Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the coaching staff just quit.

Dustin

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

punting on 4th and 1 down by 3 TDs is conceding defeat.

it was not conceding but field postion played a part in that. if we would have gone and failed and NE scored you would be gripping about why they went for it. it is a catch 22 situation. I would have liked them to go for it but i understand the reasoning behind not as we were on like our 30 yard line.

Punting on 4th and 1 down by 21 points? Embarrassing.

Pagano made a lot of bad decisions like this over the course of the year.

Another one i did not like was taking 2 timeouts into halftime when we still had about 45 seconds or so to play with.  This is another thing he did all season long.

I think Chuck is the elephant in the room.  Everyone is happy that he's regained his health and got the leukemia in remission, but going into this season we had no idea whether he was a good coach or not.  I'm not sure either way, but I think the number of times this team came out and got in huge holes (which they eventually fought out of) is an indication of poor preparation.

I didn't like the call either, but it's not indefensible. They probably thought they could force a quick stop against a conservative Patriots offense.

The line didn't get a push all game, so that couldn't have given them confidence.

If Pagano thought that then he should be fired.  Defense hadn't stopped them the entire game.  They were conservative the entire game.  Brady could have sat this one out and the Pats would have still won. 

If Pagano thought that then he should be fired. Defense hadn't stopped them the entire game. They were conservative the entire game. Brady could have sat this one out and the Pats would have still won.

The defense forced several 3 and outs. I didn't agree with the call as I mentioned in my original post. It was too conservative by far.

The Patriots, on the other hand, could afford to be conservative. Our offense made some big plays, but nothing consistent. They beat on our defense all game long even when it wasn't working, even when they had some success throwing crossing routes.

They beat us down and wore us out, then pulled away in the fourth quarter. Despite all that, it could've been a different game without the turnovers.

Pagano continues to make obvious gaffes. We got the ball back before the half, with time, and time outs enough to drive down to at least get into FG range, and we just run for shelter. 

The 4th and 1 call was almost as dubious a call as caldwell's timeout to allow the jets another play to get into FG range. 

Time is precious. As we saw with Peyton. We let little % keep adding up every year, making a vow to get it right next time. There was always next time. 

And then 14 years, 1 Super Bowl win, and a lot of post-season letdown later it was all over. We're just lucky we got the opportunity to go from one great to another at quarterback.

I have zero interest in seeing the same complacency repeated, 

Pagano made a lot of bad decisions like this over the course of the year.

Another one i did not like was taking 2 timeouts into halftime when we still had about 45 seconds or so to play with. This is another thing he did all season long.

Or calling the timeout when the Patriots had the ball AT the end of the half, getting the ball back, then running out the clock.

That's actually the right call and I said they have to punt now after not making it while everyone around me said they'd go for it. I can assure you BB would have punted. 10:30 minutes left can be 3 possessions and with TDs each possession that makes it a tie.

An easy FG if you don't make it on 4th down totally cements the game and that chance for 3 possessions to tie no matter how small is gone.

Its the right football call.

I don't understand the play calling half the time. Luck gets 2 long completions and one is a touchdown pass to Brazill. The very next possession, we go back to running the ball with Brown and Richardson!! What the hell?? Give Luck the ball and let him win the game. It was clear all year, we don't have a running game. I'm tired of seeing all these run plays get stopped behind the line of scrimmage. Get a clue and wake up Pep and Chuck!!

I don't understand the play calling half the time. Luck gets 2 long completions and one is a touchdown pass to Brazill. The very next possession, we go back to running the ball with Brown and Richardson!! What the hell?? Give Luck the ball and let him win the game. It was clear all year, we don't have a running game. I'm tired of seeing all these run plays get stopped behind the line of scrimmage. Get a clue and wake up Pep and Chuck!!

That I agree with- at least on a couple occasions. I said "watch, they will run here still trying to establish the run". That's too predictable when for a fan can call a play that should still be a mystery at that point in time.

Better coaches than him have been replaced.

Schottenheimer after 13-3.

A nice guy with a good record as a secondary coach.

Not the best guy available to lead us to the top in the years to come. .

Ken Whisenhunt did great things with Warner and now Phillip Rivers.

Andrew needs Elite, NFL Proven Guidance.

Grigson Failed the franchise with his O-Line decisions.

McGlynn even on the roster.

Link over Ijalana? Pitiful!!

Cherillus highest paid RT?

Werner?

T Rich?

Walden at twice the $$ over Hughes for 7th rounder Sheppard?

Griggs and his team definitely have a number of Wins with their finds.

Like Freeman. With his team worst PFF -5 against the pass giving up a 79% completion rate.

Or as a Homer would say, Freeman is our best ILB`er and should have been a pro bowler.

Not that i don`t like him, but he is what he is, pretty decent against the run and gives Great Effort, not what MOST Colt (Angerer) fans think he is Overall.

It is not how many tackles you make, it is where you make the tackles.

A. Bethea had a -4 overall PFF score for the season. Yes we know he makes quite a few good plays but there are plenty of times he is late to the spot and he has never been very good defending the pass.

I think Pep has got some changes to make....up until the Blount TD run (the nail in the coffin) here is how we ran on first down. 

4 runs between guards, 7 up the middle, 1 under LT, 1 to the left end.......

13 runs on first down, 12 of them were inside the tackles......That seems crazy to me....and that was just on first down.....

We had 2 runs to the outside the entire game....20 rushes, and 2 of them were to the outside.....seems a bit uneven to me... 

Your constant patronization on an online message board regarding a team you support and in no way contributed to just screams inferiority complex.

Not sure about you but I can root for my team while recognizing the seasons by other teams. This was a pretty special year by the Colts with the teams they beat and the comeback against KC.

while i agree the punt was the right move, i also agree that pagano does play not to lose. pep was horrible at play calling especially in 1st halfs of games. he had some nice plays. but this isnt college you cant continue to establish the run ( especially when you have a below average running game) while putting yourself in a 2-3 possession hole. another complaint i've had for years has been the return game. we finally found a return man in karim last season, then let him go. whelan returning punts and KO's why even bother.by the way. what happened to Da Rick rodgers yesterday he didnt show up in the stats. i had to watch the game while working so i had no volume. i thought his size and speed couldve made a huge difference

That's actually the right call and I said they have to punt now after not making it while everyone around me said they'd go for it. I can assure you BB would have punted. 10:30 minutes left can be 3 possessions and with TDs each possession that makes it a tie.

An easy FG if you don't make it on 4th down totally cements the game and that chance for 3 possessions to tie no matter how small is gone.

very true to much time on the clock..The people saying you have go for it, don't know football.

This is sooo wrong. Do you remember BB going for it on 4th and 1 against Peyton on his own 20 yd line, and I think he was winning!

A coach has to evaluate the game at hand a see that the D was playing poorly. It was a very bad call.

I am really over the attitude that some have of when we lose the coaches don't know what they are doing and look lost and make excuses for the players and then when we win it's how awesome the players did with very little mention of the coaches. 

Pagano made a mistake not going for it on 4th and 1 but this team has gone to the playoffs two years in a row after a 2-14 season and completely gutting the roster and won the division the second year as well as winning a playoff game this year.  The coaches are doing something right. 

One of the reasons you punt on 4th & 1 down that many possessions is because you trust your defense more than your offense and if you know your opponent is bad at running the ball, but frankly, I trusted our offense more than our defense and our defense was getting gashed against the runs all game long.

Made no sense to me.