Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat Angerer?

BlueCollarColts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did say that mcnary will be our starter along with freeman. Looks like angerer and Connor are done here

I can't see the coaches starting him over Kelvin Sheppard, not because Sheppard is that good, but just because I can't see the coaches making the move. Although I will say Sheppard looked decent today, but McNary looked very good as well

Cause the coaches realize he's not good. And they wanna see more of Josh McNary

Very true. Its hard not to see him chasing the opposing runner, tight end, receiver on big scoring plays that he was responsible for. He just doesn't have NFL cover linebacker speed. A definite and pretty obvious detriment to the starting unit. He doesn't play, and the Defense puts up dominating numbers. Playing good team defense is about match-ups and he was the weak link in the 11 man chain for the team. Hopefully, they can find some place for him on the squad where he isn't a liability, like a stand-out on special teams. We still need good coverage there.

well Angerer is worse than Sheppard, Connor, and McNary imo, so hopefully he is inactive next week as well, or at least behind them

I agree....Angerer needs to try to stay on this team as a special teams standout and work on his cover skills if he wants to go back to being a starter. But, if the Colts have some sentimental reasons for this guy being a starter, it'll be a big mistake.

Angerer is too slow, can't cover or shed blocks. Conner played good when he was in there he should start over Sheppard and Angerer. Conner brings more physicality to the defense and can shed blocks with the best of them.

Yeah ... Angerer was also showing up a step short on a good number of the big runs the previous 3-4 weeks. His days in Indy are no doubt over and the future looks to be McNary as we speak.

I was at the game.

Why Conner wasn't played more is beyond me. The guy is clearly a physical animal when he's in there and not playing him is absolutely foolish. PLAY THE MAN AND KEEP HIM ON BOARD.

McNary played well, Sheppard played pretty well. 

Cause the coaches realize he's not good. And they wanna see more of Josh McNary

Case Kennum...tasted Josh McNary at least twice yesterday.  McNary also looked smooth in rotation covering the backs coming out...the kid is a hitter, a pass rusher...and extremely intelligent! :thmup:

I was at the game.

Why Conner wasn't played more is beyond me. The guy is clearly a physical animal when he's in there and not playing him is absolutely foolish. PLAY THE MAN AND KEEP HIM ON BOARD.

McNary played well, Sheppard played pretty well. 

Conner was in on everything when he was in the game.  He is a better run stopper than Freeman no matter what anyone says.  He is very rarely out of position and can take on tacklers much better than the 'smallish' Freeman. (I like Freeman by the way :))

This was Sheppard's best game as a Colt.  I slam him when he is bad...and give him credit where it is due!!!!

McNary can be as good as he wants to be...just my opinion. :)

Conner was in on everything when he was in the game.  He is a better run stopper than Freeman no matter what anyone says.  He is very rarely out of position and can take on tacklers much better than the 'smallish' Freeman. (I like Freeman by the way :))

This was Sheppard's best game as a Colt.  I slam him when he is bad...and give him credit where it is due!!!!

McNary can be as good as he wants to be...just my opinion. :)

For some reason Conner has always been in the dog house. 

He and McNary....with Freeman....could be scary IMO....Conner can HIT and WRAP!!

Conner has NEVER been appreciated here.....

I don't think you'll see that next year as he's an URFA . Seems like the first 4 years wouldn't point to both sides wanted to extend the deal.

I'm hoping we start Josh McNary next week. He has impressed me both with his speed and power. I think we may have a diamond in the rough with him

I am for it ONLY if Pags and Manusky thinks he is ready.

We have to realize they have set packages they are working him in on....he has certainly passed the test IMO....Would love to see number 57 in there a little bit more...and a little bit more...:)

Well, maybe not Angerer. We'll see I suppose. Bethea is a hard hitter safety and isn't injury prone at all. I can see Pagano and Grigs taking that into consideration to keep him.

As a FS, his strong suit should be coverage, and he's been absolutely abysmal the last 2 or 3 years. I agree he's a good tackler still, but he looks to have lost a step and routinely finds himself out of position. This is where I wish Boyett would have kept himself out of trouble because he would have been a good stop-gap/replacement for the time being.

Well, maybe not Angerer. We'll see I suppose. Bethea is a hard hitter safety and isn't injury prone at all. I can see Pagano and Grigs taking that into consideration to keep him.

If they keep them I hope it is near vet minimum and he is relegated to back, and that they still get his replacement.

As a FS, his strong suit should be coverage, and he's been absolutely abysmal the last 2 or 3 years. I agree he's a good tackler still, but he looks to have lost a step and routinely finds himself out of position. This is where I wish Boyett would have kept himself out of trouble because he would have been a good stop-gap/replacement for the time being.

You do realize Bethea is the SS not the FS don't you?