Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collie released

GoColts8818

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read that his knee is still an issue.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots have released wide receiver Austin Collie, according to a league source.

nfl_u_brady_gb1_288x162.jpg
Mark L. Baer/USA TODAY SportsAustin Collie appeared in three games with Tom Brady and the Patriots, catching three passes for 34 yards.

The veteran was signed last month and appeared in four games for the Patriots, catching three passes for 34 yards.

He left Sunday's game against thePittsburgh Steelers after suffering a knee injury, though it is unclear the severity of the issue.

The Patriots signed wide receiver LaQuan Williams on Tuesday, according to a source, which meant they needed to open up a spot on the 53-man roster.

Collie, a fourth-round pick of theIndianapolis Colts in 2009, has dealt with extensive injury issues in recent seasons.

•  

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots have released wide receiver Austin Collie, according to a league source.

Mark L. Baer/USA TODAY SportsAustin Collie appeared in three games with Tom Brady and the Patriots, catching three passes for 34 yards.

The veteran was signed last month and appeared in four games for the Patriots, catching three passes for 34 yards.

He left Sunday's game against thePittsburgh Steelers after suffering a knee injury, though it is unclear the severity of the issue.

The Patriots signed wide receiver LaQuan Williams on Tuesday, according to a source, which meant they needed to open up a spot on the 53-man roster.

Collie, a fourth-round pick of theIndianapolis Colts in 2009, has dealt with extensive injury issues in recent seasons.

•  

SUUUPER bummer

<p>

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots have released wide receiver Austin Collie, according to a league source.

He left Sunday's game against thePittsburgh Steelers after suffering a knee injury, though it is unclear the severity of the issue.

The Patriots signed wide receiver LaQuan Williams on Tuesday, according to a source, which meant they needed to open up a spot on the 53-man roster.

Collie, a fourth-round pick of theIndianapolis Colts in 2009, has dealt with extensive injury issues in recent seasons.

I had missed that.

We are foolish if we dont sign him. The cost is right,and he can be that go to guy to get a first down under 10 yards without getting killed. Hands are still more reliable then anything we got now,minus maybe ty at times.

Did you miss the fact that his knee is injured yet again? Collie is a walking injury waiting to happen week in and week out. There is nothing "foolish" at all to NOT sign him. He isn't worth the time and the paper it would take to do his contract. He would probably dislocate his hand signing it anyway. 

I thought Guy was claimed off of our practice squad after that game?

No he was on the active roster, and then was released to make room for Brazill once he came back from suspension

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/10/8/4814964/colts-activate-lavon-brazill-waive-lawrence-guy

He was claimed off waivers

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/92376/chargers-sign-de-guy-release-de-wynn

Did you miss the fact that his knee is injured yet again? Collie is a walking injury waiting to happen week in and week out. There is nothing "foolish" at all to NOT sign him. He isn't worth the time and the paper it would take to do his contract. He would probably dislocate his hand signing it anyway. 

Harsh. :thmdown:

Every person has worth

Harsh. :thmdown:

Every person has worth

Not in every aspect of life. With his injury history, Collie is near worthless as a football player because he never sees the field. Its just paying a guy to be attended to by your training staff, in other words, worthless.

I didn't necessarily want Collie back on our squad, but being cut by the Niners & Patriots, 2 stellar franchises, is not a good omen for Austin at all. It just kills when a promising career at the beginning fizzles out to a defective fire cracker now with no bang at all. 

Even if Collie has a knee issue, is it an arthritis or cartilage concern? Major bummer...Is this the NFL end for Collie? Who knows...

We are foolish if we dont sign him. The cost is right,and he can be that go to guy to get a first down under 10 yards without getting killed. Hands are still more reliable then anything we got now,minus maybe ty at times.

Dear god....

Collie being cut isn't Colts related. And the Colts do not need a slow guy in the slot. Therefore NOTHING about Collie is Colts related. Try as you might.

Read the thread next time.  I made the very first post saying I don't think the Colts will go after him but since they are in such need for a WR and Collie has at least played with Luck and guys in this team they might kick the tires on him.  Some Colts local media guys are wondering the samething on twitter.  I also said in my post I don't think he's the answer and don't think he is even more so now that the news about him be hurt has come out but since I didn't know that at the time yes it was Colts related because it speculation on a move the Colts MIGHT do.  Stuff that happens in this forum all the time.  Next time read more than just the title of a thread before you try to blast something. Just because you don't think it's a move that should be made doesn't mean it's not Colts related. 

Could we sign him to the PS just to see where he's at?

Nope he's past the eligibility requirements for that.  With him being hurt I don't think we do sign him.  That's something I didn't know at the time of the first post.  If we did it would be after he was healthy and frankly by then I would hope we have figured out the WR position. 

Guest TeamLoloJones
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 6, 2013 - response to edited post
Hidden by Nadine, November 6, 2013 - response to edited post

Collie being cut isn't Colts related. And the Colts do not need a slow white guy in the slot. Therefore NOTHING about Collie is Colts related. Try as you might.

What does him being white have to do with anything?  Would you be ok with a slow black slot WR?  Wait...is this Richie Ingonito?