Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: RG3 bragged to teammates he could influence Redskins owner

ReMeDy

it's not too late for him to grow up

I think the culture at the Redskins organization needs some work if it allowed this to evolve

He's just a kid.........and he really needs someone to give him some good advice..........and he needs to listen

If his fellow team mates are ratting him out like this........RGIII is not a leader.......he's toxic

That said, he can change.......hope he does ..........especially for the fans sake

my goodness......drama,,,,,,,drama,,,,,,,,drama

Normally I'd say where there's smoke, there's fire.  In this case though I'm torn.  On the one hand, I can certainly see how it's possible this is true and RG3 is turning into a cancer.  On the other hand, you've got Shanahan, who made all kinds of awful decisions and made that team a joke this year.  I put that almost solely on Shanahan.  I think next year with a new coach will be very telling as to what RG3's career will be.  

On another note, I really hope they hire Caldwell.  That would be hilarious.

I think the culture at the Redskins organization needs some work if it allowed this to evolve

He's just a kid.........and he really needs someone to give him some good advice..........and he needs to listen

If his fellow team mates are ratting him out like this........RGIII is not a leader.......he's toxic

That said, he can change.......hope he does ..........especially for the fans sake

You sound like Rocky in that movie that he destroyed that Russian (Ivan something) three times his size. "We can change... you can change... everybody can change !!!!!!!!! "

The kid is young.  I hope he's able to mature and become the leader he needs to be.  He'll need a strong coach and a better organization - I'm not at all sure he's going to get that.

Character is built over a lifetime - I don't know what his childhood and the influential people were in his life, but I hope he has some strong people that can yank his chain when needed (including his wife).  He'll be the better man for it if he does.

Im surprised this post wasn't made sooner. I believe at least one of his teammates from Baylor came out about his character before the draft and was reemed for it. Should have taken note?

I don't remember that but I honestly do not know how anybody could have been fooled by this kid. I was telling people long before the draft that this kid was a "me first" person. It was abundantly obvious, all anybody had to do was listen to his interviews a couple times and it was easy to see. I honestly could see him having a Ryan Leaf meltdown eventually if he don't get over his arrogance. I also dispute what the earlier skins fan said about his team mates loving him. Some might like him but there is no doubt that many do not like him. That was obvious when his lineman refused to help him up after getting hit so many times. His WR's have also went on record with backhanded remarks about him.

There are so many of these stories there is no way ALL of them are ALL wrong.  I doubt they are also 100% true as well but it's pretty clear there is some drama around RG3 that just isn't around Andrew Luck.  Add how they have performed on the field and the Colts made the right choice no questions asked. 

How fortunate for Andrew and Peyton to have come from the influences of their youth, i.e. fathers who had played in the league and knew what was going to confront them and what was going to be expected of them at the professional level.

I believe this is the major difference in the way they deal with the media and their team mates.

What guidance has Griffen had, marketeers and money grubbing hanger ons? I don't know, obviously by some of the statements attributed to  his father, he has no appreciation or understanding of life in the NFL.

I was listening to ESPN today and Saturday was talking about Manziel's chances of making it in the NFL and he was saying that he will need to change his ways and become more humble and deferring to his team mates when he gets to the league. I gotta agree,

I have loved the way Luck has, since he got to Indy, been humble and deferred to the leaders of this team and is earning his place as a leader of the team. Even after one of the greatest 2nd half performances ever, he was all about TEAM, TEAM, My team mates. Just incredible!

IMHO if RGIII is ever going to live up to his potential he is going to need someone to give him good advice and informed guidance or the guy is going to find a difficult future to deal with. Talent isn't everything, this kid needs to get his head on right!

I don't remember that but I honestly do not know how anybody could have been fooled by this kid. I was telling people long before the draft that this kid was a "me first" person. It was abundantly obvious, all anybody had to do was listen to his interviews a couple times and it was easy to see. I honestly could see him having a Ryan Leaf meltdown eventually if he don't get over his arrogance. I also dispute what the earlier skins fan said about his team mates loving him. Some might like him but there is no doubt that many do not like him. That was obvious when his lineman refused to help him up after getting hit so many times. His WR's have also went on record with backhanded remarks about him.

