Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bad News

12isthenew18

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to stay at the pick we have Enough of these trades ,,,,,,,,,,Take a FS .OL,DL,WR, or TE,,,,,,,,,if the one's available at #59 2nd rd are good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Basically if there are no good players at pick # 59 then either take the best player available Or trade down,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by Superman
formatting

How many roster spots are going to be filled by 4th plus round draft picks anyway? More picks doesn't necessarily mean they make the team. Especially in the late rounds.

Exactly.  Over the past two years the team has filled holes via FA.  Those players are in their prime and many of the offensive playmakers that were drafted are young guys who are reaching their prime.  Its unlikely that having a bunch of players drafted in the later rounds this year will beat out anyone in TC. 

Need to get younger at OLB and better at S. Any other position drafted in the later rounds that sticks around after TC will be shear luck.

PS. Grigson  had an excellent 1st year here draft,,,,,,,,,,His 2nd draft wasn't good at all.................The GM and coach better pull some rabbits out of the hat and mae this a decent draft  because having so few picks has got us behind the 8 ball

Edited by Superman
formatting

PS. Grigson had an excellent 1st year here draft,,,,,,,,,,His 2nd draft wasn't good at all.................The GM and coach better pull some rabbits out of the hat and mae this a decent draft because having so few picks has got us behind the 8 ball

I disagree. The first year was the glamour come in and make an impact now picks. The second year pics were made to come in and be groomed for the future. That's what the draft is for, the future.

We need to stay at the pick we have Enough of these trades ,,,,,,,,,,Take a FS .OL,DL,WR, or TE,,,,,,,,,if the one's available at #59 2nd rd are good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Basically if there are no good players at pick # 59 then either take the best player available Or trade down,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PS. Grigson had an excellent 1st year here draft,,,,,,,,,,His 2nd draft wasn't good at all.................The GM and coach better pull some rabbits out of the hat and mae this a decent draft because having so few picks has got us behind the 8 ball

CAUTION FORMATTING MAY CAUSE SEIZURES!

PS. Grigson  had an excellent 1st year here draft,,,,,,,,,,His 2nd draft wasn't good at all.................The GM and coach better pull some rabbits out of the hat and mae this a decent draft  because having so few picks has got us behind the 8 ball

The first year draft he went BPA. The second draft obviously isn't going to compare to that(not BPA). The first draft was also mainly skill positions, which are easier to learn than defensive positions(second draft). Since there were so many holes to fill in the first draft, Grigson needed impact players. In the second draft, no so much.

Grigson has shown enough times he can be trade happy so it would not shock me at all if he pulls one off in the draft. And this is coming from someone who watched like zero college football last year and has no idea who is available where and for what value.

I disagree. The first year was the glamour come in and make an impact now picks. The second year pics were made to come in and be groomed for the future. That's what the draft is for, the future.

The 2nd year pick MAY BE good in the future but as of now he failed on the 2nd year picks,,,,,,,,,,,And even draft analysis say the same

thing  Sorry to say,,,,,,,,,,Grigson failed year 2 draft ,,,,,,,,,,,,And even some of his free agents have been busts

The first year draft he went BPA. The second draft obviously isn't going to compare to that(not BPA). The first draft was also mainly skill positions, which are easier to learn than defensive positions(second draft).

Regardless,,,,,,,,,,,,,Grigson this is his job he has all year to plan it out w/ his scouts,,,,,,,,,,,,,He is paid for his expertise on this he failed 2nd draft and many of his FA's

Grigson has shown enough times he can be trade happy so it would not shock me at all if he pulls one off in the draft. And this is coming from someone who watched like zero college football last year and has no idea who is available where and for what value.

If Jimmie Ward(FS, high-middle second) or Pryor(FS, highly unlikely, but still possible), is in the second round, I can see Grigson moving up to get him.

