Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brad Wells Clueless

lennymoore24

Ok, so I know I shouldn't bring up that four letter word "Brad".  But his howling today is just driving me up the wall!

1) Gives the Colts an F for their draft.  Interesting that most of us probably didn't hear of our 2nd, 5, 6, 7 round picks, but he seems to know them better than anyone and gives them a bad grade

2) Screams about Andrew Jackson being picked over Michael Sam.  Not sure that he noticed they play two different positions.  Secondly, almost every other team passed on Sam as well, so not sure why Grigson got singled out.

The guy has lost his marbles.  Actually, the "other" Brad Wells are much more funny ( and more accurate) @RealBradWells and @TrueBradWells.   

I get his think.  He likes to say shocking, inaccurate things to get people to talk.  And I guess I got the bait.  Just so annoying to have someone write about the Colts who is always wrong!

If he really annoys you, ignore his work.  By clicking on his page, you're driving more views to it and giving him a bigger platform.  Don't click on his page and don't let his invalid (in the opinion of some) criticisms reach a larger audience

Good point!

I don't agree with a grade of F and I don't understand his evaluation of Sam I have no problem with him being gay I have a problem with his fit in our defensive system and his overall skill which I think he doesn't fit what we're looking for and his skill isn't highly regarded considering he fell so far glad for him to be drafted though good for him

Ok, so I know I shouldn't bring up that four letter word "Brad".  But his howling today is just driving me up the wall!

1) Gives the Colts an F for their draft.  Interesting that most of us probably didn't hear of our 2nd, 5, 6, 7 round picks, but he seems to know them better than anyone and gives them a bad grade

2) Screams about Andrew Jackson being picked over Michael Sam.  Not sure that he noticed they play two different positions.  Secondly, almost every other team passed on Sam as well, so not sure why Grigson got singled out.

The guy has lost his marbles.  Actually, the "other" Brad Wells are much more funny ( and more accurate) @RealBradWells and @TrueBradWells.   

I get his think.  He likes to say shocking, inaccurate things to get people to talk.  And I guess I got the bait.  Just so annoying to have someone write about the Colts who is always wrong!

I look at that draft while I think it was stupid they didn't pick a safety but I look at all the draft pick all of them have talent and I do think this team improved through the draft and brad wells is stupid doesn't know what he is talking about he gives them an F I give the colts a B-

If he really annoys you, ignore his work.  By clicking on his page, you're driving more views to it and giving him a bigger platform.  Don't click on his page and don't let his invalid (in the opinion of some) criticisms reach a larger audience

I make a point of never clicking on anything with his name on it.  I like some of the other writers, so I do go to that site.  However, for more detailed information I alway go to Colts Authority.  Don't always agree with them, but they do a good job of stating their positions.

I make a point of never clicking on anything with his name on it.  I like some of the other writers, so I do go to that site.  However, for more detailed information I alway go to Colts Authority.  Don't always agree with them, but they do a good job of stating their positions.

Yeah, I make a point of ignoring Dave Dameshek and Adam Rank on NFL.com.  Don't like 'em, so don't give 'em any extra views on their articles

Agree with all the posts above mine.....

But, that said....   a note of caution.

No one is going to like our draft.     No one.   

The best we can hope for is a "C" grade.

Our draft starts with Trent (and we all know how the world feels about that...)   then it continues with a non-sexy OL pick.   Moncrief scores us points, because the experts have heard of him.   And the experts won't know much about the other three guys either.....

So.....  prepare yourself.     If there was ever a year to do this,  THIS is the year to ignore those stories....

Just sayin.....

Our draft starts with Trent (and we all know how the world feels about that...)   then it continues with a non-sexy OL pick.   Moncrief scores us points, because the experts have heard of him.   And the experts won't know much about the other three guys either.....

So.....  prepare yourself.     If there was ever a year to do this,  THIS is the year to ignore those stories....

Just sayin.....

Like I've said, if we would have taken Trent with the 26th pick in 12 we would have had an A+ grade. One thing I like about Mayock is that he refuses to grade a draft immediately after it ends. In effect, they're just grading how a team did against THEIR rankings. And we all know their track record is worse than the teams.

It's a good thing we didn't draft Sam, after that unfortunate ESPN coverage, I think most people think it was over the top and uncalled for and really purposefully done to stir things up.  Just glad we didn't and he was not that fast at the combine anyway.

He is no more stupid than anyone who grades a draft before any of the players have taken a snap in the NFL.

Check this draft class out in 3 years and then judge him.

No. I'll judge it now based on what it is; the taking of players with skill sets that fit our systems. And based off of that, I can grade it without hesitation.

Now if you want to grade it based on what the players end up doing, feel free when that time comes. but one does not cancel out the legitimacy of the other. Pretty silly thought.

Just sayin.....

Completely agree. I wasn't fond of the Mewhort pick when I first heard it, but now that the draft is over, I'm beginning to like what Grigson did. I like the versatility we picked from the OL. The Newsome selection was probably my favorite. Most of what I have seen is that he is much like Robert Mathis, and the dude wants to learn from him so that's a bonus. I'm intrigued by the Andrew Jackson selection. I don't sexy picks=Super Bowls. Grigson still has scouting in his blood and I think this draft will bear fruit in the future.

