Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: RG3 bragged to teammates he could influence Redskins owner

ReMeDy

I wonder who the insiders were.......his wide receivers? Also what are 'fierce finger pointing tensions"?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/will-robert-griffin-iii-help-or-hurt-the-next-washington-redskins-coach/2014/01/06/a7e3be02-771b-11e3-8963-b4b654bcc9b2_story.html?wprss=rss_redskins

But according to insiders, Griffin’s public campaign to have the offense altered for him was just the tip of his egotism in his second year. Behind closed doors, Griffin had fierce finger-pointing tensions with his wide receivers, and he bragged to teammates that he could procure favors from the owner and influence the franchise’s direction.

Football teams can have a lot of drama huh?

I am not a 'Skins fanboy, but what happened to the days when they were respected and known for good "D" and power running...?? Now between their owner's apparent meddling and this latest RGIII business, it's just turned them into a joke really. Why would an owner have any relationship outside the job? Trying to impress dates "I can call RGIII" ... or whatever? We have a "tweeter" of an owner, but I so appreciate Griggo, Polian, and Tobin, for keeping us in players that for the most part, are respectable. ( Why would he even say that out loud if it is true? It surely may change now...)

If true, I've lost all respect for RG3.  I used to like him, but now he just annoys me.  The thing with these reports is that you never know how credible they are.  But apparently (as the article says), the reporter who broke the story is usually credible.  I wonder what Skip Bayless would have to say about Luck vs. RG3 given their current situations

lol at last season and the RGIII hype. LOL

We got the right guy and so did Seattle.

And I can't believe there were even rumors Polian or Dungy preferred RGIII. So glad Irsay took the one he always wanted and didn't give into the hype.

If true, I've lost all respect for RG3. I used to like him, but now he just annoys me. The thing with these reports is that you never know how credible they are. But apparently (as the article says), the reporter who broke the story is usually credible. I wonder what Skip Bayless would have to say about Luck vs. RG3 given their current situations

I seen Bayless talking about this and not only did he say this story is more than likely true, but that he's getting to the point where it's getting harder to defend him. Said Bob3 has a serious ego problem and needs to grow up. Of course im paraphrasing all that so not his exact words but close to them. Bob3 has now lost his biggest fanboy. That should speak volumes to those who still try to defend this loser. He drove his coach to want to get fired, his teammates do not like him, and he's uncomfortably close to his owner. The Skins franchise just keeps going down the toilet and Bob3 is the one flushing them.

Honestly, if anyone DOESN'T think that RGIII doesn't have a lot of power inside the owners mind doesn't understand the reality. RGIII is supposedly the savior of the skins franchise, they spent a fortune to get him, and by all means with the poor performance you as an owner such as Snyder would have no choice but to allow RGIII to tug your strings when he wants. Luck has the same power but the difference between LUCK and RGIII is the quality of person and integrity!

No doubt you'd never see or hear anything like this about Luck because first of all he would be the first person to ensure he has no possibility of being in this position. And the guy truly loves the game he wants everyone to succeed around him and furthermore he wants them to have fun.

IMO the difference between Manning and Luck is simple, they both equally love the game as much, but no doubt in my mind that Luck cares more about the happiness of his teammates than does Manning.

Those teammates that supposedly hate him voted him the team's Ed Block award winner too. Surely he just lobbied Dan until they stuffed the ballot.

Not saying he doesn't have a lot of work/growing up to do but Sally Jenkins is known as a huge hack in DC. She's been known for her agenda against the team and Dan. I think that while some of these stories may be true, a lot of them are just media sensationalism.

Griffin needs to learn how to coach speak and not let his feelings be so easily read. However, the local papers have PLENTY of stories of how well liked he is by his teammates that don't make national rounds. Dude will be okay once he has a few more years under his belt.

Btw I loved Luck even before he was a Colt and still do, so don't take me as one of those dumb Skins fans that remains convinced that Griffin and Luck are comparable. They aren't. Still doesn't mean Griff is a bad person or can't be a successful QB.

Just my two cents, guys.

Honestly, if anyone DOESN'T think that RGIII doesn't have a lot of power inside the owners mind doesn't understand the reality. RGIII is supposedly the savior of the skins franchise, they spent a fortune to get him, and by all means with the poor performance you as an owner such as Snyder would have no choice but to allow RGIII to tug your strings when he wants. Luck has the same power but the difference between LUCK and RGIII is the quality of person and integrity!

