Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the pro bowl was the bomb

kjyb

I'm glad to hear that they tried a little harder, but I was so turned off by the "picking sides" nonsense (not the mention one of the guys doing the picking) that I didn't bother watching any of it.

Who are they representing now, themselves? Amusing because it's different I guess, but what exactly is the point of the exercise? Combine that with the God awful uniforms, and it's pretty obvious that they were trying to appeal to a specific demographic. Perhaps fantasy football fans from Oregon or something.

I'm neither, and I'm left wondering why they couldn't get them to play harder under the old system (after the SB).

I'm glad to hear that they tried a little harder, but I was so turned off by the "picking sides" nonsense (not the mention one of the guys doing the picking) that I didn't bother watching any of it.

Who are they representing now, themselves? Amusing because it's different I guess, but what exactly is the point of the exercise? Combine that with the God awful uniforms, and it's pretty obvious that they were trying to appeal to a specific demographic. Perhaps fantasy football fans from Oregon or something.

I'm neither, and I'm left wondering why they couldn't get them to play harder under the old system (after the SB).

Picking sides nonsense? Im confused

Regular draft is a TV draw, wonder what this 2 day event took in for the networks etc

Picking sides nonsense? Im confused

Having Rice and Sanders choosing up sides as if they were standing on a school yard. Silly, confusing, and completely removing team loyalty from the event.

I've been an "AFC guy" since the merger because of the Colts, but there were Colts on both teams. Of course Luck and the coaches were with Sanders which should have made it easier, but I detest Sanders.

This was all about "what players do you like" - the new trend amongst younger fans raised with fantasy football. I just can't wrap my head around it.

And again - trivial, but I can't believe they used those uniforms. What the :cuss: was that!

On the other hand, some of the other tweeks (no kickoffs, two minute treatment each quarter) sounded fine.

You're starting to sound like dudeski, negative just to be negative.  I did not watch the whole game, just part of the first half, but I did tune in just to see if the changes they made helped the Pro Bowl.  From what I saw the players were trying much harder and it was a more entertaining game.  As far as who they are representing, they are representing the NFL.  Nothing wrong with that.

Having Rice and Sanders choosing up sides as if they were standing on a school yard. Silly, confusing, and completely removing team loyalty from the event.

I've been an "AFC guy" since the merger because of the Colts, but there were Colts on both teams. Of course Luck and the coaches were with Sanders which should have made it easier, but I detest Sanders.

This was all about "what players do you like" - the new trend amongst younger fans raised with fantasy football. I just can't wrap my head around it.

And again - trivial, but I can't believe they used those uniforms. What the :cuss: was that!

On the other hand, some of the other tweeks (no kickoffs, two minute treatment each quarter) sounded fine.

I liked Sanders and Rice actually bieng able to pick and mix conferences, That was great for the game I think amd threw a monkey wrench in things instead of the same ole same ole that less and less people watched over the last few years, I think thats why this pro bowl was successful actually more then any other reason. Like you though I had trouble wrapping my head around it at first...moreso because I didn't understand how it would worked but I think it turned out really well, Just my opinions

it's pretty obvious that they were trying to appeal to a specific demographic. Perhaps fantasy football fans from Oregon or something.

I agree - they tried really hard to play to a crowd who they knew they could count on to say the new "experience" was awesome.   I thought a good deal of the game was staged for theatrics - keep it close all the way to a the final TD and 2 pt conversion that appeared to be gifted - sure seems to have fooled a lot of people.

I watched the game while Luck was in there - thought the effort appeared to be higher than years past, but when Luck got lucky with a hail-mary early and then followed it up with an INT - I said hmph I dont need to see any more of this.    Surfed back over to the game just a few more times for a few very brief seconds to see a few more INTs and fumbles - it seems they really tried hard to push defense / effort home.   I reckon since I didnt watch the entire game I can not give an opinion, but I will anyway HAH - I think it was the same crap pro bowl as always!    They really should go to a skills challenge of some sorts!

You're starting to sound like dudeski, negative just to be negative.  I did not watch the whole game, just part of the first half, but I did tune in just to see if the changes they made helped the Pro Bowl.  From what I saw the players were trying much harder and it was a more entertaining game.  As far as who they are representing, they are representing the NFL.  Nothing wrong with that.

