Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your #1 weakness with the team?

ReMeDy

If you had to pick only one, what would it be and why? To me, it's Greg Manusky. Look at these scores we gave up throughout the season:

Playoffs Week 1: KC 44

Playoffs Week 2: NE 43

Week 7: DEN 33

Week 10: STL 38 (Rams ended season with 21st scoring... 30th in yds... 27th in passing yds)

Week 12: ARI 40

Week 14: CIN 42

And this time, Special Teams played phenomenal for us, so these are legit defensive issues. Luck also rarely turned the ball over, except in the playoffs. Of those games, KC, Arizona, and St. Louis are not stellar offensively, and St. Louis is especially bad.

We had a hard time with defensive adjustments and the same issues kept biting us, namely crossing patterns and failing to double team (ex. Andre Johnson). Our biggest issue was probably failing to stop offenses on 3rd down.

If we let one guy go this off-season, I hope it's Manusky. I'm just not seeing anything out of this guy.

Free Agent signings/2013 drafting and most coaching, special teams was fine and o-line coach just worked with what was given to them, lots to choose from for me

My number 1 weakness has to be the defensive coaches though

If you had to pick only one, what would it be and why? To me, it's Greg Manusky. Look at these scores we gave up throughout the season:

Playoffs Week 1: KC 44

Playoffs Week 2: NE 43

Week 7: DEN 33

Week 10: STL 38 (Rams ended season with 21st scoring... 30th in yds... 27th in passing yds)

Week 12: ARI 40

Week 14: CIN 42

And this time, Special Teams played phenomenal for us, so these are legit defensive issues. Luck also rarely turned the ball over, except in the playoffs. Of those games, KC, Arizona, and St. Louis are not stellar offensively, and St. Louis is especially bad.

We had a hard time with defensive adjustments and the same issues kept biting us, namely crossing patterns and failing to double team (ex. Andre Johnson). Our biggest issue was probably failing to stop offenses on 3rd down.

If we let one guy go this off-season, I hope it's Manusky. I'm just not seeing anything out of this guy.

wade Phillips?

Defensive line is the #1 weakness on this team. O-line had it's moments but overall they have played ok. RJF, Franklin shouldn't be on the team and Redding should be only used as a pass rusher. We need a massive NT and 2 run stopping DE's.

LOL.  The DL is a strength of the team, not a weakness.  RJF has played very well, far better than I expected.  The only one that needs to go is Franklin but he was simply brought in as a stop-gap anyway until Chapman got up to speed.  Chapman IS the massive NT.  the huge majority of issues with the run defense has been on the ILBs and the safeties.

OLine. If we had a better OLine, Luck would have far more time and we could have a pretty good running attack.  NE always has a good OLine. Look what it does for Brady having time and the RBs they put back there.

pats have new rbs almost every season and anyone they put in does good behind that great o-line

Coaching

• Play calling
  • Not agressive

Defense

• Secondary
  • Linebackers
  • Lack off pass rush
  • Cant stop the run

Offense

• Run first offense
  • Offensive line 
  • Lack of play makers

LOL you got any positives about the Colts...

:facepalm: , or was this just a post game reaction???

I can't believe how some people can say that our OL is not our #1 weakness when we have the worst center and right guard in the league.

Although our DL did not play great. I'm more concerned with the secondary. We need a cb badly to play with Davis and Butler. And our safeties can hit but can't cover a peanut with a beach towel.

I think our young LB are fine. And Mathis is playing the best football of his career.

This team has shown improvement even with all the key injuries. As long as that continues we should be proud.

Well it was just based off of the Pats game.

Fair enough, I just don't think that we gotta throw out the progress this team has made and abandon the overall philosophy this team is being built upon.

I mean after tonight how can you dismiss "Run the ball, Stop the run" that they are trying to establish?

I don't think it's a failure of philosophy, it's still lack of talent.

Still time to fix that without throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Tough loss, but this team is a great deal better than last years.

Give us half of our injured players back, and fix the O-line, we be bad!!!

Yeah, even after being supportive all season, our DC's tenure needs to be looked at.