No doubt you'd never see or hear anything like this about Luck because first of all he would be the first person to ensure he has no possibility of being in this position. And the guy truly loves the game he wants everyone to succeed around him and furthermore he wants them to have fun.

IMO the difference between Manning and Luck is simple, they both equally love the game as much, but no doubt in my mind that Luck cares more about the happiness of his teammates than does Manning.

That last paragraph is just silly. Your unfettered respect for Luck is clouding your judgement. How on earth do you know how Peyton feels about this stuff compared to Luck?

I would agree with this, I really liked Luck coming out of college (well, half the nation really liked him coming out of college too lol).. Hes a special talent and seems like a solid, high character guy too.

That last paragraph is just silly. Your unfettered respect for Luck is clouding your judgement. How on earth do you know how Peyton feels about this stuff compared to Luck?

Your lack of attention for detail is quite silly. I was opining. I never once indicated or stated that I know how luck or manning or bob dole, Obama, or anyone else feels about stuff. Silly poster read and pay attention before you reply.

Meanwhile in Indianapolis, you can't find one bad thing to say about Andrew Luck.

He's too nice, never seen anything like it.

Bon choix!

True! If we've learned anything from Luck and Peyton, they're conversation is ALWAYS about football. Anything outside of it might just spark controversy.

I always hated how they did that but now I know why... Lol

Your lack of attention for detail is quite silly. I was opining. I never once indicated or stated that I know how luck or manning or bob dole, Obama, or anyone else feels about stuff. Silly poster read and pay attention before you reply.

Apologies, you are most correct. Sorry for being a *. I'll rephrase. Your opinion is mind bogglingly stupid. Or will that make you unhappy to be here?

This is quite poetic, do you take ownership of this or are they someone else's words? Nice work either way

Thanks, my words.  Just from observing life. 

Especially as related to a team sport.  When a locker room is filled with "lesser talents" that work hard, have strong heart and work together that team can and often will go much farther than one with a bunch of self centered star athletes with natural talent, giant egos and no work ethic.  

I've played on both kinds of teams and I know which I will always prefer.

I wonder who the insiders were.......his wide receivers? Also what are 'fierce finger pointing tensions"?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/will-robert-griffin-iii-help-or-hurt-the-next-washington-redskins-coach/2014/01/06/a7e3be02-771b-11e3-8963-b4b654bcc9b2_story.html?wprss=rss_redskins

Football teams can have a lot of drama huh?

very true..

...someone has to tell the writer this stuff.

...and its not the coach...he wouldn't know this

If this is true then I feel really bad for their fans as that franchise is just going to crash and burn for years.  Whiffing on a top QB pick is bad enough and combine that with how many picks they gave up to get him and it is a disaster that will haunt them for years to come.

Once this gets out no good coach is going to want to go there and deal with a QB who has the ear of the owner.  Who would want to work with a guy who could go behind your back at any moment when he does not like a decision you make.

Of course, this could all be nonsense, but given all the smoke that has come out there must be fire.

Apologies, you are most correct. Sorry for being a *. I'll rephrase. Your opinion is mind bogglingly stupid. Or will that make you unhappy to be here?

I wouldn't say his opinions are 100% off base. Didn't some of the team get mad when Peyton said he didn't want families at the hotel in Miami before the Superbowl ? Luck seems more like the type who would offer to drive you to the airport to pick them up then the type to try and say he didn't want them there.

Peyton has a huge ego I think, he has been trained to keep it in check somewhat though, at least publicly.

Luck might develop the ego as the years go on, but for now he seems content playing football and being everyone's buddy.

I wouldn't say his opinions are 100% off base. Didn't some of the team get mad when Peyton said he didn't want families at the hotel in Miami before the Superbowl ? Luck seems more like the type who would offer to drive you to the airport to pick them up then the type to try and say he didn't want them there.

Peyton has a huge ego I think, he has been trained to keep it in check somewhat though, at least publicly.

Luck might develop the ego as the years go on, but for now he seems content playing football and being everyone's buddy.

It was the no doubt in my mind bit. I found it ridiculous that anyone could be so sure that Luck cares more about his team mates happiness than Peyton did. What these guys say in public is one thing, what really goes on is anybody's guess. Not saying having an opinion is wrong, but the strength of feeling was misplaced in my view. I was rather harsh though.....sorry chap.

I think all the media attention will make RG3 bitter and a worse teammate. He was loving it when the media was building him up, now that they have started to turn against him I dont think he will be able to handle it.

I dont think he has the skills to constantly win at the NFL level, so I think he will act up amd try to be important in other ways.

Just an opinion though