Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why I don't like Bleacher Report

RealityIsLuck

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2114325-power-ranking-nfl-defensive-line-depth-charts

Ranking D-lines, Guess where we land?

Top 10? No

Top 15? No

Top 20? No

Top 25? Nope

30! Complete rip-off they need to learn about the teams before they post.

I just take BR with a ton of salt. Even if it was espn, it's just someone's opinion. I could never figure out why people get so upset over someone's opinion. If you were to write an article, I can guarantee a lot of people would think you're full of crap. That goes with the territory. 

Although I definitely dont completely agree with BR if at all agree. Our D line was nothing special last year thats for sure. But not as bad as they make it sound. And with Chapman starting and knowing the system, if he can stay healthy I think hes gonna help plug that middle and Jones is gonna be force we can use wherever we need him depending on down and situation. I think hes gonna bring more to our pressure element up front.

Hard to take an article serious that doesn't even have our players correct. Maybe they know something we don't I find hit hard to believe no Hughes. I do agree we need to find a way to generate a pass rush from the D Line.

Look on the bright side at 30 you didn't have to click very far to see how ridiculous the article was. .

Setting your homerism aside, it's not too hard to disagree with pretty much all of the teams that are ranked higher. We all know our interior line completely failed to get any pass rush, and considering we ranked very poorly against the run.....everybody gets butthurt when people do these kinds of rankings. No way in hell do we even belong in the top 20.

Setting your homerism aside, it's not too hard to disagree with pretty much all of the teams that are ranked higher. We all know our interior line completely failed to get any pass rush, and considering we ranked very poorly against the run.....everybody gets butthurt when people do these kinds of rankings. No way in hell do we even belong in the top 20.

RJF, Redding, Art Jones were all top 20 34 DEs in the league last year. 30 is too low.

They have Cam Johnson and Zach Kerr as our depth but forgot to include Montori Hughes, Brandon Mckinney, and Jeris Pendleton.

Agree. He knows nothing regarding us that is for sure, and he should be put on quadruple secret reporting probation.

I find this kind of coverage Very Common on most sites. A whole lot of Cheap, youthful 'blogger' types getting used for this type of article.

Yip, his Grand Canyon miss on A Jones is Hilarious and instantly makes anything else irrelevant.

And like many "Colts Fans" here, he has no expectations from Montori Hughes or Pendleton. Yes , they have plenty to prove, but have shown on the field they should be Capable of playing well at this level. I would personally be SHOCKED if that were true of UDFA Zach Kerr for this season.

As an avid wrestling fan, I can say that after reading some of their wrestling content as well, it's clear that they don't do much, if any, research into what they post.

Not a fan.

research on fake wrestling? I can't believe people write about it

research on fake wrestling? I can't believe people write about it

Its entertainment, just like any other TV show. It's simulated sports. Similar to things like Friday Night Lights. 

It just so happens it's performed in front of a live crowd and there are constantly things going on behind the scenes that determine what appears on screen.

Its entertainment, just like any other TV show. It's simulated sports. Similar to things like Friday Night Lights.

It just so happens it's performed in front of a live crowd and there are constantly things going on behind the scenes that determine what appears on screen.

its trash

Nothing like Friday night lights

Sorry but our d-line last year was not very good.  As a team we were something like 26th in the league with stopping the run and that starts up front and we had zero pass rush outside of Mathis who is a linebacker so I would rank the d-line pretty low based on last year.  I don't know if it would have been 30th but it wouldn't have been much higher than that.  It's not like he said we were 30th in the NFL when it comes to QBs where it's clear he's wrong.

agreed anytime someone sees something negative written about the Colts (and in some cases it just takes something nice being said about the right team or person) and people attack it like crazy. All teams have fans like that but honestly while this ranking might be a little low it's not that far off.