Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent's Breakout?

Bluefire4

I don't think Trent will have that "breakout game" stats wise anytime soon. His importance will be shown by when he makes plays and whether he can move the chains with 3-5 yard gains. 

True. It seems like every week since we've gotten him people are starting threads like this. " Is this the week he breaks out?" If he does, he does. If not, OK. As long as he can move the chains and we win, I'm OK with whatever his stats are.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If somebody already posted this please excuse me. I thought this was interesting.

Mirroring Marshawn Lynch?

A little perspective for those critical of Richardson’s contributions since the Colts acquired the No. 3 overall pick in the 2012 draft from Cleveland for a 2014 first-round draft pick.

His six-game totals: 83 carries, 248 yards, a 3.0 average.

In 2010, Seattle acquired Marshawn Lynch, the seventh overall pick in 2007, from the Buffalo Bills.

His first six games with the Seahawks: 81 carries, 253 yards, 3.1 average.

Once he settled in, Lynch rushed for 1,204 yards in 2011, 1,590 yards in ’12 and ranks second in the league this season with 726 yards.

Perhaps the acquisition of Richardson won’t pan out. But it’s too soon to reach that conclusion.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20131108/SPORTS03/311080060/Heard-Colts-locker-room-Trent-Richardson-ready-he-next-Marshawn-Lynch

If somebody already posted this please excuse me. I thought this was interesting.

A little perspective for those critical of Richardson’s contributions since the Colts acquired the No. 3 overall pick in the 2012 draft from Cleveland for a 2014 first-round draft pick.

In 2010, Seattle acquired Marshawn Lynch, the seventh overall pick in 2007, from the Buffalo Bills.

Once he settled in, Lynch rushed for 1,204 yards in 2011, 1,590 yards in ’12 and ranks second in the league this season with 726 yards.

Perhaps the acquisition of Richardson won’t pan out. But it’s too soon to reach that conclusion.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20131108/SPORTS03/311080060/Heard-Colts-locker-room-Trent-Richardson-ready-he-next-Marshawn-Lynch

This could apply to any rb doing poorly 

my problem was giving up a 1st round pick, seattle gave up a 4th round pick for lynch. lynch was a career 4 ypc rb and 4.4 ypc that year (much better) and they only gave up a 4th round pick! if the colts gave up a 4th for tr, i don't believe there would be a lot of complaining here. lynch had some good games in those 6 you talk about, but one terrible one (9 carries 7 yards) that kills the ypc in a small sample size. all richardson's games with the colts have been very consistent. also, seattle was a 7-9 team that year, the colts are a much better team. when seattle got a lot better, he got better.

I don't think Trent will have that "breakout game" stats wise anytime soon. His importance will be shown by when he makes plays and whether he can move the chains with 3-5 yard gains. 

trent is gonna show his importance in the playoff and them grind it out games when u need the tuff yards

my problem was giving up a 1st round pick, seattle gave up a 4th round pick for lynch. lynch was a career 4 ypc rb and 4.4 ypc that year (much better) and they only gave up a 4th round pick! if the colts gave up a 4th for tr, i don't believe there would be a lot of complaining here. lynch had some good games in those 6 you talk about, but one terrible one (9 carries 7 yards) that kills the ypc in a small sample size. all richardson's games with the colts have been very consistent. also, seattle was a 7-9 team that year, the colts are a much better team. when seattle got a lot better, he got better.

i never was a fan of giving up a 1st for him.  thought a second was a fair price

that said it isn't exactly the same scenario.  lynch wasn't a model citizen with the bills.  that drove his stock down

no he wouldn't

Yes he would!

DB runs behind that same horrible OL that everyone is talking about yet he runs for 6 and a half yards a carry....  Does the OL run block better for him vs TR?   I think not!    DB gets less than 5 carries a game - I'd like to see that at least double to 10 carries a game - maybe 15.  IMO his game play has earned him more carries - I hope we give them to him!    DB never fumbles - they said that about TR too - but hes already put the ball on the ground a few times!  Give 31 some respect!

Yes he would!

