Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think we should lose to the Chiefs...

bap1331

Guest TeamLoloJones

Having 1st round bye and beating the team your expected to play in the post season is just a curse. The v team you lose to in the regular season you beat in the playoffs.

Just my 2 cents...

Andy Reid...is that you?  

Your premise is wrong. Teams that have had a bye have gone on to win the Super Bowl. It's not a curse, and for a team battling so many injuries, we may need it.

If we had lost last week, then this game wouldn't matter as much. But since we have the 2nd seed in sight, we have to play to win.

Having 1st round bye and beating the team your expected to play in the post season is just a curse. The v team you lose to in the regular season you beat in the playoffs.

Just my 2 cents...

You say the most random, bizarre and frankly just simply wrong things. You can't honestly believe, right?

Asked this of you in another thread with no response - suspect the same thing here. But here goes - would you rather have to win 2 games to advance to the Super Bowl or 3?

You say the most random, bizarre and frankly just simply wrong things. You can't honestly believe, right?

Asked this of you in another thread with no response - suspect the same thing here. But here goes - would you rather have to win 2 games to advance to the Super Bowl or 3?

You, and the rest of the responders, amaze me.  My comprehension skill clearly aren't as advanced as all of yours.

How you made enough sense of this sentence "The v team you lose to in the regular season you beat in the playoffs." to respond to it is beyond me.  What does that mean?

You, and the rest of the responders, amaze me.  My comprehension skill clearly aren't as advanced as all of yours.

How you made enough sense of this sentence "The v team you lose to in the regular season you beat in the playoffs." to respond to it is beyond me.  What does that mean?

I think we all made assumptions.  Mine is he's trying to correlate upcoming games to what we experienced vs the Steelers late in 2005 and in the playoffs in 2006.  Or else he's playing the odds of a fifty fifty split whereby giving up the reguregular season game to win the playoff is better, either way-

Terrible idea.

You say the most random, bizarre and frankly just simply wrong things. You can't honestly believe, right?Asked this of you in another thread with no response - suspect the same thing here. But here goes - would you rather have to win 2 games to advance to the Super Bowl or 3?

Ouch, obviously 2 is better than 3 games but personally I don't like the bye, but that's the trade off.

I think we all made assumptions.  Mine is he's trying to correlate upcoming games to what we experienced vs the Steelers late in 2005 and in the playoffs in 2006.  Or else he's playing the odds of a fifty fifty split whereby giving up the reguregular season game to win the playoff is better, either way-

Terrible idea.

It's a ridiculous proposition, to purposely lose any game.  I'm surprised someone hasn't suggested we lose to the Jaguars because we never lose two games in a row - so we would get the playoff win.

Given all that, we know that teams who will be facing each other soon in a playoff game sometimes play vanilla in their regular season game.  The Colts did that against Denver one year.  Giants/Patriots.  I'm sure there are a few more examples.