You did indeed sir. Many times. He won't listen to advice. He is what he is. An egomaniac. His only way is down.

If true, I've lost all respect for RG3.  I used to like him, but now he just annoys me.  The thing with these reports is that you never know how credible they are.  But apparently (as the article says), the reporter who broke the story is usually credible.  I wonder what Skip Bayless would have to say about Luck vs. RG3 given their current situations

Bayless is crying at home with his Tebow jersey in 1 hand and RGIII in the other.

wow C'mon man! Atleast have some respect. What if the next head coach brings the Redskins down even worst....

When your below 5 wins, does it really even matter?

Those teammates that supposedly hate him voted him the team's Ed Block award winner too. Surely he just lobbied Dan until they stuffed the ballot.

Not saying he doesn't have a lot of work/growing up to do but Sally Jenkins is known as a huge hack in DC. She's been known for her agenda against the team and Dan. I think that while some of these stories may be true, a lot of them are just media sensationalism.

Griffin needs to learn how to coach speak and not let his feelings be so easily read. However, the local papers have PLENTY of stories of how well liked he is by his teammates that don't make national rounds. Dude will be okay once he has a few more years under his belt.

Btw I loved Luck even before he was a Colt and still do, so don't take me as one of those dumb Skins fans that remains convinced that Griffin and Luck are comparable. They aren't. Still doesn't mean Griff is a bad person or can't be a successful QB.

Just my two cents, guys.

Some guys can handle when the flame gets turned on them though.

There are three sides to every story.  We all know this.  You have to take into context what slant the writer has, what really happened and how its going to be portrayed.  When it all blows over Shanny will be the scapegoat for the lost season and if they win a few more games next year they will be "on the right path" or "contenders"

A very profound post Nadine. Well said!  :thmup:

You sound like Rocky in that movie that he destroyed that Russian (Ivan something) three times his size. "We can change... you can change... everybody can change !!!!!!!!! "

yeah I suppose.  But young people can make a lot of mistakes.  I've seen people change bigger issues than this.

yeah I suppose.  But young people can make a lot of mistakes.  I've seen people change bigger issues than this.

Who knows what's what with these talking heads to begin with. If RG3 throws 30 TD's and leads them back to the playoffs , he will be the greatest teammate known to organized sports. Last year when he buried Luck for rookie of the year , his leadership qualities were lauded to no end. 

I was just poking a little fun . As far as Griffin being a selfish player , I'll take more notice when I hear it from teammates or ex teammates.

So many "leaks" coming out lately from Shanahan, trying to make RG3 and the organization look bad.  People are so quick to be critical, when nobody really knows what's going on in the locker room besides the players, and D.Hall basically verifies RG3 isn't a diva and wasn't the problem in Washington this year.  He says the locker room supported RG3 and the players did not want him benched.

"All he wanted to do was show us he was willing to do anything to win games. Robert never tried to make it about him.  The media circus revoles around Griffin because he's the face of the franchise, but it was never about him in the locker room" -- D'angelo Hall

http://msn.foxsports.com/watch/fox-football-daily/video?videoId=c7eb9736-4223-41da-ab44-28514df468ba&from=sharepermalink-twitter&src=v5:pause:twitter

Guess we'll see what he does next year with a new head coach, offensive coordinator, and some free agent offensive lineman that can actually block, and a full off-season to work.  Hopefully for Washington, this year's epic failure of a season will be a slice of humble pie for Robert.

Personally, I hope Shanahan never coaches again.  I have never liked him and I don't respect a coach that has to leak to the press to get things his way. 

Over time it will become obvious who the issue was and was not.

From what I heard reported, this did not come from Shanny. Even skip Bayless(Bob3's fanboy) said directly that this did not come from Shanny and whoever it was came from someone still associated with the organization.

well, until somebody steps forward and claims these "unnamed sources," the negative reports will continue to carry little to no credibility.

So far, London Fletcher, Santana Moss, Trent Williams, and D'angelo Hall (several of those guys are team captains) have spoken out and said RG3 was not the problem in the locker room. 

