Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Top 10 Influential People

ViriLudant

Peyton broke down crucial plays quarter by quarter? Since when? Other than that 1st play turnover, which did not define or set the tone for that game BTW. It royally ticked me off how NFL analysts focused on 1 play so darn much. Their inability to score in the 2nd half did.

Again, you still haven't addressed why 18 had 2 opportunities to set the record straight regarding his lone SB performance: The post SB MetLife press conference & David Letterman & 18 squandered both global audience opportunities.

Peyton answered nothing about his participation in that game. Why is the #1 NFL top 100 player not required to breakdown his role in the SB? Tell me that...

The figure head of the NFL outside the Commissioner & the shield feels he is under no obligation to explain what the hades happened? Okay, he can decline to answer, but it screams of preferential treatment not a good stance for the most popular QB in the NFL. I'm just saying...

Here is the real question: Had the Broncos beat Seattle in the SB, would 18 be more than glad to dissect every facet of the game qtr by qtr? Probably.

Please find me a link where a qb broke down every play from a superbowl performance. Good luck with that

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never going to happen SW. Manning is king of sanitized speech. He will never go into specifics about his own poor performance. He never did it in Indy except to say how is Oline failed him or his kicker was an * but that is about it.

Give me a break. Provide me any video of a superbowl losing qb who went into specifics about poor performance

Never going to happen SW. Manning is king of sanitized speech. He will never go into specifics about his own poor performance. He never did it in Indy except to say how is Oline failed him or his kicker was an * but that is about it.

He doesn't have to. He knows you got that covered for him.

There are several post game interviews i have seen Manning taking blame. Here is an example.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/5/23/4360100/peyton-manning-wasnt-ready-for-atlanta-game

Name one NFL owner who is more influential. Heck, we know that Irsay was an obstacle, not a help, in the lockout. Saturday and other NFL players point to Kraft as being the most important person who got it resolved. But let's not let facts get in the way of your NE hatred.

It's not the point if you like or hate the Patriots. The point is its a Patriot slanted article that was brought up in a Colts forum. No matter if you disguise it by listing under another thread. Irsay an obstacle in the lockout? I would like an example or fact to back that comment up. You act like Kraft single handedly ended the lockout. So Kraft voted for the other 31 owners now? He also voted for the players union too? It is quite obvious you choose to push a New England slant in the Colts forum. On a personal level I don't feel the need to go to a Patriot thread and push a personal agenda. Let's not let facts get in the way about your personal feelings about the Colts and their owner and how you enjoy trying to put your digs in

No not Chip Kelly or Pete Carroll.

Chip Kelly may have tried a new offense but a new offense isn't going to change the NFL until it can stand up to the test of time.  Last year everyone thought the read option was the new offense and defensive coordinators figured it out and stopped it this year.

If Chip Kelly can keep the offensive production going then maybe he deserves a spot on this list.  But that doesn't happen until defensive coordinators have had the time to study his offense but still can't stop it.

Pete Carroll won 1 superbowl with a strong run game and a great defense.  People like to claim that this is extremely different but a lot of SB winners do it on the backs of strong run games and defense.  Because that's often what allows them to get past games without having to engage in a shootout with every top QB in the league.  The only difference is with Pete Carroll is he happened to fall upon a starting caliber QB in the 3rd round and he's still on his rookie deal.  When Wilson gets off his rookie deal he's gonna want to be a 20 million dollar QB as well, and he'll likely get it.

I don't know what they are talking about with Tom Brady, he's the last guy that sets the benchmark in terms of pay.  He's a face of the NFL but the NFL has more then one face.

Luck the only thing you can put him in there is his contract is likely to be huge and possibly record setting between his talent and the increasing salary cap.  But he doesn't have that much influence after that or outside of that.

Well, let's be honest: this list is opinion based, albeit by someone who knows the NFL a heck of a lot better than anyone here, based on his background.

Peyton has a lot of influence, yes. Kirwen thinks Brady apparently has more.

