Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts get 0 respect, we'll show them

Nesjan3

Just watched sportcenters top 50 NFL plays of last season. Sportcenter is a Canadian network so i dont know if a lot of peeps here know about it, but they are usually a completely un-biased extremely informative network that i usually turn to for all the sports news.

Anyways of the top 50 plays we made two appearances. 

1- Pats hit on that Denver kick returner made the "Best of the Rest" category

2- They showed a catch by Welker in the game with the Broncos that wasnt even that great

(for the record most of the plays were SF, SEA, DEN NE, or GB

Point being i cant believe how overlooked and underrated we are in general. We made it to the final 8  and still dont get any respect.

i feel like the Colts dont get any respect because of the whole Baltimore situation still lingering, it really angers me sometimes, we are like the black sheep of the NFL.

I cannot wait for our new regime to really blast some sand in to the eyes of the "experts" and just the NFL outside  of Colts fans period.

Only we know the potential we have COLTSSTRONG***

Is that including the playoffs? If so how the hell does Lucks fumble recovery for a td not make it. SMH

I thought for sure that would be in it, as well as maybe one or two of TY catches, Brazills play vs the Bengals, Rodgers catch, etc etc....but nothing

Just watched sportcenters top 50 NFL plays of last season. Sportcenter is a Canadian network so i dont know if a lot of peeps here know about it, but they are usually a completely un-biased extremely informative network that i usually turn to for all the sports news.

2- They showed a catch by Welker in the game with the Broncos that wasnt even that great

Point being i cant believe how overlooked and underrated we are in general. We made it to the final 8  and still dont get any respect.

i feel like the Colts dont get any respect because of the whole Baltimore situation still lingering, it really angers me sometimes, we are like the black sheep of the NFL.

I cannot wait for our new regime to really blast some sand in to the eyes of the "experts" and just the NFL outside  of Colts fans period.

Do you have a link? I found the TSN top 50 from 2012-2013...don't see 2013-2014...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 2, 2014 - personal shot and quoted personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, June 2, 2014 - personal shot and quoted personal shot

lmao

i know its hilarious, canadian networks are not worthy, its a good thing your mind is so shuttered in or you might actually think there  is people outside of US

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 2, 2014 - personal shot and quoted personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, June 2, 2014 - personal shot and quoted personal shot

i know its hilarious, canadian networks are not worthy, its a good thing your mind is so shuttered in or you might actually think there  is people outside of US

It is not just a US / Canada thing. I live 5 miles from Kentucky and we joke about Kentuckians the same way. They do the same back to us. It is not right, but can be accomplished in a friendly way.

I blame How I Met Your Mother and South Park mostly for the Canadian bashing. Every time Canada is brought up, I cannot help but have the song in my head, Let's Go To The Mall. :)

How the Dallas Cowboys get more talked about than us on ESPN and NFL network makes no sense to me

Because the ESPN and other networks just look at big market teams, where the money is.... That's what sports has turned into... I just HOPE the NFL doesn't ever become what the NBA has become

Point being i cant believe how overlooked and underrated we are in general. We made it to the final 8 and still dont get any respect.

I cannot wait for our new regime to really blast some sand in to the eyes of the "experts" and just the NFL outside of Colts fans period.

Welcome to ALL Indiana sports.... Never get all credit that is deserved

can you fill me in?

I'll help you out. ESPN (American) owns TSN (Canadian) and SportsCenter (American) and SportsCentre (Canadian) are essentially the same show on those networks. So yes, Americans know what SportsCenter is. Hope that helped!

can you fill me in?

Not only do Americans know Sportscenter, it was mimicked in one of the greatest football games of all time, NFL 2k5! This was back when Madden didn't own a monopoly on the football franchise, and to this day, Madden still hasn't gotten it right. Why cant Madden do game recaps, like this?:

Point being i cant believe how overlooked and underrated we are in general. We made it to the final 8 and still dont get any respect.

I cannot wait for our new regime to really blast some sand in to the eyes of the "experts" and just the NFL outside of Colts fans period.

I remember when the colts won the SB we still didn't get respect and we never will. Oh well.

It's exactly the Baltimore thing that causes this hatred. Without a doubt.

I think it's more to do with the fact that Indy is a small market team and reporting about us won't necessarily bring in the viewing audience that they want. It all boils down to viewership and advertising and essentially nickels and dimes. 

The media likes teams that draw ratings and to do that you normally need some form of drama outside of the Irsay situation the Colts are fairly boring which is a good thing if you want to win but bad if you want to see them talked about on Sportscenter every night.

I'll help you out. ESPN (American) owns TSN (Canadian) and SportsCenter (American) and SportsCentre (Canadian) are essentially the same show on those networks. So yes, Americans know what SportsCenter is. Hope that helped!

I've been aware of TSN for decades (it's almost as old as ESPN), but had no idea that it was related to ESPN. I just looked it up, and your statement isn't exactly correct. ESPN bought a tiny piece of TSN a few years back. Yes, they managed to exert enough influence to get TSN to make their news show more closely resemble the US SportsCenter, but I imagine that the content is significantly different.

In other words, some people here are getting a kick out of the OPs implication that American's are ignorant of "sportscenter". Lets hope that they aren't missing the actual point - that he was referring to a Canadian show that few of us have ever seen. Unless the "top 50" clip that he talked about is identical to the US clip - just with different titles - than he is 100% correct about us all being ignorant of it.

On the other hand, I get very tired of the persecution complex that so many people have about the Colts. It has no basis in reality.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 2, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, June 2, 2014 - personal shot

The funny part is you are so ignorant (as a Canadian) as to not know that ESPN (and the show SportsCenter) originated in this country almost 40 years ago and that SC has become a staple of American television, and literally everyone in the US knows what it is.

NFL AM from the NFL Network is doing something similar except they are doing the top 100 plays.  They are currently up to #70, and so far the Colts have one play on there at #97 ... Brazill's TD run against the Bengals.  I am suspect there will be at least 2 or 3 more Colts plays before they get to the #1 play. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000342628/article/top-100-plays-of-2013-plays-10091