Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Request for Grigson

TheJACKCOLT

Please build the lines, if you build a good O-line and D-line, everything else will fall into place. Football is and always will be, won in the trenches. Good lines can make up for a lot of weakness at other positions, I would just for once, like to see the Colts have a good defense, O-line and D-line.

If he couldn't see where the weaknesses were, he's blind.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He signed Thomas, already paid for Satele and maybe thought Holmes would develop. Used a higher draft pick on Thorton, and had Reitz on the team. None of those really worked out, but at least he tried.

You'd think him being a former olineman and all, he'd be all over the trenches. Guess not. Both sides definitely need to be revamped in the offseason.

He drafted two last year signed two free agents last year,signed two the year before and drafted a guy plus traded for another.

He is all over the o-line.  Thornton and Holmes need more than one year before you can decide if they worked out or not.  GC is by far his best free agent signing so far other than maybe Freeman and keeping Wayne and Mathis.  Thomas was doing just fine till he got hurt and we never got an extended look at him.  Satele was a miss as was Anderson.  McGlynn has been mixed results but a team that was strapped for cash as we were when we got him I think he's been serviceable but I expect him to move on after this year. 

Honestly, I don't think we are going to see major changes in the starting o-line this off-season.  I do think Satele will be released and we will go in another direction at Center but at the guard spots I think Thomas comes back and plays left guard and Thornton moves to right guard.  GC is the right tackle and Castonzo is going into the last year of his deal.  I think the Colts give him one more year before they make a decision on him in terms of long term.  So really I think we are looking at one new starter on the line next year and banking on Thomas to come back healthy and for Thornton to show improvement. 

What I do think he will do with the o-line is add depth and change some of the back ups.  I don't think Link or Reitz will be back as they are both free agents I don't think they keep McGlynn either.  So that leaves them with really Nixon and Holmes as the back up linemen.  So I do think you'll some changes there. 

I really believe we need a really good ILB also.  Freeman is good but I would like to have our version of Ray Lewis in there.

Get another good MLB and a good NT and our run defense will improve dramatically. 

Something to watch this off-season.  There is a chance the Ravens might release Ngata due to his cap hit next season.  If they do being a former Pagano guy in Baltimore I think we would be big players for him.  If not him we might target Cody who is also a Raven's NT who is a free agent. 

colt fans were bamboozled by f/a d-line signings and the need for another quality corner is evident.fire manusky, hes a bum.the big difference between PATS and COLTS is the whole organization.NEW ENGLAND drafts better,signs f/a's that can play,better coaching and overall more talent and of course TOM BRADY.ive been saying all year that LUCK is another TONY ROMO.A pick 6 to start game,two other picks and several bad reads doomed the colts from the start.He says all the press conference right things,but he comes up with nothing in big games.If it weren't for a miracle,the COLTS would have been done in first round

colt fans were bamboozled by f/a d-line signings and the need for another quality corner is evident.fire manusky, hes a bum.the big difference between PATS and COLTS is the whole organization.NEW ENGLAND drafts better,signs f/a's that can play,better coaching and overall more talent and of course TOM BRADY.ive been saying all year that LUCK is another TONY ROMO.A pick 6 to start game,two other picks and several bad reads doomed the colts from the start.He says all the press conference right things,but he comes up with nothing in big games.If it weren't for a miracle,the COLTS would have been done in first round

You've proven you know less about football than my avatar. Congratulations.

Says the guy with the Peyton Manning jersey, hat, and jacket on. 

Oh my......... That's a first, comparing luck to romo.... God help this man.

I agree, we have to upgrade the C,RG, and the entire defensive line. 

1. Sign Mack or De la Puente

2. Sign Arthur Jones

3. Draft a NT- Mccullers should be there in mid rounds

4. Thomas will be back at RG 

5. See if Montari Hughes can improve and takeover the other DE spot because RJF is not a starter and Redding should be used on passing downs.

