Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Top 10 Influential People

ViriLudant

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gramz. Have not seen you for awhile. Hope all is well. Manning can always count on you to have his back. :)

You know it...!!!!  :P

All is well, thanks for asking.  Just been off enjoying life, away from the Forum for the summer, and still have alot more going on for the next several weeks, but will soon be ready for Fall and Football..  ;)  

So tell me, was this same topic started as a thread on the Patriots Planet...??   I'm sure it was better received there, than here.   ;)

btw,  good to hear from you,  Hope all is well in your corner of the world.   :)

Hey there! All's well here, enjoying the summer. Hope you are as well. 

I'm actually not sure about PP and this particular topic. I usually don't have much to say on these types of "lists" that are very much subjective. I think in the case of this particular one, it seemed more based on this very moment in time, rather than the body-of-work of some of the people who were on it (drawing that conclusion because Chip Kelly is on there, and he's only been in the league a short time).

Rest assured, any "most influential" list dealing with the broader-sense modern era that doesn't have both Brady and Manning on it, though, would be off. The rivalry between them has, in my opinion, raised the level of QB play across the league and changed the way teams look at their rosters.  

Give me a break. Provide me any video of a superbowl losing qb who went into specifics about poor performance

Name me one SB losing QB that got pummeled like that and then got upset when a reporter asked him if his team's performance was embarrassing? Geesh, even Welker said it was an embarrassment without being asked.

Name me one SB losing QB that got pummeled like that and then got upset when a reporter asked him if his team's performance was embarrassing? Geesh, even Welker said it was an embarrassment without being asked.

Many teams have been beaten that bad in suoerbowla. The reporter knew it was a stupid thing to ask a half hour after the game. He wasn't going to say his teams performance was embarrassing. Why didn't they ask brady if his undefeated patriots team losing to the 9-7 giants was embarrising? They didn't even call him out for laughing at the fact a giants player had a dream they held the patriots to 17 points.

Many teams have been beaten that bad in suoerbowla. The reporter knew it was a stupid thing to ask a half hour after the game. He wasn't going to say his teams performance was embarrassing. Why didn't they ask brady if his undefeated patriots team losing to the 9-7 giants was embarrising? They didn't even call him out for laughing at the fact a giants player had a dream they held the patriots to 17 points.

The Patriots loss was not embarrassing. They showed up and played and got beat on a miracle drive at the end. Denver's loss was horrific and he needed to answer it. Part of a reporter's job is to characterize the game and embarrassing aptly fit their performance.

The Patriots loss was not embarrassing. They showed up and played and got beat on a miracle drive at the end. Denver's loss was horrific and he needed to answer it. Part of a reporter's job is to characterize the game and embarrassing aptly fit their performance.

No, he didn't need to answer it. It was a loaded question. If he says Yes it was an embarrassing performance, then some in the media would say he was throwing his teammates under the bus. They lost, badly and he did address that.

Patriots loss was not embarrassing?. Says who?. You?. When have you kept a foot wrong when it comes to Patriots. Go figure.

Did you even watch the media day how Brady acted with a sarcastic smile and with cockiness.

After that video, its not embarrassing, its humiliating.

When the heck, and what the heck is suoerbowla????

Sour bowla what?  Sauerkraut?   :)  Milk?

Patriots loss was not embarrassing?. Says who?. You?. When have you kept a foot wrong when it comes to Patriots. Go figure.

Did you even watch the media day how Brady acted with a sarcastic smile and with cockiness.

After that video, its not embarrassing, its humiliating.

17-14 is not the same as 43-8. 

No, he didn't need to answer it. It was a loaded question. If he says Yes it was an embarrassing performance, then some in the media would say he was throwing his teammates under the bus. They lost, badly and he did address that.

Really? Then why didn't the media jump on Welker for throwing his teammates under the bus when he said it was embarrassing without even being asked? And it wasn't the fact that Manning did not answer the question. It was the fact that he was offended by it and snapped at the reporter for asking it when he had every right to ask it. 

17-14 is not the same as 43-8.

Both are losses and I am sure you didn't see the video, so me type that for you.

