Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bad news for jimmy/Jim Irsay arrested (((merge)))

CantBeStopped

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The cop was probably one of those whiny butt broncos bandwagon fans who is still mad because we released Peyton.

The cop was probably just doing his job and getting a drunk driver off of the streets. If he had been a Peyton fan, he probably would have just shot him instead of arresting him.

This is an unfortunate incident, but nothing that we should be pulling out the pitchforks and torches over. Let us compartmentalize a little bit. Yes Irsay is the owner of the Indianapolis Colts; however, we can and should be mature enough to isolate the behavior of Mr. Irsay from our own individual perceptions of the Colts Team. Irsay will pay his fines, receive treatment, and move past this situation. I think Pagano said it best, "We all have circumstances." Indeed we do. Mr. Irsay will deal with his. I am not worried about the team moving forward. At this point in time, we simply need to unify and display the strength and solidarity so characteristic of our beloved team. 

The real question is why was he still in jail? 22,500 bond? Pocket change.

I believe there are requirements regarding the amount of time needed to hold someone for detox purposes in the case of DUI?OWI. Reports said he was arrested at 3:00AM, meaning his 1:00ish release would be about 10 hours. Law enforcement could be liable if something happened after releasing a still impaired individual prematurely. Just my thoughts, I'm not positive of the requirements. 

Believe it or not, I feel bad for the guy. Like his father, he obviously has an addictive personality which makes him more prone to drug or alcohol use. I never believed people on this forum who claimed he was clean for the full fifteen years, and I noted some of his erratic behavior via tweets and interviews. Hopefully this relapse was just in the last year, or so.

That being said, the poor guy has been through a divorce , and is obviously fighting an addiction. Has he let a lot of people down, yes, but even a Baltimore guy wouldn't kick him to the curb. I hope he gets the help he needs and gets back on track. Whatever the Irsay's were to Baltimore, they have been pretty good to Indy.

I'm not saying get rid of Irsay like we got rid of Boyett. But he should be disciplined in an appropriate fashion. What he did is anti-conductive to what the NFL is trying to teach. If anything it should be more serious than when a player does it. They're just players, a lot of which are still somewhat young when they do stuff like this. Not all of them, but a lot of them. My argument is for the people who are just trying to sweep it under the rug and saying stuff like "He's battling demons, he's had it rough lately, etc..."

If anything more people should be upset that they're Owner would do something like this. How are you supposed to push a team to win a championship when you're pulling something like this? That's demoralizing. Especially when people are complimenting your organization for being such a positive environment with a well ran front office.

Irsay is a repeat offender. He will do it again and he won't get off booze or drugs. The NFL should force him to sell the Colts. He is and always has been an embarrassment to the NFL, the Colts and Indianapolis.

Believe it or not, I feel bad for the guy. Like his father, he obviously has an addictive personality which makes him more prone to drug or alcohol use. I never believed people on this forum who claimed he was clean for the full fifteen years, and I noted some of his erratic behavior via tweets and interviews. Hopefully this relapse was just in the last year, or so.

That being said, the poor guy has been through a divorce , and is obviously fighting an addiction. Has he let a lot of people down, yes, but even a Baltimore guy wouldn't kick him to the curb. I hope he gets the help he needs and gets back on track. Whatever the Irsay's were to Baltimore, they have been pretty good to Indy.

You're ok in my book.

Irsay is a repeat offender. He will do it again and he won't get off booze or drugs. The NFL should force him to sell the Colts. He is and always has been an embarrassment to the NFL, the Colts and Indianapolis.

Get a grip.

This board needs perspective... In a bad way. Any time a Colts affiliate person is on the news for drugs or alcohol the organization becomes the Vatican and all who are detrimental are satanists.

These people are human... deal with it. If you never took a drink of alcohol in your life than that's good for you but your being pretty hypocritical if your judging the rest of us who may have. We all make mistakes. And plenty of us might have our own problems and MIGHT rely on things we shouldn't rely on. Does that make me filth to you? This goes beyond our drunken owner, hell I remember the small outcry when McAfee did a drunk dip in the river and he was a disgrace... good Lord get over it. People make mistakes. We don't need to belittle them just don't condone them.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 17, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, March 17, 2014 - personal shot

you are an embarrassment to this fanbase, but they let you hang around

Can the commish penalize an owner for incidents not involving football

Yes he can, Jim is still subject to personal conduct rules set in place by the NFL, at the least i would expect a huge fine and the most a fine and loss of draft picks. (i say draft picks are the worst because to the owners money for a fine is nothing)

My issue is that YES, its not okay when anyone does it. But if there is a time where you should make light of it, it's in the case of players. But an Owner? Granted he's human like everyone else and makes mistakes, but this is a 54 year old man we're talking about. When players do it we want them kicked off teams, suspended, forced into rehab, etc... With Irsay it's a lot of "Hope he gets help soon". I'm not saying he doesn't have demons to battle but there seems to be a lack of shock and appalled posters. There's a lot more sympathy than there is when it's a player.