Isn't Brad Wells ALWAYS clueless??  LOL

You'll get no argument from me. But there is a very well done analysis on Stampede Blue by Josh Wilson. Hard to believe they write for the same blog. Actually, it's hard to call what Wells does writing. He aspires to make the website a National Enquirer clone.

I wouldn't give the grade a F because of the Moncrief pick but i gave it a D+. It was a bad draft, Grigson reached for players even though there were better ones on the board. Passing on Brooks and Nix for a backup RT in Mewhort just wasn't a good idea. Mewhort was not a better player then either of those guys. Now we have to face Nix 2x a week, it's going to be tough running or throwing on the Texans now.

I wouldn't give the grade a F because of the Moncrief pick but i gave it a D+. It was a bad draft, Grigson reached for players even though there were better ones on the board. Passing on Brooks and Nix for a backup RT in Mewhort just wasn't a good idea. Mewhort was not a better player then either of those guys. Now we have to face Nix 2x a week, it's going to be tough running or throwing on the Texans now.

He's a NT, they play 25% of the total defensive snaps, not that big of a deal, plus Nix is probably hurt as we speak

Nix isn't your typical NT, like Wilfork he's strong and athletic for a guy his size. Poe played more then 25%, i think Nix will too.

That's because Poe is a freak who can move(ran 4.8). Nix can't move half the speed Poe can. Nobody is worried about Nix, he will probably have the same effect as Josh Chapman did this year oh wait Josh Chapman played 16 games(1 inactive). Plus Montori Hughes is the backup NT not Pendleton

Can we name any analyst out there who isnt a complete joke when it comes to their analysis about football?  heck i've read how even players cant be analysts.  But seriously, many of these ESPN analysts just seem to blather about.

Yeah, I make a point of ignoring Dave Dameshek and Adam Rank on NFL.com.  Don't like 'em, so don't give 'em any extra views on their articles

Dameshek I can live with after I concluded he isn't an analyst more of entertainer, I guess it comes down to if you like his style or not. I'll admit he can grate on me still but he is very good at doing player interviews that step outside of the usual vanilla blandness. 

Rank I'm with you 100%, he has a very anti-Manning anti-Colts bias and his whole I hate the Rams thing gets boring very soon. I listen a lot to the DDFP and if they got rid of Rank it would improve the program tenfold as the other regular guests are all pretty decent. Danial Jeremiah in particular is one I enjoy hearing. 

I'm fairly sure Brad Wells reads these here forums and loves the reaction he stirs up. A journalist's job used to be to sell papers, these days it's to get clicks, end result is the same as long as your writing articles that provoke a strong reaction from people it doesn't matter about quality or integrity of an article. 

I'm fairly sure Brad Wells reads these here forums and loves the reaction he stirs up. A journalist's job used to be to sell papers, these days it's to get clicks, end result is the same as long as your writing articles that provoke a strong reaction from people it doesn't matter about quality or integrity of an article. 

Before he blocked me on twitter, it actually bothers him what Colts fan's think of him.  He may claim it doesn't now, because he got blasted for his tweets, but it does.  He does read the forums and even posted above.  He made a mistake a while back showing which account was his, so now he tries and hides it.  It cracks me up! 

Dude is a joke.  He is our Skip Bayless.

Before he blocked me on twitter, it actually bothers him what Colts fan's think of him.  He may claim it doesn't now, because he got blasted for his tweets, but it does.  He does read the forums and even posted above.  He made a mistake a while back showing which account was his, so now he tries and hides it.  It cracks me up! 

Dude is a joke.  He is our Skip Bayless.

That style of journalism is the way it is now though, from Skip to bloggers like Brad and a certain Chris Baldwin at Culturemap Houston (remember him? :P). The story isn't the about the story now it's about the journalist themselves. What's going to get more attention, a well researched, well written piece that leaves people nodding their heads or a a piece that has them frothing at the mouth at the how stupid that writer is for saying these crazy things. If Skip Bayless actually believes even 10% of what he says he needs to be institutionalised. 

Dameshek I can live with after I concluded he isn't an analyst more of entertainer, I guess it comes down to if you like his style or not. I'll admit he can grate on me still but he is very good at doing player interviews that step outside of the usual vanilla blandness. 

Rank I'm with you 100%, he has a very anti-Manning anti-Colts bias and his whole I hate the Rams thing gets boring very soon. I listen a lot to the DDFP and if they got rid of Rank it would improve the program tenfold as the other regular guests are all pretty decent. Danial Jeremiah in particular is one I enjoy hearing. 

Dameshek is also strongly anti-Peyton.  No matter what happens, Peyton is always to blame in his mind.

Dameshek is also strongly anti-Peyton.  No matter what happens, Peyton is always to blame in his mind.

Oh most certainly, and I don't agree with his assertion that Rodgers is the :goat:  (as it stands now, not a projection of future career). He unlike Rank though does at least have some redeeming features.