as influential as peyton.

Manning makes $$$ for himself.

BBZ...I dont think Peyton gets paid more when Broncos games get high ratings....

He doesn't get a percentage like an actor...where he gets richer when more people watch

CBS, NBC and FOX can charge more for ad time when their ratings get high and sponsors know that folks tune in when the old country boy is playing

We're not talking about "Someday"  We're talking about the Here and Now.  Like it or not,  like him or Not,  He is one of the top 10 Most Influential in the industry  RIGHT NOW.

Given what Manning & the Denver Broncos just achieved this past season, winning their division, winning the AFC Championship Game, & playing in 18's 3rd SB since 2009, I will grant you that Manning hasn't lost a step & he looks as sharp as ever. I'm not doubting his greatness just his difficulty jumping over that hurdle to win another ring. 5 MVPs & incredible regular season stats is insignificant to me next to this:  :lombardi:

I believe Peyton will play in 1 more SB. Will he win it? I'm rooting for him. I really am despite what Susie Q may believe. That's her right of course. I like the pieces John Elway picked up in the offseason, but I'd be lying if I didn't say some doubt has crept in about Manning's ability to win a 2nd ring. If 18 makes me eat crow, I will admit I was wrong publicly & take my lumps. You have my word. 

I just wonder want Manning supporters will do once he hangs up his pads & cleats forever? He is closer to the end of his career than the beginning now. Father time escapes no one not even the great Manning. 

Given what Manning & the Denver Broncos just achieved this past season, winning their division, winning the AFC Championship Game, & playing in 18's 3rd SB since 2009, I will grant you that Manning hasn't lost a step & he looks as sharp as ever. I'm not doubting his greatness just his difficulty jumping over that hurdle to win another ring. 5 MVPs & incredible regular season stats is insignificant to me next to this:  :lombardi:

I believe Peyton will play in 1 more SB. Will he win it? I'm rooting for him. I really am despite what Susie Q may believe. That's her right of course. I like the pieces John Elway picked up in the offseason, but I'd be lying if I didn't say some doubt has crept in about Manning's ability to win a 2nd ring. If 18 makes me eat crow, I will admit I was wrong publicly & take my lumps. You have my word. 

I just wonder want Manning supporters will do once he hangs up his pads & cleats forever? He is closer to the end of his career than the beginning now. Father time escapes no one not even the great Manning. 

Doesn't matter.   Right now, he's one of the Most Influential in the NFL.  That's what this article, and this thread was about.

The other subjects you're referring to have been  :deadhorse:

sw..

You don't really wonder what Manning supporters will do when Peyton goes back home for good, do you?

Manning supporters will continue to follow Andrew Luck...

Yes OUM, I would agree that fans of Manning will shift their support to Luck as well as Peyton's other brother in NY. 

My only issue with some 18 fans is that I feel like they put him on a pedestal which shields him from any constructive criticism that's all. And please don't shift the blame to me as in SW1 could you throw over 4,000 yards for over a decade per season, win 5 MVPs, or play in 3 SBs wining 1 ring? Well, the answer to that question is no, but that's not the point...The question revolves around creating idols in the media who are never criticized, never asked to put into words their SB shortcomings...That's the point. That reporters are vilified for even asking the question. Therein lies the problem: QB veteran immunity from tough, legitimate questions. 

If he would just talk about his lackluster SB performance honestly, all this heat evaporates overnight. Like a indiscretion from your youth that you are not proud of, if you address it openly, people respect you more & the weakness gets transformed into a strength. 

Gramz, used the beating a dead horse symbol in your response to my previous point. That just proves my point: The dead horse metaphor only disappears once Manning addresses his demons head on. It remains a dead horse only because Peyton has allowed the problem to become 1 & only he can fix it. 

I think Brady transcends the sport in the same way Namath did. His off-field persona is just as big as his on-field given his success so his influence is huge. I agree about the contract stuff. Not sure where he was going with that as I am not sure that others players have taken less because Brady chose to.

You known it's silly when you compare Brady to Namath, right? Namath is an overrated, pretty boy QB. I hope that's not what you think of Brady.

"The Guarantee" is as credible as Ruth's "Called Shot." Namath even said once he never said anything just went along with the media. So Namath's legacy is possibly a lie.

