Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

bad news for jimmy/Jim Irsay arrested (((merge)))

CantBeStopped

By the way, those of you who are advocating that he be forced into rehab don't understand how addiction works. I'm not saying he shouldn't go into rehab, but it only works if you want to be there.

No, but you can force his *** into jail and rehab would look pretty good.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Colts just lost all respect as an organization.  Just went from a team that lots of player want to play for to a team no one with any sense would want to play for.  How does anyone like this team anymore with an owner with these issues.  How do we as fans justify giving our money to an owner with these issues?  As someone pointed out how do any players respect him after this.  I would not be surprised if Luck, Wayne, Hilton, Davis all wanted out of Indianapolis after this. There is no way we are getting anyone we wanted anymore. I can't even imagine that any rookies we draft could want to come  here.  It's a really sad day to be a Colts fan and I feel really sorry for him. I'm just thankful he didn't hurt anyone. Is there any type of precedent to this at all?

Take a deep breath.     Your post is more embarrassing than what Irsay did.     You've blown this completely out of proportion.

Grow up.   This is the real world.    People have issues.    The players will deal with this.     If this is the worst thing that happens to the Colts this off-season,   we can all be happy.

Irsay has issues.    Do you think this is the first time the players are aware of this?     Not likely.

Sorry,  but get a grip.      Seriously.      :facepalm:

There is no black and white when you are driving impaired. Would it have gotten your attention if he had a serious wreck and killed a whole family or ran over a kid in the street? I have no sympathy for ANYONE who drives impaired. That isn't a mistake. That is a criminal act that is endangering other people's lives.

If he had hit and killed someone I seriously wonder how many people here would still be saying that no one is perfect and blaming the other car that he hit.  I'm really thankful that didn't happen but there's a real chance that it could have.

I am not a Saint by any means but I don't drive drunk or impaired. I would feel the same way if it was the local post man or off duty cop. He needs to do jail time. Perhaps that will get his attention but I doubt it.

K. I'm straight-edge but I have sympathy for those who struggle with addiction. I'm not advocating his lapse in judgement at all, but I'm not going to throw him to the wolves because I don't drink, or do drugs.

Take a deep breath.     Your post is more embarrassing than what Irsay did.     You've blown this completely out of proportion.

Grow up.   This is the real world.    People have issues.    The players will deal with this.     If this is the worst thing that happens to the Colts this off-season,   we can all be happy.

Irsay has issues.    Do you think this is the first time the players are aware of this?     Not likely.

And your belief that this is no big deal (see bolded) and will be just swept under the rug and life will go on as usual is also just as off-base.

There is no black and white when you are driving impaired. Would it have gotten your attention if he had a serious wreck and killed a whole family or ran over a kid in the street? I have no sympathy for ANYONE who drives impaired. That isn't a mistake. That is a criminal act that is endangering other people's lives.

Oh brother. Why don't we find out wherry the BAC was before overreacting. If it was .1 or below there is very little chance he would be veering into oncoming traffic

This is a huge hit on the Colts image. HE OWNS THE TEAM. He has ZERO credibility.

If he had hit and killed someone I seriously wonder how many people here would still be saying that no one is perfect and blaming the other car that he hit.  I'm really thankful that didn't happen but there's a real chance that it could have.

But in the real world it didn't happen.

Oh brother. Why don't we find out wherry the BAC was before overreacting. If it was .1 or below there is very little chance he would be veering into oncoming traffic

Plus a controlled substance. Probably just Oxy. No big deal right?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 17, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, March 17, 2014 - personal shot

This is a huge hit on the Colts image. HE OWNS THE TEAM. He has ZERO credibility.

You have ZERO credibility as a poster, yet here you are.

THIS   ...

Been there and done that... 

Easy to judge folk when you have no idea what they go through,.

Most have to work for a living...     Imagine being in Jim's shoes...      It happens so easily...   $$$  =  "so called fun"

Get it together Jim.    Living sober can be really good.

I hope this ends all the late nite twitter silliness.   

By the way, those of you who are advocating that he be forced into rehab don't understand how addiction works. I'm not saying he shouldn't go into rehab, but it only works if you want to be there.

