Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Projected lineups: Colts

Dustin

Thanks for the link. It's interesting to go through all of the other teams and look at how they are projected too. Based on what I've seen, the Colts are "average" on talent compared to others.

Of course, this is based on projected starters and is not a complete list.

Wake me in April/May. 

By the way, why would PFF project Thornton at LG and Thomas at RG? If you switch that, and apply Thornton's RG rating, it gets better.

Thornton played more snaps at LG so they probably just put him there by default.

Everyone is saying resign Vontae Davis and then sign both Byrd and Mack in free agency.

I really don't think we could do all three... Yess we have a good amount of cap space but they all are going to want big deals... Also with us trying to keep Luck, Fleener, Allen, and Hilton to long term deals in the future I do NOT think it is possible

Undervalued:  Luck, TY, Thornton, Freeman, Walden

Overvalued: Satele

I'd say we're much better than we look like from this evaluation and that's before Grigson hopefully makes moves to make us better.

Interesting note:  RJF is ranked as high as Cory Redding and he's a whipping boy for many here.  While I don't think he's quite to Redding's level, he's a very solid player and I'm glad Grigson signed him.

while some fans may question the player evaluations, & while it is early in the off season to project anything that may even remotely reflect what the team will look like next season, I really like like the color-coding easy readability & format of this projection...

It's easy to read & get a quick view of where your teams strengths & weaknesses are...

what do you think about drafting Stanley Jean Baptiste in the 2nd or 3rd round.... 6'3" 215 ish.... DB. He had a very improved 2013 season and had a great show out at the senior bowl. Imagine, Davis on one side, with him on the other, butler in the slot.... now that sounds good to me...

I usually respect PFF, but this is probably the worst thing I've seen from them, I understand where they're coming from with the Luck analysis but he's a high quality player, there's not many that come through in tough moments better than him. Freeman is way more than adequate, at the very least he's solid fringing on high quality. Those are my major qualms about this.