Give the guy a chance, he's only in his second year with the team.. You don't find all the pieces over night. Be thankful we are winning football games.

I agree to give him a chance ... but, he should have known Satele and McGlynn weren't the answer and addressed the issue.  Drafting 2 mid round OLinemen is not a legitimate plan in the case Satele and McGlynn fell on their face again. He should have signed a minimum 1 more FA OL.  I will be very disappointed if we go into the 2014 season without some serious capable depth on the OL.

I agree game is won in trenches  there are 5 spots on oline  I think we are pretty good at LT LG RT  just need a veteran Center  I think thornton will be better as he grows into his position next year id like to see our oline be  Costanzo Thomas Deplunte thornton cherilus 

DLINE is bad I think RJF is a rotational guy need a starter  need a big man to clog the middle  acouple names to look out for Arthur Jones played with pagano  and terrance Cody 

position needs

DL

OL

LB

CB

WR

we really need to build the defence !

Oh my......... That's a first, comparing luck to romo.... God help this man.

I once got into an argument with a guy on a forum for local sports down here, saying that Romo was better than Manning.

Yes, we need help in the trenches, but I think on the O-Line it is coming. I think we could use another DE, and Linebacker. I was actually okay with the way Walden played towards the end of the season, but we need someone to bring a rush especially if God forbid Mathis goes down, and I don't think it is him.

Please build the lines, if you build a good O-line and D-line, everything else will fall into place. Football is and always will be, won in the trenches. Good lines can make up for a lot of weakness at other positions, I would just for once, like to see the Colts have a good defense, O-line and D-line.

imo the key to the ride that takes us to the superbowl. good post

Get another good MLB and a good NT and our run defense will improve dramatically. 

Something to watch this off-season.  There is a chance the Ravens might release Ngata due to his cap hit next season.  If they do being a former Pagano guy in Baltimore I think we would be big players for him.  If not him we might target Cody who is also a Raven's NT who is a free agent. 

Cody and Brandon Spikes would def fix our NT and ILB positions and then all we would need to do is find a CB to go opposite of davis and defense could be set MAYBE. then sign Mack to play center 

LT- AC

LG- Thomas

C - Mack

RG - Thornton

RT - Cherilous (how ever it is spelt) 

not to shabby.  

Then the draft we draft people at certain positions like ROLB to take over for Mathis when he retires, a WR for when wayne retires, maybe a Safety and another CB and offensive lineman

I once got into an argument with a guy on a forum for local sports down here, saying that Romo was better than Manning.

Yes, we need help in the trenches, but I think on the O-Line it is coming. I think we could use another DE, and Linebacker. I was actually okay with the way Walden played towards the end of the season, but we need someone to bring a rush especially if God forbid Mathis goes down, and I don't think it is him.

sorry to say but luck is better then Romo. his come from behind record proves it. plus luck has led his team to more play off appearances in the last three years then romo has lol and Luck has been in the league for only two lol

Didn't the browns just sign Mack for a multi year contract and isn't thinking about giving him up?

That was Joe Thomas for $84M / 7 years.  

Alex Mack is a FA but says he would like to stay in Cleveland and will give them a chance to match any offer he receives (until he sees the world outside of Cleveland and his other possibilities).

If it weren't for Luck the Colts likely don't make the playoffs. Be careful what you wish for.

Consider the source. Carl has a very skewed and unknowledgable way of thinking.

Oh I know lol. I just find it funny how these fans harp on every mistake, but don't think for a second what the state of our franchise would be right now without Andrew.

That's not absolving Luck from his mistakes either, but even a dope can see he does far more good than harm.

It's hard to have too many complaints with Grigson.  We're 23-12 in two seasons(counting play-offs) during a rebuilding project.  If we hadn't lost so many players, maybe we're hosting the game this weekend and the outcome ends up quite differently.  Heck, we were only one game behind New England.