Yes he can, Jim is still subject to personal conduct rules set in place by the NFL, at the least i would expect a huge fine and the most a fine and loss of draft picks. (i say draft picks are the worst because to the owners money for a fine is nothing)

"Goodell was asked if NFL owners accused of crimes would be disciplined similarly to players accused of crimes.

“We actually hold ownership to a higher standard and management,” Goodell said. “And I think we’ve proven that in what we’ve done. It’s not just accused. As you know, in our policy, oftentimes we let the criminal process unfold because you need to do that to find out the real facts. Sometimes we don’t have all the facts, and we need to do that. What we look at is multiple offenders. As you know, that’s a real focus for us.”

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/aug/02/commissioner-roger-goodell-says-nfl-proud-have-jim/?partner=RSS

Haslam is under FBI and IRS investigation for fraud.  Felonies.  Irsay hurt himself.  Nobody else, luckily.  My guess is if found guilty, there will be some penalty coming from the NFL too. 

Sorry......   we're busy defending our owner from some serious over-reactions here...!!    :thmup:    :thmup:

Yeah I know people feel strongly about some of the posts here.  But as long as people take issue with the 'post' rather than the poster, we should be good

Why wait for facts when we could rush to judgement? My endorphins demand the dopamine rush one only gets from condemning someone higher up on the social ladder than myself.

They will not be denied!

But in the real world it didn't happen.

He's the guy you want to hit you though. Meet the new minority owner of the Colts.

On the serious side drunk and drugged driving is stupid and he's very lucky he didn't hurt or kill someone.

Well, not that I have a personal stake here, but I've always been annoyed by people who blast Irsay, but it turns out they were right. 

Get it together Jim. I know you were boys with H.S.T and all..

This is just really disappointing. And to those who need this to be a lesson, take it.

It is concerning to me that he had, on his person, multiple different pills in different jars with mismatched labels. Like I said, the team will compartmentalize and move forward; however, I am a bit more concerned about Irsay's health moving forward. Opioid addiction can be among the most difficult to rehabilitate. 

http://www.wsbt.com/sports/police-arrest-indianapolis-colts-owner-irsay/25012112

He's the guy you want to hit you though. Meet the new minority owner of the Colts.

On the serious side drunk and drugged driving is stupid and he's very lucky he didn't hurt or kill someone.

You are correct, but people on here are acting as though he crashed into and killed a bus full of Nuns. I think people need to sit back and focus on the actual crime and events and not on hypothetical situations.

He should be subject to the exact same league discipline as any player, coach, or other employee who is arrested and is using controlled substances.

No, he should be treated much more harshly and if it costs the Colts some draft picks too then, perhaps some of the folks here will get off of the Irsay bandwagon and drive this drunk out of the NFL.

Well I am not proud to say it but.....

If one has "resources" one can get ANYTHING in ANY lock up in the nation.

FACT.    

Jail is the WORST place for an addict to go.    They need hospital / mental help.    

It's all about circumstances.         Did anyone get hurt?   Habitual?   Past history?

I think Jim is in the low risk category right NOW.

No, but you can force his *** into jail and rehab would look pretty good.

Plus a controlled substance. Probably just Oxy. No big deal right?

My guess is it probably is OxyContin and if anything positive comes out of this it's that we start to realize as a group that we need to stop writing scripts for that terrible crap and look I to other ways to help people deal with pain.

If its a first offense, all dui's are a slap on the wrist

Yep, his DUI will be a slap on the wrist, but the four other felonies he has been charged with could potentially come with  something worse than a slap on the wrist. Now I fully expect with his money he will just get probation and move on.

#Colts owner #JimIrsay is charged with 4 felony counts of possession of controlled substance.

— Kristine Guerra (@kristine_guerra) March 17, 2014

If Polian were still here he would have fired Irsay for this.

It must have been too cold for a swim in the canal

Obviously these are jokes, but I have to make that clear because some just don't get that.

These were jokes.

This is why the laugh track was invented. An alarming amount of people can't detect a punch line.

My guess is it probably is OxyContin and if anything positive comes out of this it's that we start to realize as a group that we need to stop writing scripts for that terrible crap and look I to other ways to help people deal with pain.

Amen. A real heroin epidemic in my area stemming for Oxy. It's decaying society.