Skip Bayless, Sally Jenkins, and Mike Shanahan (aka "Redskins sources") can say what they want, but for now I'll take the word of guys who are actually in the locker room, and they've all vouched for Griffin. 

Well the most important lesson for any young hot shot QB or other player is that fame and adoration is fleeting - don't let it go to your head as the people who love to make "idols" also love to tear them to the ground.

Learning that early (if he does) will help him in the long run.

completely agree.

well, until somebody steps forward and claims these "unnamed sources," the negative reports will continue to carry little to no credibility.

So far, London Fletcher, Santana Moss, Trent Williams, and D'angelo Hall (several of those guys are team captains) have spoken out and said RG3 was not the problem in the locker room.

Skip Bayless, Sally Jenkins, and Mike Shanahan (aka "Redskins sources") can say what they want, but for now I'll take the word of guys who are actually in the locker room, and they've all vouched for Griffin.

Thats exactly who you shouldn't listen too. Nobody in the locker room is going to publicly say anything against Bob. They all know that Bobby boy is Danny's favorite and aren't going to put their job on the line. It cracks me up when people actually believe players about controversial topics. They never say what they truly want too.

certain players don't sugar coat...even London Fletcher took to twitter the last couple days kinda ripping the previous coaching staff (including some who are still currently employed by the team). Just have to know which players to listen to. After a good decade of listening closely, you know which players will tell you straight. Unfortunately, they're usually the ones labeled divas etc.

Thats exactly who you shouldn't listen too. Nobody in the locker room is going to publicly say anything against Bob. They all know that Bobby boy is Danny's favorite and aren't going to put their job on the line. It cracks me up when people actually believe players about controversial topics. They never say what they truly want too.

It cracks me up that you believe "unnamed sources" from media personalities about a story that has no concrete substance behind it...

All the players involved said the story was completely fabricated... I saw Garcon and Deangelo Hall doing TV interviews the past few days and they shot the story down completely...

I think their view points hold a lot more weight than what a media personality reported from their "unnamed sources"....

It's just another attempt to try and shoot down the kid RG3.... I'm kinda tired of the media just piling nonsense on the guy right about now... Time to talk about something else

Last year they loved him, this year they hate him..... it's eerily similar to what happened to Cam Newton in years 1 and 2.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 11, 2014 - skirting the filter
Hidden by Nadine, January 11, 2014 - skirting the filter

It cracks me up that you believe "unnamed sources" from media personalities about a story that has no concrete substance behind it...

All the players involved said the story was completely fabricated... I saw Garcon and Deangelo Hall doing TV interviews the past few days and they shot the story down completely...

I think their view points hold a lot more weight than what a media personality reported from their "unnamed sources"....

It's just another attempt to try and shoot down the kid RG3.... I'm kinda tired of the media just piling nonsense on the guy right about now... Time to talk about something else

Last year they loved him, this year they hate him..... it's eerily similar to what happened to Cam Newton in years 1 and 2.

He's brought most of it on himself by being a selfish egotistical d--bag.

I agree 100%.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Donovan Mcnabb try to reach out to RG3 to help him navigate the fame and what to expect from shanahan and RG3 essentially told him to get lost? I guess it falls into the 'you wont accept help until you realize you need it' category.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 11, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 11, 2014 - quoting removed post

He's brought most of it on himself by being a selfish egotistical d--bag.

Do some research man.... RG3 has never been a "selfish egotistical d--bag"...

It's nothing but media hype... you can not find one quote of him putting down another player or coach... and you can not find one quote of a player or coach putting him down... trust me, I tried 

The kid does nothing but make subway commercials and play football... 

RG3 is just caught in a snowball effect of bad media press.... he should take a vacation somewhere for 2-3 weeks, and come back ready to roll. 

If I'm not mistaken the kid is only like 22 or 23 years old... he will be fine... most QB's don't turn the corner until they are 24/25 years old... 

I agree 100%.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Donovan Mcnabb try to reach out to RG3 to help him navigate the fame and what to expect from shanahan and RG3 essentially told him to get lost? I guess it falls into the 'you wont accept help until you realize you need it' category.

yep........for some people.

But there have been NFL players a lot worse and got better

And a lot of non NFL people as well

Don't like to see him waste his talent with so much drama.