I would like to know how I got mentioned in this thread when I haven't even been on the board in over a month  :???:   Gosh I feel honored you must have been thinking of me. :omg:  Well sorry since you really have no idea what I believe. :thinking:   Goodnight all  :headspin:

This list has nothing to do with someday, it has to do with today. Manning just came off the most statistically great season in the history of the league. He is and has been the poster boy for the NFL. The titans were willing to give him a part ownership of the team to play there. He and Brady are on anyones mount Rushmore of qbs. I love Andrew, but he is no where near as influential as peyton.

Good point Jvan. I will yield to that accurate statement [what I bolded.] My only question is this: When 10 ten lists are compiled, there are usually done on an annual basis alone. How do you prevent established players from being evaluated using their whole body of work as opposed to just 5-6 months of seasonal accomplishments on average? 

Manning had a remarkable year & this past season can easily stand on it's own. I just worry about players like Manning, Brady, & Brees & how evaluators often lump their whole QB careers together that's all. 

You known it's silly when you compare Brady to Namath, right? Namath is an overrated, pretty boy QB. I hope that's not what you think of Brady.

"The Guarantee" is as credible as Ruth's "Called Shot." Namath even said once he never said anything just went along with the media. So Namath's legacy is possibly a lie.

I am not comparing their careers but they way they transcended the sport. Namath was bigger than the game because of the guarantee but also because of his personality. He is one of the most recognizable football players on the planet. Brady is similar in his star power being married to Gisele and globe trotting. He also has the charm and flair of Namath and also the success on the field which Namath did not, at least not to Brady's extent.

I would like to know how I got mentioned in this thread when I haven't even been on the board in over a month  :???:   Gosh I feel honored you must have been thinking of me. :omg:  Well sorry since you really have no idea what I believe. :thinking:   Goodnight all  :headspin:

In the past in several threads about Peyton Manning, you have said "nonsense" when I say that SW1 is a fan of 18. You clearly do not like any harsh criticism even a constructive one spoken about Peyton. In addition, you have also said that you hate my "Yoda" term of affection toward Manning in reference to Peyton's intellect & that I say the same thing over & over again about Manning. 

You certainly have a right to your opinions Susie Q. I am not reading your mind at all just discussing previous statements you made of your own volition. Nothing more; nothing less. Have a pleasant evening. 

Good point Jvan. I will yield to that accurate statement [what I bolded.] My only question is this: When 10 ten lists are compiled, there are usually done on an annual basis alone. How do you prevent established players from being evaluated using their whole body of work as opposed to just 5-6 months of seasonal accomplishments on average?

Manning had a remarkable year & this past season can easily stand on it's own. I just worry about players like Manning, Brady, & Brees & how evaluators often lump their whole QB careers together that's all.

None of that has anything to do with how influential a player is

Well, let's be honest: this list is opinion based, albeit by someone who knows the NFL a heck of a lot better than anyone here, based on his background.

Peyton has a lot of influence, yes. Kirwen thinks Brady apparently has more.

Don't forget: Peyton's latest contract was based on Brady's contract. :shrug:

Yes OUM, I would agree that fans of Manning will shift their support to Luck as well as Peyton's other brother in NY. 

My only issue with some 18 fans is that I feel like they put him on a pedestal which shields him from any constructive criticism that's all. And please don't shift the blame to me as in SW1 could you throw over 4,000 yards for over a decade per season, win 5 MVPs, or play in 3 SBs wining 1 ring? Well, the answer to that question is no, but that's not the point...The question revolves around creating idols in the media who are never criticized, never asked to put into words their SB shortcomings...That's the point. That reporters are vilified for even asking the question. Therein lies the problem: QB veteran immunity from tough, legitimate questions. 

If he would just talk about his lackluster SB performance honestly, all this heat evaporates overnight. Like a indiscretion from your youth that you are not proud of, if you address it openly, people respect you more & the weakness gets transformed into a strength. 

Gramz, used the beating a dead horse symbol in your response to my previous point. That just proves my point: The dead horse metaphor only disappears once Manning addresses his demons head on. It remains a dead horse only because Peyton has allowed the problem to become 1 & only he can fix it. 

I just think that Peyton Manning fans are Andrew Luck fans, something that isn't said that often since both are active and it is taken as being disloyal to either the Broncos or Colts. I'll watch quietly as the Broncos play the Colts this September..and then I'll root for them both to go 16-0 and 15-1

None of that has anything to do with how influential a player is

I suppose it depends on how the word influence is defined Jvan. Several factors go into that: Division wins, playoff wins, shiny jewelry, commercial endorsements, making players around you better as a collective unit, successfully adapting to referee rule changes every season, & closing out drives with a TD etc. etc. 