DB runs behind that same horrible OL that everyone is talking about yet he runs for 6 and a half yards a carry....  Does the OL run block better for him vs TR?   I think not!    DB gets less than 5 carries a game - I'd like to see that at least double to 10 carries a game - maybe 15.  IMO his game play has earned him more carries - I hope we give them to him!    DB never fumbles - they said that about TR too - but hes already put the ball on the ground a few times!  Give 31 some respect!

db runs behind the same line.  but not the same formations.  not against the same # of defenders in the box.  you can call that nonsense but it is a fact.  you can easily go back and watch.  it is true.  when db gets in the those power formations, his results go way down.  once again, fact.

that said.  they have been equaling out the workload of trich and brown.  which is fine by me. 

trich has lost 1 fumble.  on a play where he should have just went down.  but even then, the play should have been blown dead imo.  lets not act like trich has fumbling issues

db runs behind the same line.  but not the same formations.  not against the same # of defenders in the box.  you can call that nonsense but it is a fact.  you can easily go back and watch.  it is true.  when db gets in the those power formations, his results go way down.  once again, fact.

that said.  they have been equaling out the workload of trich and brown.  which is fine by me. 

trich has lost 1 fumble.  on a play where he should have just went down.  but even then, the play should have been blown dead imo.  lets not act like trich has fumbling issues

Im sure by the end of the season the number of times each run behind power formations will be close to equaling out

Coming to the team all I heard them say was he never put the ball on the ground - he has lost control of it several times now- but yes he has only "lost one" ... you are correct.

2) Yes, the browns did pay his signing bonus, but we are still on the hook for the biggest part of his salary $6.6 million and if we take the 5th year option that's about another $7 million ... so we get him 4 years for between $14-$15 million before we have to give him that second contract (or release him).

So on one hand we have TRich for 4 yrs $14-15 million ---or--- On the other we have a 2nd round RB in 2014 draft for 4 yrs $3-4 million  +  our 1st round draft pick.

I agree with your point but think it's overstated a bit because there is no way the Colts pick up the 5th year option unless he DOES start producing like a top back.  Also, if Colts were looking to draft a RB with a 2nd round pick then we still have that 2nd round pick to use elsewhere.  So, factoring those in, it's not as bad as stated above.

TRich at 3 years/$6.6M AND a 2nd round pick (perhaps a 2nd round OG/WR) -- or -- a 2nd round RB at 4 years/$3.4M AND a 1st round pick (perhaps a 1st round OG/WR).

That's finally come true for someone who was a Donald Brown loyalist...

Are you serious? I dont think youre remembering correctly. I was the one bashing brown cause ballard did just as good as him on his rookie year. Remember, im the one who ticked off the brown loyalists by excluding his one 80yd run to get a better idea of his average. Dont you put that curse on me ricky bobby. Brown loyalists..ughh i feel like i need to cry in a shower with my clothes on, like i was violated or something.

Are you serious? I dont think youre remembering correctly. I was the one bashing brown cause ballard did just as good as him on his rookie year. Remember, im the one who ticked off the brown loyalists by excluding his one 80yd run to get a better idea of his average. Dont you put that curse on me ricky bobby. Brown loyalists..ughh i feel like i need to cry in a shower with my clothes on, like i was violated or something.

Uhhh...

I wasn't referring to you, I was saying in general... I was reffering to those fans who tried to be optimistic about Donald Brown for the past four seasons, to finally breakout & have some good games...

If they started threads each week saying "This is the week Donald has a big game" , they would finally have something to talk about...

Making jokes...

All jokes...

Shake & Bake...

Shake & Bake

Trent was brought into a power running system to be our power back. Everyone, please stop thinking that Pep should alter the offense just so that T-Rich can gain better than 3YPC. It's up to Trent to make this work, like Ballard and Bradshaw were able to do in this exact offense.

A better argument could be made that we are using Richardson incorrectly and thus admitting that for our offense, we chose the wrong back.

It's up to the offensive line to run block and for Richardson to take the right angles and hit the right holes. Neither has happened, other than rarely, which is why it's a chronic problem, a systemic problem.

a break out for Trent Richardson at this point is like a 40 yard game. He's so horrible.

Seriously bro, when was the last time you had your eyes checked?

Trent will not have a break out year with Satele and McGlynn. Sorry, I just don't see it happening. I think I saw Satele walking around holding into Langfords belt loop. Cause he straight made him his prison .....

I never saw TR play in College and at Cleveland but something is very wrong, who is at fault I can't say but our offensive line is suspect to be polite But Brown seems to be the go to guy and if he can get it done why TR.

He had -1 yards. He doesn't get it done either. Only when we get the ball moving and the pass working is DB able to come in and pop off some yards