Brady laughed when a reporter said NE will score 17 points. Apparently to you, that's no problem but Manning answering a question not the way you want is.

Keep going.

Really? Then why didn't the media jump on Welker for throwing his teammates under the bus when he said it was embarrassing without even being asked? And it wasn't the fact that Manning did not answer the question. It was the fact that he was offended by it and snapped at the reporter for asking it when he had every right to ask it. 

Are you a Colts fan? 

Both are losses and I am sure you didn't see the video, so me type that for you.

Brady laughed when a reporter said NE will score 17 points. Apparently to you, that's no problem but Manning answering a question not the way you want is.

Keep going.

Again 17-14 is not embarrassing and Brady's comments were pregame. 43-8 IS embarrassing and Manning getting upset at the question is the issue not the fact that he didn't answer it.

No yes. Just more of a fan of embracing Luck and the present I guess. Not sure why Colts fans feel the need to defend Manning like he is still our QB. Denver is our main obstacle to get to where we want to go.

I've never once seen you comment on a single thing Colts related or even in the normal Colts section of the forum.

I've never once seen you comment on a single thing Colts related or even in the normal Colts section of the forum.

I have in the past. I have not been on here in some time. Just came back this week. I actually just commented on the Luck top 5 QB thread. I really don't get into the topics in the off-season which is why I have not been around. Now that TC is starting, I will be more interested in the discussions. 

Again 17-14 is not embarrassing and Brady's comments were pregame. 43-8 IS embarrassing and Manning getting upset at the question is the issue not the fact that he didn't answer it.

Thats your personal opinion. Anyone who runs their mouth off before the game and cant back it up is humiliating.

Thats your personal opinion. Anyone who runs their mouth off before the game and cant back it up is humiliating.

And by the way, Brady WAS asked about his comment and he said he laughed not because Plaxico predicted the Giants would win but that the total score would be so low given both teams had played the final week of the season in NY and the score was 38-35. So unlike Manning, Brady did answer the question and took accountability. 

What??. What are you trying to say?. 

:nfl: He is saying that his comments are in the NFL General Section of the Colts forum....Not the Colts Football section of the Colts forum.  Simple.  Manning is no longer a colt.  In fact he is not on the list which is what most of the debate has come to. :nfl:

And by the way, Brady WAS asked about his comment and he said he laughed not because Plaxico predicted the Giants would win but that the total score would be so low given both teams had played the final week of the season in NY and the score was 38-35. So unlike Manning, Brady did answer the question and took accountability.

No he didn't. Even if he did that doesn't explain why he laughed at the fact the patriots could be held to 17 points

:nfl: He is saying that his comments are in the NFL General Section of the Colts forum....Not the Colts Football section of the Colts forum.  Simple.  Manning is no longer a colt.  In fact he is not on the list which is what most of the debate has come to. :nfl:

See now its very clear. Thank you.  :cheer2:  :disco:

No he didn't. Even if he did that doesn't explain why he laughed at the fact the patriots could be held to 17 points

Yes he did. He laughed at the 17 points because they had scored 38 in NY just a few weeks prior and at the time had the highest scoring offense in NFL history. But he was not laughing at the 17 points. He was laughing at both teams being held so low given the Giants had also scored 35. Again, he addressed it and didn't get upset when he was asked.

That is what Brady said. He laughed at the total score being so low. Not at the fact that Burress predicted the Giants to win. He said he would expect the team to be confident given they had almost beat the Pats just a few weeks earlier and put up 35. It was the score being so low that made him laugh not the prediction of a Giants win.

Yes he did. He laughed at the 17 points because they had scored 38 in NY just a few weeks prior and at the time had the highest scoring offense in NFL history. But he was not laughing at the 17 points. He was laughing at both teams being held so low given the Giants had also scored 35. Again, he addressed it and didn't get upset when he was asked.

He never said a thing about total points. He said "Were only going to score 17 points. (laugh) yeah ok" I guess you didn't watch the video

That is what Brady said. He laughed at the total score being so low. Not at the fact that Burress predicted the Giants to win. He said he would expect the team to be confident given they had almost beat the Pats just a few weeks earlier and put up 35. It was the score being so low that made him laugh not the prediction of a Giants win.