Actually, I beg to differ with you slightly because all players no matter how terrific their resumes are, need to be scrutinized on a season by season basis. Sometimes, I think when 18 gets evaluated as a whole his career gets symbolically lumped together as multiple MVPs equals the same thing as another SB victory & I will never see it that way. Rings, more than 1, stand on their own & nothing will serve as a proxy or substitute for them. 

I don't blame Manning for this notion just some NFL analysts. 

I suppose it depends on how the word influence is defined Jvan. Several factors go into that: Division wins, playoff wins, shiny jewelry, commercial endorsements, making players around you better as a collective unit, successfully adapting to referee rule changes every season, & closing out drives with a TD etc. etc. 

Actually, I beg to differ with you slightly because all players no matter how terrific their resumes are, need to be scrutinized on a season by season basis. Sometimes, I think when 18 gets evaluated as a whole his career gets symbolically lumped together as multiple MVPs equals the same thing as another SB victory & I will never see it that way. Rings, more than 1, stand on their own & nothing will serve as a proxy or substitute for them. 

I don't blame Manning for this notion just some NFL analysts.

I agree that stats are no substitute for championships...

I know you dont remember Wilt Chamberlain but I do and he statistically is the greatest player in the history of the NBA by far..

He has single season and game records that simply are not breakable no matter how much the game changes...

But people consider Michael Jordan better becuase (he was really, really great and because) he won 6 titles...

I sont know how he feels but I think Peyton Manning needs (and surely wants) a second title and to become the first QB to ever win titles with 2 different teams. That would erase the regular season-playoff statistical inequities you speak of...(and which do exist)

I agree that stats are no substitute for championships...

I know you dont remember Wilt Chamberlain but I do and he statistically is the greatest player in the history of the NBA by far..

He has single season and game records that simply are not breakable no matter how much the game changes...

But people consider Michael Jordan better becuase (he was really, really great and because) he won 6 titles...

I sont know how he feels but I think Peyton Manning needs (and surely wants) a second title and to become the first QB to ever win titles with 2 different teams. That would erase the regular season-playoff statistical inequities you speak of...(and which do exist)

I agree 1000% OUM; if 18 becomes the 1st field general to win 2 Championships with 2 different franchises, all Peyton's previous post seasons hiccups dissolve like sugar spun into a glass with a spoon. 

Do that & Manning moves to the top of the NFL pyramid hands down. Pull that off & all naysayers are forever silenced. So all that remains is simple: Cross the darn finish line Peyton...

You are trying to equate two different things. Apples and oranges.

I read ya VL. Influence to me means when the lights are brightest in February can you as the QB win the bleeping SB or not? And if you lose, do you run & hide using your teammates as human shields or own it? 

Brees or Brady always face the cameras no matter what. Facts are facts. JMO. Manning is great, but his reputation took a huge hit thinking he can duck all questions about his role in the Metlife SB outcome & I refuse to let this go until Peyton mans up & owns it all by himself.

Translation: Use the word I not the pronoun we. I had an off night, I wasn't sharp enough, I need to scrutinize myself first & be brutally honest. Forget this cowardly We crap. Even the great Peyton must be evaluated  not as the MVP king but a field general who crashed & burned. Do that & my criticism for this childlike behavior disappears forever. 

Redemption is possible but only if a person embraces their weaknesses & straight on without any hesitation. Yes, I really believe that BTW. It is no act on SW1's part. 

I read ya VL. Influence to me means when the lights are brightest in February can you as the QB win the bleeping SB or not? And if you lose, do you run & hide using your teammates as human shields or own it?

Brees or Brady always face the cameras no matter what. Facts are facts. JMO. Manning is great, but his reputation took a huge hit thinking he can duck all questions about his role in the Metlife SB outcome & I refuse to let this go until Peyton mans up & owns it all by himself.

First of all that is in no way what the word influence means.

Second, he hasn't dodged anything. He was at the post game press conference and answered questions. He also personally went to the Seahawks locker room and congratulated them. How many losing qbs have done that after a superbowl loss

First of all that is in no way what the word influence means.