Don't forget: Peyton's latest contract was based on Brady's contract. :shrug:

Not here to pick fights ~  Not my mode of operation, never has been, never will be.

We do agree on something  ;)   This is just another "opinion based" list.

The part I happen to disagree with ~ is that based on his background it makes his opinion more important than mine, or any other fan.

The NFL is a Money making business.  Who supplies that Money...??

Well alot of it comes from The Fans who purchase tickets to games and licensed NFL merchandise.  What influences these "fans" to spend that hard earned money .....????    I can only speak for myself, but Peyton has been very instrumental influencing my choice of games to attend, and merchandise I purchase.  I don't think I stand alone.

And as for other arguments, by other posters in this thread ~  That he doesn't deserve to be on this list because his team lost the Super Bowl.   Well, with that line of reasoning,  I suppose Russell Wilson should be on it,  and Tom Brady and Andrew Luck shouldn't.    And to be clear,  that is NOT what I think,  just saying with the "line of reasoning" some are stating,  I guess that must be how they feel..??? :scratch:

Keep in mind, though, regarding Kelly: this list is about influence , not success. Kelly influenced several NFL teams, worked with several coaches including BB when Kelly was STILL at Oregon, and several high speed offenses in the NFL are a direct result if that influence.

How the hello can Peyton Manning not be on this list??

I don't believe Kraft is that influential either.

Sorry, but he is , and that's well known . Ending the lockout , etc. He has been for quite awhile .

Here's one story from three years ago:

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=6801788&city=boston&src=desktop

Interestingly , this article puts Brady FAR above Peyton:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-25-most-powerful-people-in-the-nfl-2013-8?op=1

It's not the point if you like or hate the Patriots. The point is its a Patriot slanted article that was brought up in a Colts forum. No matter if you disguise it by listing under another thread. Irsay an obstacle in the lockout? I would like an example or fact to back that comment up. You act like Kraft single handedly ended the lockout. So Kraft voted for the other 31 owners now? He also voted for the players union too? It is quite obvious you choose to push a New England slant in the Colts forum. On a personal level I don't feel the need to go to a Patriot thread and push a personal agenda. Let's not let facts get in the way about your personal feelings about the Colts and their owner and how you enjoy trying to put your digs in

Too bad for you that this is in the NFL General section , eh?

Sorry, but he is , and that's well known . Ending the lockout , etc. He has been for quite awhile .

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-25-most-powerful-people-in-the-nfl-2013-8?op=1

What do Jersey sales say?

If you base your lists off of people named "Cork", then I think we're done here. 

I was under the impression that Jeff Saturday and Robert Kraft both worked at ending the lock out. :dunno:

And I'm under the impression that Saturday gave Kraft the lion's share of the credit.

Or, at the minimum, that the lockout wouldn't have ended without Kraft.

“Without him, this deal does not get done,” Saturday said. “He is a man who helped us save football.”

I'm a Colts fan.

I don't post Colts stuff on Pats forums because I'm not a loser trying to troll everyone. Get it straight, chief.

That's odd , a Colts player is listed as the future contract that will define all contracts.

Two Patriot people, one Colts.

OH! THE HUMANITY!!!!

nfl-lockout-over-gi.jpg

I always liked this pic. It looks like Kraft is gonna just up and take a nap right there on Saturday. Then Jeff would have to pick him up and try to put him to bed without waking him up. "Ssshhhh! He's sleeping..." 

I'm a Colts fan.

I don't post Colts stuff on Pats forums because I'm not a loser trying to troll everyone. Get it straight, chief. 

Pretty broad brush you're painting with there... pretty... broad...  ;)

There are a LOT of Indy fans on Patriots Planet. Just so you know. Some people thrive in the "stranger in a strange land" role. 

Pretty broad brush you're painting with there... pretty... broad...  ;)

There are a LOT of Indy fans on Patriots Planet. Just so you know. Some people thrive in the "stranger in a strange land" role. 

