Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign G Lance Louis

ColtsArmy84

Why the hate?

I did my research from Bears fans and seem to think he is a reasonable guard but injuries is the main concern and the main reason he got cut from the Dolphins. Maybe since the ACL tear his performance hasn't been the same? 

Why the hate?

I did my research from Bears fans and seem to think he is a reasonable guard but injuries is the main concern and the main reason he got cut from the Dolphins. Maybe since the ACL tear his performance hasn't been the same?

He was terrible before the injury.

Yea he is. He's worse than McGlynn.

I doubt that. I seen Louis play in Chicago and like I said, he was nothing special but he was not terrible and he would be no worse than McGlynn at guard if he could stay healthy. With that said, I certainly wouldn't want him starting for us and I highly doubt he was brought in for that role.

What is a reserve/future contract again?

Basically, when a player is signed to “reserve/futures” contracts means they are being signed for the upcoming season even though that season does not officially begin until the official start of the league’s new year as outlined by the NFL. Only players who were not on any NFL team’s active roster when the previous season ended are eligible for these types of contracts. If they were under contract, then they would remain so until the league’s new year starts. Players who were on practice squads at the end of the season are eligible to sign with any team. Hence the reason that you see many practice squad players being signed by their current team for the upcoming year to a reserve/futures contract. That way the team can continue to work with a player they’re familiar with and hopefully get them ready for an eventual roster spot on game day.

Basically a contract to get you into OTA/training camp

I doubt that. I seen Louis play in Chicago and like I said, he was nothing special but he was not terrible and he would be no worse than McGlynn at guard if he could stay healthy. With that said, I certainly wouldn't want him starting for us and I highly doubt he was brought in for that role.

You must have watched his best game or somthing because this guy is just awful. He couldn't make it as a depth player on the Bears awful oline.

He gave up more sacks, hits and hurries in 2011 than McGlynn did this year in like 120 less pass blocks.

That being said, he's camp fodder so it doesn't really matter anyway.

Nah, I think he is a slight upgrade over Mcglynn, not a starter but better depth then Mcglynn, watching him now I think he gets to the 2nd level consistently well but not a mauler in the run game....Better suited for a Zone scheme in my opinion but was pretty stout in pass blocking in 2012.....2 sacks allowed, 7 pressures...But only 11 games

Nah, I think he is a slight upgrade over Mcglynn, not a starter but better depth then Mcglynn, watching him now I think he gets to the 2nd level consistently well but not a mauler in the run game....Better suited for a Zone scheme in my opinion but was pretty stout in pass blocking in 2012.....2 sacks allowed, 7 pressures...But only 11 games

Mcglynn thinks that is a good game.

I'm really starting to worry about Grigson after reading all the comment's on this guy Grigson 2nd year was a disaster

Right....

He's put together a roster for two years that's only won 23 games, including one in the playoffs...

And in his first year he had to do that without $40 Million to spend because of Dead Cap money issues.

And you're really starting to worry?    Really??

Grigson's 2nd year was a disaster?   Is this supposed to be sarcasm that I'm not getting,  because otherwise,  you lost me....

Why the hate?

Yeah, give the guy a chance to see what he can do in the OTAs and camps.

Right....

He's put together a roster for two years that's only won 23 games, including one in the playoffs...

And in his first year he had to do that without $40 Million to spend because of Dead Cap money issues.

And you're really starting to worry?    Really??

Grigson's 2nd year was a disaster?   Is this supposed to be sarcasm that I'm not getting,  because otherwise,  you lost me.

With all those Great free agent defensive player's he signed it showed in the playoff's and both the Chiefs and the Pats where with out many of there best player's on offence Luck covered his butt

With all those Great free agent defensive player's he signed it showed in the playoff's and both the Chiefs and the Pats where with out many of there best player's on offence Luck covered his butt

Oh.

So you were serious and not sarcastic.

Okie-dokie.....  

I'll make a note of it.......

Hey, at least we can say that Grigson has seen the holes on this roster and is already trying to gain depth there. Although this guy may not be any good, at least we can see what he's got, right?

That's right. If he's better than our worst G currently on the roster, then it's a good pickup.

We're going to end up with 90 guys on the roster by August. A lot of them are just going to be camp bodies.

So tell me what great free agents and draft picks did you like in his second year

Do you even watch football? We are a team that led the league in IR players. 2 years removed from a new coaching staff and huge overhaul to the team and still managed to win a playoff game much less make it to the playoffs. You people fricken kill me.