Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I remember the Colts being in this situation twice before...

bap1331

Most of you sound like Polians saying that the season is over and time to move in the off season. why do you think irsay fired him? Because he's a negative guy.

I'm a Jim Irsay type of guy that believes in potential.

Polian said our season was over the day that the Jaguars ran all over our defense in our 2006 Super Bowl run. Jim irsay disagreed only to say that our team still has potential. We ended up winning that season.

2009. I think we had the 32 ranked defense in the NFL and one of the worst offensive lines that year. We stepped up in the playoffs and went to the Super bowl.

2013. Our defense is great (a lot better then Peyton years) but you have to realize that if our offense doesn't produce. Our d gets tired. We showed spark on our offense and actually had a chance to come back. If we hadn't punted the ball down 21-35 with 7 minutes left.

Cheer up! Our AFC south championship was NOT handed to us. We earned it! 5-0 in our division I can't see how we got lucky because they were all tough fights..

Believe in Blue!

Not sure how you say our defense is great man. Hope you are right. There will be better days I just don't know when or how this chapter ends up.

It's went I said. The defense gets tired. Our offense goes 3 and out in literally less then 30 seconds after our defense completes a turnover...

Most of you sound like Polians saying that the season is over and time to move in the off season. why do you think irsay fired him? Because he's a negative guy.

Polian said our season was over the day that the Jaguars ran all over our defense in our 2006 Super Bowl run. Jim irsay disagreed only to say that our team still has potential. We ended up winning that season.

2009. I think we had the 32 ranked defense in the NFL and one of the worst offensive lines that year. We stepped up in the playoffs and went to the Super bowl.

2013. Our defense is great (a lot better then Peyton years) but you have to realize that if our offense doesn't produce. Our d gets tired. We showed spark on our offense and actually had a chance to come back. If we hadn't punted the ball down 21-35 with 7 minutes left.

Cheer up! Our AFC south championship was NOT handed to us. We earned it! 5-0 in our division I can't see how we got lucky because they were all tough fights..

Believe in Blue!

"Believe" is for religion....fans just cheer and hope for their teams.

There is literally nothing in the op that is accurate.

And who is surprised?

nothing in the OP is accurate??? really?? so you are saying we had one of the best defenses in 06 during our super bowl run?? sorry to say but a lot of people had us one and done that year also and the defense stepped up big time. This defense this year kind of reminds me of that year. now im in no way saying that history is going to repeat it self on that case but come playoff time it is a whole new season and anything can happen. 

For God's sake, we were 14-0 and probably would have been 15-0 had they not pulled the starters.

The defense did its job in the first half. They held the Bengals to 7 points. (I refuse to acknowledge the non TD "TD"). They did a solid job against the run until late. OP is partially right. The D isn't great, but it isn't as bad as we think. The lack of offensive production is killing us. We can pull it off against inferior teams like the Titans, but it doesn't work against better competition. The one thing I saw today was a spark with Rogers and Brazill. If that spark can turn into a fire over the next few weeks...we MAY have a shot in the playoffs. That and we need Toler back on D. Butler just isn't suited for that job. He's a nickel/dime guy, a good one...but he was overmatched today. Davis is doing his best, but heck, he got beat on that one TD and he played it perfectly. Dalton just threw an undefendable pass. Even the TV guys said that. But Davis needs Toler back on the other side.

Well, it's feasible we win it all, I mean we've done superb against GREAT teams (ie: hawks, 49ers, Broncos) and far less great against the inferiors or midpar teams. The great thing about football is any given team any given day. That's something to hang your hat on.

well think about it. If we do "Superb" against great teams and far less great against average and bad teams.

How will we do in the playoffs against "Superb" teams??

Just my 2 cents...

have good start with playoffs , need get rogers , brazil  play time with first team and alot more reps in games get luck used too them and trust they caught the ball reg  and timing is every thing , look at drew bree tonight win he was on great timing with his wr,s and  tight end . luck missing that . see great start with rogers a rookie reggie , hope  rookie marvin harrison out of brazil. looking better after last two games.

Miracles happen, but our team needs to give us a reason to believe in miracles.

2006: Good offense, Defense got better in the playoffs

2009: Very good offense, Defense was good

2013: Unknown/bad offense, Unknown/bad defense

In other words, we just have to wait and see.  Miracles happen.

If we get at least a playoff win then, IN LUCK IN TRUST!

Believe in Blue!

i pretty sure it was 2009 that polian made that comment because i remember reading that article and tony dungy replied we could still make it. And we did.

Say what you want about our defense, but they held the Bengals to 7 points (other 7 gifted by Ref) in the first half. I think if we could have found a way to produce on offense in the first half the game would have been completely different. With Greg Toler coming back, I think it will help our defense because Greg plays cover press man way better than Cassius and Darius. Also, now that Luck has confidence in Rodger and Brazill, I wouldn't be surprised if we go into KC and beat them. Go Colts!!

Not correct.  Prove your assertion.  Poliand admits it was not having a backup (and backup plan) to Peyton being out-

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7424526/bill-polian-regrets-not-having-backup-plan-indianapolis-colts

Can you pull up that quote from Polian?  I have heard him on ESPN.  He said the FO and coaches were concerned after the Jags game.  Not season was over.  Remeber he traded for Booger McFarland to help the run D.  Bob Sanders was out, but slated to return for the playoffs.  I know for fact Tony Dungy said they will fix things and had the players to do it.  Polian then backed him-

"After a particularly galling 27-point loss at Jacksonville in 2006 where the team allowed 375 rushing yards, Tony stood firmly (even proactively going on network television) to convey we had the players and scheme to win."

http://blogs.colts.com/tag/bill-polian/

Were you a Colts fan in 2005?  Remember the (Peyton years) Defense?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2005.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2013.htm

That team was best balanced we ever had- should have won it all that year, not the next year.

Believe in Blue!

Yes, we earned it by winning the division.  That's first goal.  Never mind the division strength. But once playoffs begin, it's a new season, and the divisions have become full of the best of the best.  Talent and execution wins.  And defenses all step up.  Ours better be ready, cannot hand out 40 - 50 points in any post season game. None.  Only one team score more than 30 points on our D in 2005, and Peyton and the O put up 45 to win anyway.

Luck has a lot of comebacks, but I've never seen him win a high scoring shootout.  We usually just get blown out and move on.

The doom and gloom on this forum is getting ridiculous.  Before the season started, most Colt fans felt that this season would be considered successful if we won the division and won a playoff game.  This was considered to be the next step in our growth in becoming an elite SB-caliber team.  Fans felt this way months before anyone went on IR.  This makes winning our division, having a 10 win season, and winning a 1st round game even more impressive. 

With our injury situation, alot of young players are getting valuable playing time and this will help them down the road.  When the playoffs start, everyone will be 0-0.  They don't award SBs to you just by being the best team in the regular season.  Look at the regular season records of the last three SB winners.  Do I think we'll win the SB in Feb?...no.  Do I think we'll win our 1st round game WC weekend?....yes.  We build on this and move forward.