Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heyward-Bey = Nicks according to Polian

azcolt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyway the mods can block anything involving Polian from this site?

Like anytime someone tries to make a Polian said this thread..... this little guy pops up when you click "Post Thread" → :no: :no:

But instead of him saying no, he has "Access Denied" going across the screen?

Just asking

Uncle Bill has said nothing good about Indy since...

Do you expect him too?    Not you personally just ....   in general.

Nicks, I don't like it...  but it is high reward low risk....   so......

According to Polian's free agent rankings at ESPN, they are both graded as C's. Bill must be smoking crack. If Heyward-Bey is a C, the deceased Johnny U is a still an A+.

Polian is nuts if he thinks that. He'll find out when Nicks has a career year playing with Luck. DHB never had a season that would stack up with what Nicks done in 2010 and 2011. Wow.

DHB never had a season period. His best seasons were in Maryland. NFL wise, nothing but bark with no bite

Bark being his blazing speed.

It should be illegal to be that fast and not be able to catch if you're a WR haha

Hakeem Nicks - 5 years in the league, 311 receptions, 4622 yards and 27 TDs

DHB - 5 years in the league, 169 receptions, 2380 yards and 12 TDs.

Nicks has started two less games also and has double the stats and is a Super Bowl champion............ I fail to see any comparison. Nicks is vastly superior.

to be fair, he also built the team into what it was before the 2011 debacle.

You mean the Colts that was put on Mannings back and were never prepared for the playoffs? The same Colts team that dominated a very weak division and watched the less than average defense and special teams play waste the work of Manning? Fairness has zero to do with reality.

You mean the Colts that was put on Mannings back and were never prepared for the playoffs? The same Colts team that dominated a very weak division and watched the less than average defense and special teams play waste the work of Manning? Fairness has zero to do with reality.

Reality is he built a very strong teen that lasted for more than a decade. He brought in a lot more talent than Manning. He certainly missed on quite a few, as do all gms

Reality is he built a very strong teen that lasted for more than a decade. He brought in a lot more talent than Manning. He certainly missed on quite a few, as do all gms

A very strong regular season team that sucked in the playoffs. How many playoff loses did Manning have a lead or in a position to lead with less than 5 minutes left in the game just to see a less than average defense and or special team just blow it? Polian did very little to bring players in that helped anyone besides Manning and the offense. He was so convinced he knew more than anyone else that he turned his back on the obvious. Being hot headed and narrow minded when it came to building a balanced team made every Colt fan heartbroken every year but one when Manning was here. The one super bowl might not have been won had the Colts been facing someone besides the Bears and Grossman. You speak of reality but not one thing I bring up is wrong.

I can understand that BP has mixed feelings about Indy.  He loves the city and team because it was his home, but both parties moved on in a way that left a sour taste in his mouth.  I don't necessarily blame him because it's human nature to have jealous feelings, but his job is now being an analyst and I think his experiences are getting in the way of his new job.  I think he did a pretty good job maintaining the success in Indy, but just like other GM's have messed up in their day.  He really needs to set his personal feelings aside and give his true opinions.  Nicks is way better than DHB.  Bethea wasn't the best safety in FA, and Vontae Davis was the best choice for Indy at corner this offseason.  This is all MY opinion, just like Polian has his opinion, although most of what I said can be backed up.  Rant Over!!

According to Polian's free agent rankings at ESPN, they are both graded as C's. Bill must be smoking. If Heyward-Bey is a C, the deceased Johnny U is a still an A+.

He rated them both a C. OK, Nicks has not played well the last 2 seasons and he's been banged up a lot. The question is, have the injuries caused the poor play. Because I will say this about Nicks, who I was not real excited about getting but I'll withhold judgement, he did have 2 monster seasons early in his career which is more than you can say for DHB. If Nicks returns to form then it was worth it to get him. If he continues to struggle then it still isn't a bad signing because he doesn't cost all that much.

I can understand that BP has mixed feelings about Indy.  He loves the city and team because it was his home, but both parties moved on in a way that left a sour taste in his mouth.  I don't necessarily blame him because it's human nature to have jealous feelings, but his job is now being an analyst and I think his experiences are getting in the way of his new job.  I think he did a pretty good job maintaining the success in Indy, but just like other GM's have messed up in their day.  He really needs to set his personal feelings aside and give his true opinions.  Nicks is way better than DHB.  Bethea wasn't the best safety in FA, and Vontae Davis was the best choice for Indy at corner this offseason.  This is all MY opinion, just like Polian has his opinion, although most of what I said can be backed up.  Rant Over!!

Bill used to make fun of the media all the time he hated them. He could never stand being wrong so he sits on espn and says the most blatantly stupid things he can to prove he was right about how dumb the media is. Good job bill, keep it up. 

They should just move him to first take. I would tune in every day, if laughing makes you live longer tuning into him and skip squabling would make me immortal.

Here we go again.  Spoiled Colts fans knocking one of the great talent evaluaters in Bill Polian.   Between he, Jim Irsay, and Peyton Manning, they only put the Indy Colts on the map.  A lot of the success of the Colts was because of Polians ability to draft.  So you knock him the last few years?  How much of that was Chris?  Didn't seem like Bill Polian picks.

