Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brad Wells and his Cronies at it again

The Motto

They are on twitter calling Pagano's coaching style dinosaur coaching calling for his head and saying the only reason we win games is because of AL12.  I am sick and tired of these people "representing the Colts on social media and the internet."  It's so obvious they have an agenda and it is sickening.  So I know Brad or one of his cronies are reading this.  Heres your chance to man up tell us all what your credentials are to be any kind of Colt's "media?"  My guess is your credentials consist of playing Madden in your parents basement.  I also will bet you won't come on here and man up at all. 

They are on twitter calling Pagano's coaching style dinosaur coaching calling for his head and saying the only reason we win games is because of AL12.  I am sick and tired of these people "representing the Colts on social media and the internet."  It's so obvious they have an agenda and it is sickening.  So I know Brad or one of his cronies are reading this.  Heres your chance to man up tell us all what your credentials are to be any kind of Colt's "media?"  My guess is your credentials consist of playing Madden in your parents basement.  I also will bet you won't come on here and man up at all. 

feel better?.....Gussssssssfwabbbaaaa!! ;)  :funny:

It sucks that other NFL teams have some pretty good SBNation writers and we're stuck with Brad Wells.

he really does suck. On the radio he really isn't bad. Its his writing. He discusses football like a normal person. He writes for attention and to create the most response possible. No matter how stupid he sounds.

he really does suck. On the radio he really isn't bad. Its his writing. He discusses football like a normal person. He writes for attention and to create the most response possible. No matter how stupid he sounds.

Ha, I am not the only one who noticed that. He seems reasonable and even likable in audio or video materials but his writing is annoying and immature.

Ha, I am not the only one who noticed that. He seems reasonable and even likable in audio or video materials but his writing is annoying and immature.

This. So unnecessarily trolling all the time. I like some of the other writers, unfortunately I tend to avoid the site entirely because of wells and his Gibberish.

This. So unnecessarily trolling all the time. I like some of the other writers, unfortunately I tend to avoid the site entirely because of wells and his Gibberish.

That's exactly the way I feel.  I'm guilty in that I go to the web site, but as soon as I see a Wells byline I immediately go to a different site.  He's just looking for page hits and thinks his National Enquirer style will bring them.

Dinosaur Coaching has also kept Andrew Luck alive. Can you imagine him dropping back 40 times a game? He would be on the IR with the other half our offensive quick like.

Yea we seen that this past Sunday, Luck was sacked 4 times and hit another 11 times while throwing 40 passes

To be fair, the coaching this year has been less than stellar.

I agree, they have some learning to do but right now my opinion of coaching has been MEH. Winning helps cover the flaws in young coaching so I'm hopefull that they learn from mistakes and get even better in time as we win too.

I agree, they have some learning to do but right now my opinion of coaching has been MEH. Winning helps cover the flaws in young coaching so I'm hopefull that they learn from mistakes and get even better in time as we win too.

A team this young doesn't go 11-5 last year and start 6-2 this year with MEH coaching

But you have to give Brad Wells his due.   Here is a guy who obviously knows nothing about the basics of playing football. Formations, schemes, gaps. routes, coverage.  You name it, it is all foreign to him.  He has been a Colts fan for 6 years.  His writing is always negative, always attacking Polian or now Grigson, or the coaching decisions,  Yet people talk about him.   Why?  Because he is the Jerry Springer of Blogging.  He loves to create controversy and say shocking things to get people talking to cover up his lack of writing talent and football knowledge.   If you dispute Wells much his life partner will have you thrown off BR.

But still, he keeps writing and people talk about him.  Trash in, trash out

Right, that's why Luck's efficiency is up by a ridiculous margin, and the defense is performing very well. Oh, and they're 6-2.

Yeah, you're right, less than stellar...

Right, that's why Luck's efficiency is up by a ridiculous margin, and the defense is performing very well. Oh, and they're 6-2.

Yeah, you're right, less than stellar...

Your right, it must be the coaching.... lol, Probably has nothing to do with a all of our rookies from last year getting a year of experience in, and all of the FA aquisitions we got. 

I'm not sure why some people here are so quick to give the coaches all the credit, if anything this gameplan is leaving points off the board, and I could argue that we should be at the very least 7-1 due to coaching flaws. If we still had Bruce here, you would see the same type of improvement if not even better.

Edit: I'm not saying the coaches are bad though, the coaching of the players seems to be going good, I wouldn't say "stellar" but good for sure. The gameplan's sometimes leave a lot to be desired, and that is where my gripe is with the coaching, When the gameplanning comes together (to which i'm cutting pep slack because he is a rookie) this team and coaching will probably reach great levels, but to say that the coaches are the reason for the colts success is silly, I mean if we don't have Andrew Luck we lose those 10 GW drives over the last two years. Then how does the coaching look?

It sucks that other NFL teams have some pretty good SBNation writers and we're stuck with Brad Wells.

I have never really looked into (or heard) how Stampede Blue/SB Nation works ... Does Brad Wells own Stampede Blue and just has a contract to be a part of SB Nation network ... or does SB Nation own Stampede Blue and just hire Brad Wells to run it?  I am assuming the former, but like I said I have never read about or researched it.

A team this young doesn't go 11-5 last year and start 6-2 this year with MEH coaching

Not true. Talent overcomes bad coaching choices at times. I'm not saying they are bad I'm just saying they have made some bad decisions in game and if you can't acknowledge that then you are only looking through rose colored glasses. Young coaches in year 2 and new offensive system with rookie offensive coordinator, its somewhat expected and I'm not calling for his head.

So, where does stellar fall in the ranking system?

Is it just below Uber Elite, but above, Elite & Lesser Elite?

Where does Monster, and Beast fall?

I know that if someone/thing doesn't fall into one of these, they automatically fall to 'sucks', but.......?

I mean, when we're arguing these things, I gotta know.

Otherwise, how do I know if I agree?

Well, for two seasons now, old dinosaur Stanford has beaten the high octane, $$$ Oregon Ducks. TV guys even mentioned it....how (in college football) several years back, spread was all the rage..now teams like Stanford are going old school and winning with solid running, timely passing, and great D. Oregon got into it late on a blocked FG return and an onside kick, but it was mostly a blowout. And look at Alabama. Same story there. Nothing fancy, a buttload of talent yes, but it's the same "dinosaur" coaching and offense Wells is referring to...I know the pro game is different in many ways, but this read option spread crap is already being figured out. And the teams that are winning with it aren't using it nearly as much as the last few seasons.