Then perhaps you didn't read my previous posts on the topic in which I expressed enthusiasm for the existing pro bowl when many others wanted the entire thing cancelled. The "problem" with the prior way of doing it was that players played like they wanted to get back to their mai tai on the bench. That never bothered me - it's all in fun. The NHL all star game is fun when someone wins 14-13 and the skill players make your hair stand up. I watch the pro-bowl to see the best QB's lighting it up with the best receivers, not to see bone crushing tackles. It's an exhibition for crying out loud.

Ya know, I didn't watch the Grammy's today either. Something about my not being interested in enough of the scheduled performers, and either never having heard of or actively disliking virtually all of the major award nominees. Oh, and rap sucks. Sometimes change isn't for the better, and I'm not going to apologize for saying so.

However I'm sorry if you don't appreciate my posts. I'd have a better idea about whether I should be offended if I had any idea who dudeski was. Or you for that matter.

I liked Sanders and Rice actually bieng able to pick and mix conferences, That was great for the game I think amd threw a monkey wrench in things instead of the same ole same ole that less and less people watched over the last few years, I think thats why this pro bowl was successful actually more then any other reason. Like you though I had trouble wrapping my head around it at first...moreso because I didn't understand how it would worked but I think it turned out really well, Just my opinions

Now I'm confused. If you knew all that, why did you reply to say that you were confused?

It was fun to watch for once. Some of the hardest hits came from team mate to team mate lol. 

it was weird to see Mathis drop in coverage all the time. Did he even get to rush the passer once? Geesh. 

Since it was Luck's system, you would think that he would've played more. 

Those O-Lines never fully figured out that the Defense actually came to play. 

The pro bowl looked like a real football game, for once.  Players trying, and players not quite as hamstrung by restrictive rules (IE: no stunts) and playing man to man instead of bend until you break prevent.  I was ready to go do something else when Luck was going to leave the game, but I did not.  It was entertaining enough without it looking like footballs version of the Home Run Derby.

I watch the pro-bowl to see the best QB's lighting it up with the best receivers, not to see bone crushing tackles. It's an exhibition for crying out loud.

The only reason that ever happened though was because of how handcuffed the defenses were.  I didn't even realize until watching the game yesterday just how handcuffed defenses always were.  I knew they could only play in a standard 4-3 and there were no blitzes allowed, but I didn't realize they were also not allowed to play press coverage, bump & run and they also weren't allowed to stunt the DL.  It basically got to the point that the defenses just didn't care because they were not allowed to do...pretty much anything.

This year they let them press the WR's and allowed 2 man stunts from DLmen.  They actually let the defenses play a little bit and we see what the results of that were, especially from Team Sanders.  I can understand not liking the guy and that having a negative affect on your experience.  However, it was also not just about picking your favorite players.  Sanders especially had an actual plan for the team he was building.  He said he wanted young players that hadn't been to the pro bowl yet or had only been to one...basically guys that didn't know you're "not supposed" to play hard in the pro bowl. He also went very heavy with pass rushers when picking his defense.  

Now I'm confused. If you knew all that, why did you reply to say that you were confused?

I knew they picked sides but I did not know thats what you were referring to when you said "picking sides" nonsense when you first posted that especially when you said "one of the guys doing the picking"..I didn't know what you meant by "one of the guys"...Again this refers to your original post only not any following post you made

If I was an owner I wouldn't allow my players to play.....too much at stake to risk on a stupid all star game. TJ ward going low on his own teammate Josh Gordon and flipping him up in the air was moronic. Football just isn't a game that lends itself to all star games.

If I was an owner I wouldn't allow my players to play.....too much at stake to risk on a stupid all star game. TJ ward going low on his own teammate Josh Gordon and flipping him up in the air was moronic. Football just isn't a game that lends itself to all star games.

I agree but at the same time there is no way Im going to watch what the Pro Bowl was prior to his year again

I didn't think he was trying to go low at all.  Looked like he was making a typical tackle and Gordon just go-go-gadget legged him.  In that short of a split second, Josh is the one who put himself in harms way, if you ask me.

I think the rule changes helped more than the mixed teams did but I think the layer will get more praise for fixing it. It was fun to watch although I wish Chuck had listened to Prinetime and gone back to Andrew at the end if the game we all know !uck is the guy in those situations!

It was fun to watch for once. Some of the hardest hits came from team mate to team mate lol. 

it was weird to see Mathis drop in coverage all the time. Did he even get to rush the passer once? Geesh. 

Since it was Luck's system, you would think that he would've played more. 

Those O-Lines never fully figured out that the Defense actually came to play.

they CIO Reed that with someone else since Mathis was voted in as a linebacker he had to play linebacker even though you have to play a 4/3 in the pro-bowl.