Second, he hasn't dodged anything. He was at the post game press conference and answered questions. He also personally went to the Seahawks locker room and congratulated them. How many losing qbs have done that after a superbowl loss

Influence is defined as "the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, or the effect itself...the ability to guide, mold, transform, change, or govern something." 

Part of character & guiding or mentoring others is acknowledging our own faults not running from questions pertaining to a 3 hour performance.

Watch Manning's post SB press conference again about their "collapse" he acted appalled & irritated by the very question. Why exactly? The Broncos did collapse did they not & does Manning control the offensive reins? Absolutely he does.  Saying nice things about the Champion Seahawks has no bearing on personal QB responsibility or ducking relevant questions about a poor performance Jvan. Zero, zilch, nada...

Influence is defined as "the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, or the effect itself...the ability to guide, mold, transform, change, or govern something."

Part of character & guiding or mentoring others is acknowledging our own faults not running from questions pertaining to a 3 hour performance.

Watch Manning's post SB press conference again about their "collapse" he acted appalled & irritated by the very question. Why exactly? The Broncos did collapse did they not & does Manning control the offensive reins? Absolutely he does. Saying nice things about the Champion Seahawks has no bearing on personal QB responsibility or ducking relevant questions about a poor performance Jvan. Zero, zilch, nada...

I think you need to rewatch it. He didn't get irritated until a reporter asked him if he and his teammates were ashamed of the effort. Dumb question less than hour after the biggest game of the season. He didn't storm off. He continued answering questions after that. He didn't dodge anything

I agree 1000% OUM; if 18 becomes the 1st field general to win 2 Championships with 2 different franchises, all Peyton's previous post seasons hiccups dissolve like sugar spun into a glass with a spoon. 

Do that & Manning moves to the top of the NFL pyramid hands down. Pull that off & all naysayers are forever silenced. So all that remains is simple: Cross the darn finish line Peyton...

Let me get it straight..

Wilt won four MVPs and two NBA tiles.

Michael won, I believe 3 MVPs and six titles...

There are a few paralells. to Peyton Manning....Wilt scored 50 points per game in 1962 but he was heavily criticized when his team lost to Boston which had Bill Russell (Maybe's Wilt's Tom Brady) and Bob Cousy.. Like Peyton last season.

...Wilt lost more NBA finals than he won...I think he lost five times

His record in playoff series against Boston was somethng like 2-6.

Wilt is the only player to score 4,000 points in a season. He is the only player to average 40 a game for a year and the only one to average 50 a game for a year. I think he averaged 22 rebounds a game in his entire career..and he shot 72% from the floor his final season.

But when you ask who the greatest NBA player of all time is; Michael won six titles. Wilt won 2.. Two is not bad but how can the greatest statistical player of all time win so few NBA titles in a 13-year career?

..and doesn't that question sound familiar???

I think you need to rewatch it. He didn't get irritated until a reporter asked him if he and his teammates were ashamed of the effort. Dumb question less than hour after the biggest game of the season. He didn't storm off. He continued answering questions after that. He didn't dodge anything

I have watched it several times. Essentially, the reporter was trying to meet a deadline & give Peyton a chance to chime in about their epic implosion. A very relevant question BTW. Has Manning ever been compelled to judge his individual performance in that game? Nope. Why is that? His 5 MVPs grant him a pardon to critique his own role in such a monumental collapse. Sorry, I don't buy that nonsense for 1 second. 

Why do people always shift the question from Peyton why did you lose the SB personally as QB to gee 18 is such a swell, kind person we will give him a pass? Ah no, he's not the pope or the President. No pardons here ever. 

I have watched it several times. Essentially, the reporter was trying to meet a deadline & give Peyton a chance to chime in about their epic implosion. A very relevant question BTW. Has Manning ever been compelled to judge his individual performance in that game? Nope. Why is that? His 5 MVPs grant him a pardon to critique his own role in such a monumental collapse. Sorry, I don't buy that nonsense for 1 second.

Why do people always shift the question from Peyton why did you lose the SB personally as QB to gee 18 is such a swell, kind person we will give him a pass? Ah no, he's not the pope or the President. No pardons here ever.

Again, he answered the questions. The fact that he didn't answer them the way you wanted him to is irrelevant.

Again, he answered the questions. The fact that he didn't answer them the way you wanted him to is irrelevant.

Peyton broke down crucial plays quarter by quarter? Since when? Other than that 1st play turnover, which did not define or set the tone for that game BTW. It royally ticked me off how NFL analysts focused on 1 play so darn much. Their inability to score in the 2nd half did. 