Regardless,,,,,,,,,,,,,Grigson this is his job he has all year to plan it out w/ his scouts,,,,,,,,,,,,,He is paid for his expertise on this he failed 2nd draft and many of his FA's

I'll agree with you on overpaying his free agents. How did he fail his second draft? If you compare it to the first draft, of course he failed, but those two drafts had different strategies. Drafts are for building for the future. Second draft is where he did that. Because of his good first draft, it's got compared to his second draft, which is why I think a lot of fans are unhappy, and claims it sucks(they want skill position players, or immediate impact players). 

Why would we need a TE?

The 2nd year pick MAY BE good in the future but as of now he failed on the 2nd year picks,,,,,,,,,,,And even draft analysis say the same

thing Sorry to say,,,,,,,,,,Grigson failed year 2 draft ,,,,,,,,,,,,And even some of his free agents have been busts

can i get a link that said last years draft was a "failure"

I'll agree with you on overpaying his free agents. How did he fail his second draft? If you compare it to the first draft, of course he failed, but those two drafts had different strategies. Drafts are for building for the future. Second draft is where he did that. Because of his good first draft, it's got compared to his second draft, which is why I think a lot of fans are unhappy, and claims it sucks(they want skill position players, or immediate impact players). 

He failed on the OLINE ,,,,,,in the draft not to say those OLINER's aren't going to turn it around Holmes can have a great 2nd year or 3rd,,They say u can't judge a draft until 3 years down the road,,,,,,,,,,but this is the NFL and I see other teams making the correct picks and its a dog eat dog league and there isn't time for bad drafts,,,Look at Polin his last year's as a Colt GM his drafts knocked us back ,A bad draft will coast a team years detriment

Why would we need a TE?

Why would we need a TE,,,,,,Would u have said that if we had an Xtra TE last season,When Allen went down?,,,,,,,,And if there is a great  TE available as BPA we need to pick him up.That is if there aren't any other good players at our pick,,,,,,,,,,,,I know we don't need a TE.........there are plenty of other needs but u can't dismiss a good player if u have a chance to grab him at your pick

Why would we need a TE,,,,,,Would u have said that if we had an Xtra TE last season,When Allen went down?,,,,,,,,And if there is a great  TE available as BPA we need to pick him up.That is if there aren't any other good players at our pick,,,,,,,,,,,,I know we don't need a TE.........there are plenty of other needs but u can't dismiss a good player if u have a chance to grab him at your pick

My god is typing really THAT hard for you? Judging by your avi I'd say you're at least 25(Kudos on the goatee by the way) so you've definitely had at least 12 years of grammar schooling. Cell phone or not proper grammar is not that hard to type.

thing Sorry to say,,,,,,,,,,Grigson failed year 2 draft ,,,,,,,,,,,,And even some of his free agents have been busts

I've never seen so many commas in my life! Your paragraph (and I use that loosely) has more commas than LeBron James & Kobe Bryant's bank accounts combined!

:groan:

I know this probably puts me in the minority here but I don't think that you can judge a draft class after just one season. Players do improve, they aren't just who they are after one season in the league. With that said we knew that Werner and Montori Hughes would be project players. Also, Khaled Holmes has proved to be more of a project player as well, but should get his opportunity to prove whether he can play or not this season. Thornton was alright at OG last season, so if the Colts hit on Thornton and then two out of the three project players I mentioned, it turns out to be a pretty solid draft class.

I know this probably puts me in the minority here but I don't think that you can judge a draft class after just one season. Players do improve, they aren't just who they are after one season in the league. With that said we knew that Werner and Montori Hughes would be project players. Also, Khaled Holmes has proved to be more of a project player as well, but should get his opportunity to prove whether he can play or not this season. Thornton was alright at OG last season, so if the Colts hit on Thornton and then two out of the three project players I mentioned, it turns out to be a pretty solid draft class.

Just made this exact post in the "Colts high on Khaled Holmes" thread. Yours is just the shorter version