Then again, people still think the Patriots draft well.  Look again.  Look at all the picks they get and how many actually turn into anything.

Give me Bill Polian over any current GM anyday.  I am sure Grigs himself would say he has a ways to go to be in Polians class.

I think his evaluation of Hicks is based on his health as he currently is, not the last 5 years.  After all, if Hicks was an A, wouldn't more teams bid for him??

According to Polian's free agent rankings at ESPN, they are both graded as C's. Bill must be smoking. If Heyward-Bey is a C, the deceased Johnny U is a still an A+.

OK, but it wasn't just BP.  The ESPN site says it was also Gary Horton, Matt Williamson and Field Yates who contributed to the ratings, which are a rough estimate of contract value.  A "C" rating seems to indicate a kind of "show me" value, which I can agree with.  For Nicks, it just means that he has to show the Colts that he can come back from injury and be the beast that he once was. DHB should probably rate a "D" on this scale.

He rated them both a C. OK, Nicks has not played well the last 2 seasons and he's been banged up a lot. The question is, have the injuries caused the poor play. Because I will say this about Nicks, who I was not real excited about getting but I'll withhold judgement, he did have 2 monster seasons early in his career which is more than you can say for DHB. If Nicks returns to form then it was worth it to get him. If he continues to struggle then it still isn't a bad signing because he doesn't cost all that much.

I look at it this way...

In a "down" year for Nicks in 2013, he had 56 receptions for 896 yards... nearly triple DHB's production. IMO, if DHB had just matched Nick's stats, he would probably have gotten an extended contract with the Colts, even with his suspect hands.

Triple the production for the same cost? I'll take more of that, please.

I would like to take bill for putting together a horrible team, which in fact, gave us the chance at andrew luck.

Thanks bill for all those terrible drafts. Also for overpaying 8 players on our roster. And.for developing all kinds of linebackers just to let them walk during free agency,

Bill,

Over half of your will should go to peyton manning,

That's it.

Here we go again. Spoiled Colts fans knocking one of the great talent evaluaters in Bill Polian. Between he, Jim Irsay, and Peyton Manning, they only put the Indy Colts on the map. A lot of the success of the Colts was because of Polians ability to draft. So you knock him the last few years? How much of that was Chris? Didn't seem like Bill Polian picks.

Then again, people still think the Patriots draft well. Look again. Look at all the picks they get and how many actually turn into anything.

Give me Bill Polian over any current GM anyday. I am sure Grigs himself would say he has a ways to go to be in Polians class.

I think his evaluation of Hicks is based on his health as he currently is, not the last 5 years. After all, if Hicks was an A, wouldn't more teams bid for him??

And I think I have come to accept the Trent Blake theory.....the draft is mostly a crap shoot with lots of luck involved

Polian never made a bad personnel decision. He wasted all those picks on bad players so that other GM's would have a chance against him.

He would only pick one possibly 2 good players a draft so as not to be too dominant and make the other GM's feel bad.

Here we go again.  Spoiled Colts fans knocking one of the great talent evaluaters in Bill Polian.   Between he, Jim Irsay, and Peyton Manning, they only put the Indy Colts on the map.  A lot of the success of the Colts was because of Polians ability to draft.  So you knock him the last few years?  How much of that was Chris?  Didn't seem like Bill Polian picks.

Then again, people still think the Patriots draft well.  Look again.  Look at all the picks they get and how many actually turn into anything.

Give me Bill Polian over any current GM anyday.  I am sure Grigs himself would say he has a ways to go to be in Polians class.

I think his evaluation of Hicks is based on his health as he currently is, not the last 5 years.  After all, if Hicks was an A, wouldn't more teams bid for him??

Other teams were after Nicks but when he came to visit the Colts Grigson didn't/Wouldn't let him leave the building w/out signing a contract,,,,,,,,,,,,Much like Elway did w/ Manning

Bill used to make fun of the media all the time he hated them. He could never stand being wrong so he sits on espn and says the most blatantly stupid things he can to prove he was right about how dumb the media is. Good job bill, keep it up. 

They should just move him to first take. I would tune in every day, if laughing makes you live longer tuning into him and skip squabling would make me immortal.

I like your signature... True

I'll defend Polian by saying I don't think he means to suggest in any way that Nicks is the same as DHB because he gave both a "C" grade.    I don't think that's what that means.   I think that's a large over-simplification.

That said.....

The very idea that Nicks and DHB should be given the same grade is so beyond ridiculous it's not even funny.   DHB may have forever ruined his career with the season he had last year.   He had multiple offers for pretty good money last year.    This year, I suspect his offers will be for much closer to the veterans minimum.    His offers will be to become some teams 4th or 5th WR and to be their special teams gunner, as he did for us last year.    But I can't imagine he'll get better offers than that.

So, on that basis alone -- Nicks can play, and DHB can't -- the same "C" grade is a big joke.    Shame on Bill..........

He also rated Phil Costa a C+ while DLP a C  (Im pretty sure... Not 100% tho w/o checking again)