No, he laughed because the prediction was the pats would be held to only 17 points. He never once mentioned total score

link?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3222404

Just 17 points for the potent Patriots.

A certain MVP quarterback thinks that's a Super-sized diss.

Tom Brady scoffed when told Wednesday that New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress guaranteed New York will beat Brady's undefeated New England team in Sunday's Super Bowl.

"We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Considering the Patriots set an NFL record by scoring 589 points, Brady's 50 touchdown passes were the most ever for one season, and Randy Moss broke Jerry Rice's mark with 23 TD catches, Burress might have been a bit chintzy.

The last time the Patriots played the Giants, in the season finale, New England rallied from 12 points down in the third quarter to win 38-35. The Patriots have not scored fewer than 20 points in their 18 victories, and the last time they put up only 17 was Dec. 10, 2006 -- a 21-0 loss at Miami in their last regular-season defeat.

Even if the Giants' defense performs at its peak, it's still doubtful New England will score only 17 points.

"I know they have confidence. They should have confidence," Brady said. "They are the NFC champions.

"I learned a lesson early in my career: No matter what you say during the week -- and God knows we say a lot this week -- we're going to be focused on going out and winning this game. We're confident, but I don't think we share our thoughts with everybody."

Burress did. And when he showed up 33 minutes late for the Giants' media session Wednesday morning, there was speculation the wide receiver was trying to avoid the spotlight.

Turns out Burress was spending time with his 1-year-old son and family at breakfast, claiming he was unaware so many people wanted to interrogate him about his prediction.

Nor was he aware, he said, that a hefty fine comes with missing a Super Bowl week media session.

"I don't understand what the fuss is about," Burress said, surrounded by at least as many TV cameras, microphones and notepads as Brady was two hours earlier. "Nobody wants to lose.

"All this is entertainment," added Burress, who was held out of practice Wednesday because of an ankle injury that has plagued him all season. "It's sports, and sports are entertainment. So 23-17 is the prediction I made, but the game still has to be played."

Told about Brady's reaction to that score, Burress said he wasn't disrespecting anyone.

"I'm not taking anything away from what those guys accomplished," he said. "They set all the records you could possibly imagine. They have a great quarterback, the MVP, who threw for a record [50] touchdowns. Randy set a TD record for catches. They had two receivers with over 100 catches.

"The numbers don't lie about what they have done."

Nor do the numbers 23-17 lie about what Burress thinks.

"Hey, look how much fun everybody is having with it," he said. "It makes national, international headlines. But the game still has to be played."

Giants coach Tom Coughlin couldn't have been pleased with Burress, but declined to say very much about him.

"I will speak with Plaxico in a private way, and that's where it will remain," he said.

New England played two games this season that were preceded by an opposing player's prediction. Pittsburgh's Anthony Smith guaranteed a win in Week 13 at Foxborough; the Patriots routed the Steelers 34-13. And after Brady threw an early TD pass over Smith, he verbally confronted the Steelers safety.

Days before the AFC title game, San Diego defensive end Igor Olshansky said the Chargers were unstoppable. New England stopped them, 21-12.

"We don't make predictions. We just let our play do the talking," Brady said matter-of-factly.

"Plaxico is a hell of a player. If he feels that way, I think that's great. I'd hate for him to think he's going to lose this game. It's obvious nobody does."

Burress was entitled to his opinion, Moss said, "but the only thing about a prediction is that you have got to make it happen."

"I think the pressure is more on them now, since they've guaranteed this victory. We've prepared very hard for the last week and a half, and we still have got a couple more days to get out there and tone some things up. But making a prediction that you are going to go out there and make it happen are very tough words to back up."

Not that Burress is backing down. He's done his Joe Namath impersonation off the field, and now he has to come through in similar fashion to what Namath and the New York Jets achieved in 1969: the biggest upset in Super Bowl history.

"Well, 23-17 was the first thing that came to my head," Burress said.

Then Burress looked at the numbered placard at the table where he was holding court.

"No. 23," he said. "How do you like that?"