Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your #1 weakness with the team?

ReMeDy

1 . Interior O-line, Hugh Thornton is okay but need some good guard and center play if we intend to dominate the run game.  May be we can get Munchak as a coach 

1A Safeties--is it just me or Landry seemed out of position most of the times or was trying to make Sportscenter tackles. Bethea, love what he has done but seems to have lost a step

1B. We got beefy with the D-line but for can't seem to stop the run..

1. Trent Richardson

2. Trent Richardson

3. Trent Richardson

4. STILL a horrible run Defense after 15 years of it being our Achilles heel

5. Trent Richardson

6. The injury bug

7. Pansy coaching- for real, who punts on 4th and short down by 3 scores with 8 minutes left in a playoff game? Did Jim Caldwell call that play in from his couch?

8. Trent Richardson is the slowest rb of all time

9. The injury bug

10. Laron Landry

Enjoyed the great season. Obviously we can nit pick and always find a reason to complain when we lose.. Especially after losing 337 trillion playoff games. Oh well, it just wasn't in the cards. And by not in the cards I mean Bob Sanders didn't return to shut down the run and carry us on his back to a Super Bowl run and win.

This overall young team will continue to gain experience and improve, as long as we don't lose 15,000 starters next year to injury. My head is up and looking forward to the future.. But I have to say I've had just about all I can take of losing to the Patriots. The day Tom Brady and/or Bill Belichek retire will be the single greatest day in Colts history.. Greater than winning the Super Bowl. 999 septillion times better.

Now go ahead and roast me for my views, especially my listings of Trent Richardson. I've been a naughty boy for having such audacity and I need you to correct and shame me on the forum. =)

And with all of that being said, my final thought: Andrew Luck is going to be unstoppable very soon.

If you had to pick only one, what would it be and why? To me, it's Greg Manusky. Look at these scores we gave up throughout the season:

Playoffs Week 1: KC 44

Playoffs Week 2: NE 43

Week 7: DEN 33

Week 10: STL 38 (Rams ended season with 21st scoring... 30th in yds... 27th in passing yds)

Week 12: ARI 40

Week 14: CIN 42

And this time, Special Teams played phenomenal for us, so these are legit defensive issues. Luck also rarely turned the ball over, except in the playoffs. Of those games, KC, Arizona, and St. Louis are not stellar offensively, and St. Louis is especially bad.

We had a hard time with defensive adjustments and the same issues kept biting us, namely crossing patterns and failing to double team (ex. Andre Johnson). Our biggest issue was probably failing to stop offenses on 3rd down.

If we let one guy go this off-season, I hope it's Manusky. I'm just not seeing anything out of this guy.

you bring alot of points to the table...I might be alone with this, but i felt Pagano played 

O-Line, OC, and DC nuff said.

could HC be an issue, we had almost 40secs and 2 timeouts before half and we run the ball...if we go for a fg its a different game. Dont get me wrong or bash me. I love Chuck and what he brings but. How do you determine play call before half 

you bring alot of points to the table...I might be alone with this, but i felt Pagano played 

could HC be an issue, we had almost 40secs and 2 timeouts before half and we run the ball...if we go for a fg its a different game. Dont get me wrong or bash me. I love Chuck and what he brings but. How do you determine play call before half 

Traditionally what I've seen is that on the first play of the drive, the team runs a draw or a screen and if it goes for decent yardage then they call a timeout, go uptempo and try to get a drive going.  If that first play gets shut down then they just run the clock out.  Personally I've never understood this philosophy but it seems to be the norm.