So tell me, was this same topic started as a thread on the Patriots Planet...??   I'm sure it was better received there, than here.  ;)

btw,  good to hear from you,  Hope all is well in your corner of the world.  :)

I don't expect a PH.D. dissertation of the SB loss just a minor critique of his own QB performance in his own words. Give it a letter grade at least. I know; I know a pipe dream. 

Please find me a link where a qb broke down every play from a superbowl performance. Good luck with that

Is that your typical response to legitimate inquires Jvan? Deflection, distraction, & deviation...I thought Peyton was such a visionary why not be a pioneer & blaze a path for other field generals to follow regarding SB press conferences? Are you on suicide Peyton watch? God forbid, 18 ever talks about most recent SB performance. I realize he's considered NFL royalty but that doesn't mean he's a monarch among peasants deciding what to disclose to masses when you know. LOL! 

Who said every play BTW? Peyton why do you think you lost? Clearly, this is the rebirth of the Spanish Inquisition & a medieval torture chamber all rolled into one...Ha! Ha! 

I always liked this pic. It looks like Kraft is gonna just up and take a nap right there on Saturday. Then Jeff would have to pick him up and try to put him to bed without waking him up. "Ssshhhh! He's sleeping..." 

"Rock-a-bye baby, on the treetop,

When the wind blows, the cradle will rock,
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall,
And down will come baby, cradle and all." 

Says the guy who can't argue logically, and then yells at everyone else for somehow failing to understand his fallacies. Yep, makes sense.

Show me the line where i yelled. 

Without talking about the poster and just discussing the post, send me one post, i will continue. If you continue to talk about me personally, there is no point.

I don't expect a PH.D. dissertation of the SB loss just a minor critique of his own QB performance in his own words. Give it a letter grade at least. I know; I know a pipe dream. 

Is that your typical response to legitimate inquires Jvan? Deflection, distraction, & deviation...I thought Peyton was such a visionary why not be a pioneer & blaze a path for other field generals to follow regarding SB press conferences? Are you on suicide Peyton watch? God forbid, 18 ever talks about most recent SB performance. I realize he's considered NFL royalty but that doesn't mean he's a monarch among peasants deciding what to disclose to masses when you know. LOL! 

Who said every play BTW? Peyton why do you think you lost? Clearly, this is the rebirth of the Spanish Inquisition & a medieval torture chamber all rolled into one...Ha! Ha! 

"Rock-a-bye baby, on the treetop,

When the wind blows, the cradle will rock,
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall,
And down will come baby, cradle and all." 

I think there is a slim chance Manning may discuss that game more after he retires. I think he was too upset to say anything in the press conference and after that he does not want to take away from this upcoming season but I agree that I would like to hear from him. Not so much to hear him say that he played poorly. We know that. But no one is better at the Xs and Ox than him so I would love to hear from him on how Seattle was able to stop his historic O all game long and what he was trying to do to jump start things. He is so good at figuring out what a D is doing and adjusting especially at halftime. There are football junkies like me and many others that would dig that type of breakdown even though it may be painful for him to discuss.

I think there is a slim chance Manning may discuss that game more after he retires. I think he was too upset to say anything in the press conference and after that he does not want to take away from this upcoming season but I agree that I would like to hear from him. Not so much to hear him say that he played poorly. We know that. But no one is better at the Xs and Ox than him so I would love to hear from him on how Seattle was able to stop his historic O all game long and what he was trying to do to jump start things. He is so good at figuring out what a D is doing and adjusting especially at halftime. There are football junkies like me and many others that would dig that type of breakdown even though it may be painful for him to discuss.

I like this approach better..... ;)   (and for the record ~  I don't understand why so many feel "they" need some sort of  play by play "explanation".)   

Passion-Plus-Purpose_010513_Dont-look-ba

I like this approach better..... ;)   (and for the record ~  I don't understand why so many feel "they" need some sort of  play by play "explanation".)   

Passion-Plus-Purpose_010513_Dont-look-ba

Hi Gramz. Have not seen you for awhile. Hope all is well. Manning can always count on you to have his back. :)