Again, you still haven't addressed why 18 had 2 opportunities to set the record straight regarding his lone SB performance: The post SB MetLife press conference & David Letterman & 18 squandered both global audience opportunities. 

Peyton answered nothing about his participation in that game. Why is the #1 NFL top 100 player not required to breakdown his role in the SB? Tell me that...

The figure head of the NFL outside the Commissioner & the shield feels he is under no obligation to explain what the hades happened? Okay, he can decline to answer, but it screams of preferential treatment not a good stance for the most popular QB in the NFL. I'm just saying...

Here is the real question: Had the Broncos beat Seattle in the SB, would 18 be more than glad to dissect every facet of the game qtr by qtr? Probably.

Garbage.

Whether you like him or not

Whether you respect him or not

To have a list like this, without acknowledging Peyton Manning is Ludicrous.

Period.

I agree with you Gramz about Peyton. If any player belongs there, it is Peyton. Brady too. Goodell, Kraft and Pete are good choices. However, Chip Kelly being on this list is ludicrous. He has only one season coaching in the NFL and he is already being crowned one of the 10 most influential people! No.

Others that would have been better choices are DeMaurice Smith (Players Association) and perhaps the GM of the Seahawks.

Let me get it straight..

Wilt won four MVPs and two NBA tiles.

Michael won, I believe 3 MVPs and six titles...

There are a few paralells. to Peyton Manning....Wilt scored 50 points per game in 1962 but he was heavily criticized when his team lost to Boston which had Bill Russell (Maybe's Wilt's Tom Brady) and Bob Cousy.. Like Peyton last season.

...Wilt lost more NBA finals than he won...I think he lost five times

His record in playoff series against Boston was somethng like 2-6.

Wilt is the only player to score 4,000 points in a season. He is the only player to average 40 a game for a year and the only one to average 50 a game for a year. I think he averaged 22 rebounds a game in his entire career..and he shot 72% from the floor his final season.

But when you ask who the greatest NBA player of all time is; Michael won six titles. Wilt won 2.. Two is not bad but how can the greatest statistical player of all time win so few NBA titles in a 13-year career?

..and doesn't that question sound familiar???

The stats vs rings argument...It depends what matters more to the person individually.

Me? I'm selfish I want more than 1 Championship. Are there great players that never won a ring? Absolutely. Rings are timeless vs stats that get you into the HOF, but at the end of the day "It don't mean a thing without that bling." JMO. 

Your example was a good 1 OUM even though I seldom like to merge the NBA & NFL games together, but your example works from a stats vs hardware perspective. Nicely done! 

However, Chip Kelly being on this list is ludicrous. He has only one season coaching in the NFL and he is already being crowned one of the 10 most influential people! No.

Others that would have been better choices are DeMaurice Smith (Players Association) and perhaps the GM of the Seahawks.

Bingo! 1 fantastic season does not make HC Kelly a NFL wizard. The Seahawks GM John Schneider is an interesting pick. I like that one NFLfan very original! He did assemble the legion of boom after all.  :thmup:

Peyton broke down crucial plays quarter by quarter? Since when? Other than that 1st play turnover, which did not define or set the tone for that game BTW. It royally ticked me off how NFL analysts focused on 1 play so darn much. Their inability to score in the 2nd half did. 

Again, you still haven't addressed why 18 had 2 opportunities to set the record straight regarding his lone SB performance: The post SB MetLife press conference & David Letterman & 18 squandered both global audience opportunities. 

Peyton answered nothing about his participation in that game. Why is the #1 NFL top 100 player not required to breakdown his role in the SB? Tell me that...

The figure head of the NFL outside the Commissioner & the shield feels he is under no obligation to explain what the hades happened? Okay, he can decline to answer, but it screams of preferential treatment not a good stance for the most popular QB in the NFL. I'm just saying...

Here is the real question: Had the Broncos beat Seattle in the SB, would 18 be more than glad to dissect every facet of the game qtr by qtr? Probably.

Never going to happen SW. Manning is king of sanitized speech. He will never go into specifics about his own poor performance. He never did it in Indy except to say how is Oline failed him or his kicker was an * but that is about it.

Great list. My only quibble is Kelly because he has only been at one season but if he continues to bring this high octane offense and has success with it then he belongs on the list as well.