He should be forced into rehab, with someone assuming temporary ownership of the team. Make him pay a fine that is significant enough to affect a multi-millionaire. I'm sure that there might be some sanctions that affect the team as a whole like maybe taking away us being able to be on the ballot to host future Superbowls for a year or 2.

Don't let him off easy IMO. Send a message that it doesn't matter who you are in the NFL. If you don't follow the rules, you're subject to Just as serious disciplinary action.

The Patriots blatantly cheated and won 3 Superbowls. As punishment they destroyed the incriminating evidence, and gave the Patriots the 49ers draft pick. If they don't want to establish a double standard then my prediction is, the NFL will pay off the police officers, destroy the mugshot and any internet site that has the picture up, and give the Colts the Raiders first round pick. :SARCASM OFF:

If they take away Indianapolis' ability to host a Superbowl that punishes the entire city, the City and team shouldn't be punished because the owner watched the Boondock Saints and relapsed. Fine Irsay and ban him from twitter for a year.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2014 - personal shot

Saint Beauregarde the Patron-Saint of Assanine comments.

I don't get it, can't believe tony dungy worked for this *. Get control of yourself. You're a role model to most, head honcho of this organization, and you go and do this crap. You are a disapointment to us fans and most likely your players. I'm just wonder who we lose out on because of you.

So the Colts just lost all respect as an organization.  Just went from a team that lots of player want to play for to a team no one with any sense would want to play for.  How does anyone like this team anymore with an owner with these issues.  How do we as fans justify giving our money to an owner with these issues?  As someone pointed out how do any players respect him after this.  I would not be surprised if Luck, Wayne, Hilton, Davis all wanted out of Indianapolis after this. There is no way we are getting anyone we wanted anymore. I can't even imagine that any rookies we draft could want to come  here.  It's a really sad day to be a Colts fan and I feel really sorry for him. I'm just thankful he didn't hurt anyone. Is there any type of precedent to this at all?

And there are the overreactions I was looking for today. 

Was Grigson sharing the drugs with him when they traded for Trent?

A. This is not funny

B. You are not funny

C. In the amount of time I typed A and B it still has not become funny and it won't be for the foreseeable future.

The cop was probably one of those whiny butt broncos bandwagon fans who is still mad because we released Peyton.

Or there's this extremely small chance that the officer was probably just doing their job and didn't do this as a grudge against Irsay.

url-17.gif

The more posts if yours I read, the more I'm convinced you have to be a teenager. Nobody past high school graduation could possibly lack this much perspective. No matter what you might wish to think, the world is absolutely not just black and white. There are infinite shades in between.

I don't drive drunk or impaired. I would feel the same way if it was the local post man or off duty cop. He needs to do jail time. Perhaps that will get his attention but I doubt it.

If this is his first DUI he will not be seeing any jail time

Or there's this extremely small chance that the officer was probably just doing their job and didn't do this as a grudge against Irsay.

Unroll your panties. It was a joke.

You could actually, I dunno, READ my other post in this thread.

There's enough legitimate stupid % being posted in this thread to e worrying about me.

:facepalm:

The more posts if yours I read, the more I'm convinced you have to be a teenager. Nobody past high school graduation could possibly lack this much perspective. No matter what you might wish to think, the world is absolutely not just black and white. There are infinite shades in between.

There is no black and white when you are driving impaired. Would it have gotten your attention if he had a serious wreck and killed a whole family or ran over a kid in the street? I have no sympathy for ANYONE who drives impaired. That isn't a mistake. That is a criminal act that is endangering other people's lives.

I am not a Saint by any means but I don't drive drunk or impaired. I would feel the same way if it was the local post man or off duty cop. He needs to do jail time. Perhaps that will get his attention but I doubt it.

Oh yes, because time spent in jail cures all of mans ills.

Unroll your panties. It was a joke.

You could actually, I dunno, READ my other post in this thread.

There's enough legitimate stupid % being posted in this thread to e worrying about me.

:facepalm:

I did. Joke still wasn't funny. The jokes most are making about this aren't really funny. It's not about just you it's about the lame attempts at jokes in general. 

This is really bad news, but if there's one owner who could maybe get away with this, it's Irsay.

I blame St Pattys... Hopefully, this blows over and Jim learns from his mistake.

It's not the mistakes you make, it's how you learn from them.