Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Re: #1 pick in the draft. GM wants Bridgewater, HC wants Clowney, Owner wants Manziel.

Dustin

I don't care what anyone says at this time. It is less than a month away from the draft, and while they may have different ideas among them, anything said is pure smoke screens tinged with a little truth. If they keep the pick, they are going Clowney. One thing I don't think people pay attention to enough with Manziel is the wear factor. At best, him being a good QB in the league is a 50/50 crap shoot, and most don't have this class rated higher than last years class which was a bad class. Second, if Manziel can develop a pocket presence, and not run like a rabbit at the first hint of a rush, he may have a couple of good years. Problem is, people compare him to Wilson. Wilson is built much stronger. Manziel may not get hurt badly, but as the season goes on, he is going to wear down. Happened to him this year in college, and Pros play 4 more games. Plus, how much speed do you think he will have after 5 years. If he were a player who had a stout build, I would not worry about him, but a 260 lb. LB running a 4.6 is simply going to crush him in half. QB's are instinctual, and he will not lose that instinct to run. Happened to RGIII. So I hope the Texans draft him. I don't want Watt on one side and Clowney on the other!

He's not 6'1". He's 5'11".

Missed it by this much 3/4 ...  :hat:

INDIANAPOLIS -- A week after promising he would measure "72 inches on the dot" at the NFL Scouting Combine, quarterback Johnny Manziel came up just short of the mark in the official measurement early Friday morning.

The former Texas A&M quarterback many expect to be taken in the top three picks in the 2014 NFL Draft, came in at 5-foot-11 3/4, and weighed 207 pounds, according to NFL Media analysts Gil Brandt and Daniel Jeremiah.

Manziel's height is among NFL scouting concerns about his pro potential, although he is widely considered one of the top three quarterbacks in the draft, along with Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater and Central Florida's Blake Bortles.

Manziel's hand size, also important to NFL scouts for quarterback evaluations (particularly smaller quarterbacks), measured large as advertised at 9 7/8 inches.

Manziel will be #1 pick

I see Manziel very much along the lines of Brees. Capable of making quick decisions, and accurate in the short game,

Brees is excellent moving in the pocket to make an extra second/find a passing lane. Colts fans LUV that about Andrew.

Manziel seems to anticipate where his recievers are headed and not Slow to pull the trigger. Cough Cough!

I think he will be a very good chain mover.

At 5'11 3/4"  Manziel is 1/4 inch shorter and 5 lbs lighter than Brees.

ok theres two ways to settle this. either the old triangle texas death way or each chooses a cheerleader and we get a jello pit

Definitely jello pit. It's the only way to make it all official.

It is ready, and in Houston as we speak.  If anyone is there...take pics.

pic+5.jpg

Why can't we take Jadeveon Bridgewater-Manziel?

I'd love to see that. He could pick off passes, or sack opposing qbs... and then have to turn right around and throw the ball.

/Clowney should be number 1 if Houston, Buffalo, or anyone else makes the pick. I know there were some rumors Buffalo wanted the first pick.

I would have thought the GM and Coach are on the same page...as why would you bring in a new coach that you didn't support what direction they wanted to take the team. I would say they already know which way they wanted to go as far as qb #1 or not...they may differ on which to take etc but I very much believe they will NOT be taking a qb #1. I think they are looking to take one with their second pick whether at the top of rd 2 or trade back into late rd 1 if they think their guy might go. I just don't see that franchise qb there this year..and if that is the case why pass up a pro bowl pass rusher or tackle or whatever. Maybe you settle for an Andy Dalton quality guy and keep looking for that franchise guy or build your team like Seattle did.

Owner needs to let his coach and GM make the choice.  

My choice if I where the Texans is to sell your pick off to the highest bidder.  There are probably quite a few teams in love with Clowney.  I know the Lions are looking at trading up to get him.  I'd be on the phones right now seeing what other teams will offer me for that #1 pick.  You never know you might be able to pull off an RG3 level trade.  

If you stay in the top 10 you can probably get either Manziel or Bridgewater.  Heck Bridgewater may even be there in the 20's.  He didn't do squat at the combine and had a horrible pro-day.  He put his draft stock into a nose dive.  

if neither of those guys are there then draft BPA in the first round and get your QB in the 2nd.   

maybe in Dallas. Smart owners let the football guys make the decisions

Isn't Bud Adams their owner?  The same owner that gave his fans the "bird"?  I personally hope they draft Manziel, simply for the fact that the potential of Clowney/Watt is way more scary than Manziel (RGIII the beta version)

That would be amazing for the Texans but Bridgewater will be gone way before that in my opinion.

They may not get Bridgewater although he is free falling right now but a very good QB prospect will be available to them at that spot.