Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LaMichael James

Dtman513

I wouldn't. He will be 25 by the time the season is under way. I'd much rather get Jerick Mckinnon who I think will be very good and is only 21, Or David Fluellen who I believe is only 22 or Jeff Scott

He's basically 21 just like the other 2. James hasn't done anything in the NFL

Dri Archer isn't going to be sitting there in the 6th you don't run a 4.2 40 put on the show he did at the combine maybe the 5th. Trent is going to be our running back. He is going to be a good one. Last year was a mess we had a different starting O Line like 8 games in a row he was hesitant you will get to see the real Trent Richardson this year.

If we want Dri it will have to be in the 5th he might go sooner. The small school kid I want is Tyler Starr.

We have our backs so none but Archer would be like a Percy Harvin or McCluster type return kicks and work little plays for him in at WR and RB it would be exciting but I think this team needs to stick to nuts and bolts right now don't see the value in using one of our few picks on that type of player. We have TY and I really think Brazil is ready to break out

We have our backs so none but Archer would be like a Percy Harvin or McCluster type return kicks and work little plays for him in at WR and RB it would be exciting but I think this team needs to stick to nuts and bolts right now don't see the value in using one of our few picks on that type of player. We have TY and I really think Brazil is ready to break out

Brazill has to make the roster first

Hilton

Reggie

Nicks are the only locks at the moment

Whalen

Rogers

Brazill

1 of those 3 won't make the final 53

Don't see us carrying 6 WR's

I could see us carrying 6 on the 53 man roster dressing 5 on game day in fact I think that is what most teams do. I think Brazil makes the roster. I think he is ready to break out. We will see. It is usually that third year for WR's

We will know more after the draft

Hilton

Reggie

Whalen

Rogers

Brazill

Sorry to say it but i hope brazill doesnt make it.  I would rather see whalen and Rogers.  We already have the small speedy role in TY.  I would say Whalen is comparable to Collie and i think is perfect for being a possession receiver even though we have reggie for that.  As far as rogers, i like his big size and playmaking ability.  Nicks would be comparable to him, but we havent seen what Nicks will do for us yet.  I think those two will fill a better role for us than brazill will.  Those speedy receivers really can be done without but you need your possesion and route running receivers to be your money makers along with the bigger guys who can get up for it if need be.

But TY has shown his ups...he is super impressive.

All just my opinion though.

Sorry to say it but i hope brazill doesnt make it. I would rather see whalen and Rogers. We already have the small speedy role in TY. I would say Whalen is comparable to Collie and i think is perfect for being a possession receiver even though we have reggie for that. As far as rogers, i like his big size and playmaking ability. Nicks would be comparable to him, but we havent seen what Nicks will do for us yet. I think those two will fill a better role for us than brazill will. Those speedy receivers really can be done without but you need your possesion and route running receivers to be your money makers along with the bigger guys who can get up for it if need be.

But TY has shown his ups...he is super impressive.

All just my opinion though.

You make valid points though. It surely will be interesting to see how the WR spots fill out these next few months

Hilton

Reggie

Whalen

Rogers

Brazill

They always keep 6 WRs to start the year.

Wayne, Bey, Hilton, Brazill, Reed, Whalen -2013

Wayne, Avery, Collie, Hilton, Brazill, Kris Adams -2012(and Nathan Palmer when Collie went out)

Ended seasons with like 5 WRs though

I disagree think we could very much could use a player like McCluster and Harvin. KR is one of our biggest needs. And Archer can fill that role and produce in other area on the field as well.

Hilton

Reggie

Whalen

Rogers

Brazill

it might not be those six, but I'm fairly confident they start the season with six

Competition for Scat Back

No room for it, only thing Rainey has a chance at is a returner.

Bradshaw is most likely the 3rd down back and Ballard/Richardson are the early down backs. Rainey is not going to take snaps from those three. Even if one gets injured they are all capable of being every down backs and all are more than capable pass catchers.

I just don't see it.

No room for it, only thing Rainey has a chance at is a returner.

Bradshaw is most likely the 3rd down back and Ballard/Richardson are the early down backs. Rainey is not going to take snaps from those three. Even if one gets injured they are all capable of being every down backs and all are more than capable pass catchers.

I just don't see it.

were not gonna just carry 3 rb's

Which will be rainey or a late round draft pick in my opinion

I think Brazill has the best chance as of now as our returner, didn't Rainey muffed like half of his returns(which wasn't many total but still) before getting hurt? you can't rely on a guy like that

I disagree think we could very much could use a player like McCluster and Harvin. KR is one of our biggest needs. And Archer can fill that role and produce in other area on the field as well.

In a draft loaded in back end talent you think KR when we have Brazil is more of a priority than S, CB, OL and a Pass Rusher? I disagree. To me Archer would be a nice toy this team still needs to solidify more important spots. I could go for a CB with return skills. The kick return is rapidly being removed from the game completely. I would have no trouble with Archer if he was going in the 6/7 like some on here think. That's not happening. I think we lack depth at too many spots to take Archer over a CB S or OLB that can contribute

In a draft loaded in back end talent you think KR when we have Brazil is more of a priority than S, CB, OL and a Pass Rusher? I disagree. To me Archer would be a nice toy this team still needs to solidify more important spots. I could go for a CB with return skills. The kick return is rapidly being removed from the game completely. I would have no trouble with Archer if he was going in the 6/7 like some on here think. That's not happening. I think we lack depth at too many spots to take Archer over a CB S or OLB that can contribute

I didn't say KR was more of a priority than S, OL, or Pass Rushers. But KR is one of our needs, and if Archer is available in the bottom of the 5th I think we should certainly consider drafting him. And starting a drive with good field position is important especially with the fact that we start our games slow.

Great college RB, not so much in the pros. Harbaugh would have gotten him reps if he was capable. Gore isn't Adrian Peterson.

Not so much about Gore being AP, James just doesn't fit

49ers are a power run team. Kendall Hunter (Or is it Dixon?) that is the #2 RB brings speed & power. James is only speed. And with Lattimore stepping in this year most likely, there's your power running backfield.

And if Lattimore isn't ready, 49ers may sign a FA back to a one year deal just to be a stop gap until the vision comes into a reality.

Lattimore will be the feature back when Gore hangs up the cleats

They always keep 6 WRs to start the year.

Wayne, Bey, Hilton, Brazill, Reed, Whalen -2013

Wayne, Avery, Collie, Hilton, Brazill, Kris Adams -2012(and Nathan Palmer when Collie went out)

Ended seasons with like 5 WRs though

I don't think that this is enough of a sample size to know that's what they want/like to do or....  of if that's just the way things happen to work out.

I'm not saying you're wrong.    You may be entirely right.     I'm just saying there's no real way to know at this point......

I don't think that this is enough of a sample size to know that's what they want/like to do or.... of if that's just the way things happen to work out.

I'm not saying you're wrong. You may be entirely right. I'm just saying there's no real way to know at this point......

I'm willing to bank on having 6 WRs to start the year